• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has already been addressed, but yes! Me too!

Well actually we didn't [see above] :rotfl2:

To get the code, lock onto the disneyworld site and make up a vacation. Put in your dates and choose your resort (package if you want to) and LEAVE IT in your "cart". Then exit. You'll get some reminders from Disney that you haven't completed your order, and then when discounts are released you'll be given a code, in the hopes that you will "complete your order". I frequently play around with pretend vacations this way, and almost always receive codes.

That's not always the way it works either. I am always doing vacation scenarios on the Disney site and still have never received a code of any kind! Never an email to complete my order. Zilch! I guess Disney figures I'm going no matter what so there's no need to give me anything! Which is so true! If I get a discount out there or FD I will definitely grab it! But if not, I'm still going. Love stalking the dis though for FD! Love everyone on here! No nastiness on here! My goal is to get to Disney and have a great time with or without any discounts! Because in the end, I'm in the most magical place on earth!!!

I know this has already been addressed, but yes! Me too!

Well actually we didn't [see above] :rotfl2:

To get the code, lock onto the disneyworld site and make up a vacation. Put in your dates and choose your resort (package if you want to) and LEAVE IT in your "cart". Then exit. You'll get some reminders from Disney that you haven't completed your order, and then when discounts are released you'll be given a code, in the hopes that you will "complete your order". I frequently play around with pretend vacations this way, and almost always receive codes.

This isn't necessarily true. There's no rhyme nor reason to the PIN codes. I play with vacations and have them in my cart all the time. Sometimes I get codes, sometimes I don't. I've gone years without codes and then gotten them when I already had a vacation booked--for the exact time I'm booked! People have been trying to figure out the system for ages and there's no definitive logic as to who gets codes and who doesn't.

We have a shortage of doctors where I live. I'm outside of the city so it's harder for smaller cities, communities to get doctors. Some people don't even have a doctor, they just use the clinics or the hospital.

Ah understood. Thats unfortunate. Something needs to be done to help the provinces retain doctors..not sure what, but it's something that we dont want getting any worse.

Yep.. to confuse things even more, I used to get ALL the codes. Sometimes to both my email and my husbands. Code after code after code. And this went on for years, until it almost stopped. Now I barely get anything. I did get a few emails recently, but they were just for the promo that was on the website already. I don't get much anymore, but that could be because they don't send too many anymore.
I definitely did not get yesterdays codes.

I got yesterdays email as well, however I had no code associated with it. I deleted it as my free quick meal deal is better in any regard.

We're going to be at Disney this fall, but when is up in the air. We are pretty flexible for both Sept & Nov, the when will all depend on the FD dates.

Not booking anything in advance because we are flexible for those 2 months.

If you are going anyways, obviously great to book in advance. If you are depending on FD or your dates are flexible, might be better not to book.

Disney will offer FD for those resorts with dates they need to fill. If the resorts are full for certain dates, clearly they won't be listed in the offer.

Getting stoked! Feel like we are nearing the homestretch.

This isn't necessarily true. There's no rhyme nor reason to the PIN codes. I play with vacations and have them in my cart all the time. Sometimes I get codes, sometimes I don't. I've gone years without codes and then gotten them when I already had a vacation booked--for the exact time I'm booked! People have been trying to figure out the system for ages and there's no definitive logic as to who gets codes and who doesn't.

A couple of times over the last few years, when I haven't been able to find a good discount, I've called and asked about the UOC. Twice I've been told there is one attached to my name (that I knew nothing about) and it has been applied to my trip. The UOC situation remains a mystery to me.

Not sure it's true in all cases, but I was lead to believe (years ago) that the easiest way to get the DV (in the US) is by applying for it @ the Disney Store. From what I understand, it is best to apply in the store for the regular card. Upgrade to the Premium Card at a later date if that is your goal.
I applied numerous times during the past 10 years online @ Disney store and always was denied, a few months ago while checking resort availability I saw the ad for the Disney card and applied again and was approved in 60 seconds and it said I could use it immediately to book my trip.
I'd try doing that if you've been denied before.

Strangely enough, my DH, whose name isn't attatched to anything Disney, (I do all the planning, he's just along for the ride) got yesterdays blank code, and I, who have a few vacations in the cart and am subscribed to everything Disney, do not.

Did anyone received an offer yesterday that actually had a working code attached? Also, it was mentioned on this board that Disney was made aware and that new emails would be coming out. Anyone receive a second email yet?

Last edited:
Did anyone received an offer yesterday that actually had a working code attached? Also, it was mentioned on this board that Disney was made aware and that new emails would be coming out. Anyone receive a second emai, yet?
No second email for me.

I applied numerous times during the past 10 years online @ Disney store and always was denied, a few months ago while checking resort availability I saw the ad for the Disney card and applied again and was approved in 60 seconds and it said I could use it immediately to book my trip.
I'd try doing that if you've been denied before.
I had a similar experience. We didn't apply numerous times, but my mom (who has near perfect credit) and I both applied a few years ago and were denied. I applied in January and was approved in seconds. Maybe they have gotten more lenient in the last couple of years?? Or it's just like everything else Disney does: no rhyme or reason.

Did anyone received an offer yesterday that actually had a working code attached? Also, it was mentioned on this board that Disney was made aware and that new emails would be coming out. Anyone receive a second email yet?

I received an email with a working code yesterday. But we are planning on December so it did not do me any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter