• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to nit pick :) but the 12th and 19th are Thursday parties, not Tuesdays. It only caught my eye because I planned on going on a Tuesday and freaked out for a minute thinking I had the wrong dates.
EDIT : unless you mean November, sorry!

November 😎 I went back and edited my post. Sorry if it was confusing!

Thoughts and considerations on Tuesday November 12th (our first full day) vs Tuesday November 19th (our last full day?). Any pros/cons to one over another? We have 1) Never been to Disneyworld and of course it follows, never done this party. We are West Coast Disneyland pros lol.
I would vote the 19th. For the 12th, you may still have crowds from people adding a couple extra days to Veteran's day weekend. But the 19th is too late for Veteran's day crowds and too early for most Thanksgiving-ers. So I would pick the 19th to be in between the two November holidays.

Nov 13, 2018 (the equivalent of Nov 12 this year) was a low crowd party. I think whichever suits your schedule best is fine!

I would vote the 19th. For the 12th, you may still have crowds from people adding a couple extra days to Veteran's day weekend. But the 19th is too late for Veteran's day crowds and too early for most Thanksgiving-ers. So I would pick the 19th to be in between the two November holidays.
Thanks! Any thoughts of enjoyment level as this is the very end of our vacation...I gotta say I’m a little concerned about fatigue lol

My brother in-law is a DVC member. My family (not DVC members) will be arriving around lunchtime on our party day. Can my brother in-law get us in on our party tickets at 2PM? What does he have to show a CM to verify that he's a DVC member?

Thanks! Any thoughts of enjoyment level as this is the very end of our vacation...I gotta say I’m a little concerned about fatigue lol
I think there is enough unique stuff at the party to keep it fun and fresh. The new fireworks sound like a fun sendoff at the end the trip too! I would just focus on party shows rather than rides since you will have done all the ride before (except maybe the ones with party overlays)

I have not been to MVMCP, but last year attended MNSSHP to kick off our trip and it was great. We have two small children and they were still excited and weren’t worn out yet. The extra special atmosphere of the party was a great way to start the week. I wanted to start our trip on November 12th with the party, but our flight gets in too late. We will be there on Thursday 11/14! Also, from a more logistical perspective, if there is terrible weather and cancelations you may be able to get guest services to change your tickets to the 19th.

We like closer to the end of the trip too and are planning to attend on 11/14...better choice than our last night as we fly home on the 16th at 9 a.m.

Or perhaps the euphoria of that party will be the pick me up you need after that week of fun...

I'm hitting the parks hard (so many extras & merch ops 😅). I'm a little concerned about my fatigue levels too (opted for two parties).

We end our trip with the party too. Unfortunately last year my hubby was too sick to go, but it ended up being a great night with me and my 2 year old and we closed the park down. Looking forward to ending our 8 night trip with the party this year as well.

I see the fireworks are listed in this thread as being at 10 pm during the party... will that be the time they happen during the week of Christmas as well if MK is closing at 10 pm?

So I got my ticket for 11/8 and now I’m wondering about the dessert party for the fireworks given this is likely to be a sellout crowd and a new show relying heavily on projections. Do you think it would eat too much into party time?

I see the fireworks are listed in this thread as being at 10 pm during the party... will that be the time they happen during the week of Christmas as well if MK is closing at 10 pm?

I don't think the fireworks are actually on the WDW calendar yet for Christmas week, but the various dessert party times imply it will be 10pm - as they were last year. So to me 10pm seems a safe bet.

BTW, 99% chance MK closing gets extended later every day that week, although that won't change the 10pm fireworks time.

So curious what people do for dinner at MVMCP? We’re a family of 4: myself, DH and a 3 and 5 year old. We’re DVC so planning on entering at 2pm for the party. What should we do for dinner? I don’t want to waste valuable party time but DH will want to sit down for a meal. Party priorities for us are rides, castle lighting and parades.

So curious what people do for dinner at MVMCP? We’re a family of 4: myself, DH and a 3 and 5 year old. We’re DVC so planning on entering at 2pm for the party. What should we do for dinner? I don’t want to waste valuable party time but DH will want to sit down for a meal. Party priorities for us are rides, castle lighting and parades.
We generally grab quick service at Cosmic Rays. If we can hit it during the dance party, that helps entertain the kids while we get ordered and such. I think it's called Club Tinsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter