******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can only get a free dining package for 5 nights, but I add another night or two of room only reservations on a separate reservation, can I use the dining credits for the rest of my stay? Or only until last day of free dining reservation? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I was told it was. Should have known not to trust a phone CM.
They probably got confused with movies. After looking at the screen for awhile it is easy to do,especially when you are tired. I would have booked those two weeks but we want to be home for Thanksgiving. I have been trying all night/day for the two weeks after.

If I can only get a free dining package for 5 nights, but I add another night or two of room only reservations on a separate reservation, can I use the dining credits for the rest of my stay? Or only until last day of free dining reservation? Thanks in advance!
Only until midnight of checkout day of the free dining pkg.

You can use them until midnight on the day you check out of your free dining reservation. Your park passes, however, will be good for the whole time so make sure you pay for as many days as you need for both reservations.

I didn't post earlier but I did catch the drop this morning :) Thought I'd post what I got since people were posting before: Dec. 10-15 Standard Room at CSR for 3 Adults (3 day Park Hoppers). We also upgraded from the QSD to DDP.

You can use them until midnight on the day you check out of your free dining reservation. Your park passes, however, will be good for the whole time so make sure you pay for as many days as you need for both reservations.
Your mugs are also good for your whole stay.

I really like that the cabins are so close to Mk, just a boat ride away. I also like that the beds don't have to be unfolded/folded up every day like at AoA and ASMu suites. But, cabins only have 1 bathroom, I don't like the theming as much and it's supposed to be hard to get around the resort. The cabins also have a full kitchen, though that doesn't matter to us, we won't be using it. There both great and it's a lot to think about.

The bathroom situation might the deciding factor, 2 would be nice! The sleeping arrangements look pretty crammed at the cabins too for the pictures

What am I doing wrong. I am all over the web site and I see nothing for any mods. I am trying for 9/30-10/7 all resorts 1 adult and 1 Disney adult and I am getting nothing. I tried selecting the offer and checking for availability and I tried doing a room search and then clicking on the escape discount only to see all the availability disappear. How are you seeing the available rooms?

Last edited:
Called for 3 hours this morning. "On Hold" in chat for an hour for the agent to tell me to just change my reservation online. On hold for 2 hours this evening. Only to be told that there is no more FD available for 11/17-11/25 at ASMusic.

Does anyone have those dates and may not need them? Any suggestions?

You might change your dates as well. A family suite which is included in free dining is available from 11/17-11/26. Includes 10 day ph in price. It is $5387, which might be too high for you, I don't know how many are going or ages, I was just playing with dates.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 10.10.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 10.10.45 PM.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 11
My advice: keep trying!! You never know what could happen. I had an AKL Value Suite booked and I never saw any availability to book that room type with the free dining offer (yes I was awake in the wee hours and refreshing during the day). I was never able to get through on the phone lines during the day. I was on hold this evening for 1.5 hours and talked to a CM who could not add the offer to our existing reservation. She tried and tried but there was no availability in that room type. She transferred me to Guest Services, and I waited on hold another 1.5 hours (!) and the CM who helped me easily added the FD onto my existing AKL reservation. I had to pay the increase in ticket prices since I booked last year but that's OK! I am feeling the pixie dust!!
:tinker::cloud9::tinker::cloud9::tinker::cloud9:

How/why didn't you get transferred to Customer Service? Did the CM suggest that or did you ask to be transferred? Just wondering if there's is another level of customer service that has more authority and can push things through...

How/why didn't you get transferred to Customer Service? Did the CM suggest that or did you ask to be transferred? Just wondering if there's is another level of customer service that has more authority and can push things through...

When the first CM could not add the plan to our existing reservation, she first said she was trying to "message someone," but didn't get a response. She then suggested a transfer to Guest Services. I hadn't asked to be transferred but figured why not? I expected to hear the same response again, but instead I think I got very lucky!

I'm kind of disappointed with Disney Visa. i got it specifically because i heard of the "perks" of early FD and RO notifications and it looks like they are WAY behind the curve. :( At least they still let you collect points for a gift card.

I received my email from them at 1:09 pm today. LOL. I'd already booked through the Visa link for my room (well my TA had)

I STILL haven't received a thing from them! I'm going the end of September but still......

Yeah but the points aren't as good as a regular cash back card. I like my Disney Visa, but if you don't get early notice for this stuff, it's just a credit card with Mickey on it.

I still don't have an email from them. :rolleyes:
Add me to the list disappointed with the DV. I still haven't received an email, and can only access the Visa offer through the link that has been posted. It won't show on the Disney World site for me even though I have my DV saved in my profile. Are others seeing the Visa offer on the Disney site?

I added it to my package but I was only charged $200 for my deposit.

That my friend is weird. I also purchased MM with my RO and was charged for my deposit and MM - together.o_O Hmmm, interesting.
I also added it to a package when booking and was only charged the $200 deposit.

Add me to the list disappointed with the DV. I still haven't received an email, and can only access the Visa offer through the link that has been posted. It won't show on the Disney World site for me even though I have my DV saved in my profile. Are others seeing the Visa offer on the Disney site?

I also added it to a package when booking and was only charged the $200 deposit.
I didn't see a link for Visa even though I have my card saved as well. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time because my dates are in December. My actual email didn't arrive until early afternoon.

Ugh. Just spent an hour on the phone with booking, they're apparently having system problems, and got disconnected when put on hold.

Now they're closed, and I'm out of luck.

I can't see the Visa offer on the website either. I have to use the link in my email.

Driving me nuts! Standard rooms at CSR just popped up and I got 1 thru successfully but it won't let me check out the second room!!! And the phones are closed!! Can I say a very bad word!!!!!!

Ugh. Just spent an hour on the phone with booking, they're apparently having system problems, and got disconnected when put on hold.

Now they're closed, and I'm out of luck.
Same-I was right in the middle of updating my reservation with available free dining and it glitched and dumped me out and told me to call...except they are closed

What am I doing wrong. I am all over the web site and I see nothing for any mods. I am trying for 9/30-10/7 all resorts 1 adult and 1 Disney adult and I am getting nothing. I tried selecting the offer and checking for availability and I tried doing a room search and then clicking on the escape discount only to see all the availability disappear. How are you seeing the available rooms?
I will check again for you and then maybe we can all figure out on this thread how to help!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter