• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Similarly my only Xmas party at Disney was in 2017 and it was beyond packed. Made me question why we bought tickets

we did a regular after hours event in June 2018 and it was great. My son still talks about it. I am hoping this is more aligned with that event.
We go 11/23

Just depends on where you go as you can see. We went in December 2016 but the first week of December. Wasn't many people there. It was great.

Just bought tickets for Nov 30th....decided this is actually worth more than spending $100 for a dessert party and a seat for fireworks for basically 1 hour...
I made the same calculation! I'd booked the dessert party and was strongly considering adding park hoppers to our tickets to make sure we had enough time in each park. But this party accomplished the same things, plus hopefully buys us a several hour respite from the Thanksgiving week crowds.
Yep I cancelled my dessert party reservations and now looking forward to after hours!

This is also why we are doing a 2nd party. We originally were going to do an AH and a dessert party, but the dessert party was $550 vs $1100 for AH, so we decided it was a better use of money to just do a 2nd party. We are staying 2 weeks and have 10 day tickets, so these 2 parties will help fill in a few extra days, too.

The first party is only four days away, no news of specialty treats? For purchase or otherwise.
I was wondering the same thing. We are going on 11/18 so will have some general idea of what to expect by then, but this is a little strange that they're so vague on details.

Hopefully today? I wonder if there will be any merch? Boo Bash didn't get any so i am not holding my breath.
I don't think they announced anything before boo bash? Did they? Everyone found out the first night with the after hours map/guide. Might be wrong..

I saw something on YouTube last night, mickey bars, popcorn, sodas for free. Other snacks for sale.

I saw something on YouTube last night, mickey bars, popcorn, sodas for free. Other snacks for sale.

The Disney website says "In the midst of all the yuletide revelries, take time to recharge with ice cream novelties, popcorn, select beverages and a seasonal treat—included with the cost of the event—available at carts stationed throughout the park." so I think people are referring to that "seasonal treat".

My guess is some sort of small prepackaged iced sugar cookie.

Looks like tickets starting to move....five nights now sold out....11/9, 11/11, 11/16, 11/18, and 12/21 all sold out.
I guess if reports after first party are good tickets will go fast !
It's the $169 dates, plus Christmas break. Perhaps Disney has finally found the max price people will pay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter