• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer, do yourself a favor and call Disney. It does not matter that you're back at home. They could give you ANY day to return. They are so generous. Call them my friend!

I was at the party as well and I emailed them my concerns on Saturday night. That's ok that I emailed them instead of calling, right?

For the animated shots, do you have to have the memory maker in order to get them? Or do the show up with just regular photo pass?
I had memory maker but I hadn't activated it until September 2. All Magic shots on August 29 and September 1 had shown up on my MDE with watermarks before I activated the memory maker. So you don't need the memory maker to get the shots. Just make sure you scan your photopass or magicband.

I used the chat feature and they told me to bring my tickets to guest services next time I am there. *shrug* Not sure what that means. The person I spoke with asked if I went to guest services while I was there. The line was just too long, so we didn't. He said that you have to visit guest services during inclement weather. I guess the smart decision would have been to go ahead and quit early and see guest services instead of spending the evening soaked through.. Kinda think it will likely be a waste of time to go to guest services as he already told me that I would have had to have gone during the party. Though, then why tell me to go to guest services if he already knows it's pointless? I dunno.. lol

I have a question for anyone who used regular park tickets prior to their party tickets and scheduled normal same-day 4th+ FPs.
I decided to book FPs for my 3 party dates for our upcoming trip. I booked regular days first, then party days, and all worked fine.
However, for 1 of my regular days, I had only scheduled 2 FPs (on purpose), but went to see if something else might be available and it would not let me schedule any more FPs, even though that day still should have 1 available. That got me thinking...

What will happen when I am using a regular park ticket and use up my pre-scheduled FPs? Will it let me book a 4th at all??
I'd like to hear from anyone who used a regular ticket, was able to make or not make a 4th, all prior to using a party ticket.

I have a question for anyone who used regular park tickets prior to their party tickets and scheduled normal same-day 4th+ FPs.
I decided to book FPs for my 3 party dates for our upcoming trip. I booked regular days first, then party days, and all worked fine.
However, for 1 of my regular days, I had only scheduled 2 FPs (on purpose), but went to see if something else might be available and it would not let me schedule any more FPs, even though that day still should have 1 available. That got me thinking...

What will happen when I am using a regular park ticket and use up my pre-scheduled FPs? Will it let me book a 4th at all??
I'd like to hear from anyone who used a regular ticket, was able to make or not make a 4th, all prior to using a party ticket.
There have been so many different scenarios and results with these FPs and the event tix on the MDE that I don't think anyone has an answer. There is a thread specifically for discussing this. Maybe someone has gone through your situation...
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...a-mnsshp-ticket.3622575/page-23#post-58150042

Couple of questions for the group. My husband and I are only going to the parks for MNSSHP and Epcot Food and Wine. Is the memory maker worth it for 2 days of the parks? I am intrigued by the magic shots, but I just don't know that we would be willing to wait in line. Also, I read in a trip report that for the Christmas party, they had Jack out before the party started to try to cut down on the wait time. Does anyone know if they are doing it for the Halloween party? My DH and I are going as Jack and Sally, and I thought it would be cool to meet them, but we don't want to waste party time in lines. Our main goals are to hit the Hocus Pocus show, the parade, and the fireworks.

What about getting just the one day memory maker for your party day and skipping it for F&W? There have been some posts about others looking to share one day MM too so might be even cheaper.

@1GoldenSun - while I say I won't buy the popcorn pumpkin, I really have a feeling once I'm there I wont be able to resist. Great idea to wait until the end of the night. That's not one of those items that they only sell "200" per party is it?

Yeah, I think it can and does sell out, so if you think you'll want it you better get it early. For me, I would've taken my chances rather than carry it around all night. it wouldn't have broken my heart if I'd left the park without it!

Can anyone tell me if the Hallowishes fireworks have the light projections like HEA? Trying to decide which dessert party we want to attend.

You seem upset. Everyone has different ideas of crowds. People were at your particular party and though it was great. Such is life. :)
Not upset at all, that wasn't the intention. We did have a great party. Did everything we wanted, as always. The most important thing is a touring plan.

I used the chat feature and they told me to bring my tickets to guest services next time I am there. *shrug* Not sure what that means. The person I spoke with asked if I went to guest services while I was there. The line was just too long, so we didn't. He said that you have to visit guest services during inclement weather. I guess the smart decision would have been to go ahead and quit early and see guest services instead of spending the evening soaked through.. Kinda think it will likely be a waste of time to go to guest services as he already told me that I would have had to have gone during the party. Though, then why tell me to go to guest services if he already knows it's pointless? I dunno.. lol

Chat is not the way to go to get results. You need to call and request to speak to Guest Services.

I had memory maker but I hadn't activated it until September 2. All Magic shots on August 29 and September 1 had shown up on my MDE with watermarks before I activated the memory maker. So you don't need the memory maker to get the shots. Just make sure you scan your photopass or magicband.
Thank you for the info! Do you just buy the video when you go and purchase whatever pics you want from that night if you dont have the MM? Ive only bought pictures that were printed and sent to me so not sure how it works :)

Does anyone have the link for the dates by predicted crowd size? We are trying to plan ahead incase Irma makes landfall and our party (12th) gets canceled again (happened 2x last year for Matthew). So, thinking of Sept 15. We had planned to be at Universal at that point but we can adjust. And if the 10th gets canceled and the 12th is fine, I'm thinking the 12th will be super busy due to folks switching their tix so we may want to switch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter