******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're off topic....I always fly SWA and at exactly 24 hours get either the end of A or early B. My children are still little so if we don't get A we family board before B and head to the back of the plane. I've never had a problem not being able to sit together and I don't pay for early check in-even when I fly with just my husband. Although on occasion we do opt to sit apart since DH is 6'5" and likes the emergency row! Lol I know some people don't like people saving seats-so just say someone's sitting there and went to the bathroom! If they're on the plane they're guaranteed a seat-they'll get over it!

My nephew, his girlfriend and four children are all driving down from Maine for Spring Break in April. I could never do it, never mind with kids...I'd be so exhausted, not to mention I don't like riding in cars for more than 3 hours tops. But I understand the saving money thing...that's why they are doing it. God Bless them Every One!
I'm with you! I'd rather fly anywhere then drive! Especially here on Long Island! It's takes 3 hours to go 70 miles just to get to freaking New Jersey in traffic sometimes! no way would I last in a car ride to Florida!

We drive 17 hours from Missouri. It's part of our Disney tradition. We love to load in the car super early in the morning, all the snacks we pass around throughout the day, passing through the Smoky Mountains, and the many silly memories we've made when we're punch drunk. The drive is all part of the fun and excitement for us.
My kids think of it as a mini trip before the vacation starts.:) We don't get fast food very often so they love getting to eat fast food, play car games and when they start to drive each other crazy they can watch a DVD, read or play with their electronics.:teeth: It's much easier to drive that far than when I was little. My parents would take us to Disney and pull along our camper and we would stay at Fort Wilderness. My brother and I loved it for the first half of the trip but by the second half we were drawing that imaginary line in the back seat that we weren't supposed to cross. One of us would always end up sticking our hand over the line to annoy the other one! My poor parents!:p

Last edited:
I will buy the ffifth adult EB.Problem is me and kids got our EB morning flights released about a month ago.The adult wont be buying flight till April once FD dates are known.So we will be boarding different groups anyways and issue of saving seat still there....right?

You can all wait and board with the latest number. That will assure you're all together.

I JUST LOST MY WATER! Ugh! Have to dip into my vacation fund to replace the water pump....$ 1200.00 of unexpected pleasure! I could get lucky and it may only be the box, but you know how this goes, it's probably the pump. Won't know till tomorrow. I need a little of this: pixiedust:

I would do it in two days. Come on, you can do it.

:rotfl:

That was the original plan, leave Saturday morning, get there Sunday afternoon. But we decided to leave Friday evening, drive a few hours and stop, then drive 11-12 hours (to Tallahassee) Saturday and stop. That puts us at the resort at least 3 hours earlier Sunday and a little more rested.

:rotfl:

That was the original plan, leave Saturday morning, get there Sunday afternoon. But we decided to leave Friday evening, drive a few hours and stop, then drive 11-12 hours (to Tallahassee) Saturday and stop. That puts us at the resort at least 3 hours earlier Sunday and a little more rested.
Well then that is a good call. I would probably be so jacked that I would just drive through Friday night.

I JUST LOST MY WATER! Ugh! Have to dip into my vacation fund to replace the water pump....$ 1200.00 of unexpected pleasure! I could get lucky and it may only be the box, but you know how this goes, it's probably the pump. Won't know till tomorrow. I need a little of this: pixiedust:

For a second I thought you were having a baby!! :) Good luck, I hope it won't be worst case scenario for you!

Sending pixie dust @ThisleMae!!

we fly southwest lots of time now as they go from Portland Me. I do search Manchester NH and Boston as well but it they are going to cost be $100 or more then Portland I just stick with flying close to home (I can park my car for free at work and 5 min taxi ride to the jetport) I wish they would extend their schedule so I can book my Thanksgiving trip!

We love Southwest but they are just not giving me what I need to see in price this year! Looks like we will end up with either American or United.

For comparison I looked up how long it would take for us to drive.... 27 hours!!! o_O It would take us longer to drive back and forth (from Denver) than we would be in Disney!! No thank you, I will just continue my obsessive stalking of Skiplagged!

:offtopic: I just got a Disney Vacation club flyer in the mail...I was hoping it was a pin code! Oh well! I guess that they see I go every year and are getting sick of giving me free food! Haha. I've crunched the numbers though and DVC just doesn't make sense for us especially if I can keep getting FD! Plus DH considers Disney his "cheap" third child! I'm allowed to keep going back as long as I don't "go for the girl"! lol it's not easy being the only princess but at least I get to go to WDW each year to be with my people! princess:

Hope it's an easy fix!

pixiedust:

Anyone have the time (and knowledge or ability to google search...lol) to post a "here's what we know". Including last years promo dates, resorts included/excluded, release date, bounce back offers, etc as a point of reference and discussion?

mousesavers.com has all kinds of historical dara

We drive from North East Ohio. With stops along the way for food and such it is about 24 hours to drive. We used to drive all the way though. It is 2 adults and 2 kids. Thankfully the kids do really good in the car. This last trip I gave my husband areas I will not drive. I will not drive in Va or Florida and parts of WVA. We decided to stop at a city right before Jacksonville Florida and then drive the rest the next day. It was much better this way.

Great info. Any idea what resorts were lingering on? We love Pop, but would be willing to move to another value. Not really able to move to moderate or above this go round...

Just remember with a value resort you will get the quick service dining plan for free. If you want to upgrade to the regular dining plan you can pay the difference. If you stay moderate you get the regular dining plan free, that is why many people upgrade and moderate resorts can be hard to book with free dining. As for value resorts you should be okay with Pop, the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are never included in free dining, and All Star Movies is sometimes exempt as well.

We drive from North East Ohio. With stops along the way for food and such it is about 24 hours to drive. We used to drive all the way though. It is 2 adults and 2 kids. Thankfully the kids do really good in the car. This last trip I gave my husband areas I will not drive. I will not drive in Va or Florida and parts of WVA. We decided to stop at a city right before Jacksonville Florida and then drive the rest the next day. It was much better this way.[/QUOTE

Why do you refuse to drive in certain states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter