******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a room booked at POP for free dining dates, but can't get through. Since I already had the dates booked will I be able to get FD, or do they only give out a select few?

so no luck here with fd POR, or anywhere else. Anyone think something could open?
My issue is need for family 5 so everything for our family size is way expensive. Mod. hotel was our max.
Actually would cost us More to stay at a value with 2 rooms or suite
Any way it could get added to existing res? worth calling? Oh I need some disney magic! :genie:

I have a couple questions I hope you guys can answer for me.

What time do your dining credits expire? If we check out at 9am on our last day can we still use a dining credit for lunch or dinner?

Is park hopper an all or nothing deal? If we need 8 day tickets, can we apply park hoppers to just 4 of them?

I feel like I should know the answers to these questions but I don't. :P

An update on our plans though - we originally were booked at CBR with the gift card offer. I can't apply FD to our current offer (no room availability)

So I made a second reservation at Pop with FD (upgraded to regular plan) and now have to decide which one I want. Pop is the better deal I think...but man those double beds. My DH and I are both tall and my oldest child sleeps in starfish position and spins.

I was able to modify our 11/26-11/30 standard view CBR room to FD by using the Disney Visa link (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-parks-stay-dine-visa-package/)

I'm relieved, but stressed because the update isn't showing up in MDE. I did get an email confirming the successful change, so my guess is, the site is just overloaded and hasn't updated yet. I'll call in later today or tomorrow when hold times calm down. Good luck to everyone still trying!!! I got up at 3:45 (after maybe 2 hours of sleep) so today at work will not be fun....
Thanks for the link!

I couldn't get fd at the Poly 11/18 - 11/25 either. Guess I'll just keep looking. So are you going to check every day, multiple times a day, etc? I've been fortunate to never be in this situation.
Yep. Every day multiple times a day. I'm currently on hold with Disney hoping I can be hit with some Pixie dust today. pixiedust:

I had a CBR reservation with GCs but with having to upgrade to PH, upgrade to the DDP from QS, and then to a pirate room it's probably not worth it. I'm going to hold on to the reservation until the end of the week or so, hoping a standard opens up. I booked an additional reservation using FD at Sports for about $1000 cheaper as our backup.
We did the same thing...hopefully a few standards open up!

Thought I would share my experience . . .
Set alarms for 1:00am, 2:00am, 3:00am, and 3:30am. Just stayed up at 3:30am since speculation was it would drop at 4:00am. Waited patiently like the rest of you for the drop and when it showed up, had AKL in my cart (not my first choice, but best I could do at the time) and when I went to check out, it would not let me select the 4th member of my party, giving an error message of "At least two or more attending guests have the same name. Guests must have unique names." I continued to get this message despite talking with 3 different CMs on chat (everytime I went to my F&F list as they suggested I lost the chat). Then, when they suggested I just choose a random person from my list that I could go back and change later, every time I hit "checkout," it just reloaded my cart page. Fought with this for over an hour and a half. Waited til I got to work to try again, and its doing the same thing. Of course, by now, the first room I had in my cart is gone, and the 2nd and 3rd rooms I put in my cart are gone. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Yikes! That really sucks!

Is park hopper an all or nothing deal? If we need 8 day tickets, can we apply park hoppers to just 4 of them?

No, the PH will need to be on all 8. Your other option is to get a 4-day PH pass through Disney on your reservation, then go through a third party retailer for a separate set of 4-day single-park tickets.

At least I think that will work- does anyone have experience linking a second set of tickets like that?

So I can modify my first hotel stay (doing a split stay) but not the second. What the what??

Basically nothing available for The Poly. Switched over to the Boardwalk for my first stay of my split-stay. Super bummed that I won't be at the Poly but I love Boardwalk to death, saving 300 bucks more than I would have with Poly discounted, and will be able to now walk to Food and Wine so life is good!

party:

I currently have a reservation for 12/10-12/16 at CBR with QSD that was booked back when the GC offer was still up. I tried modifying first thing but the only rooms available were pirate. Since I already have a room, will they be able to just add the free dining if I can get through on the phone?? It seems like it should be so simple...

What time do your dining credits expire? If we check out at 9am on our last day can we still use a dining credit for lunch or dinner?

An update on our plans though - we originally were booked at CBR with the gift card offer. I can't apply FD to our current offer (no room availability)

So I made a second reservation at Pop with FD (upgraded to regular plan) and now have to decide which one I want. Pop is the better deal I think...but man those double beds. My DH and I are both tall and my oldest child sleeps in starfish position and spins.

PH is a flat price. You never know, you might even use it more to visit another park for a meal or fireworks

I think you have until Midnight the day you check out to use the dining credit.

Park hopper is all or nothing

Basically nothing available for The Poly. Switched over to the Boardwalk for my first stay of my split-stay. Super bummed that I won't be at the Poly but I love Boardwalk to death, saving 300 bucks more than I would have with Poly discounted, and will be able to now walk to Food and Wine so life is good!

party:
I might be doing this as well.

I currently have a reservation for 12/10-12/16 at CBR with QSD that was booked back when the GC offer was still up. I tried modifying first thing but the only rooms available were pirate. Since I already have a room, will they be able to just add the free dining if I can get through on the phone?? It seems like it should be so simple...
They won't do that. Your room type is either sold out for the promotion or was never included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter