Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

it takes the scareactors some time to settle into their rolls. I’d go with the 18th in your case.

last year they had a lot of new people wash out & had to bring in new hires. Toward the end of our first trip down for the season the overall quality improved greatly (first week of October). GS rep I spoke to said most who bailed indicated they use couldn’t handle the uncomfortable masking situation.

There is a separate line dedicated for resort Guests during HHN

if a tour, believe you will enter thru the door in the front near outside GS that goes into VIP service area, not the standard ‘gate line’.
Yes the resort lane was on the far left, it was nice. We didn’t get there after checking in at the hotel until after they quit letting in day guests ( which I felt like they cut off more than 30 minutes before park close.. not sure what is normal). Stay and scream is still way better if you can swing it.

Since I always did BOGO and didn't go last year, just checking. If I just wanted to go for 2 nights in October only, it's still likely to be cheaper to buy 2 separate single night tics vs any multi day offering, correct? (assuming there's no BOGO.)

The first ‘tour’ is a bit rushed for food, I found. Also, I don’t think the refillable drink deal is particularly good. The drinks all seemed to be premixed and you can’t take liquids into the houses, so you either glug it or try to find somewhere to empty your cup,
Hmm, is this true? Others feel the same?
@CAPSLOCK I cannot remember our start time last year. I booked 5:30pm for 10/30/22 but can change it to 6pm. I wouldn't want anyone to feel rushed.

So many things to think about!

I will be an HHN newbie. I did buy a ticket for Sept 21 and may also book a tour for that date as I am feeling like it may be a bit more fun in a group (I’m on a solo trip). Thoughts?

Also considering rush of fear if they come out since I could also do the prior week when I’m stay at WDW. But again, maybe one night with a tour is more worth it?

Is the opening show worth it? Do they do it every night before they open the gates or is it just the first night?

Is the opening show worth it?
IMO no. You have to be strategically located to see much.
It is nightly.

Edit: maybe the opening show is something different then? We saw Jack the clown come out before the gates opened - this was a Sat in Oct. Him walking out with a megaphone & a few other scare actors & amping up the crowd for a minute was the entire extent of it.

They only do it for the opening night.

Not something you really need to see....it`s just ok.

It is nightly.

Edit: maybe the opening show is something different then? We saw Jack the clown come out before the gates opened - this was a Sat in Oct. Him walking out with a megaphone & a few other scare actors & amping up the crowd for a minute was the entire extent of it.

Ok, thanks :) I'm thinking about when they come out before the gates opened. If it's not worth it, then we won't worry about it, we'll just do stay and scream each night we go.

It is nightly.

Yes, on opening nights they let off a few small fireworks, announce the event open kind of thing and it was just as simple as that.

I just so happened to be in LA Halloween weekend for my college reunion, so we jumped down to Anaheim our last night for Oogie Boogie Bash. That event was FANTASTIC. I wish WDW would do something similar with the characters at their Halloween event. We also did Boo Bash, and thank goodness that was our first event of the Spooky Season because we had fun, but it did not hold up to Oogie Boogie or HHN.

I just so happened to be in LA Halloween weekend for my college reunion, so we jumped down to Anaheim our last night for Oogie Boogie Bash. That event was FANTASTIC. I wish WDW would do something similar with the characters at their Halloween event. We also did Boo Bash, and thank goodness that was our first event of the Spooky Season because we had fun, but it did not hold up to Oogie Boogie or HHN.
Boo Bash looked so anti-climatic. I'm hoping MNSSHP returns this fall.

So many things to think about!

I will be an HHN newbie. I did buy a ticket for Sept 21 and may also book a tour for that date as I am feeling like it may be a bit more fun in a group (I’m on a solo trip). Thoughts?

Also considering rush of fear if they come out since I could also do the prior week when I’m stay at WDW. But again, maybe one night with a tour is more worth it?

If I was on a solo trip and it fit the budget, I think I'd enjoy being with a RIP group tour. I'm very shy and quiet, and probably wouldn't talk too much, but I think being in a tour group would be a little more comfortable. Having said that, I'd still go solo without a tour rather than not go.

Rush of Fear historically is a very cheap ticket (to incentivize locals to go a bunch in September). Check the price (and see if 9/21 is covered) for base RoF and Rof with Express when they come out. If you like that option, I believe they will upgrade your single-night ticket to whichever pass. I would call to do this rather than wait until on-site.

This is just my opinion of what I would do with this scenario... If I could go 3 nights, I'd get the Rof with Express. If the choice is between I could go 2 nights without Express or 1 night with RIP tour, it would depend on if I could Stay and Scream and stay late both nights. If not, I'd go one night ticket with RIP. Understand that my personal priority is the houses, so I want to make sure I see them all.

A public RIP tour will get you through all houses in a very quick manner. You'll pass through all scare zone, but won't spend much time in any of them. The guide will probably take you to the front of a ride or two too. Also the stage show (if there is one this year) is usually included in the tour too. It is definitely rushed, but you get it done and will have time after the tour to ride rides (your RIP ticket gets you a single express for each ride, and you can then spend more time in the scare zones, and/or line up in the regular lines for houses. Also, there are lots of food options across the park. Depending on your stamina, you can still get a lot more done after the tour.

I hope this helps some, but feel free to ask any followup questions.

Last edited:
What are crowd levels in the parks like during the day on a Saturday before they herd everyone to the stay and scream areas? It’s hard to tell from crowd calendars if the high numbers are for the whole day, regular park hours, or the HHN crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter