******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday morning, I thought all my hopes for FD were dashed. Then later in the day, CBR opened up. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I bit the bullet and booked it. Then, today, just for the heck of it, I checked the WDW site and Pop had opened up for FD! I'm getting 7 days with FD and park hopper for $2026. My wife and I are so excited!

what are the odds that rooms will open up (for FD) going forward at resorts that say they have no availability?
We wanted to stay at POR but the dates we picked were blacked out...and all our TA was able to get us was a standard room at All-star music (grateful that she was able to snag this for us) but my sister has a disability and needs her own bed...so this leaves me with two kids in my bed (or one of us on the floor)
we are going November 27 to December 2nd. Hoping a room at CBR opens up for that time frame. Should I ask my TA to keep her eyes open for that (or am I dreaming of something that may never occur)
Don't give up hope! TAs are able to hold rooms for 72 hours, so between them releasing unwanted FD rooms and others cancelling rooms, there should be more availability soon!

It's a chap shoot. Do I book in Feb with the dining plan so I can do things like book CRT and the luau without having to pay in advance and get the 180+10 day reservation window?

Or do I book and pay for them upfront and lose the reservations window and MAYBE make a better chance for free dining by not showing Disney that the demand is there?

Stacy

What is a chap shoot? Maybe you meant crapshoot? If not, I would really like to know. :) I know people say different things in different parts of the country/world and I have never heard that one before.
Not picking in you at all if it was a typo; I am curious if that is a real saying somewhere else because you are not the first person I have heard/read say that.

I'm already at the resort I want, with FD. The offer also had an "up to" 30% off room only. Still, I'm better with the FD.

I got the same email today. Looks like it just links to the general public free dining promotion, but the room only is a UOC.

ETA: Offer valid for stays most nights from May 28 through August 31, 2017, when you book by July 14, 2017. Deluxe up to 30% and moderate and value up to 20%

More magic for us!!!!
We called reservations to add 2 days. First operator said there was no availability. I asked to speak to guest relations, and GR was able to downgrade from river view to garden view, add two days and saved us $80. Garden view showed no availability online. So call if you didn't get what you wanted.

I've been booking the bounce back offer for many years now. And I'm so glad I booked last September so I was locked into the tickets before the increase. They will probably offer the free dining bounce back for 2018 starting the beginning of August through the end of October this year for select dates in 2018 but will most likely be the offer the gp got this time. One good thing about the bounce back is more room availability and better dates.

I wouldn't say the bounce back has better dates then the general public. The free dining bounce back from 2016 for 2017 was worse then the one released yesterday. It only included the first 9 days of September and then excluded the remainder of September, October and November, with a couple of weeks available in June, July and August.

Aruba and Jamaica are great! I have stayed in both. A few days before your trip call the hotel and ask for Jamaica 44,45, or 46....they are closest to bridge. I have always called the resort I am staying at a few days before and request a room and bedrails.....I've been very lucky to have gotten my requests filled every year! Jamaica is also usually first bus stop
I have been scouring touringplans and looking at their room photos to see where I want to request. I have the subscription with them so they will send in my request for me (yay!). Did you have waterview rooms or standard?

First of all I want to thank Black, Steve and Ron for their valuable information! Some of you guys know how important this trip is to me, my daughter is very critically ill and I wanted this trip as a chance for her, my SIL, grandson and myself to have what is quite possibly our last family trip together. Thanks to knowing when dining was going to drop I was able to get free dining for the exact dates and resort we wanted (All Star Sports). I also was able to upgrade to DDP. The best part was I saved enough for us to be able to afford the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party AND we're going to do MNSSHP! I am so happy we have the opportunity to do this in this difficult time.

The only issue I had booking yesterday was I could only book standard view on one room, when I went to upgrade the second room only preferred was available. But I got some pixie dust today, I checked and was able to change the preferred room back to a standard room! I really wasn't expecting to be able to change it this soon, but was very happy to be able to do it.

Also need to thank the wonderful people here. I've been on the disboards a long time but never posted a lot because sometimes people could be sarcastic, or even a bit mean. This is the warmest, most helpful group I've ever encountered! So I thank all of you as well.

Terri
I just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful, magical, beautiful trip!!

I'm looking for similar dates at the Poly - Nov 18 - 25. And I actually have a reservation for those dates, but not with FD. I'm refreshing my screen once an hour or so, hoping FD will be available for those dates. If it magically appears, should I just book a brand new res myself, rather than calling my TA and asking her to modify? I'm afraid it may disappear before I get to her. Will the system let me book a new res for the same dates I already have a res at that resort?

I currently have 2 reservations at the same resort for the exact same dates. I was afraid it would disappear before I could go in and try to modify (was getting the spinning circle on my reservation page). I was afraid it wouldn't let me book 2 but they are both there. I've been able to modify my original reservation (at CBR with the gift cards) so I'll be cancelling the second one.

I currently have 2 reservations at the same resort for the exact same dates. I was afraid it would disappear before I could go in and try to modify (was getting the spinning circle on my reservation page). I was afraid it wouldn't let me book 2 but they are both there. I've been able to modify my original reservation (at CBR with the gift cards) so I'll be cancelling the second one.
What room type of you don't mind me asking

I've been booking the bounce back offer for many years now. And I'm so glad I booked last September so I was locked into the tickets before the increase. They will probably offer the free dining bounce back for 2018 starting the beginning of August through the end of October this year for select dates in 2018 but will most likely be the offer the gp got this time. One good thing about the bounce back is more room availability and better dates.
When we were there in October last year, there were actually fewer BB dates for September (only till the 9th I believe). Thank goodness the GP offer included the rest of September.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying that route now...on hold. Seems like phone gives a different experience for some. Really hoping for this option but if not we'll be just fine with our backup plan.
Please let me know if you are successful! Those were our exact dates 11/18-11/26 at CBR. I was able to modify to free dining online, but had to change check in until 11-19. I'd really like the extra night. It's a long 2 day drive for us and I'd much rather check in later Saturday night and rest for Sunday then stay off site Saturday night. I have a second reservation for those same dates, and I'd be glad to try to drop but have no clue if rooms drop like dining reservations do???

This morning we were lucky enough to book a package with free dining - but had to rebook at the All-Stars sports - which is totally ok - we have never been there before so sort of looking forward to it. I have not been able to cancel my previous booking online and it is impossible to get through the phone at this time. Does anyone know if they can transfer the money paid on a previous reservation to our new one - or does it have to go back our credit cards?

you can most likely have it transferred

If we're staying for 7 days, 6 nights, is the FD good for the 7 days or only 6 since we're checking out on the 7th??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter