******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please....We are staying at CBR in August 20-25, 2017. Received the $75 gift card offer yesterday. I booked a package in Feb 2017 that includes the Quick Service Dining Plan. If Disney puts out Free Dining, would I be able to switch to Free Dining? Should I edit the reservation and cancel the Dining Plan in hopes of FD coming out?

Somebody posted earlier on this thread (I think it was) that they didn't think FD would be offered at CBR since that resort is getting the gift cards. Makes sense to me but I really have no idea.

I have a question. On My Reservations page on MDE there is no option to change or modify the reservation, and I know it's been there in the past. We called in and a CM told us that we'd have to call to make any changes to an existing reservation. Has anyone had that problem before or was this particular CM wrong?

I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row in case I'm eligible for free dining! Last year I couldn't modify online and was on hold for ages before finally getting a CM and I was kind of hoping to avoid that this year, lol.

I have a question. On My Reservations page on MDE there is no option to change or modify the reservation, and I know it's been there in the past. We called in and a CM told us that we'd have to call to make any changes to an existing reservation. Has anyone had that problem before or was this particular CM wrong?

I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row in case I'm eligible for free dining! Last year I couldn't modify online and was on hold for ages before finally getting a CM and I was kind of hoping to avoid that this year, lol.
Mine was there and disappeared. I don't know if the "Modify" button disappeared because I used it once already to change my ticket selection, or if it just disappeared, but it's gone. Which stinks, because I will likely have to book a whole new reservation on release day. I don't want to cancel what I have though, because there aren't any Standard rooms at CBR left for my dates and if free dining isn't released I will at least have the $75 gift card promo.

Unless they changed it last year, that's not totally accurate. In 2015, I had booked my original reservation with my Disney VISA, and was able to just change my reservation online the morning free dining opened up to VISA holders. Didn't have to call anyone.

In order to change in online:
1. Would it have to be through my Disney experience?
2. If so, where can I change it in the app?
3. And I can add free dining to my reservation?
4. What time am I able to update on my reservation they day it's available?
5. Am I asking too many questions?

Thank you! This is so exciting! I don't have a Disney reservation yet. . . we actually have one for August 18-23 at Universal RPR. DH is against going to WDW again this year unless it involves FD, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Will cancel Universal and switch to Disney if FD comes out for Disney Visa cardholders for those dates. The whole new Fast Pass + system kind of made him grumpy LOL. Of course we went at Easter-time (super busy) last year. I win either way. . . I'm just excited for a vacation as NY winter weather is soooo long!
That's a great back-up plan. I wonder if other folks are doing something similar?

In order to change in online:
1. Would it have to be through my Disney experience?
2. If so, where can I change it in the app?
3. And I can add free dining to my reservation?
4. What time am I able to update on my reservation they day it's available?
5. Am I asking too many questions?
1) yes
2) It cant be done through the app- but you can open an internet browser on your phone and do it that way.
3) anytime after 12am!! (as soon as you see it posted on the website) #teamnosleep
4) never :)

Question-maybe this doesn't belong here, but I am sure someone knows the answer :)
I have a 2 bedroom at OKW booked now- if/when I can modify online and add FD- if my room isnt avail and i end up cancelling my 2 bedroom at okw, I'll take 3 rooms basically anywhere lol.
Can I book 3 rooms under my name in one transaction online?

1) yes
2) It cant be done through the app- but you can open an internet browser on your phone and do it that way.
3) anytime after 12am!! (as soon as you see it posted on the website) #teamnosleep
4) never :)

Awesome! Thank you!

I love this thread every year. I haven't booked free dining for a few years now, but still follow along with all of you since I miss the excitement. I spent many years stalking, waiting, then frantically booking online or waiting on hold with all of you. The last year we booked I remember staying up all night on these boards having a blast. Crossing my fingers for all of you trying, hoping they don't throw another upcharge at you to get it. I know for us, the addition of the hoppers and more expensive room availability only, made it not that great of a deal anymore. But once we bought DVC, the first thing I said to DH was, oh no, I will miss the free dining excitement every march-April now. Good luck everyone pixiedust:

I love this thread every year. I haven't booked free dining for a few years now, but still follow along with all of you since I miss the excitement. I spent many years stalking, waiting, then frantically booking online or waiting on hold with all of you. The last year we booked I remember staying up all night on these boards having a blast. Crossing my fingers for all of you trying, hoping they don't throw another upcharge at you to get it. I know for us, the addition of the hoppers and more expensive room availability only, made it not that great of a deal anymore. But once we bought DVC, the first thing I said to DH was, oh no, I will miss the free dining excitement every march-April now. Good luck everyone pixiedust:
I remember you last year on the FD thread!:wave2: I was there too although I was CandiceF last year (my kids voted to change my unoriginal name, LOL).:teeth: I think this thread helps us from driving our families crazy with Disney talk!

If I remember correctly, it wasn't anytime after midnight last year, but around 4 a.m. Anyone out there who actually did it before 4 a.m. last year?
I read through that thread pretty thoroughly and it was definitely 4a.m.
If it's the same this year, the plan is to pull an all nighter with you fine folks and then be a zombie for the next day. :faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter