• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What about Thursday September 6? Park closes at 6 PM. Is there a party that night?

Speculation # 1:
As I mentioned above, I am not familiar with ATD Travel Services Limited (GB). It has been suggested that there might be Halloween parties for which they do not have tickets.
Edit: Apparently this is correct, because I just discovered that Florida Tix is selling Halloween Party tickets for a night in October that ATD is not selling tickets.

Speculation # 2:
If the Disney calendar shows that the Magic Kingdom is closing at 6:00 pm, it might not be a Halloween party night; maybe they decided to move Night of Joy back to the Magic Kingdom. My understanding, however, is that Night of Joy is normally held on a Friday and Saturday in September, and you were asking about a Thursday.

Speculation # 3:
If the Disney calendar shows that the Magic Kingdom is closing at 6:00 pm, it could be that a group is having a private event there.

Last edited:
Now Florida Tix is selling tickets. Wth?

I updated my post # 616 above to add info about Florida Tix selling tickets. They are selling for one day that ATD is not.

Edit: In case you don't know, the post number is in the bottom right of the post, next to +Quote Reply

Last edited:

It's really annoying that people can buy tickets when Disney hasn't released ANY real info yet. I'm not sure how this is fair, but I bet it contributes to how packed people say the parties are now.

@Best Aunt thank you for taking the time to put all of that info together!

ATD and Floridatix are reputable companies who I’ve had personal dealings with so the tickets are absolutely legitimate. It annoys me as an annual pass holder and DVC Member that we were not given the chance to buy first, it also annoys me that attraction tickets direct released the tickets early ‘by mistake’ and had to be told by Disney to withdraw them until today.
On another note, someone on the Facebook group I run has just posted that she called Disney direct and was able to purchase her Halloween tickets directly from them so maybe we now need to start calling?

Last edited:
I have seen reviews that say you lose a lot of party time doing dessert party.
This was definitely true when the party included reserved viewing for the parade as well. Now that it is just for the fireworks, I feel you’ll spend just as much time holding a spot as she would eating desserts. So really just depends on whether or not you want to pay for a spot IMO. For me, it is definitely worth it not to have to fight the crowds during the fireworks, which is of my favorite things about the party personally. Even on non-sold out party nights, the hub is crazy.

How are people in uk already buying tickets if Disney hasn't even announced dates yet? Also, AP and DVC get a week head start on party tickets I'm pretty sure, and we haven't been able to purchase tickets yet. Am I missing something?
No advance purchase options for AP or DVC, at least not in recent years. Just discounted prices on certain nights.

My understanding is that this is a UK version of UT, so definitely a legit reseller. I’m not sure they meant to release tickets to the public last week, but now that multiple sites are selling them, I expect Disney to make an official announcement on dates very soon.

It's really annoying that people can buy tickets when Disney hasn't released ANY real info yet. I'm not sure how this is fair, but I bet it contributes to how packed people say the parties are now.

@Best Aunt thank you for taking the time to put all of that info together!
I’m not sure the sale of party tickets on a resale site has anything to do with the overcrowding. There are still only a limited number of tickets sold for each event. I think the overcrowding has more to do with Disney‘s ability (or lack theteof!) to clear the park of non-party guests than anything else. I attended both a sold out Halloween party and a sold out Christmas party last year, and having that extra hour to clear the park made a huge difference IMO. The sold out Christmas party didn’t feel anywhere near as crowded as the sold out Halloween party, so I’m glad they are continuing the 6 o’clock close during MNSSHP. It definitely helped.

You’ve had a lot of replies/opinions above, but I’ll throw in my two cents (probably not worth much!). This is a copy/paste from a seperate thread where someone recently asked this same question. Note, we did the Plaza Garden version, not the Tomorrowland Terrace version.

So dessert party on a MNSSHP night....My opinion, it wasn’t worth it. (ETA: And I’m a total HEA dessert party fan).

For one, we didn’t really want/need any of the desserts when there is abundant ‘free’ candy all over the park.

Secondly, it takes up too much valuable party time.

Thirdly, I don’t really think the reserved viewing is a ‘must have’ for a typical party night. It’s easy enough to find a good enough spot in the hub (generally speaking). The hub is still crowded, of course, but it’s not crazy HEA crowded (in my humble opinion).

The only benefit for the dessert party on our night was that it rained heavily on/off all night and the parade and fireworks were delayed. Having the Tomorrowland Terrace area to ride out the storm/delays was helpful. But obviously that was a unique situation.

All-in-all, I think it can work for some party touring styles, but it wasn’t really ‘worth it’ for how we like to enjoy MNSSHP.

Sounds like you’ve made up your mind to do it (which I totally get BTW) so I’m probably not helpful, but I hope you enjoy it none-the-less! :-)

I’m very open to anyone’s 2 cents, so I really appreciate your reply. I genuinely haven’t decided yet, as everything you said is what I was concerned about: if we do it, it will mainly be for the fireworks viewing, and it sounds like it may not be as hard to get a good fireworks view as it is during HEA. I appreciate you weighing in with your experience, and will continue to ponder!

Multiple uk guests having success calling up, asking to be put through to special tickets and buying party tickets

YOU CAN BUY TICKETS NOW!!!!!!

I am posting this at 8:25 am Eastern time on Monday 03/19/18. I am in the U.S., not the U.K.

Based on what somebody posted above, I just called 407-W-DISNEY.

The cast member on the phone said they started selling Halloween Party tickets at 7:00 am today.

The cast member on the phone told me the following:

Your party ticket allowed you to enter the Magic Kingdom as early as 4:00 pm.

The party runs from 7:00 pm to midnight.

There will be no Fastpasses during the party.

I only asked about August dates and prices.
The August dates, per the cast member I spoke to about buying a ticket, are:
August 17, 24, 28 and 31.
Regular price, including tax: $84.14 ages 10 and up, $78.81 ages 3-9.
If you have DVC or AP: $78.81 ages 10 and up, $73.49 ages 3-9.
Prices for later dates are likely to be different.

If somebody wants to call to ask about September or October, go ahead. (I think I've been procrastinating enough this morning.)

It almost seems to me like Disney tried to let UK people buy early to try and get more of them to book vacations. But it’s really unfair. They should be released to all, worldwide, at the same time and with advance notice, ESPECIALLY because there are only so many tickets to go around.

Just bought tickets calling 407-W-DISNEY. Got my tickets for 9/7!

Just purchased our tickets for Halloween night - confirmed with CM that this was the last party, so sadly no resort character hunting for me this year :(

Price was $133.13 (a) and $127.80 (c), no AP or DVC discount available.

It almost seems to me like Disney tried to let UK people buy early to try and get more of them to book vacations. But it’s really unfair. They should be released to all, worldwide, at the same time and with advance notice, ESPECIALLY because there are only so many tickets to go around.
Most uk guests book more than a year ahead so i doubt this is the reasoning. I think the uk ticket companies are just pushing their luck releasing early

Dates are out to cast members and you can book if you call starting this morning. I just booked our tickets for September for MNSSHP 2018 !!!!

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018 (MNSSHP)

Welcome to the "Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Thread, where you will get THE most updated information for all of your Halloween needs! Most of this information is from last year's party. However, I will update the thread as new information is released.

DSC_1268.jpg

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Frequently Asked Questions
:maleficenWhat are the dates for the 2018 MNSSHP?
August 2018 Dates
September 2018 Dates
October 2018 Dates

CM Discounted Parties

Sold Out Dates

Official Guest List (2018):

For those wanting to attend MNSSHP & MVMCP
MVMCP 2018 Dates
November

December

:maleficenWhen do MNSSHP Tickets go on sale?
Please note that MNSSHP is a "hard-ticket" event. A "hard-ticket" event means you must buy a separate ticket for admission to the party, you cannot use a day of your regular Magic Your Way ticket to attend MNSSHP.

:maleficenHow much do tickets cost?
Ticket prices vary depending on the date of the party.

2018 Prices
:maleficenWhere can I buy the tickets? When should I buy tickets?
  • Tickets can be ordered by calling 407-W-DISNEY or purchase online,https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/. Once you purchase tickets, they will be linked to your My Disney Experience account (MDE).
  • Definitely in advance of the party, especially if you plan to attend on Halloween night, or if there is a specific day you prefer to go. There were not many sold out parties in 2016 or 2017. More parties sold out in advance in 2015 than ever before. Of the 26 parties in 2014, 11 sold out in advance (guest list thread on the Disboards). The first party to sell out in 2016 was Halloween night (October 31) and that party sold out on September 16.

:maleficenWhat time does MNSSHP start? What time can I enter the park?
MNSSHP officially starts at 7pm, possibly 6pm this year. Guests may enter Magic Kingdom using their party tickets starting at 4pm. This practice is not officially advertised by Disney, but it has been exercised for many years and Cast Members will readily confirm this information. None of the party-specific M&Gs or trick-or-treating will begin until 7pm, with a few M&G exceptions.
:maleficenDo I need a wristband? What if I want to stay without one?
  • Yes, a wristband is included in the cost of admission. All ticket holders for this event will be required to wear a wristband. You may pick-up your wristband and map of the party at designated locations in the MK.
  • Once the party begins at 7pm, Cast Members begin looking for those who do not have wristbands to exit the park.
  • MNSSHP Ticket Holders have purchased tickets with "their money" for the party; if you do not have a ticket/wristband make your way to exit the gates by 7pm.
  • As discussed on another thread, there are different color wristbands, so NO Double Dipping to attend another party.
  • Oh, my! I'm already in the park. Do I have to exit and re-enter for MNSSHP? No, there are checkpoints within the park to check-in and receive wristbands for MNSSHP!
Locations (Will Update for 2018)
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
Mickey's PhilharMagic (Fantasyland)
Buzz Lightyear (Tomorrowland)

:maleficenAre FP+ Reservations available during the party?
  • No, there are no FP+ reservations in the park after the 7 p.m. start of the party. You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins. The good news is that most attraction lines will be short enough during the party that you won’t miss FP+ reservations much.
  • When Can I Make FP+ Reservations?
*Staying at a Disney World Resort: 60D in Advance
Please note, if you only purchased MNSSHP tickets, your FP+ reservation is still based on resort check-in day.
*Staying at a Non-Disney Resort: 30D in Advance

FastPass+ FAQs
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fp-faq-addendum.3538258/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/ (Thread name changed toSDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 6th of June!, as of May 2017.) ---It has been determined it violates Disney's Terms of Service for MDE.

FP+ Canceled/Not Canceled Thread for 2017: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...from-4pm-6-30pm-with-a-mnsshp-ticket.3622575/
:maleficenDo you have a map of the party? (Will Update When Released)
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Map gives you an idea of special foods available, as well as show times for the major entertainment.
:maleficenWhat "tricks-or-treats" are offered?

:maleficenWhere can I Trick-or-Treat" in the Magic Kingdom?

2017 Locations (Will Update for 2018 When Released)

Adventureland

Jungle Cruise
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean

Liberty Square
Heritage House (Allergy Friendly ONLY)
Liberty Square Riverboat (Lower Landing)

Fantasyland
Pinocchio Village Haus
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Pete's Silly Sideshow

Storybook Circus
Pete's Silly Slideshow

Tomorrowland
At the main doors to Stitch's Great Escape!
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
The Entrance to Space Mountain
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Bay 1

:maleficenWhat characters can I meet at MNSSHP?

2017 Characters (Will Update for 2018 When Released)

Main Street, U.S.A.
Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater

Adventureland
Aladdin with Abu, Princess Jasmine, Jafar, Genie
Tarzan, Jane and Terk
Captain Jack Sparrow
Moana

Liberty Square
Jack Skellington and Sally (Gazebo)

Fantasyland
Belle and Gaston (Gaston's Tavern)
Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum and the Queen of Hearts
Ariel & Prince Eric
Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet
Cinderella & Princess Elena, Rapunzel and Tiana (Princess Fairytale Hall)
Anastasia and Drizella

Storybook Circus
The Seven Dwarfs
Donald, Daisy and Minnie Mouse
Pirate Goofy
Cruella De Vil

Tomorrowland
Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear

:maleficenHow long are the Character Meet & Greet lines?

It depends. There are a few of the popular characters that will have lines that begin long before the party starts. If you want to see the 7 Dwarfs or Captain Jack Sparrow you will want to line up around 5:00pm. The other M&G wait times will range from 30-45 minutes. FYI: Most M&G lines reported as being longer this year; Jack Skellington and Sally reported as meeting at 5pm (line up at 4pm) - 2016. M&G lines appear to be even longer this year, especially the new Moana M&G - 2017.

2017: Jack & Sally reported as meeting at 5pm, Moana @ 5:45pm and the 7D at 6:15pm.

:maleficenCan I purchase Memory Maker for MNSSHP ONLY?
  • Yes, Disney PhotoPass now offers Memory Maker (MM) One Day (Disney PhotoPass Website Updated on 3/25/16).
The Memory Maker Window begins at 6am EST on the day you use the 1D theme park admission with which MM is bundled at purchase or if MM was purchased separately, the date the photo selected on the MDE app, or of applicable, on MyDisneyPhotoPass.com when purchasing MM or when linking a previously purchased MM code to your Disney account and ends at 5:59am EST on the following day. (i.e. The 1D Memory Maker can be purchased in the app, after you have a photo loaded into your account, click on the photo, and you will get the option to purchase either the 30-day MM for $169, or the 1-day MM for $59).

PhotoPass photographers will take Magic Shots during the party where you will pose and when you see the photos afterward, you'll see something magically inserted into the photo.

Magic Shots (Will Update for 2018 When Released)

Magic Shots this year include the Headless Horseman (Main Entrance of Magic Kingdom), Haunted Mansion Animation (Town Square looking down Main Street), A Grim Grinning Ghost/Ghost Coach Driver (Hearse in front of Haunted Mansion), a Pumpkin Patch (Town Square), Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts (Main Street, U.S.A.), Dancing Skeleton Specialty (Outside of Ariel’s Grotto in New Fantasyland, after dark), the Apple (Around the Park), & the Scary Pumpkin.

Previously, the Spooks for a Ghoulish Delight (Main Street, U.S.A.), the Mansion Ghost (Haunted Mansion) & Hitchhiking Ghosts (In Front of the Rocking Chairs Next to The Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square).
Will they be available this year?

:maleficenAre the attractions open during MNSSHP?
Yes, and the lines for most attractions (except Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) will have much shorter wait times than a regular park day. Please note that typically the Jungle Cruise is closed for MNSSHP.

List of Open Attractions (Will Update for 2018 When Released)

Main Street, U.S.A.
Town Square Theater
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Adventureland
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Pirates of the Caribbean
Swiss Family Treehouse
A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas

Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree

Liberty Square
Haunted Mansion

Fantasyland
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
“It’s a Small World”
Peter Pan’s Flight
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Princess Fairytale Hall

Storybook Circus
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Barnstormer

Tomorrowland
Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

Please note: All attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice.
:maleficenWhat are the times for Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade?

:maleficenWhat time is Happy HalloWishes (Fireworks)?

:maleficenAre there any Dining Options?

Dining is available at select counter service and snack locations throughout the park, but is very limited once the party begins. It’s probably wise to eat your main evening meal prior to attending the party.

Counter Service Dining Locations Open During Party:

Halloween-themed specialty treats are available at the following locations:
These treats will only be available within the Magic Kingdom during MNSSHP (2018).
:maleficenShould I attend?
  • Is MNSSHP worth it? IMO it is most definitely worth the price at least once. I thoroughly enjoyed MVMCP, so I expect to enjoy MNSSHP. We thoroughly enjoyed attending our 1st MNSSHP (2016), we attended 2 parties (10/30 & 10/31). It’s definitely worth it if your budget allows.
  • There’s plenty of special entertainment, special decorations and lighting, and lots of unique character meet and greets.
  • If you decide to attend MNSSHP, make sure to purchase your tickets in advance, and use any available discounts (i.e. DVC, AP, etc,).
  • Tickets are more expensive on the day of the party, and several nights each year sell out completely.
:maleficenParty Crowds
MNSSHP is a special ticket event with a limited amount of tickets sold. It has been discussed that more tickets are being sold as of late. However, due to Party Entertainment, crowds tend to be more concentrated around the events, especially the parade and fireworks. Also, parties are typically busier the closer to Halloween and on Halloween night. If you can attend one in early to mid-September you will find it less crowded than one in late October. Day of the week tends to matter as well, with Monday through Thursday evenings being less busy than the weekend events.
:maleficenTransportation
The Walt Disney World Transportation, including the boat launches, bus and monorail stations, all continue to run during and after Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
:maleficenWeather
Please note that the party will go on regardless of weather, so even if it's pouring down raining, it will take place. Please note 2016 & 2017 did have weather closers (See 2016 & 2017 Official MNSSHP Threads).
  • Due to Florida weather, ensure that your costume/party attire is cool enough to wear in the heat and humidity and something that can easily be covered in a poncho.
  • Average high temperature: 84°F
  • Average low temperature: 66°F
  • Mean temperature: 75°F
  • Record high temperature: 95°F (1958)
  • Record low temperature: 38°F (2008)
  • Average Precipitation: 2.52 in.

It's a Halloween Party! Do people dress up?
YES! Yes! and Yes! Dressing up may be the most fun part of MNSSHP for both children and adults. Adults and children could wear a fun Halloween shirt, or become part of the new disneybounding trend (wear regular clothes that invoke a specific character based on your style and budget.)

MNSSHP Dining FAQ

:maleficenCan I make ADRs in the Magic Kingdom WITHOUT a party ticket?

Yes, you can make your reservations up until 6pm. Please note you will be asked to leave the property as soon as your dining experience is complete. If you have not purchased a MNSSHP ticket, you can purchase a same day ticket IF the party has not sold out.

2017 (Will Update When 2018 Details Released)

At Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, 3 of the most popular table-service restaurants in Magic Kingdom park will be open.
Be Our Guest
Cinderella's Royal Table
The Crystal Palace

Dining reservations are available from 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM.
  • Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets are required to book dinner or dessert party reservations. No exceptions will be made.
  • Valid tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party are required to make reservations and are not included in the price of dining or dessert party packages.
  • Advance reservations are strongly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to arrival.
  • Reservations will not be available through each restaurant’s dining page for the duration of the event.
  • Restaurant menus will remain the same during the event.
  • Crystal Palace Character Dining will remain the same—Character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
  • Disney Dining Plans will be accepted at all 3 participating restaurants.
  • Call (407) 939-3463 to purchase party tickets and make dining/dessert party reservations or book online @https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/

:maleficenShould I eat in a Disney Restaurant while the party is going on? Will I miss something?
  • This is subjective, and you will see conflicting opinions posted on various threads. Remember - you can enter the park at 4pm if you have purchased a MNSSHP ticket. If you want to you can make an ADR starting from 4pm and on. Most agree that you should eat either before, or during the 4-7pm time periods so you DO NOT waste time/miss the Halloween Festivities.
  • If you choose to make a ADR during during MNSSHP, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/.

:maleficenIs there a Premium Dining Package and/or Dessert Party?

MNSSHP Entertainment
Trick-or-Treat Fun
Guests are given Trick-or-Treat Bags upon entry into the party. Trick-or-Treat Bags can be used at the candy stations found throughout the Magic Kingdom. Locations are indicated on the map.

Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade
See your favorite characters dressed up in their Halloween costumes, beloved Disney Characters and Disney Villains!
See the Headless Horseman!
Headless Horseman Times:
These are the Times He steps Out From Frontierland, 10 minutes before the parade start time.
Zootopia Party Patrol (Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps) Pre-Show
Zootopia Party Patrol Times:
Times:

Happy HalloWishes Fireworks
The Haunted Mansion's Ghost Host welcomes guests to the show where the Disney Villains fill the sky with fireworks and remixes of their theme songs. A party in the sky!
Time:

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular (Castle Stage)
The Sanderson Sisters from Disney's film Hocus Pocus, return to the mortal world each Halloween season for 1 night. The sisters take over the Magic Kingdom to throw an evil Halloween Party. The show feature dancers, projections and other special effects.
Times:

Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet
Venture into Frontierland and you just might encounter the ghostly group known as the Cadaver Dans. They really like "axing" Guests questions… and answering with puns as part of their "dead pan" humor! So gather ‘round for the haunting melodies and razor-sharp wit of this barbarous-shop quartet.
Times:

Dance Party
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball - Tomorrowland's Rockettower Plaza
Dare to scare this Halloween as you kick up your feet with Mike, Sulley and other favorite friends from Monstropolis. Featuring the stars from the Disney·Pixar films Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University.
Time:

Character Meet & Greets (See Above)

Exclusive Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom Card

Exclusive
Merchandise

Dates are available to cast members starting this morning for MNSSHP. If you call you can book tickets, We just booked ours for September 2018!!!!

I’m in the UK and the Disney site won’t let me buy tickets. How annoying! Can anyone link me to the full list of dates please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter