******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can snag something she said she can pick it up and drop and switch so I don't lose my discounts. I'm just clicking refresh refresh refresh. We've saved for three years and free dining would be very helpful
Oh, I see. You're hoping that something pops up and you keep on refreshing to grab to book it.

I hate to say it, I think you're beating your head against the wall tonight. I would try tomorrow (and the next day, etc). I think the odds of someone making a change tonight are pretty slim. I think you'll have a better chance as the week wears on and people have time to mull things over.

Good luck :tink:!

I'm kind of disappointed with Disney Visa. i got it specifically because i heard of the "perks" of early FD and RO notifications and it looks like they are WAY behind the curve. :( At least they still let you collect points for a gift card.

I didn't receive my email until about 12:30 EST, but I will say that the link was helpful. When I checked the dining offer on the WDW site there were no available standard rooms at a value for my early September dates. However, there was (and still is) a standard room at ASSp available through the Disney Visa link for my dates.

OK, I got verification from a CM who works ticketing here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...r-to-3-day-base-ticket.3599865/#post-57496561

Essentially, any time a guest pays more money for a ticket it's considered an "upgrade". You can remove options from a ticket as long as those options have not been used. So, you can remove the "hopper" portion of a pass as long as you've only been in one park per day *and* you're paying more for a longer pass. You WILL NOT be refunded, so you can't book a 7-day park hopper and then remove the hopping and expect Disney to give you back the difference between the PH and base ticket. You can only apply the value to the ticket to a more expensive ticket.

One nasty wrinkle was pointed out on that thread: you can only make FP+ for as many days as you have tickets. So, you probably don't want to buy a 2-day PH if you really want a 4-day or 6-day base ticket. Instead, you'll want to buy the longest PH that has a gate price that is less than the base ticket you're interested in. All Ears has ticket prices here: http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm . For instance, if you want a 4-day base ticket (price: $372) you'll want to buy a 3-day PH (price: $371) and pay the $1-2 to "upgrade" to the 4-day base at WDW. But that means that you can only make FP+ in the 60-day window for the 3 days on your package tickets and not all 4. You'll have to wait until you are there and have purchased your 4-day pass to make the 4th day's FP+. Unfortunately, the way that Disney prices their passes by only increasing by a few dollars for each day after 4, you're still stuck buying a 3-day PH for most base pass upgraded lengths. So, you'll have to take booking FP+ for all your days into account in your decision to purchase a shorter PH with the intention of upgrading to a base pass.

Thank you for all the info!

Here is what my TA email me this morning. I am going Sept 20-30 3 Adults and 1 infant. "I was able to get Free Dining for both of your reservations. The POR reservation comes out to $6888.93 and the Sports came out $5193.15. I’m guessing you want to go with the Sports one?!?! That is with Deluxe dining." Of Course I went with sports and it is preferred room.

I'm looking at the same 2 I reserved, what are your pros/cons?
I really like that the cabins are so close to Mk, just a boat ride away. I also like that the beds don't have to be unfolded/folded up every day like at AoA and ASMu suites. But, cabins only have 1 bathroom, I don't like the theming as much and it's supposed to be hard to get around the resort. The cabins also have a full kitchen, though that doesn't matter to us, we won't be using it. There both great and it's a lot to think about.

Called for 3 hours this morning. "On Hold" in chat for an hour for the agent to tell me to just change my reservation online. On hold for 2 hours this evening. Only to be told that there is no more FD available for 11/17-11/25 at ASMusic.

Does anyone have those dates and may not need them? Any suggestions?
All star music is excluded.

Don't know if this has already been asked but can you use the Canadian discount ticket offer with the free dining plan.
No. The FD offer requires purchase of tickets as part of the FD package. You cannot use separately purchased tickets to fulfill the ticketing portion of the special.

OMG I almost had a heart attack when I seen that price. I could not see ever my self ever paying that price even if I could afford it.
Ok I could of worded that a little better. I could not ever see my self paying that even if I could afford it. :rolleyes1

My advice: keep trying!! You never know what could happen. I had an AKL Value Suite booked and I never saw any availability to book that room type with the free dining offer (yes I was awake in the wee hours and refreshing during the day). I was never able to get through on the phone lines during the day. I was on hold this evening for 1.5 hours and talked to a CM who could not add the offer to our existing reservation. She tried and tried but there was no availability in that room type. She transferred me to Guest Services, and I waited on hold another 1.5 hours (!) and the CM who helped me easily added the FD onto my existing AKL reservation. I had to pay the increase in ticket prices since I booked last year but that's OK! I am feeling the pixie dust!!
:tinker::cloud9::tinker::cloud9::tinker::cloud9:

I'm not seeing any aside from the bed room suite at CSR which is 500 a night and for that price I'd go deluxe
What resort and for how many people do you need? I just put in 9/30-10/07 and I see Pool, King, Preferred and River View at POR under the Magical Escape Room offer for those dates. Is there a certain resort you are looking for?:)

Daytime noise in the dining area might be an issue. I typically get migraines from crowded rooms with everyone talking. I am a very light sleeper and I didn't notice any noise at night. But we were never in the room before 9 or 10 pm. (we are always on the top floor in a nonpool facing room) Hopefully, you can get a room that fits your family's needs. If you do stay at Sports I suggest requesting a room in the baseball area.
Thank you. I will see if I can get a request in that location.

They have rooms for my dates but none with free dining at this time. I have half booked/need the other half now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter