• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

We are doing something similar… there Dec 18-23 at WDW, the Dec 24-27 at Universal. We have two days left on non expiration hoppers, so for Mk we will do the holiday party instead on Dec 21… hoping for lighter crowds

Is it safe to assume that in the evenings it would be cool enough for long sleeve tshirts? Looking to make some shirts for the party and I'd hate to make t shirts and then cover them with a hoodie lol.

Is it safe to assume that in the evenings it would be cool enough for long sleeve tshirts? Looking to make some shirts for the party and I'd hate to make t shirts and then cover them with a hoodie lol.

I've been in December and just had a t-shirt on...it was warm. Also been when it was chilly and definitely had a hoodie. The weather is variable in December but you're probably safe with a long sleeve shirt (sleeves could be pushed up a bit if needed). If there's a cold snap though ... the hoodie may still be needed.

I have been there where a thing long sleeve was perfect, and another trip I had to buy a hat and wear a jacket and scarf i was so cold. I would say bringing a zip up if needed makes it easy to swap out for photos

I've been in December and just had a t-shirt on...it was warm. Also been when it was chilly and definitely had a hoodie. The weather is variable in December but you're probably safe with a long sleeve shirt (sleeves could be pushed up a bit if needed). If there's a cold snap though ... the hoodie may still be needed.
Thank you. I am a cold natured person, so if it's like 75 or less without the sun, I'll be cool lol. Like it's currently 73 in my office, and I'm wearing a hoodie and have a blanket across my legs. But I'm also sitting at a desk in a widowless office which is different than running around a theme park.
But I think if it's like 65-75 after dark, Id be good in leggings and a long sleeve shirt. and maybe a jacket. And gloves lol

Thank you. I am a cold natured person, so if it's like 75 or less without the sun, I'll be cool lol. Like it's currently 73 in my office, and I'm wearing a hoodie and have a blanket across my legs. But I'm also sitting at a desk in a widowless office which is different than running around a theme park.
But I think if it's like 65-75 after dark, Id be good in leggings and a long sleeve shirt. and maybe a jacket. And gloves lol

haha! I'm the same. You could also have everyone bring (or buy them?) a thermal long sleeve to wear underneath if needed. I use thermal long sleeves to make my Disney t-shirts workable if we're there when it's cold since I can wear the t-shirt over it and gives me long sleeves.

haha! I'm the same. You could also have everyone bring (or buy them?) a thermal long sleeve to wear underneath if needed. I use thermal long sleeves to make my Disney t-shirts workable if we're there when it's cold since I can wear the t-shirt over it and gives me long sleeves.

Yep - I do this all the time for work.

I get cold easily too. However, I find mid to high 70s in Orlando to feel warmer than at home, Texas. I think it's due to the humidity. I would suggest layering, maybe capri pants, a hoodie.

Idk why, but I legit never thought of this... good grief... Such a simple answer lol

So hard to predict. We were there every December from 2001 to 2019. One trip had a couple of days that didn’t reach 50 and others that were in the 80’s. But most of the time, on average it was around 70.

I went in December one year and it was 60”s by day, 50‘s by night, very chilly. The next year in December it was 87 and I was dripping in sweat! You never know and you have to pay close attention to the forecast. I prefer to overpack instead of paying $$$ for a sweatshirt 😋

On another note I can’t wait to find out what the special treats are at the party, both free and for sale.

We’re doing a Universal trip for the first time (me, husband and 12 year old son) next week. Was going to forgo all Disney for this trip… I’ve already been twice this year lol. Decided to at least visit Springs or a resort restaurant, ended up booking Very Merriest for Nov 9. I’m so excited, we’ve never been there at Christmas time before. We’ve done two MNSSHP in the past, the latest in 2019 and it was a packed nightmare, nothing like the low crowds of one a few years before. Really hoping for low crowds and short lines, so we have time to ride our favorites and still soak in the Christmas. A little concerned when it was the first date to sell out though lol.

We already have party tickets for the 12th, but were considering a 2nd party. Unfortunately, I waited too long and now the only night left that week is the 8th which is also EMH for EP. Wonder if they will sell tickets to sold-out parties in person on the day of like with Boo Bash?

I went in December one year and it was 60”s by day, 50‘s by night, very chilly. The next year in December it was 87 and I was dripping in sweat! You never know and you have to pay close attention to the forecast. I prefer to overpack instead of paying $$$ for a sweatshirt 😋

On another note I can’t wait to find out what the special treats are at the party, both free and for sale.
But I like having a good excuse to buy a sweatshirt I wouldn't normally bc $$$

Only one more week until we get some real info on this party! We go on the 12th, so I can't wait to hear about actual experiences and figure out what our game plan will be. Decided to do our MK day after the party, so I have a better idea of what we still need to ride and what we already got done.

Schedule for the night! :)

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/dis...ney-merriest-after-hours-at-magic-kingdom.htm
'Disney Merriest After Hours' Entertainment Schedule
Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show - 11:15pm
Mickey and Minnie's Very Merry Memories - Castle Forecourt Stage - 9:25pm, 10:35pm, 11:45pm, 12:50am
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade - 9:45pm, 12:05am
Reindeer Wranglers - Frontierland - 9:25pm, 10:30pm, 11:40pm, 12:35am
Club Tinsel Dance Party - Tomorrowland - 9pm-1am

Wonder if they will sell tickets to sold-out parties in person on the day of like with Boo Bash?
If it involves Disney getting more money, you can pretty much bank on it. They will say they are selling the tickets of people who canceled, but we all know it's just a way to boost the take at the gate.

If it involves Disney getting more money, you can pretty much bank on it. They will say they are selling the tickets of people who canceled, but we all know it's just a way to boost the take at the gate.
. They can’t cancel without losing money

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter