******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on people! If Disney was going to offer free dining for US guests for stays starting APRIL 8, it would already be out there, not to mention that is the beginning of the Easter craziness. Also, US guests can no longer purchase a ticket with just the water park option. Free dining deals for other countries have almost no bearing on what they will offer here.
Disney still offers the Water Park only option for other countries? That's good to know. We have a package booked with that ticket option - booked in January before the tickets changed - and I've been wondering if they will make me change the tickets for FD, which would suck because we definitely will not use PH.

We are going 9/5-9/17 and booked at ASSp. Hoping for free dining. I've seen people mention upgrading to regular dining. Can someone explain what that is and how much it would cost per adult? Thanks.

Kate

Look at the cost of the quick service dining plan versus the cost of the regular dining plan. Do the math, you pay the difference to upgrade. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm#prices2017

The southern part of WVA and most of VA is because of the mountains and semi trucks. It just scares me. Florida is because it is way to much traffic and having to switch lanes too much in the traffic makes me nervous. I like to have plenty of room and time to switch lanes. I also don't like driving at night because my vision is not as good at night.

We drove once from pa and I said never again!
I bought flights last year before FD dropped. I did end up moving one to the day before due to price drop. Which then meant an extra night, but was cheaper then airfare, had a ro discount, told me they couldn't give me FD due to avaialability. After multiple calls, I called after FD sale ended to ask another question and the cm said "I can just make this all one FD reservation". Thank you! Not sure what changed but I appreciated it.
Never had a problem with seating in sw. Last year on the way home, the middle seat in front of me was open. A couple were last on the plane and she refused to sit apart and asked this poor gentlemen to get up and sit next to me in an open seat. So they could sit together. He was a business man with his laptop out. I felt bad. It's was only a 2 hour flight!

Sending pixie dust @ThisleMae!!

we fly southwest lots of time now as they go from Portland Me. I do search Manchester NH and Boston as well but it they are going to cost be $100 or more then Portland I just stick with flying close to home (I can park my car for free at work and 5 min taxi ride to the jetport) I wish they would extend their schedule so I can book my Thanksgiving trip!
We're going from 11/25-12/5! Maybe we'll cross paths...

I'm not familiar with dvc points. What are these ?

All of the villas are part of the Disney Vacation Club, Disney's version of a timeshare. You can book villas if DVC members are not using them, which I assume is what you did. If you booked through Disney you are paying a fortune, but you can possibly get free dining if it is offered for your dates. DVC members rent out their points if they are not using them, MUCH cheaper than booking a villa through Disney but you cannot get free dining if you go this route: https://www.dvcrequest.com/

We drive from SW Indiana. Or I should say, my husband drives. :tongue: He works night shift so he's used to being up all night which works out perfectly. We leave around 9 or 10pm and he drives all night...last trip we ended up arriving in Orlando at about noon the next day.

The southern part of WVA and most of VA is because of the mountains and semi trucks. It just scares me. Florida is because it is way to much traffic and having to switch lanes too much in the traffic makes me nervous. I like to have plenty of room and time to switch lanes. I also don't like driving at night because my vision is not as good at night.
I understand about not wanting to drive through the mountains! I even have to close my eyes sometimes because it makes me nervous even though I'm not driving. My DH is from a very hilly part of BC and laughs at me. We are from the Niagara area of Canada and I'm not used to all of those hills. My kids sure love it though.:teeth:

I understand about not wanting to drive through the mountains! I even have to close my eyes sometimes because it makes me nervous even though I'm not driving. My DH is from a very hilly part of BC and laughs at me. We are from the Niagara area of Canada and I'm not used to all of those hills. My kids sure love it though.:teeth:
We're from Niagara too :). I drove with my parents as a kid, but not as an adult with my own family.

We are booked at the Polynesian in a Standard Room Aug 22-Aug 29th. Are some hotels harder than others to get the FD added? Should I be considering a hotel change??

Also what happens if FD is offered starting Aug 23rd? Can I still add the free dining?

It's a 16 hour drive from Baltimore, provided we don't hit DC rush hour traffic. We do 2 days and stay in Georgia overnight, with plenty of rest stops built in. The kids love it, but my 17 year old is demanding we fly this year so she doesn't have to be stuck in the car with her siblings. I told her she didn't have to go, we would have many more options of places to stay with only 5 people (baby doesn't count)....she didn't like that...

We are booked at the Polynesian in a Standard Room Aug 22-Aug 29th. Are some hotels harder than others to get the FD added? Should I be considering a hotel change??

Also what happens if FD is offered starting Aug 23rd? Can I still add the free dining?
Most deluxes are easier to get I think, and you could alway do a split stay if that occured

I would love to stay at poly , but we have too many people and the villas there are way expensive. I'm staying in a moderate FW cabin for just about the same price as a standard at WL or AKL...

Most deluxes are easier to get I think, and you could alway do a split stay if that occured

If we have to do a split book will the agents help us with that? Also would it affect the rate we are getting already?

What determines which rooms are able to get the FD?

Regarding FD, what has been posted is "if you don't succeed, try, try again." Apparently, some folks were able to get what they wanted a bit later on, after things shake out....but....many still say the 4 a.m. people do have a better chance.

Last year I was unable to get my week at POP and I tried right when it was released and for a couple months after. I was shocked because I've never not been able to get POP.

If we have to do a split book will the agents help us with that? Also would it affect the rate we are getting already?

What determines which rooms are able to get the FD?
Disney has an inventory of rooms that are designated for FD. If you did a split stay, you would do a room only for the first night or so, than you would have to check in again for the FD package on the day it starts during your trip. You can access your tickets from the FD package early, so they can be used during your room only stay. They will try to keep you in the same room, and most likely will, but not guaranteed. You would be starting over with new res so your rates would change from what you have booked now. The disney agents should be able to help you with this.

We pay for early bird and always get A. If we pay and get B, and have to board after family boarding.....that's the last time I will purchase Early Bird.

I agree. I always book right when SW releases for my dates and book early bird at that time and I always get the first A group that is after business boarders. I prefer to pay for early bird to and from MCO that way I don't have to worry about checking in when I'm at the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter