******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I said to my husband, "If they give Mods the upgraded DP we can try to add an extra night to our trip!" He replied with, "I thought the whole point of you acting like a crazed maniac and booking FD at 4 AM was to save us money not figure out how to spend more?" :D:D:D:D:D
Haha! I'm sort of thankful we already booked our plane flights-no temptation to add more days! I'm already worried that if I get the Premier AP I will be tempted to come back and do a solo Flower & Garden festival trip!

Please say it wasn't the Chicken at Cosmic Ray's.

I'm rather picky and only eat chicken breast. No hamburgers or hotdogs, tacos or burritos. So I usually go for the 1/2 chicken meals and give my niece all the other parts of the chicken. Not planning on doing TS so I have limited CS options. Now everyone says to avoid my favourite CS.

It was the pulled pork sandwiches. :( I don't trust anything there though.

Could someone please help me with a few things? It's been 5 years since our last trip and I'm sure things have changed!

We're booked (6 adults...youngest is now 10) into BLT on December 3rd. Cash reservation. We are also Cdn (and I spent the morning reading through the long post over there about our tickets!).
Is BLT usually available for free dining? It was when we went...just curious if that's still the case.

It looks like dining will cost us about $2080 for the 6 of us on DDP (or $1445 on QSDP) if we pay for it OOP. We would prefer DDP over QSDP so we can enjoy a few more relaxed family dinners.
The tickets (CDN offer) would be $1629 for all of us (we don't need the hopper option). If we had to add the park hopper and plus it would be about $2084. Is the Cdn ticket offer available to add to FD?

If it's not, US park tickets and the rumoured plus' would be about $2939, making more sense to pay OOP for food or just get one of the plans and add the Cdn tic to our room reservation. What I don't like is having to pay exchange rates on our cc for each and every meal (or having that much cash).

We would also consider switching to CR if a room only pin was sent our way (although we'd miss the kitchen and our view!) so we could take advantage of the ticket offer and a RO discount.

Have I completely messed up my Disney math?

Well, I can't comment on your math, but, I'm also currently holding the Cdn tix, and my TA has advised, that if FD is a better deal, we have to buy the full price US tix with PH......

We're a family of 5 (2A, 3C), and so far, as long as a comparable fall RO discount materializes, FD won't be our cheapest option (because we have to give up our discounted Cdn tix, and buy PH, which we wouldn't normally buy). With 6 Disney adults....FD is probably the better deal. Are you getting more than one room at BLT? I saw other posters mention about doing two separate packages, one with a RO discount, and one with the deluxe dining plan (then sharing meals)

For those who have been following, is this the current rumor that's been popping up most often ???

8/13 - 9/30
11/14 - 11/20
11/25 - 11/27
12/8 - 12/23

Value & Mods (PORR is excluded) = QS
Deluxe & Villas = DP

If I'm staying 11/7 to 11/16 since my dates are there would I free dining for my whole vacation?

Also should I change to a deluxe now?? I'm currently at a moderate. Or can I have two packages booked for same time at different hotels??

If I'm staying 11/7 to 11/16 since my dates are there would I free dining for my whole vacation?

Also should I change to a deluxe now?? I'm currently at a moderate. Or can I have two packages booked for same time at different hotels??

In order to qualify for free dining your check in date needs to fall in the fd dates.

If I'm staying 11/7 to 11/16y since my dates are there would I free dining for my whole vacation?

Your arrival date must be on one of those dates. If you check in before or after the dates you will not be able to get the free dining.

Your check in date must be included in free dining in order for it to apply to your stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter