• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

When free dining has dropped in the past what time has it been released? Sometime early morning?

Yes I’m in the central time zone and I remember booking some trips around 3-4ish in the morning!

Staying up all night or getting up early to refresh the page!!!

Then when the discount pops up fall backwards out of my chair spilling coffee everywhere!!!!!:rotfl2:

Yes I’m in the central time zone and I remember booking some trips around 3-4ish in the morning!

Staying up all night or getting up early to refresh the page!!!

Then when the discount pops up fall backwards out of my chair spilling coffee everywhere!!!!!:rotfl2:

The last time I booked a free dining trip I stayed up waiting all night. I was younger then, I swear at my age every year I get older I get more and more exhausted. It's ridiculous.

What page should I be checking/refreshing when looking to book? The main WDW page or a more specific page within the website? Thanks :)

Thanks, I thought September discounts came out later in the spring. Guess I’ll be paying attention to that Disney site!

They also had some free dining September dates available to be booked when the second wave of fd opened in July.

None of us really know what’s going to happen (if anything) tomorrow. :)

I remember last year when free dining popped up it was available to Disney Visa card holders prior to it being open to the public (the one that was released in April I think). We didn't actually plan on trip then but I was wondering would the visa card holders be told prior to the rest or does it just depend on the discount?

I remember last year when free dining popped up it was available to Disney Visa card holders prior to it being open to the public (the one that was released in April I think). We didn't actually plan on trip then but I was wondering would the visa card holders be told prior to the rest or does it just depend on the discount?

I"m wondering the same thing. So far nothing from Chase that I've seen.

Sorry this is not correct. Last year Free Dining opened to the General Public early Jan 2nd. At that time nothing had been released earlier for Disney Visa cardholders. The early release of the FD offer took everyone by surprise!! I booked 3 trips for friends that day that I hadn’t anticipated booking until late April!

If you’re talking about April 2018, I think Chase Visa holders had an opportunity to choose earlier August dates over the general public offer, but the actual fd release date was opened to everyone at the same time.

NEWS:

This update will affect some on this thread. Very important information here re: children’s Quick Service dining credits. If you are travelling wth a child between the ages of 3-9 you will want to read this!!

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/updated-look-to-the-disney-dining-plan-clarifies-loophole

I think this bodes well for a free dining release. :)

This will make purchasing the dining plan less cost effective. Fewer people will want to purchase it, so they’ll need to give it away.:P

what time does disney update their offers? I know it’s est but want to be online when they possibly will update.

August into October is also hurricane season. The last few trips I've taken have been late Sept into early Oct and I've been incredibly lucky to miss the storms ie hurricane blew through the week before I arrived and another time I flew out a few days before the hurricane arrived. While Orlando is inland and generally does not suffer as much severe damage as the coasts, it can still suffer some damage and dramatically up end travel plans. Many DIS'rs have cancelled their vacations at the last minute because of hurricane reports, often eating the cost of airfare and/or losing their vacation time at work, to avoid putting themselves and their families in danger. It's a great deal of extra stress in the weeks leading up to the trip as families decide if they will get on the plane or not. I'm not being a downer or trying to discourage anyone from booking FD in late summer/early fall, but just another important factor to add in the mix when you decide to book the FD promotion/take the room only discount for these dates. If you think the worry is exaggerated, search on the Boards for the threads dealing with the 2018 hurricane season. A great deal of planning, $ and dreams go into these vacations. Only you and your family can decide if WDW in hurricane season is a risk you are willing to accept.
Thanks for the info we are in ga so we always drive September would be a first for us it is one of our options and it is a good deal price wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter