******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any theories or know from past experiences why I couldn't get a two bedroom at kidani or old key West on free dining offer? The rooms are still available if you try to book a standard package. Party of nine. Wanted two bedroom at okw but ended up with two cabins.

Ok. So this is OT but I joined Disboard back in 2014 but just really started using it this year. Is there a way to recognize fellow Disboarders when in the parks???

We use to use a lime green mickey head but not sure if that's the case anymore.

Woke up at 3:00am, 4:00am, 4:30am, and 5:30am (perfect timing) and it was so worth it.

So right now we have a FD reservation with AofA family suite...

We were also able to secure a FD reservation for 2 pirate rooms at CBR (saving $98 over a standard room with base tickets). I was hoping to get a standard room with FD, but in all honesty, I had the pirate rooms booked initially so I'm still happy with it.

Our dates are 9 Dec - 16 Dec, if my stepson's mom decides he can get out of going to school that week to go with us, we'll be a family of 7 and will have to stay in the two rooms at CBR. If he can't then we'll possibly go with the AofA suite which will only save us $150 over the FD CBR package (when you take the CBR gift card into consideration). However, if we go with AofA we won't have to worry about construction.

Decisions, decisions...

Never had the DDP before, but we wanted to stay at the AKL around Christmas, so this was a good excuse/opportunity. Pulled the trigger this afternoon and everything is set.
I know this has been asked before, but I don't usually buy packages tickets (I use UT for my family and I have a AP this year). On MDE, I see the 9 day PH I purchased for my family for our May 2017 trip followed by the 3 day PH tickets for our December trip (which are not transferrable).

My questions:
1) Will I need to prioritize my AP or my family's tickets to be sure the 9 day PHs are used on my May trip?
2) Can I exchange my 3 day PH (December trip) next spring as a discount for renewing my AP (and do I have to do that in person?)

Thanks, love this board!!!

I tried adding FD at 6am to my POR reservation. It worked until I went to purchase and then I kept getting an error. After trying for a while I gave up and went with an offer from a TA deal that we keep hearing about. I added DDP to the package it was still cheaper than going with FD. It was still a lot more than I thought i was going to have to pay, so i am disappointed in FD this year. However, i am so excited to have our trip officially underway! Can't wait!

I've heard something about a green mickey?

(I'm probably wrong, but the fastest way to get an answer is to be wrong and have someone correct you) :p
This has probably already been answered, but in the old days people used to use a lime green mickey like you could get from the Disney paint line at Home Depot - like this -
5321532507_f01a5a9264_z.jpg

They discontinued that paint though, so no more free lime green mickey silhouettes!

I wasn't able to modify my CBR w/ GCs and there was nothing available at POP but I snagged Sports 11/25-12/2. Sports was the first resort we stayed at and we liked it so I'm okay. I am going to hold on to my CBR for a while and check for availability.

Ok again I let a TA do my leg work and lost. Using one from the DIS board sponsored agency and she tells me I have to have 5 nights so she couldn't get anything for me. What? I chatted on the WDW website and minimum stay is only THREE nights. It's too late to fix now and I will keep trying myself but. Why don't I ever learn?!?!?

No luck for me :( We have firm dates with 2 rooms, one 11/19-11/23 and the other 11/19-11/26 at the Poly. Unfortunately couldn't be flexible with the resort as this is a special trip where it will be our last big family trip all together. I was willing to move to one of the other available resorts for our dates, but my husband refuses to leave the convenience of a dole whip on property, ha! Mostly it's just because it's where we've always gone with our family and he wants to absolutely stay here for our last one all together! I've been checking all day, but it seems like the Poly is going to be impossible to get for these specific dates.

So happy for everyone it's working out for though! The savings can be huge! I'm going to keep trying over the next week! Fingers crossed!

Anybody looking Sep first week... some deluxe are less than AOA Suite and CBR PIRATE when u upgrade to DDP

Need some help and I am sorry if this has been asked before but I am bleary eyed and so tired of looking at the Disney website. If I book a reservation with Free dining and need to modify the checkout date but it still falls within the free dining requirements will they let me keep free dining? For example, I see FD is available for my check in date on 9/16 but not on my preferred check out date of 9/23. However if I book online from 9/16 to 9/26 it is available. Can I book it online and modify it with a phone rep later.
Sorry if I am not being very clear.

Need some help and I am sorry if this has been asked before but I am bleary eyed and so tired of looking at the Disney website. If I book a reservation with Free dining and need to modify the checkout date but it still falls within the free dining requirements will they let me keep free dining? For example, I see FD is available for my check in date on 9/16 but not on my preferred check out date of 9/23. However if I book online from 9/16 to 9/26 it is available. Can I book it online and modify it with a phone rep later.
Sorry if I am not being very clear.
I'm not certain of the modifying process later on but I do know that FD is based on check IN date so as long as your check in date falls inside the dates then it doesn't matter when you check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter