• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I think they could’ve oversold this event compared to others (it’s the 50th after all). We have had LOW crowds at all the parks the past few days so I was really expecting something different I suppose.

Tonight was weird. Frontierland was awful. Long lines for snacks, crowds, it was crazy and yet BTMM was 5 minutes most of the night. Splash was down for 1/2 the party which annoyed me since we had moved away from that area. Space mountain was mostly 5 minutes. Jungle cruise and 7D had waits of 40 minutes for portions of the night. I never saw 7D below 40. We never waited more than 2-3 minutes for snacks but we also avoided most of the Frontierland ones.
Thanks for the report. I'm going to read every report for the next week or two to make a final decision on whether I'm going to do this or not. I can always use the "refund" towards my upcoming AP renewal if Disney keeps overselling these IMO.

It does sound like they have increased the tickets they are selling with these day of sales. I was wondering, when you keep the unused ticket in your account for future credit, Disney doesn't actually do anything with that ticket correct? It stays in your account until ready to use. Doesn't that mean they wouldn't have any record of what tickets are going to be used/cancelled except for the ones where they make exceptions and issue refunds? Are they just guessing how many cancelled tickets they may have to sell and overshooting that number?

can you explain your enchanted strategy? you watched it from fantasyland? And you did pirates twice? Is peter pan ride open and how were those lines? thank you
We watched enchantment from the area around the Carousel. It’s not the best view but we have a dessert party for the fireworks tonight and I wanted to avoid Main Street like umm, the plague! 😂 So perhaps not the best option for many but for us it was.

Yes, we did pirates around 7:20 because I wanted off Main Street immediately. So pirates had the shortest line at 15 minutes. So we did that and then walked to fantasyland for enchantment. Then we did it later in the party. I thought there’d be live actors? There were not last night.

Peter Pan was 30 minutes at 845. The rest of the night it was over 15 but I didn’t keep a close eye on it to be honest.

Thanks for your detailed boo bash report. We are hoping to score same day tickets for Boo Bash on Oct 22nd.

These recent reports of large crowds for the event are concerning. We have tickets for Halloween night so I was expecting it to be busy but now I'm glad I bought tickets for a dessert party on one of our other MK days. I'm perfectly content to avoid Main Street and the hub as much as possible during the event. We have a Steakhouse 71 dinner reservation before as well so hopefully, we won't be interested in the snacks until later on in the night. I don't want to have to wait in long lines for candy, however, and I would like to catch a cavalcade or two for the insane price we paid for these tickets.

So we are doing the dessert party before the fireworks (fingers crossed we can use the shortcut by Tony's and they let Boo-Bashers in a few minutes early)... after the fireworks, what is the best way to go for less crowds? I have TouringPlans wait app, but also wanted thoughts from people that have been.

Any advice for people who've attended Boo Bash how to tackle it? Where's the best place to watch the cavalcade?

Here is a photo from the 10/5 event which I left early. I started the event in Frontierland and these type of crowds are what we experienced the whole time we were at the party which caused us to leave 50 minutes in and were given a full refund. I actually showed guest services this photo.

Here is a photo from the 10/5 event which I left early. I started the event in Frontierland and these type of crowds are what we experienced the whole time we were at the party which caused us to leave 50 minutes in and were given a full refund. I actually showed guest services this photo.
View attachment 610707
That is CRAZY! Something had to have happened with ticket sales for that night. This seems so incredibly different from reports of earlier Boo Bash dates. I want no part of that crowd.

i am going with dh , is this event recommended for empty nesters? we are going at five p.m. to citricos, resort hopping there, walking or boating over after.

UPDATE: Disney refunded the full price of our tickets. My husband explained that we purchased the tickets with the understanding that there would be a limit on tickets sold. A member of our travel party cannot deal with crowds like we were hearing about for the Boo Bash. The CM said Disney did not expect "so many people to be here at this time" and increased the number of tickets for sale. Clearly.

View attachment 610707
View attachment 610707
We are at WDW this week and part of next and have Boo Bash tickets for October 10th. I have no interest in dealing with such crowds. The Epcot crowds during Food and Wine on a weekday in the middle of the day are pre-pandemic and are not fun. How did you "convince" Guest Services to offer you a refund? Isn't the Disney response usually "well...this is a popular event and there was demand from our guests and we wanted to give guests the opportunity, etc. etc. The tickets DO state non-refundable and non-transferable, etc etc." Thanks!

Last edited:
That is CRAZY! Something had to have happened with ticket sales for that night. This seems so incredibly different from reports of earlier Boo Bash dates. I want no part of that crowd.

I would think that has something to do with it being just after the weekend of the 50th and people making a long weekend out of it. Also wouldn't shock me if they sold extra tickets for that one.

We went last night and we didn't feel it was that crowded at all....not compared to the Halloween parties we have been to. They were still ushering people out after 9 but the rest of the night felt easy. For the 11:00 Calvacades we just walked up and sat on a curb in the hub where there were TONS of open spots. In more interesting news...some of the music for the dance party caught us off guard...(Wanted to add a video but not able to for some reason?)

I attended Boo Bash on Friday Aug 27 and again on Tuesday Oct 5. Oct 5 was much more crowded than in August, but still totally manageable. I expected Oct 5 to be more crowded because it was after the 50th kickoff and because it was closer to Halloween. In August, we concentrated on rides and rode everything, some headliners more than once. On that trip we saw cavalcades by pure chance and hit 2 trick or treat spots. On this trip, we rode only a couple of rides (including Haunted Mansion). We hit every single photopass photo, saw all characters, watched the Cadaver Dans performance, watched both the early and later cavalcades, hit every trick or treat line. So: Boo Bash 1 was rides. Boo Bash 2 was everything else. On Oct 5 we found Frontierland to be quite busy, probably because it's the coolest spot to be. Haunted Mansion is there, multiple characters are out, Cadaver Dans are there, and the cavalcades run through there. Outside of Frontierland wasn't busy at all. Here are a couple of photos in front of the castle at approx 11pm. First photo is the dance party DJ on the main stage (playing songs like Michael Jackson, Kung Fu Fighting, etc.) Second image is the start of the late cavalcade run. And for this "front row" photo, I walked up one minute before it came through. There was no one there.

Boo Bash Castle .jpgBoo Bash Cavalcade.jpg

Question: for those that went to guest services after a bad experience, what is being offered? Am I correct that some people have been offered refunds, some a one day park ticket, and some have been offered tickets to another party (Halloween or Christmas?)

thanks for any insight….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter