• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get in line as soon as you are eligible to enter the park. If you only have a party ticket, be at MK no later than 3:30 (through bag check, waiting to enter) and head directly to their M&G. If you can be in the park earlier (DVC or day ticket), head to their line about 3:15, that’s usually when it starts forming. They begin greeting guests at 4:30. Enjoy!

Just to add a bit to this... I agree if you can get in line before 3:30 that would be ideal. I would also recommend having your wife and daughter join you before 4pm. Once the party people are officially let into the park the line fills up pretty quick. Since this is an inside line that wraps several times, it may be difficult for them to get up to you. They would have also needed to get their bands somewhere before entering if they join you after 4, where if they are in line with you before 4 they'll get their bands in line. Of course if your DVC and entering at 2, then you can ignore the band part :)

Your daughter will love it! It's such a great character interaction!

Wow, I spent days catching up on this thread after vacation. Lots of great info!

DH and I are going to our first party this year. We are arriving in Orlando at 11:30 am and thought it would be a good way to get a longer park stay that day, plus a new experience. We will go to GFV from MCO using DME. I will bring a carryon roller bag to store all our carryon stuff at Bell Services since our room likely won’t be ready that early. Our luggage will show up when we are at the park. We are DVC members and can arrive at MK for MNSSHP at 2:00. Plan to take the monorail from GFV to MK. Our tickets are all electronic, how do we make sure that they use the party ticket at 2:00 and not one of the full day tickets we need for the rest of the parks that week? Any suggestions on the above? Thank you!

Is there something that shows the direction of the parade route and estimated times? We are thinking of going to the second parade, and if we watch near the end of the parade we may not have time for much after it, especially if we need to cross through the park.

In my experience, there are 3 rides at MNSSHP that have consistently long lines (compared to other party lines): Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion. Everything else can be walk on at times, but those 3 typically will never get below 20 minutes or so, and probably average around 30. Even Pirates with the overlay can be a walk on at times. Typically we FP it just before the party starts, and then come back later to enjoy the entertainment in front of
I agree with this but add Peter Pan to the list of always long lines during Halloween parties

Re: the SotMK card, we have a 4PM ADR at CRT but can enter the park early as we will be using one of our park days in the morning. Is there any way to get a wristband before 4pm? If not, what do you suggest once we finish CRT re: getting wristbands and the SotMK card? The card is a biggie for DD. How I wish our ADR was for 4:30pm instead.

Thanks to all for your reports and advice. I have been reading this thread off and on for months. Y'all are awesome.

Do the overlays start right at right at 7? Cause I was thinking of meeting Moana then heading straight for Space right after and getting in line at like 6:55 or so?

Re: the SotMK card, we have a 4PM ADR at CRT but can enter the park early as we will be using one of our park days in the morning. Is there any way to get a wristband before 4pm? If not, what do you suggest once we finish CRT re: getting wristbands and the SotMK card? The card is a biggie for DD. How I wish our ADR was for 4:30pm instead.

Thanks to all for your reports and advice. I have been reading this thread off and on for months. Y'all are awesome.

I have never heard of them running out of the card. This year and last year I attended tge first party and got the card in front of the fire station between 6:00 and 6:30.

i do not know the earliest you can get a wristband and a sorcerer’s card if u are already in the park.

First time poster here. I really enjoy reading the thread and have gotten an lot of great ideas for planning my family's first MNSSHP on Sunday, 10/6!

Question on Cruella roaming around Fantasyland during the party - It seems like the reports I've read from this year and last have her spotted anywhere between BOG and the Mad Tea Party. It also seems like a good portion of these spottings/photos have been near 7DMT. Can anyone confirm where they've seen her along this route, and/or the best place to look for her? I don't think she roams as far as the Dumbo/Barnstormer area, does she?

But wouldn't he have to injest it for it to affect him. Touching his shoes shouldn't be an issue. Probably has walked on nut shells all over the park.

If you were to eat a P&J, or anything with peanut butter and it got on your hands and later you used a pen or crayon and then my son used it, which is often the case in elementary, his skin would burn. It would look like a second / third degree burn. So if he touches his shoes as he does when taking them off / putting them on and they have nut oil on them Yes it will affect him negatively.

Why can't people just be respectful of where they are and of others. It's not rocket science. Throw your crap in the trash where it belongs. Who didn't grown up learning this basic social etiquette.

If you were to eat a P&J, or anything with peanut butter and it got on your hands and later you used a pen or crayon and then my son used it, which is often the case in elementary, his skin would burn. It would look like a second / third degree burn. So if he touches his shoes as he does when taking them off / putting them on and they have nut oil on them Yes it will affect him negatively.

Why can't people just be respectful of where they are and of others. It's not rocket science. Throw your crap in the trash where it belongs. Who didn't grown up learning this basic social etiquette.
Exactly. Throwing ANYTHING on the ground is ridiculous, much less a common allergen. Littering is like my #1 pet peeve!!

First time poster here. I really enjoy reading the thread and have gotten an lot of great ideas for planning my family's first MNSSHP on Sunday, 10/6!

Question on Cruella roaming around Fantasyland during the party - It seems like the reports I've read from this year and last have her spotted anywhere between BOG and the Mad Tea Party. It also seems like a good portion of these spottings/photos have been near 7DMT. Can anyone confirm where they've seen her along this route, and/or the best place to look for her? I don't think she roams as far as the Dumbo/Barnstormer area, does she?

Cruella roamed last year. I haven’t heard that she was roaming this year; she hosts a dessert party this year and I was under the impression that the party was the only way to see her this year. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will correct me.

Cruella roamed last year. I haven’t heard that she was roaming this year; she hosts a dessert party this year and I was under the impression that the party was the only way to see her this year. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will correct me.
She is definitely roaming again this year. We saw Cruella messing with the Queen of Hearts and the Tweedles during their M&G.

We saw Cruella roaming in Fantasyland Friday night. I don’t know the exact time but it would have been a bit before 11’ish.

She was roughly between BOG and Enchanted Tales with Belle. There were VERY few people back in this part of the park at this point in the night, only one family with her when we passed.

Leaving Thursday and I'm already worried about the weather. Here's hoping no hurricane/tropical storm party night..... Plan:
Bypass entry at 4pm, buy anything sparkly in the bypass.
SM with FP, wander through hub to Liberty square.
HM with FP
shop at Momento Mori
(hopefully it's not too soon for) SotMK card, wedding cake cupcake, haunted mansion sipper 1, over to CHH for sipper 2.
Annual MNSSHP pin purchase in FL
HM gravediggers photo
BTMRR
Golden Oak - HM donut holder & caramel pretzel.
Catch first parade near FL (maybe? this might be too early here)
PotC
shop through mainstreet
dump everything in a locker
walk toward Fantasyland for fireworks
rest of the night - ToT, pictures & more shopping, random rides
End of night - Headless magic shot as we exit

I'm worried everything is too early, but hopefully with my party band I'll be able to do some purchasing before 7pm. Otherwise does that seem reasonable?

Leaving Thursday and I'm already worried about the weather. Here's hoping no hurricane/tropical storm party night..... Plan:
Bypass entry at 4pm, buy anything sparkly in the bypass.
SM with FP, wander through hub to Liberty square.
HM with FP
shop at Momento Mori
(hopefully it's not too soon for) SotMK card, wedding cake cupcake, haunted mansion sipper 1, over to CHH for sipper 2.
Annual MNSSHP pin purchase in FL
HM gravediggers photo
BTMRR
Golden Oak - HM donut holder & caramel pretzel.
Catch first parade near FL (maybe? this might be too early here)
PotC
shop through mainstreet
dump everything in a locker
walk toward Fantasyland for fireworks
rest of the night - ToT, pictures & more shopping, random rides
End of night - Headless magic shot as we exit

I'm worried everything is too early, but hopefully with my party band I'll be able to do some purchasing before 7pm. Otherwise does that seem reasonable?
I leave in a couple weeks and I am worried about future hurricanes :umbrella:

We attended the 2nd party and got ours at 10:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter