"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

So i heard the only thing sold out currently is the HP pin right? Do they still have the light up ornament and the HP globe?

Ok going to try to do my 9/25 party write up again. We got there at 3:45 and they were letting folks in but we held back under the shade to let it clear a bit. I was bounding as Daisy Duck and my nephew and his wife were the Joker and Harley Quinn - everyone loved their costumes. I think that was the hit of the party for them. LOL That and no wait times for anything but 7DMT

We first went to the firehouse for the SotMK cards and then headed to the bypass. We took pictures first in front of the pumpkin wreath where we got a cauldron shot. Then we went to the Donald statue line and took pics with the frame and they got a flaming pumpkin magic shot - I already had it from 9/23 party. We got the treat bags and starter candy and headed to first fastpass - Buzz Space Ranger Spin. After the ride we got in line to meet Buzz. Then we headed to jungle cruise for our 5pm FP. Then we rode the magic carpets. Had a bit of a delay there - we were on the ride and some woman and her daughter decided to open the gate on her own and board just as the CM was starting the ride so she had to hi the emergency shut-off button. We all had to disembark and hang in the exit area while they reset the ride, then we were good to go. After that we walked on to PotC. We next did a restroom break and decided we were hungry so stopped at Pecos Bills to eat before party started. They were selling Hades nachos but I had already tried them. We finished up about 6:45 and headed to BTMRR and walked on that. Party started so we went to the SM ToT spot - not busy at all so I went thru it a second time. Then we hit the ToT at Tom Sawyer. They wouldn't let me go get more applesauce tho. :P Then we headed to Adventureland to ToT at Jungle Cruise. Line was going great until we got to the barrel and got our candy and some lady had 2 strollers and 5 kids and stopped just past the barrel and was blocking everyone from moving. We skipped the PotC ToT spot and headed to Main Street.

We did the magic shots on Mainstreet. They had my nephew and wife do the ballroom dancing so they got that magic shot and the flaming pumpkin one. I got a tinkerbell flying above me, the flaming pumpkin and the cauldron shots. Also got a tinkerbell video. Then we headed over to Tomorrowland. Went to CoP ToT line first and then rode peoplemover twice - we stayed on. Needed to rest the feet. They wanted to do Buzz again and I was thirsty so they headed there and I went to restroom and stopped at Coolship for a drink. Was planning to get water and saw they had lemonade so ordered that. I was pixie dusted. I had dumped some of my candy in my big bag and was searching for my money pouch and the guy said don't worry about it - free lemonade! then I headed back to the CoP Tot as it was empty and then saw them waiting for me outside of Astro Orbitor which we walked on next. Nice view up there. They wanted to ride Space Mtn so I sat at a table and watched the Monsters party while they rode - it didn't take them long so I assume it was near walkon as well. Then we headed to Fantasyland for 7DMT.

It said about 30 mins and I think it was 25. We finished about 5 mins before fireworks. They did restrooms and I did Pinocchio ToT line. I stayed right near there to watch fireworks and missed them as they went thru the ToT line and stopped outside of Philharmagic to watch fireworks. I went back thru ToT and the CM literally scooped both hands in the barrel and out the candy in my bag. LOL Met them at Philharmagic and went thru ToT there - no line. As we got out of the second location there was a CM with 2 pumpkin buckets. You drew a card that said either trick or treat on it. She got treat, and I got trick - had to make a scary face and they gave us Mickey sucker pops Nephew didn't do it. Then we went to teacups and again, walked on. We had enough candy so we headed to mainstreet and stopped to watch Hocus Pocus show. Then we made out way to Casey's for ice water and was trying to make our way to the train station but didn't quite make it before the HH showed up. We stopped right where the construction wall and there was just one family sitting on the curb so I stood behind them and they sat on sidewalk to watch parade. After the parade we decided we were done and headed to exit - it was way too crowded trying to leave so we sat on park bench to let some of the crowds move and noticed they were taking pics at the pumpkins so did that. Got the gravediggers Magic shot there. Stopped for restroom and then headed to car. I didn't even mention HH shot to them as they were done - I did it on the 23rd. It was probably midnight as we were leaving. My feet were done.

Overall it was a great party - little to no wait times for everything, including ToT trails. I enjoyed both parties but was hurting so badly for the first one I didn't get to see everything I wanted but I got most of it done on the second party.

So i heard the only thing sold out currently is the HP pin right? Do they still have the light up ornament and the HP globe?

Hmm, nope. Just go back one page. It's been confirmed by a few TWO pins are sold out. I've not heard about the other items.

I am at the party now, I am so glad I chose this night, so far every ride we have done has been a walk on except for HM where we waited about 10min when the posted wait was 20. It is definitely warm but a lot better now that the sun is gone. In Frontierland waiting for parade, the front row is pretty full but there is lots of room otherwise.

Ok going to try to do my 9/25 party
We first went to the firehouse for the SotMK cards and then headed to the bypass. We took pictures first in front of the pumpkin wreath where we got a cauldron shot. Then we went to the Donald statue line and took pics with the frame and they got a flaming pumpkin magic shot

Jungle Cruise - we were on the ride and some woman and her daughter decided to open the gate on her own and board just as the CM was starting the ride so she had to hi the emergency shut-off button. We all had to disembark and hang in the exit area while they reset the ride, then we were good to go.

Pecos Bills - Hades nachos

Party started so we went to the SM ToT spot - not busy at all so I went thru it a second time. Then we hit the ToT at Tom Sawyer. They wouldn't let me go get more applesauce tho. :P Then we headed to Adventureland to ToT at Jungle Cruise. Line was going great until we got to the barrel and got our candy and some lady had 2 strollers and 5 kids and stopped just past the barrel and was blocking everyone from moving. We skipped the PotC ToT spot and headed to Main Street.

We did the magic shots on Mainstreet. They had my nephew and wife do the ballroom dancing so they got that magic shot and the flaming pumpkin one. I got a tinkerbell flying above me, the flaming pumpkin and the cauldron shots. Also got a tinkerbell video.

Was planning to get water and saw they had lemonade so ordered that. I was pixie dusted. I had dumped some of my candy in my big bag and was searching for my money pouch and the guy said don't worry about it - free lemonade!

Woof! Awesome report!
I hope they keep photographers at the bypass who are trained to take magic shots, it would be nice to get some while there.
Pecos Bills - Hades nachos about 6:30 or earlier?
Pixie dust is sweet stuff!

Woof! Awesome report!
I hope they keep photographers at the bypass who are trained to take magic shots, it would be nice to get some while there.
Pecos Bills - Hades nachos about 6:30 or earlier?
Pixie dust is sweet stuff!
yes - it was after 6 - about 6:20 when we stopped to eat and they were serving them

This party is pretty ‘dead’, pun intended! We did all magic shots, rode HM, 7D, saw the first parade, got some candy, and my friend rode Space Mountain. We’re now waiting to see the fireworks.

Weather wise I’m it’s been great! There’s a nice breeze, it’s around 78 degrees.

From here we’re grabbing something to eat and a few snacks.

This party is pretty ‘dead’, pun intended! We did all magic shots, rode HM, 7D, saw the first parade, got some candy, and my friend rode Space Mountain. We’re now waiting to see the fireworks.

Weather wise I’m it’s been great! There’s a nice breeze, it’s around 78 degrees.

From here we’re grabbing something to eat and a few snacks.

Bing! You landed an awesome party then! Get your stuff done! Woot!!

What time did you get Hei Hei? He's still part of anytime MS available in MK. The frame location is new to me too! Love both! Thanks for posting! I was hoping the Dancing Skeleton backdrop would return did you happen to see it?

I asked about the dancing skeleton backdrop in August and was told they weren’t doing this year because of some issue with the setup :confused3

My plan to be one one the last ones out of the Magic Kingdom was successfully accomplished!
CF432CD3-07DE-49A1-B985-E35E1F18EA25.jpeg

This was probably the least crowded party I’ve ever been to! Everything runned smoothly and we not only met everyone we wanted but saw two Hocus Pocus! Amazing night! I’m out to a few hours of sleep before my Avatar FP!

My plan to be one one the last ones out of the Magic Kingdom was successfully accomplished!
View attachment 355180

This was probably the least crowded party I’ve ever been to! Everything runned smoothly and we not only met everyone we wanted but saw two Hocus Pocus! Amazing night! I’m out to a few hours of sleep before my Avatar FP!
That's an awesome picture! What time did you get it taken at? What were all of the characters that you met?

View attachment 355180

AWESOME! Other then the two HP shows, did you stay true to your itinerary?

Sleepy Hollow Event

Just wanted to pass along info regarding the Sleepy Hollow Event that @dachsie attended on Friday, Sept. 28th

"I did this for the 8pm show - not the dessert party. But I got a lunch cooler with a pin, lanyard, candy and cup. They had water and popcorn but I didn't get any popcorn. It was in large sealed bags and I didn't need a whole bag of popcorn to myself. lol"

upload_2018-10-1_3-32-6.png

2018 Report: Post #3327

2017 Review & photos can be seen here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989882"]Post #12[/URL]

Has anyone done the Van Tassel Desert Party? Photos would be awesome too. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
So did anyone at the last party confirm which pins were sold out? Really interested in getting at least one for my party tomorrow night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter