******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked online for you, and there are a couple of pricey rooms at AKL and CSR. Did you try calling? There is sometimes more availability when you call vs. just looking at the website. I keep thinking of the post I just read on here where the poster said that the poor CM she spoke with told her she was the first nice person she has spoken with all day, and she was just using common manners! She was able to get FD, and is sure it is because she was polite. I'm sure these CMs are having a rough week dealing with some crabby, entitled people who don't understand why every room doesn't have FD magically added to it.
Thank you so much for looking. I called yesterday. They told me that there were none available. But, I agree with you. It is a shame that people have to be so rude. I promise I was very polite. It is not a huge deal. I was able to get the deal once if I changed the check-in day to 9/29. It was tempting to ask my boss for a personal day before our fall break, but I didn't think it was a good enough excuse.

I looked online for you, and there are a couple of pricey rooms at AKL and CSR. Did you try calling? There is sometimes more availability when you call vs. just looking at the website. I keep thinking of the post I just read on here where the poster said that the poor CM she spoke with told her she was the first nice person she has spoken with all day, and she was just using common manners! She was able to get FD, and is sure it is because she was polite. I'm sure these CMs are having a rough week dealing with some crabby, entitled people who don't understand why every room doesn't have FD magically added to it.
Oh, and I noticed the two at AKL and CSR........won't be doing that......lol!

Quick question, as I have never dealt with this before:
We have annual passes and booked FD with the minimum 2 day ticket. I was under the impression that I could just transfer those tickets to a phantom person in MDE to make sure they are not used instead of our AP's. I am not seeing that option. I am seeing a message that tells me that tickets purchased as part of a promotion are non transferable and must stay with the person they were booked for. How can I go about making sure they don't get used?

Also, when will the tickets expire?

We did this last June when we had tickets from a free dining bounceback and annual passes. Your 2 day tickets won't become active until the day you check into your resort. At that time you can transfer the tickets to your phantoms, not before then. The tickets will safely stay with the phantoms until you are ready to use them. Then you simply transfer the tickets back from the phantom to yourselves. :) We were then able to renew our annual passes using the value of the tickets as a credit. :)

Hey,
I am currently hoping to get a free dining plan, but my first night must be 9/30. I was wondering if anyone was able to accomplish this feat? By the way, I am staying until 10/07.

We have the same dates you do. I have not had any luck with free dining or the room offer. In theory, if you check in on 9/30 you qualify, but I only see a couple of options for those days, none of which work for us. I have been checking periodically since the offer went live early Monday morning and I haven't seen much change.

We're all set, 9/29-10/7 at POP!! I was able to add 2 days this morning to our trip. For those still looking, don't give up. If you're having a hard time finding something online, call. Sending pixie dust for everyone!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Does anyone know what time the Travel Agent holds get released tomorrow? I am hoping to snag a standard view at CBR with FD for my parents. Right now, they are in the Pirates rooms.

I was able to get one for my reservation yesterday but now I have to find one for them...starting to get nervous about it! We are going Dec 9-16th so I'm hoping something will open up soon.

Does anyone know what time the Travel Agent holds get released tomorrow? I am hoping to snag a standard view at CBR with FD for my parents. Right now, they are in the Pirates rooms.

I was able to get one for my reservation yesterday but now I have to find one for them...starting to get nervous about it! We are going Dec 9-16th so I'm hoping something will open up soon.

It depends when the TA called for the hold and how long they asked for. If they made the res on Monday, standard is a 3 day hold.

Oh no! I put in a building request when I booked CBR but I saw the main entrance and assumed that was where buses came in. My plan was for a room halfway between the first stop and the last stop. That way we could get on as it's leaving (save sitting on the bus all the way around the resort) and then get off first when it comes back.

But I went for Barbados!

Which building would be the best one for my plan? We have a water/pool view room.
The busses usually use the back entrance near pop century (or at least the did the last 2 summers that I was there. Every once in a while a bus used the main entrance but not often. I'd call and try to change. Or maybe Barbados 15?!?

Hey,
I am currently hoping to get a free dining plan, but my first night must be 9/30. I was wondering if anyone was able to accomplish this feat? By the way, I am staying until 10/07.
Try checking online first thing in the morning. While I was on hold this morning, I saw POP for 9/29-10/7. Don't give up yet.

My TA added on free dining, and we retained our gift cards. The key is modifying your existing reservation, not making a new one. If you retain your original confirmation number, you should retain the GC. We did, however, start out booking a package at her recommendation (room and tickets only, no dining at that time.) She knew we were hoping for FD, and said it would be easier to modify the reservation to FD if we already had a package booked. If you have a room only reservation, and trying to change it into a package, that might require you to make a whole new reservation? Then you would lose the GCs.

Yes! This.
I booked a room only at CBR with gift cards. I thought it would be easier to add fd to a RO rather than complicate it with a package.
In the end I couldn't modify it online and I had to call. I went thru to GS and she was able to make a new reservation as a package and retain our gift cards but that would not have happened online because a new res number was generated, so we would have lost the gcs.
RO reservation numbers are different to package ones.

I don't know if the unique situation of the gcs will come up again, but if you have a reason to want to keep the same res number, and want to modify your res to a package offer, my advice would be to book a package before trying to modify it.

I swear I saw somewhere someone posted a link to an approved snack thread. I have gone through like 20 pages and can't find it. Searched the forums. Help please and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter