******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not new to Disney, but I am new to posting on this board. Does someone with insider info typically post the release date somewhere? If so, where? We're going regardless 9/1-10, but would love to have free dining! Last time we went in September we just kind of fell into it, which was nice.
These are our back up travel dates! Hoping to go on November but if FD isn't available will travel 91-910 too! *banana*

Sorry if this has been said I've read most of the thread been lurking for a while now. It is my understanding that if you have magical express or memory maker on your package you will not be able to change your reservation and will have to call. So you should wait to add those till later.
We always have MDE & MM and haven't had issues before - can anyone confirm / has anyone had this issue before?
*edited to add - we have Disney Visa for the sole purpose of getting a head start of deals & thus have been lucky enough to get FD offer either on BB OR ahead of the GP release

Maybe if we make any changes like adding or taking something away they take away our button!:p

I think it is that. I just cancelled my reservation and made a new one, and modify is back. I think you get one shot to modify. I won't add my tickets or make any changes until after free dining is released I guess.

This is my theory, also. I have two reservations. One is a room only for one night, the other is a package for 7 nights. I didn't have my flights booked when making the reservations, so I hadn't added Magical Express. I modified the package to add it and "Poof" the change button is gone. It is still there for the other reservation.

I made a reservation. Haven't modified anything. Haven't added Magical Express info. Haven't added Memory Maker. Bought a package, so didn't add tickets.

And I don't have a modify button.

Well, this ruins my theory. Haha!! Unless, are you just looking at the app? I have read that the app doesn't show Change or Cancel. (Just trying to defend my theory! LOL) I really think it's random.

I changed my package from standard dining to deluxe and I've had the modify button until the last week or so?......made the dining change in January?

Did you make it online?
I know with my old reservation I definitely had one until I added hoppers to my tickets and then poof, modify was gone. Cancel was still there though. There might be no rhyme or reason. When I spoke to a phone CM about it she said that Disney was "making some changes and it should come back at some point." I assumed it was a fancy way of saying "I have absolutely no clue why you don't have a modify button".:rolleyes:

Yep, I made it online. Have made no changes to it. Can cancel online, but no modify button.

This is my theory, also. I have two reservations. One is a room only for one night, the other is a package for 7 nights. I didn't have my flights booked when making the reservations, so I hadn't added Magical Express. I modified the package to add it and "Poof" the change button is gone. It is still there for the other reservation.

Well, this ruins my theory. Haha!! Unless, are you just looking at the app? I have read that the app doesn't show Change or Cancel. (Just trying to defend my theory! LOL) I really think it's random.

Nope, not on the app. Always online. Sorry--think I've still disproved your theory!

I'm fully prepared to adjust dates and/or resorts to get free dining.
Seems like last year Pop century had quite a bit of availability for quite a long time after they were released (ya know when I kept stalking it because I was depressed that I couldn't go last year :sad:) . We stayed there in 2015 and really loved it. I wanted to try Caribbean Beach because of the larger beds. So I have Pop reserved as a back up plan and if none of that works then I will probably end up going on a shorter trip. But here's hoping it works out for us
pixiedust:

Not all of September had availability at POP, our week didn't and we had to switch resorts. I was on right at 7am and already completely booked. We went at the end of September.

Anyone know how the FD dates have historically stacked up against the Bounce Back FD dates?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but there's 34 pages, lol. Usually the General public dates are close if not the same as the BB and the BB for this fall was only for Sept 1-9 and then excluded the remainder of September, October and November with some dates in December. It also included a week in May, June, July and August. It also required a min 3 night stay with park hopper or water park n more option. The dates and rooms are getting less and less every year so IF it is released this year I believe it will be extremely limited. I'm hoping for it just not expecting it and not booking my trip based on it.

I really wish people would stop "pre-booking" their vacation in anticipation of a Free Dining announcemento_O Many have clearly pointed out that doing so will NOT guarantee you'll have free dining and if offered one would have to cancel their current resie and book another vacation (…):confused3 At this time of year, I couldn't even find a standard room at the CBR for a stay in early December. I chatted with Colette on the Disney website and was told that the reason for that is that people are booking in anticipation of a possible Free Dining offer

I really wish people would stop "pre-booking" their vacation in anticipation of a Free Dining announcemento_O Many have clearly pointed out that doing so will NOT guarantee you'll have free dining and if offered one would have to cancel their current resie and book another vacation (…):confused3 At this time of year, I couldn't even find a standard room at the CBR for a stay in early December. I chatted with Colette on the Disney website and was told that the reason for that is that people are booking in anticipation of a possible Free Dining offer

Exactly this. The purpose of FD is to fill the rooms but if everyone is booking then the rooms are filled and they won't need to release the FD. Honestly I'm actually shocked it has lasted this long anyways, it was never meant to be a permanent promo, it was released when SARS was stopping everyone from travelling and they needed to get visitors.

The 180 days out for a lot of people going in September are this month as well so that could be why people are starting to book. I'm going regardless of free dining and booked the day packages were released. If free dining comes out I may not have to cancel my current reservation if the modify button shows back up on MDE. I'm prepared to book a new reservation if it doesn't and call in after the chaos to hopefully transfer the deposit on my current reservation.

We've also booked at CBR to take advantage of the 75$/night gift card. I'll be going for 10 nights in September and 750$ of Disney money is fine with me. My dates are flexible so if FD should be released I'll be doing exact what annoys you. Cancelling and rebooking

The 180 days out for a lot of people going in September are this month as well so that could be why people are starting to book. I'm going regardless of free dining and booked the day packages were released. If free dining comes out I may not have to cancel my current reservation if the modify button shows back up on MDE. I'm prepared to book a new reservation if it doesn't and call in after the chaos to hopefully transfer the deposit on my current reservation.

They don't transfer the deposit, they refund it. Unless they change it for this year but in the past you had to pay the deposit on the new ressie and be refunded the old one.

They don't transfer the deposit, they refund it. Unless they change it for this year but in the past you had to pay the deposit on the new ressie and be refunded the old one.
The last time I booked ahead they were able to transfer my deposit when the promo came out. I had booked using my disney visa and changed to free dining when they released to visa holders and they just applied my deposit that was already made, no additional one needed. This was 3 years ago though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter