• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I've seen a lot of posts mention how good the view of HalloWishes is from Frontierland, but it seems that most people choose that spot because they want to make it to a ride or character while the wait is still low. So if making it to a ride or character isn't a factor, is it still best to watch the fireworks in front of the castle?

The fireworks go off over the water near the Haunted Mansion, not over the castle. I thought the view of the fireworks was wonderful from Frontierland next to the water. There was nobody near me next to the water at the first MNSSHP. I've never watched from in front of the castle. I don't know if they show stuff on the castle. Even if they did show stuff on the castle, I personally wouldn't want to be in the crowded area in front of the castle when you get a better view of the fireworks in an uncrowded area in Frontierland.

For those attending the party and planning on bringing candy home in a carry on, you better put it in gallon zip bag because they will remove it and place it in a separate bin to have it checked. It just happened to me and many others around. They are asking all food to be checked

They asked the same thing when we went through. I had mine in a gallon bag, and they actually opened the bag and dumped it all in a bin. :confused3

I had Precheck the day after the first MNSSHP. We were not supposed to remove food items from our bags. I had my candy in two ziploc quart bags just in case. (I gave the rest of it away before I left for the airport.)

Any updates on Cruella from last night? I heard at the first party, she wandered for a while and then became stationary. Same for last night? She is one of the characters we are interested in seeing when we go.

Very excited to be attending the party on October 2nd for my birthday trip! As always, I'll be going with my brother. He's dressing up as Pooh (the dude's got a good sense of humor), and I will be Hoth/Ep V Leia. I found the vest on Her Universe, and of all things I'll be wearing jogger style white scrub pants, with a breathable white long sleeve shirt underneath. Still looking for comfy grey combat boots. I have a few in mind. Who else will be there Oct 2? Maybe we can meet up!

We will be there straight out of Gravity Falls on Oct. 2!

Attachments

• 1535213713712.jpg
    1535213713712.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 65

We will be there straight out of Gravity Falls on Oct. 2!

Yes Gravity Falls!

I have a Gravity Falls tshirt, it has a big 'Gravity Falls' and then says something about it being a very weird place. One day a guy commented on my shirt and was like most cities nowadays think they are weird places, they're not all that weird. And I just kind of looked at him and didn't know how to respond.

Can anyone comment on the crowd level for the 12 AM Hocus Pocus show? I’m trying to find out if it’s feasible to squeeze in a ride at HM or POTC between the end of the second parade and that show. Thanks.

As I have mentioned in the Oversold thread... We watched the 2nd parade from Frontier Land, at the end of it we went through Adventure Land to the Castle stage, the parade was just ending up through the hub and we got about 10 rows back center for the show at about 20 till...
Our view:
full

It filled in behind us quickly back through the hub as people came over after parade, but wasn't packed shoulder to shoulder.

So if you don't mind being further back then you could maybe get a ride in those 20 minutes. If you want a good show view better head right over.

I'm thinking about going to the 9-7 party. What is last possible time to buy advance tickets? Is it anytime on Thursday 9-6?

For those attending the party and planning on bringing candy home in a carry on, you better put it in gallon zip bag because they will remove it and place it in a separate bin to have it checked. It just happened to me and many others around. They are asking all food to be checked
They won't remove the candy from a CHECKED bag/luggage, right?

With all the talk about large crowd sizes, could the reason be the earlier party dates this year and the fact that school hasn't started in many places? Our school district is just starting school this coming Monday. Maybe crowds will level off a little during the September party dates. Hopefully, because we're going on the 23rd.:cool1:

Also, any info on Mickey's meet and greet line?

I've seen a lot of posts mention how good the view of HalloWishes is from Frontierland, but it seems that most people choose that spot because they want to make it to a ride or character while the wait is still low. So if making it to a ride or character isn't a factor, is it still best to watch the fireworks in front of the castle?

In my humble opinion, I prefer being in the Hub for fireworks shows such as MNSSHP and MVMCP. There are certain segments of the show with the "180 degree" fireworks and one of your best vantage points is in the Hub where you can see the entirety of the display all around you. I didn't know anything about the show/the 180 degree fireworks when we went to our first party in 2014 and my jaw literally dropped at the end when they were all going off. It's an impressive site.

While there are not material projections on the castle (mostly just lighting changes)....I prefer the "framing" of the view from the Hub as you can take in the entirety of the show - the fireworks shot off in the traditional launch point behind the park, those shot off on/around the castle, and the 180 degree launches. It's the whole package for me.

That being said, if you're not necessarily a fireworks person and have other things to do, there are plenty of other parts of the park that are options as well that provide a quality experience.

11:30 - I watched on ResortTV1

Yeah I don't like watching a parade from that area. We caught the UPACP there a couple of years ago and I have to say I'll never do that again. I much prefer viewing it on Main Street. No comparison IMO. We went to the Halloween Party on 10/26 of last year and it was pretty, pardon the pun, dead. It was great though as we had an excellent view of the fireworks in a practically empty hub and the parade on Main Street.

Last edited:
I’m interested to know if anyone has tested the touring plans party itinerary for small children? If so, would u use it again and what would u do different next time??

Anyone done the parade view that has garden view booked? We originally had terrace view but cancelled when they changed the parade viewing but called them and they said we could get parade view even with garden view booked. How early will they let us in for desserts for garden view if we have parade booked? Not possible to do the first parade and be able to get desserts prior to fireworks and my in laws won't want to do the 2nd parade and will probably head back to the resort after the fireworks. I'm hoping they will let us eat desserts around 7:30, then make our way to parade view location, then have time to make our way to the garden plaza. My in-laws aren't disabled enough to need scooters, but are very very slow at walking. So I'm hoping we can make it to the garden plaza in time for the fireworks :(

I understand Moana comes out early (5:45pm?). Do they check wristbands or can anyone get in line? We are doing a party, but would consider seeing her on another MK day (when we are not staying for the party) if they don't check wristbands.

Not trying to game the system, just figuring out our daily plans!

I understand Moana comes out early (5:45pm?). Do they check wristbands or can anyone get in line? We are doing a party, but would consider seeing her on another MK day (when we are not staying for the party) if they don't check wristbands.

Not trying to game the system, just figuring out our daily plans!

You will need a wristband to meet her.

CM’s do check those in line for wristbands and even if you were to get to the front of the line unnoticed, you would be stopped at that point.

Anyone done the parade view that has garden view booked? We originally had terrace view but cancelled when they changed the parade viewing but called them and they said we could get parade view even with garden view booked. How early will they let us in for desserts for garden view if we have parade booked? Not possible to do the first parade and be able to get desserts prior to fireworks and my in laws won't want to do the 2nd parade and will probably head back to the resort after the fireworks. I'm hoping they will let us eat desserts around 7:30, then make our way to parade view location, then have time to make our way to the garden plaza. My in-laws aren't disabled enough to need scooters, but are very very slow at walking. So I'm hoping we can make it to the garden plaza in time for the fireworks :(

We did the dessert party last night. They let the garden viewing guests into the dessert buffet area at 8:30 pm. They let the terrace guests in to their dessert area at 8:45 pm (there was a delay on the terrace and a lot of confusion.). We were on the terrace. My DS and I had our desserts and headed to the parade area at 9:15 pm. All the spots looking directly down Main St. were taken, but we had the entire sidewalk facing Tony’s to ourselves. We then followed CM’s through the bypass back to the terrace.

If this helps with timing at all, the parade reached the flagpole at 9:35 pm. We were right behind the CM heading back to the terrace and we were seated back on the terrace at 9:57 pm. You should have about 20 minutes to walk from the flagpole to the garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter