"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Wow this is dumb. So far it looks like I won’t be getting the stitch pin, might not get the apple stein, and might not get a Halloween refillable mug. It’s not even October yet

I do know last year Disney released more items in October including a Halloween MagicBand & pins. Here's more offerings for October only parties!

upload_2018-9-29_21-39-34.png

Link: https://disneypinsblog.com/disney-parks-october-2018-pin-preview/

Items will sell out @Cluelyss , me and others have stated as much since this thread started. It's a drag and very disappointing but it's been going on for several years.

Last edited:
We were there today. They still have the boxed and framed pin sets (both pricey) Hocus Pocus and Stitch are both sold out.

Just confirming for everyone, these are the two pins that are Sold Out. Does anyone know what else has sold out park wide that have not been mentioned?

Stitch / Hocus Pocus

upload_2018-9-29_23-8-17.png

Disney has been putting out Park exclusive pops (funko)

The doom buggie was released last Saturday and not only sold out the first day, it didn’t last 2 hours. Friday they released a bunch of merch and allowed pass holders into the park at 7am. It was mostly sold out before the park opened for everyone else.

For the most part I ignore everything because I have no desire to encourage people to buy it all and sell it on eBay.

Hey Disney if the pops were larger editions I’d be collecting them (all) but with the way it is I won’t be buying any.

If they’re gonna keep doing this they need larger editions of things.

Quick update from the 9/28 party:

Disney released the wrong party map! So people were waiting at castle for the 7:49pm Hocus Pocus!

I met Mickey right at 7:05pm, took some magic shots, including the one with the HHM when we’re leaving for California Grill (which we didnt come back from, as I’m having a great deal of trouble with my legs and the heat)
C50C75DA-5F22-403B-8514-9F2E7956E3E3.jpeg D830D02F-B4F7-466A-BB30-067109898BB2.jpeg B0D45100-13EE-454F-9FE8-8918A388B6D3.jpeg 513404C2-6523-485F-9920-DAD0714066AC.jpeg 9C97419F-F32F-4401-AE33-3403F60A8CFD.jpeg B63BD151-7CD6-4F09-A700-ABE8C7D061A3.jpeg 64E24883-C653-47D0-B510-429B3477AA75.jpeg

Today it’s a brand new day and I bought a water and caffeine spray for my leg to help with the swelling, I’m heading down to MK around two and getting in line to meet Jack!

Hey Disney if the pops were larger editions I’d be collecting them (all) but with the way it is I won’t be buying any.
I think the only one that I've ever seen in the parks LONG after it's release and still in a decent quantity was Figment (I'd seen him at the Gallery in Epcot on April 2018) despite waiting 90+ minutes back in October 2017 only for him to be sold out at the location I'd been waiting (Image Works was putting a limit of 10 on him cause they kept saying he was open edition while Mouse Gear where my mom got them was only limiting them to 2....)

okay just a rant back to Halloween Party talk so I can live vicariously through you

I went to the party on 9/25. We were let in at 3:45. The rides had very little waits or were walkons all night. Peter pan was 20 min, space was 15 and SDMT was 30. Other than that, all were basically walkons. I have previously been to 2 sold out parties over the years. This party on the 25th was not sold out but there were so many more people just walking around, so I do believe more tickets are being sold. However, ride times didn't seem to be affected at all, even with more people there.

Tuesday parties always seem a better day to go on. I have now been to a Friday, Thursday, and Tuesday party and I would choose Tuesday any day.

Hi!
We were at the Halloween party this past Tuesday and had a great time. We lined up around 350 to get into the parks. Rode a couple rides and ate at caseys before the party started. Then we lined up to meet stitch around 6. We finished with him by 650. Then we went to meet Lotso and were done with him by 720.
We then spent time trick or treating and riding rides with little to no wait. We rode pirates with a little wait but I didn’t think it was worth it.
We decided we would watch the second parade from Frontierland. While waiting for the parade we noticed only two people in line for the gravediggers. I took my son to see them while my husband stayed in our spot. They were by far my favorite meet and greet of the trip.. very fun to interact with. Frontierland wasn’t crowded at all for the parade. When the parade was over we decided to leave but ended up at main street right before the parade was about to start there so we watched it again and then left.
This was our 4th Halloween party and our first one that wasn’t sold out. We had a great time but it was very hot. Typically we go the night before Halloween when it’s a little cooler.

Tuesday parties always seem a better day to go on. I have now been to a Friday, Thursday, and Tuesday party and I would choose Tuesday any day.

We attended both Sunday 9/16 and Tuesday 9/18. The 9/18 party was a good 1/3 more crowded than the Sunday party. I have a friend who attended the same - coincidentally, I didn’t know until after the parties - who agreed with me. I have wondered if the data collected at easywdw that shows Sundays as the least crowded regular MK day of the week carries over to MNSSHP.

I’m at the the party and there’s no one in line but me and two others! A photopass photographer did say his line took a drop the last few parties because of the heat.

Quick update from the 9/28 party:

Disney released the wrong party map! So people were waiting at castle for the 7:49pm Hocus Pocus!

I met Mickey right at 7:05pm, took some magic shots, including the one with the HHM when we’re leaving for California Grill (which we didnt come back from, as I’m having a great deal of trouble with my legs and the heat)
View attachment 354909 View attachment 354910 View attachment 354911 View attachment 354912 View attachment 354915 View attachment 354914 View attachment 354913

Today it’s a brand new day and I bought a water and caffeine spray for my leg to help with the swelling, I’m heading down to MK around two and getting in line to meet Jack!

OMG! You are so beautiful! Love the pics and I hope all goes well!

Hi!
We were at the Halloween party this past Tuesday and had a great time. We lined up around 350 to get into the parks. Rode a couple rides and ate at caseys before the party started. Then we lined up to meet stitch around 6. We finished with him by 650. Then we went to meet Lotso and were done with him by 720.

Were the lines long for Stitch when you arrived at 6pm? Thank you!

What time did you get Hei Hei? He's still part of anytime MS available in MK. The frame location is new to me too! Love both! Thanks for posting! I was hoping the Dancing Skeleton backdrop would return did you happen to see it?
My photos are time stamped 11:20.

Unfortunately I never made it into Fantasyland, but others have reported there’s nothing there this year :(

What was the crowd level?
It didn’t seem too bad to me. Parts of the park were crowded in weird places - like Liberty Square was crazy but Main Street was okay. And the TOT lines were nuts! Over by Pirates there was a CM with a “line starts here” sign most of the night. And that line in particular did NOT move fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter