"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're using a Park Hopper to enter MK, will we be allowed in with our costumes on around 3:15-3:30 or do we have to go without costumes at that time? Also, there will be plenty of people around riding the buses in costume, right? I've spent hours on these silly things, and now I'm starting to get anxiety about actually wearing them in public (I'm really not a costume type of person generally).

I'm curious about this as well. I'm not too worried with my costume, I'm wearing a green Tinkerbell dress, but, without the wings on it just looks like a green dress. I'm not a costume person either. I might chicken out and never put the wings on and then I'll just be wearing a green dress.. lol

We entered through the regular line with our AP's at 3:30pm on the first party night in costume. I don't think it will be a problem. :)

I'm avoiding it because I understand it uses the word "virgin" on more than one occasion. Not sure I'm ready for that talk yet! :eek:

My son didnt even notice the word and never asked about it. He was maybe 5-6 when he watched it the first time. He saw it several times after but still never asked about it. If he had I probably would have said it was synonymous for young and not yet married- not an out right false hood when you really look at it. Here is the definition from Merriam Webstervirgo definition.PNG

Very excited!! We will be at our first MNSSHP on September 19th! We received our tickets in the mail a few days ago. I was surprised to find that they are the plastic tickets since they are just for the event. Anyway, my question is - do we each sign the back of the tickets now or do we need to do so in person at the gate? Also, does it matter who signs which ticket? ( there are 7 of us) When I placed the order it had me enter everyone's names, which then appeared on my account in the MDE app. But the physical tickets don't have a name on them so I just don't want to screw something up and have us all sign them just to get to the gate and then the signature doesn't match the name in the system. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:

Yes, you should be able to walk down main street if you want. In general, chocolate melts around 95 degrees. TOT doesn't start until 7p. By then, the sun will be low/down and it should be no higher than low 80s, hopefully cooler. But yes, TOT later in the evening works better for this. When we went a few years ago, we had no problems with melted candy.
Does the bypass hand out the individual candy bags at 4PM or do we need to come back at 7?

I was so concerned about this that I called Disney and asked, they told me that the Premium Package that I booked included the parade viewing and that I would be on ground....I'm so confused and worried. I guess I'll just have to wait and talk to someone there when I get my ID/Pass thing. If I do have Terrace viewing perhaps they can refund me the difference or whatever and make it happen that we get ground level viewing of the fireworks. Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)

So this is really interested to me because I had seen on Kenny the Pirate's review about the Hallowishes Dessert Party that people were commenting that they called Disney and were told that parade viewing was included again this year, but it was just not advertised. So I posted this question during Kenny the Pirate's MNSSHP webinar and he confirmed that parade viewing was included this year. Then I watched the Tim Tracker vlog posted in this thread which showed the dessert party, but no comments about special parade viewing. I too was feeling confused, so I called Disney 2 days ago and was told that both the Premium (Terrace) View Party and the Garden (Plaza) View Party do not include parade viewing. So........If anyone has or will attend one or both of the Hallowishes Dessert Parties this year, please let us know :) Thanks :)

So this is really interested to me because I had seen on Kenny the Pirate's review about the Hallowishes Dessert Party that people were commenting that they called Disney and were told that parade viewing was included again this year, but it was just not advertised. So I posted this question during Kenny the Pirate's MNSSHP webinar and he confirmed that parade viewing was included this year. Then I watched the Tim Tracker vlog posted in this thread which showed the dessert party, but no comments about special parade viewing. I too was feeling confused, so I called Disney 2 days ago and was told that both the Premium (Terrace) View Party and the Garden (Plaza) View Party do not include parade viewing. So........If anyone has or will attend one or both of the Hallowishes Dessert Parties this year, please let us know :) Thanks :)
There was a lot of back and forth about this when the dessert parties were first released this year.

It was confirmed by multiple GR CMs via phone and e-mail that the Halloween dessert parties did NOT include the parade viewing this year. The ADR time is also the same time as the first parade now that it is later so the events overlap.

Do they allow finger lights (little LED lights that strap to your finger)? I don't of of them banning anything like that before, but I wanted to be sure. I was thinking of handing some out to kids, with parent's permission, and maybe some adults at the party. Thanks

Do they allow finger lights (little LED lights that strap to your finger)? I don't of of them banning anything like that before, but I wanted to be sure. I was thinking of handing some out to kids, with parent's permission, and maybe some adults at the party. Thanks

Ehh, personally even though I know you mean well I wouldn't do it. You don't want to get in trouble with Disney security. Let the cast members hand stuff out they have plenty of candy to give.

Kenny the Pirate has a Character Locator app that is life-changing amazing!! That's always my go-to for character sets/times and tips and tricks! On that note, I'm hoping some of you guys will weigh in - the only must-meet we have is Jafar. We'd also really like to meet Pooh & gang and Mickey. I haven't heard much chatter about these guys - are all 3 of these doable without spending hours in line? As much as we love Moana, we met her in DLR and I'm not feeling to spend 2 hours in that line. :) It's just DH and I, so we usually plan on the second parade, but with the time changes, are we risking not getting a good spot in front of the castle for fireworks unless we go to the first parade and hang out? 30 days and counting! WOOHOO! :banana:

We were able to meet Jafar with about a 20 minute wait and was a good interaction. As for the parade, we did watch the first one, and it would be my suggestion if you would like to be in front of the castle for fireworks. It also does get less crowded after the fireworks so you will have lower wait times for attractions and characters.

How do you schedule and then use fastpasses for MNSSHP (4-6:30 window) if you purchase tix online (print out) and don't have magicbands? Asking for my sister who is only going to the party and not staying on property.

There was a lot of back and forth about this when the dessert parties were first released this year.

It was confirmed by multiple GR CMs via phone and e-mail that the Halloween dessert parties did NOT include the parade viewing this year. The ADR time is also the same time as the first parade now that it is later so the events overlap.
There have also been reports already from the first parties that there is NO parade viewing included this year.

I was so concerned about this that I called Disney and asked, they told me that the Premium Package that I booked included the parade viewing and that I would be on ground....I'm so confused and worried. I guess I'll just have to wait and talk to someone there when I get my ID/Pass thing. If I do have Terrace viewing perhaps they can refund me the difference or whatever and make it happen that we get ground level viewing of the fireworks. Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)
Sadly, phone CMs are not always the most informed. If you want garden viewing, I'd recommend cancelling your terrace view and booking garden instead. There are 2 separate check in locations, and as the number of guests for each event is limited, I doubt they'd let you change at check in - unless there was day-of availability. And even then, you'd likely not get a refund. Just book the view you want. Neither will get you the parade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter