"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Monday's party 10/21 and posted while at the party how busy it was, but here is a little more info. It was me, DH and DD3 dressed as Gabby Gabby, Woody, and Bo Peep. the ToT lines we hit that I can think of are Mickey's Philharmagic, Country Bear Jamboree (this one took forever), Ariel's Grotto, Mickey's Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise, Storybook Circus. We got a ton of candy and skipped a lot of the ToT stations. They were not stingy with the candy especially at the end of the night. The only characters my DD wanted to meet were Jasmine and Genie or Aladdin and Abu. It didn't matter which ones. We got Jasmine and Genie. I was surprised how long the line was. We met Jack and Sally at Christmas Party so decided to skip that this party. I wasn't impressed with the parade, and really wanted to see Headless Horseman ride. I actually liked the castle/fireworks show, but I never saw Hallowishes. I will probably do the party again, but not every year. I preferred the Christmas Party.

3:50 got our bands and entered park, got in line for picture looking down main St. Got SOTMK card.
Bypass for candy and pics
Rode SDMT with FP
5:00 Cosmic Ray's for dinner. I had the Lotso Burger, yum! It was raining while we were eating.
After the rain stopped rode Winnie the Pooh with FP
Walked down mainstreet. Got poison apple pic, headless horseman pic outside, and pic with dead drivers at trolley
Went through bypass again for more candy
6:45 Headed to Haunted Mansion and rode with little wait. When we got off we watched Lady Carlotta, got magic shot.
Did some ToT
Mobile ordered worms and dirt at Pecos for DD.
Tried to ride Pirates but ride was down
ToT
Met Jasmine and Genie
Watched first parade in Frontierland, first row, no Headless Horseman...booo.
Rode Mad Tea Party (DD was begging for this one!)
Watched Fireworks with great view in front of castle
ToT
Disney Junior Dance Party
Rode Little Mermaid
Rode Its a Small World
Rode Carousel
ToT
12:00 Hocus Pocus show

halloween party2.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s my boring 10/27 report:

• Got there about 5, went to bypass and got candy and bags.

• Headed to people mover, new fav

• Wandered around for a bit, got a sprite pretzel. Marveled at lack of insane crowds, was anticipating insanity.

• Went on Ariel bc it was looking like rain

• Hit Small World to annoy my husband

• Got in line for Peter Pan bc it looked like rain right at 7, for candy in line and by the time we were out about 30 minutes later the rain was light

• Went over to Pirates, enjoyed the live pirates but got hosed by water and laughed.

• Went to the hub to get a spot for the parade about 8. Found a curb spot right at the corner of hub and Main Street. Stayed in the area after parade for fireworks
  • As soon as fireworks were over we hit Stitch. He was maybe a 10 minute wait? I’ve never done a character meet before.
  • hit COP TOT for applesauce then laugh floor and filled our bags in those two stops. Lines were long earlier, none then
  • Left after about 11

Here’s my boring 10/27 report:

• Got there about 5, went to bypass and got candy and bags.

• Headed to people mover, new fav

• Wandered around for a bit, got a sprite pretzel. Marveled at lack of insane crowds, was anticipating insanity.

• Went on Ariel bc it was looking like rain

• Hit Small World to annoy my husband

• Got in line for Peter Pan bc it looked like rain right at 7, for candy in line and by the time we were out about 30 minutes later the rain was light

• Went over to Pirates, enjoyed the live pirates but got hosed by water and laughed.

• Went to the hub to get a spot for the parade about 8. Found a curb spot right at the corner of hub and Main Street. Stayed in the area after parade for fireworks
  • As soon as fireworks were over we hit Stitch. He was maybe a 10 minute wait? I’ve never done a character meet before.
  • hit COP TOT for applesauce then laugh floor and filled our bags in those two stops. Lines were long earlier, none then
  • Left after about 11

I love Peoplemover!!

A cm at Jungle Cruise told us the ride should be open for the last few parties! That should help a bit with crowds.

I think tomorrow will be our last party.

I have noticed that they are not handing out the chocolate coins at POTC. I was told they were officially put, is this true??

We were lucky enough to be able to attend 3 parties last week.

On Mon, 10/21 we were the 1st in line for J&S. That left us plenty of time to do bypass and get over to 7Ds M&G. While in line, we all had to take cover as a nice thunderstorm came through. We kept waiting for lightning to strike the cranes. They let us into the M&G area early to keep dry.

After that, we zigged when others zagged and we managed to get all the major characters as well as the parade (still my favorite) and a showing of Hocus Pocus and fill our ToT bags. My niece loved the headless horseman riding through before the parade started.

We did not find it super crowded at all. But than again, we had a plan and zigged when they zagged...

Thursday's party was beyond crazy busy but we were still able to accomplish everything on our "list". First in line for Belle and Gaston got us over to Ariel and Eric pretty quickly (although they came out late and took a relatively early 1st break for some reason).

Still, we hit other characters on our list, did the dessert party, watched Hocus Pocus again and the fireworks and still managed to fill our ToT bags. Get all the magic shots. Again, zigging while others zagged was very important.

We thought that Friday was even crazier than Thursday (the rain did NOT stop people from coming in). With that said, it was our easiest party because our remaining must do list was even shorter. Another Hocus Pocus show (scored some of the best viewing spots last minute), trick or treating, Cadaver Dans. We did somehow manage to forget to ride Space Mountain but there is always next year.

We had some of the best character interactions, including The Queen of Hearts and Tweedles (I've never laughed so hard) and the Grave Diggers (my niece made a comment that made them break their "grave" faces and one had to walk out of the gazebo for a moment as he couldn't stop laughing). Gaston is always a hoot also. :-)

While the weather wasn't the best (hot/humid plus little storm on Monday night on/off rain on Friday) and the parties grew even more crowded, we had the best time(s).

Can't wait until we go again next year!

Here is my 2 cents for what it’s worth. Attended Sundays party (27th) which was not sold out. However it was the most crowded party that I have attended and I have attended more than enough for comparison. I am sure this is due to that fact that Disney is selling more and more tickets while still marketing limited ticket sales. This will probably be the last party I attend. Just not worth the money to be hearded around the park. Again just my humble opinion.

I attended my first ever party on Sunday the 27th and had a fun time / but if that wasn’t sold out, I’d really hate to be there on a sold out night! Lines for rides or food weren’t terrible but all the walkways seemed very crowded. I also had some bad luck with timing and the weather. I was by myself and had just a few things I wanted to do and could move quickly around.

The rain messed some things up. I rode Pirates right before 7 when the rain was starting and no live actors. So I went a second time around 7:30 and only one actor in the line area and no one on the ride. The cast member at the end made a joke about the actors not being there. Said they were afraid to go out on the rain? I guess maybe they came later but I didn’t want to spend more time in that area. Then I tried for the 8:45 Hocus Pocus and it was cancelled even though it wasn’t raining at that point but I guess just too wet?
I watched the first parade and it was great, but no headless horseman. Bummer. I watched the fireworks from the end of Main Street and enjoyed it but probably wouldn’t wait in crowds to see it again. Didn’t seem that memorable. I left right after the fireworks because I had to be at a conference early this morning.

All in all, I enjoyed it but probably would have been really frustrated if I had been trying to do a lot. I wasn’t doing any characters or magic shots. I did enjoy seeing everyone’s costumes and the festive decor and atmosphere so would probably go back just for all that.

Going with friends. Parade and fireworks a must. Some candy stops and maybe some attractions.

If you want any advice:

Watch first parade in Frontierland. Atmosphere is spookier/better over there. I don't like to waste the last hour of the party watching the parade, lines are too short for other things during that time.

Try Space Mountain, was actually very fun with the lights off.

TTA is also fun during the parties, you get to watch all the Halloween stuff happening around you like the Monster's Inc Dance Party.

If you don't care about seeing the Jack puppet during the fireworks, there's usually plenty of space in the grass in front of Casey's.

I attended the Thursday, 10/24 party and it felt very crowded compared to parties I have attended in the past. All the lands felt more congested and harder to navigate than when I was in MK earlier in the day. The last sold out party I attended was MNSSHP in 2016 and it was nothing compared to this year. Fortunately I had a "relaxed" itinerary and no character meets planned since no one was really new this year. Attractions besides 7DMT, PP, Pirates, and Space Mountain seemed very low the whole night. This is what I accomplished while trying to take it easy:

Bypass PhotoPass pics
Monster's Inc ToT a "few" times...
Space Mountain (about a 25 minute wait)
Shopping at Big Top Souvenirs
Fantasyland ToT
BTMR (less than a 10 minute wait)
BTMR and Splash Mountain ToT
Ice cream/party snack break
Watched 1st parade by Plaza while eating collected snacks
Front and center HUB spot for new fireworks show (I avoided all videos prior to viewing in person and they were ok. Not bad, but not what I was expecting for a new nighttime "spectacular")
Front spot for 2nd parade in Liberty Square
HM PhotoPass pics
7DMT right before midnight

After 12am

Main Street PhotoPass pics
Headless Horseman PhotoPass pics
Back at CR by 12:40am

Even though there were some crowds and the heat/humidity was high, I still had a great time and left with a ton of candy. The crowds won't deter me from going again in the future, just helps me set a new expectation. I have DL planned for next October, but will try to find a weekend I can run to WDW and fit a party in.

I attended the party on 10/27 and had a great time despite the rain. Our main priorities were HM, Space and POC, plus parade, fireworks, and Hocus Pocus. We were able to accomplish all of that and more! Arrived about 3:50 and were let in right away. Went down the bypass and stopped for a few pics. Between 4-6 we did FPs for BTMR, SDMT and JC and ate at Pecos Bills.

Around 6 did HM with about a 10 minute wait (posted at 30).

Peter Pan was posted at 30 minutes and it took just about that long.

After PP it was starting to rain so we headed toward Space to jump in line since it was almost 7. Posted at 35 but only took about 20. Loved the overlay, so creepy and fun!

At that point it was raining pretty hard so decided to throw on ponchos and headed towards POC. Stopped at Cosmic Rays TOT station, line was long but moved quickly.

Pirates was posted at 25 and took just about that. Live actors weren’t too impressive IMO.

Staked out a spot on Main St for 1st parade. Loved it! We were disappointed it was too wet for Headless Horseman though :(

Stayed in the hub for fireworks show and thought they were great. Jack was much smaller than I expected and pretty hard to see, even from pretty close up.

After fireworks headed into Tomorrowland and did TTA, Astro Orbiter and Buzz. Also danced a bit at the Monsters Inc. Party. and hit the Buzz ToT station.

Finished the night with a quick snack at Casey's while watching the 12am Hocus Pocus show.

All in all, a really fun night. Crowds weren't terrible and ride lines were relatively short for most rides. Having done both Christmas and Halloween I would say the Halloween party has a more fun vibe and I would definitely do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter