Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Yulilin for your hhn date, should be fine at gate line by 5:00

It is a weekday and would be to your advantage of getting thru the metal detectors ahead of others

Those up front of the gate early, pass thru security and allowed into the front section of the park

You should be able to reach the houses quickly when park opens

Better to be doing the gate wait early then to have a 20 or more minutes longer for those in the back to even reach the metal detector sections

Finally convinced DD16 to go to HHN, it helps that her boyfriend now works at Volcano Bay and is able to ecperience it for the first time. So questions for all you HHN vets:
We will be using TM guest tickets, these used to be only for preview night but now preview night is just for UTM so now they have selected days that TM can bring their guest. We have selected Thursday Sept 21
No money for Express so, looking at the partial list we want to do The Shinning, Saw and The one from the Starz show (I forget the name) my DD16 made us promise that she would only do 3 houses max :) unless a house gets announced that sounds amazing (like the rumored It house) these will be the 3. Order of priority? I'm thinking Shining, Saw and the Starz one?
Expected wait times for these houses?
We do plan to be in line, outside the gates by 5pm at the latest
Bill and Ted...which show would be the easiest to get into?

My DD16 is seriously scared, I keep telling her to walk with confidence through the scare zones, she's watched a bunch of videos to get herself ready, I'm sure we'll have fun...hopefully ;)

Is it possible for you all to be in the park before closing? If so, when you're released before the gates open, you could possibly make it through Shining, Saw, and Ash vs the Evil Dead before the sun goes down. It would make traveling through the scare zones a lot easier for your daughter.

Last edited:
Is it possible for you all to be in the park before closing? If so, when you're released before the gates open, you could possibly make it through Shining, Saw, and Ash vs the Evil Dead before the sun goes down. It would make traveling through the scare zones a lot easier for your daughter.
I wish we could but we won't have day tickets. in September it would still be light at 6:30 though,that's what I've been telling her, that going through scare zone in the daytime makes a difference

i totally understand that.

i used to do the houses end of sept or first weekend of october
did repeats of houses once it was dark as different effect in them when still light outside.

i go and have some light up to late dusk and makes the house a repeat later that night for me.

I am an AP(power pass) holder, my daughter is not. Can I buy her and her bf tickets for HHN using my AP discount?

Ok....complete HHN virgin!!! DD (the 41 y/o) and I are going on Oct 31. Staying at Portifino Bay that night. I have a Power Pass. Haven't bought our party tickets yet...my pass is being activated next weekend. So.....are there any discounts I can use for a ticket for the party on the 31st? But, the big question....what do I need to know. I'm not thrilled about going, dd is very excited. My younger dd doesn't know if she's working that night...she normally works Jimmy Fallon. But, she's going if she doesn't work, but is a huge scaredy cat!!!!
What do I need to know, basically. Any hints, advice? Thanks all.

What are your hhn dates ?

On some dates I see peeps starting to line up outside the gates at 4:30

On weekdays for hhn, not that early

Hotel guests can use the designated park entrance at 6:30 to 8:00 for hhn

All that are entering at the gate for hhn (6:30), go thru the metal detectors which can take time as it is one person at a time per that line

There are several security lines so pick the shortest one

I go to the park before 5:00 to avoid the issue
I sit it out usually in one of the holding pens until the hhn event begins
Thanks for the info. I'm going Thursday September 21st so I hope it will be one of the less busy nights (but I have already bought Express passes).

Goofy once you have activated the ap, you can buy the hhn tix
Believe the max at one time is 6 hhn tix

More info in the sticky here first page

I know the premier and preferred ap allow for discounts

Assuming the other passes would
But read the hhn site to double check

HHN Hollywood just announced that they're doing an Insidious house based on all 3 chapters plus the new movie trailer for the fourth chapter! Wish Orlando was doing that.

Finally revealed! Insidious + Sinister + Purge house is the last IP house at HHN Orlando! So excited!

Calling it "Horrors of Blumhouse" it looks like!

Discount on public RiP tour varies depending upon which AP you have this year

I booked last week, got 10% off pre tax as I have Preferred

TM said Power was 5%, other APs no discount.

I would call to verify all information as first TM i spoke to said no discount was available. I hung up and called again:D and it went smoothly. It tends to happen in both parks, staff not always trained properly on special events.

Note that the price I would up paying PP $220.45. It dropped nearly $30 PP from what I was quoted a few weeks prior. Was told they reserve the right to adjust the price due to demand.

Since I'm doing the tour on 10/8, Sunday prior to Columbus Day, hoping that's a good sign the crowd might be a bit more manageable than the last few years (even though 2017 crowd was skewed due to storm).

IMG_2328.PNG
Ok....complete HHN virgin!!! DD (the 41 y/o) and I are going on Oct 31. Staying at Portifino Bay that night. I have a Power Pass. Haven't bought our party tickets yet...my pass is being activated next weekend. So.....are there any discounts I can use for a ticket for the party on the 31st? But, the big question....what do I need to know. I'm not thrilled about going, dd is very excited. My younger dd doesn't know if she's working that night...she normally works Jimmy Fallon. But, she's going if she doesn't work, but is a huge scaredy cat!!!!
What do I need to know, basically. Any hints, advice? Thanks all.

HHN website has the various tix options listed. 10/31 AP price your date is listed above

Not thrilled?!? Well, that is scary lol. If you're at all into gory, seasonal haunts, this is the big kahuna!

If not, and your're not a fan of that sort thing, skip it entirely if the idea doesn't appeal to you IMO. This is 100% not to be confused with MNSSHP vibe.

Many have reported being pressured by family & friends to attend, i give them credit for taking one for the team. The majority come back & do say they enjoyed it overall but there are many who say never-ever again.

There is no middle ground, you either love it or your don't.

3 mazes in 1 house. So we still have 4 original houses left to be announced.

& the icon!

This will be our second time going to HHN, last year we only went for one night and started in the Hello Kitty holding area. How do you find out where all the holding areas will be? We're going four nights this year and would likely want to start in a different holding area each night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter