"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl2:I don't know why but that just makes me laugh - if it happens on DAH it would be like one guy screaming...but seriously you're bringing my Peoplemover dreams down. o_O j/k - that is a bummer during a party! Very valuable time! Hoping none of us encounter a ride stoppage!

My favorite ride stoppage was one time on HM at the top of the ballroom scene! It was great to be able to take a longer look, but not hoping to repeat that experience at DAH!
I got a FP for haunted mansion before dah starts so we probably won’t ride it during dah.

They want to ride it again this time ! And for those with little ones worried about them losing steam and being too tired , I can tell you my girls did great and we saw plenty of little ones running around :) mine were 10 and 8 and I think I’ve mentioned before we drove 7 hours straight from
Suwanee ga swam all afternoon at the poly and stayed til the end (11:00) my younger one is my wild card so my husband was on standby at the hotel (he’s not feeling the magic anymore ) but she did great!!!

Oh my gosh - we’re basically neighbors!!! :wave: Are you going this year? I didn’t see your name on the roll call.

How’s september there? I’m not sure it would work out but it might be an option for us.

Otherwise, I might just play it by ear based on when the rides open. I’m very surprised that Saturday’s can be less busy. Not the case at all at DW. I think I’m going to order the unofficial guide book. I did that for DW and loved it. I read all 800 pages and thought it was super helpful.

I think the dry heat will be nice compared to that awful humidity. I’ve never done Disney in the middle of summer so it would be a new experience for us.
September is still pretty hot. By the end of Sept the Halloween decorations will be up, which are pretty awesome, but also will start bringing more crowds (especially on weekends-local APs always like to see new things ASAP).

At least for Disneyland advance planning isn’t super necessary. Most ADRs are still available a few weeks out (well, Blue Bayou may be the exception), and no advance Fastpass requirements.

September is still pretty hot. By the end of Sept the Halloween decorations will be up, which are pretty awesome, but also will start bringing more crowds (especially on weekends-local APs always like to see new things ASAP).

At least for Disneyland advance planning isn’t super necessary. Most ADRs are still available a few weeks out (well, Blue Bayou may be the exception), and no advance Fastpass requirements.
Do you think we should wait until next year and go in the spring?

Do you think we should wait until next year and go in the spring?
I think the best time to go is when it is best for you! There are definitely pros and cons at all times of the year. Late winter and early spring is lower crowds and milder weather, but more refurbishments. Next year will be the lead up to Star Wars opening (current bets are on Memorial Day for DLR, as they are progressing fast on construction), so up to you if you want to deal with those crowds!

Honestly this summer would probably be fine. Refurbs and changes will be done by then and there will be new Pixar things. You never know with the weather here too, I mean Thanksgiving it was 90 degrees, so I wouldn’t necessarily plan around that.

(Sorry for hijacking this thread to talk about DL :duck:)

We’re going 1/30 :) enjoying another snow day tomorrow! We’re Forsyth county .

We’re Gwinnett...and since we homeschool, no snow day for us! (I’m mean that way.) Stay warm and enjoy your day.

For everyone going tomorrow - I’m glad that it’s warming up a bit and I’m wishing for even warmer so that it’s a pleasant evening. pixiedust:

At the moment, 1/30 continues to dominate the DIS DAH count, closely followed by 1/26. I wonder how many folks are waiting on the early reviews before committing? :scratchin

Again, DIS isn't indicative of ANYTHING, this is just more for fun than anything else. :goodvibes

View attachment 296170

Oooh! You know I love a chart! I really enjoy Venn diagrams if maybe you could try to incorporate one into your analysis? :magnify:

I don't know, seems like my 1/26 is closing in! I've noticed a few people have "signed" up for it the last week or so...could be a dark horse.

We’re Gwinnett...and since we homeschool, no snow day for us! (I’m mean that way.) Stay warm and enjoy your day.

For everyone going tomorrow - I’m glad that it’s warming up a bit and I’m wishing for even warmer so that it’s a pleasant evening. pixiedust:

Have any extra room? I will pay you to take my kids today. :rotfl2:

Actually, these snow days are putting my own DAH plans in peril... it's around a "make up day" for our system that I think they are pretty close to having to use. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Have any extra room? I will pay you to take my kids today. :rotfl2:

Actually, these snow days are putting my own DAH plans in peril... it's around a "make up day" for our system that I think they are pretty close to having to use. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

First, I love your chart! :lmao:

As for taking extra kids - I would do it! Several of the school systems and private schools around here have set up cyber programs to help minimize the snow days. The kids/parents go online to get assignments and turn in work. It’s a brilliant solution in my mind. I *really* hope that your DAH plans don’t get derailed with make-up days.

First, I love your chart! :lmao:

As for taking extra kids - I would do it! Several of the school systems and private schools around here have set up cyber programs to help minimize the snow days. The kids/parents go online to get assignments and turn in work. It’s a brilliant solution in my mind. I *really* hope that your DAH plans don’t get derailed with make-up days.

I agree about the snow day solution! My district doesn't have them, but some of the more rural districts around here do (they lose more days to storms due to the reliance on bus transportation), including where my sister used to teach. They called them "blizzard bags" in my sister's former district! I wish we would start doing them - I think the kids get more out of it then tagging on days in June!

I agree about the snow day solution! My district doesn't have them, but some of the more rural districts around here do (they lose more days to storms due to the reliance on bus transportation), including where my sister used to teach. They called them "blizzard bags" in my sister's former district! I wish we would start doing them - I think the kids get more out of it then tagging on days in June!

Especially when kids don’t want to be there, parents have possibly had to reschedule plans, and teachers see their summer break get shortened, etc. Not the best learning environment, I’m sure!

Especially when kids don’t want to be there, parents have possibly had to reschedule plans, and teachers see their summer break get shortened, etc. Not the best learning environment, I’m sure!
We have it’s learning so no make up days ! This is the first year Gwinnett is using online and thank goodness because a couple of years back after the snowpocalypse they tagged 30 minutes to their school days from March to May to make up the days! Talk about a scheduling nightmare !!!

We’re taking three days off from school for this trip but they are still in elementary . but I figure this will change when my older one starts middle school next year.

It’s funny one of the reasons I chose 1/30 Tuesday is because I’ve read less locals will will attend (especially a later event) since they have school/work the next day so there will be less attendees..I guess we’ll see!

Glad to hear you are going again Dave! Your initial review of it (and picture of an empty boat on Pirates) is what convinced me to do the first one in May 2016. We went last year and so this is our third as well. One upcharge Disney event I definitely think is worth the money.

So glad to have convinced you! That first visit was 11p til 2a--kinda rough, frankly. The 8p start next Friday will be much more humane!

(Sorry everyone to be hijacking this thread! :flower3:)

This is the first year Gwinnett is using online and thank goodness because a couple of years back after the snowpocalypse they tagged 30 minutes to their school days from March to May to make up the days! Talk about a scheduling nightmare !!!

I remember that - I felt SO bad those poor middle schoolera who were getting home after 5:00! Glad to hear they have this new system in place for all of Gwinnett!!!

I posted a few weeks ago about my SIL not purchasing her tickets for 01/19. She is at my house this week and tried to purchase her tickets yesterday and they were sold out! I told her that's what happens when you procrastinate for months LOL!!!!

I posted a few weeks ago about my SIL not purchasing her tickets for 01/19. She is at my house this week and tried to purchase her tickets yesterday and they were sold out! I told her that's what happens when you procrastinate for months LOL!!!!

OH NO!!! So sorry for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter