******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow missed the chat room we'll all be using as we lose our minds tonight (or our bowels, as Pete suggested on the DisUnplugged YouTube channel).

Can someone link me to the instructions for it or let me know how to connect there?
https://*******.gg/k59W8xx

Thanks! I think I quoted you instead of replying. Hhmm, that could be a game changer for me. If I could fastpass the 15th then dh will get his rest day. He wants a day of nothing but pool, adult beverages and a steak dinner. I will definitely try it now. That would be awesome!

You might want to go over to the Theme Parks Tips board and check the FP+ sticky. If this particular scenario isn't covered, just ask. Perhaps someone has tried it before.

@jods
Apparently, I can't quote you since your post ended up in your quote, but anyway....You are probably right.

My thought was, the FP+ window will open (for you, on the 16th) and you can make FP+ for length of stay. So the number of days you can make FP+ is tied to the FD portion. Let's say you're taking a day off in the middle or your last day you have an early flight, so no parks. Now, I'm wondering if you could make a FP+ for the 15th?? You have a room reservation, so the system knows you're there. You just don't have tickets attached to that reservation. I don't know if it can be done, but I'd be trying it.

@jods
You won't be able to make advanced FP for the 15th. We did this (split stay) last year. But as soon as you activate the tickets when you get there you can go online and make 3 FP for that day.

I can't sleep due to my cold, and the fact that i have to do some work early in the morning, alltough i took a week off..the schools are closed this week, add some problems at home too it and the excitement of the FD..hihihi
There is just a little excitement weither the european version of FD will come out.. and when it does..all calms down you can book from april to juli/august for next year... Nobody is loosing sleep over it.
But it becomes a sport on the US-site here

I just booked my first DDP meal at Chrystal Palace....

I am glad to see, there were still open spots for august:worship:

Sorry if this has already been answered/discussed/dissected/annoyingly asked a million times, but...

I already have a reservation. If I don't want to deal with modifying it (and the potential headaches involved with that), can I just make a new reservation with Free Dining and then cancel my initial reservation? Will there be any issues with having two reservations for the same dates?

Sorry if this has already been answered/discussed/dissected/annoyingly asked a million times, but...

I already have a reservation. If I don't want to deal with modifying it (and the potential headaches involved with that), can I just make a new reservation with Free Dining and then cancel my initial reservation? Will there be any issues with having two reservations for the same dates?
Many have said you can have multiple reservations on same account.

Completely unrelated, but while I'm in here... does anyone know if you have to be a BJs clubhouse member to order gift cards online? Seeing their Disney GCs for $95 each. Debating getting in on that +2% CB on my cc, or whether I should do 5% back buying GCs at a grocery store this quarter.

Is it actually difficult to get free dining package reservations if you aren't online when it drops?

I can only speak from my experience. We have gone during Free Dining twice in the past (both in the past 4 years) and each time we booked well past the time when the offer dropped (like weeks after). Both times we got exactly what we were hoping to get. This is the first time I'll be booking the day of release.

Completely unrelated, but while I'm in here... does anyone know if you have to be a BJs clubhouse member to order gift cards online? Seeing their Disney GCs for $95 each. Debating getting in on that +2% CB on my cc, or whether I should do 5% back buying GCs at a grocery store this quarter.
You do not have to be a member. There is a Discount Disney Gift Card thread on the Budget forum and they have discussed BJ's recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter