******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to modify my existing reservation for WL when the free dining dropped. I would keep checking daily it might open up. I noticed you said WL is your fave resort, I've never been there but my husband has his heart set on it. Could you tell me what you like about it? I'm having trouble getting on board with it because it is not really my style.

I stayed at WL. I liked the proximity to MK and the tranquil atmosphere of the resort. The lobby is very relaxing. Everything is close by. It's a quaint resort.

I have been struggling with same decisions!!! Except there's 5 of us so CBR is the cheapest. I also have 2 rooms at ASSports and a suite at music. I'm nervous about noise and buses but I might go with the value because it gives us more space and 2 bathrooms. I still might stick with cbr though because it is less expensive and its where we stayed before and loved it.........I reserved mine 11/25-12/02.....but it seems like that might be a busier time this year. I've seen a ton of people on hear going that week and the crowd calanders look better for 12/8-15 so I've been looking to switch to that. Decisions decisions! Good luck

We went last year for 2 weeks at this time. It was busy, but mostly manageable. MK on the middle Saturday was VERY busy. Scary busy! We are going back this year for 2 weeks, same time frame, Nov 25th-Dec 9th. I know it is a different ballgame this year with capacity at the moderates but I have to say for months now (and following FD release) we have noticed significantly less availability and are thinking that it is going to be a lot busier. I am only basing this on our experiences last year and my own 'stalking' of the website to check for availability.

We are also going after thanksgiving...11/26-12/6. I remember when this time used to be so slow, you could walk right on rides and stay on for an extra ride. Not anymore...I don't think that happens at any time now in WDW. It's a shame though. Just hoping crowds are manageable, and we'll have a good plan and lots of FPs, so we should be fine. It's those people who just show up with no planning who are going to have to wait in long lines and be miserable.

You did not ask me but I have been to WL before and I am going this August again. Wilderness hits you when you first walk in through the resort doors. The lobby is massive like GF but of course in the Great North West feel. What I like is if you book a room there you are in the main hotel unlike GF where you most likely are in an outside building. That is really nice because you are not out in the elements (rain, heat) until you go out to the transportation. Busses are right a short walk down a hall off the main lobby.

Speaking of Lobby again there many very comfortable seats and you can sink in and you naturally look up to the vaulted ceiling and just relax.

The boat ride to MK is very convenient and fits in very well to the theme. It just feels right. The pool is right in the center of the hotel so there is no long walk from the inside to get to it. Artist's Point is a very nice restaurant and Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun for kids (and adults).

I like the room size and the decor is fun and very in keeping with the theme. I would say it is a great hotel especially for kids. It is just very large feeling but still all compact in a way. Lastly the landscaping is amazing you really do not feel like you are in Florida (of course we are going in August so no escaping the heat). I have not been to the new pool but I hear it is great. They also added another outdoor restaurant that looks very nice.
Thanks so much! This makes me feel a lot better about it.

I stayed at WL. I liked the proximity to MK and the tranquil atmosphere of the resort. The lobby is very relaxing. Everything is close by. It's a quaint resort.
So far I haven't seen anyone say they didn't like it so I guess that's a good sign.

Two different packages. We have one for M Melrose Fantasmic! (our preference), but just booked the new Pixar package at H & V. I know my mother will want to see the concert and I don't know how difficult it will be to get seating with only 3 performances.

Is this going to run into September? It's gray'd out??

I joined to ask one question. Who is going 9/9-9/16? We are booked in a room at AS Sports now from 9/30-10/6. Im worried about crowds and weather. I am looking to switch because it would be $250 cheaper and I could add an additional day if I wanted for just $31 more than I'm paying now. It would still be sports. I know its height of hurricane season and its hot. What would you do? This would also mean giving up all my ADRS including a BOG.
We have gone over 4 times in September and have never had weather issues, it can be hot though if you are not used to heat and humidity but Disney is great at over air conditioning all stores restaurants and indoor theatres so there is always someplace to cool off

We went last year for 2 weeks at this time. It was busy, but mostly manageable. MK on the middle Saturday was VERY busy. Scary busy! We are going back this year for 2 weeks, same time frame, Nov 25th-Dec 9th. I know it is a different ballgame this year with capacity at the moderates but I have to say for months now (and following FD release) we have noticed significantly less availability and are thinking that it is going to be a lot busier. I am only basing this on our experiences last year and my own 'stalking' of the website to check for availability.

Did you feel like there was a difference in crowds for the first week of your stay? Or was it consistent? Thanks!!

We are also going after thanksgiving...11/26-12/6. I remember when this time used to be so slow, you could walk right on rides and stay on for an extra ride. Not anymore...I don't think that happens at any time now in WDW. It's a shame though. Just hoping crowds are manageable, and we'll have a good plan and lots of FPs, so we should be fine. It's those people who just show up with no planning who are going to have to wait in long lines and be miserable.

The only time we've been to Disney was in September 2013, we did not use or need fatpasses. I'm pretty nervous about the planning for the crowds, so I'm stalking all these threads lol. We will just be so excited to be there, I know I can stop stressing, but I don't lol

Slightly off topic-
We have 12/8-14 at AS SP, free dining!
I'd like to book an additional night, last night at a mod or deluxe taking advantage of the 35-40% military discount!
Which deluxe or mod would you choose? We've only stayed at values. Our little group is myself, my teen son, and teen daughter; and maybe my mom.

The only time we've been to Disney was in September 2013, we did not use or need fatpasses. I'm pretty nervous about the planning for the crowds, so I'm stalking all these threads lol. We will just be so excited to be there, I know I can stop stressing, but I don't lol
We go each September and I will say the crowds have grown substantially since 2013 but are still good compared to other times.

That being said, the days of not needing FPs and walking onto rides don't seen to exist any longer except possibly at rope drop.

Still a great time to go though!

Slightly off topic-
We have 12/8-14 at AS SP, free dining!
I'd like to book an additional night, last night at a mod or deluxe taking advantage of the 35-40% military discount!
Which deluxe or mod would you choose? We've only stayed at values. Our little group is myself, my teen son, and teen daughter; and maybe my mom.

My dream resorts (we always stay at Pop and are very happy there) are AKL for Deluxe and POR for Moderate.

Last year was the first year we went the week after. Other times we have gone the week before thanksgiving or September. We felt it was much slower the week after.

ok, I'm kind of freaking out. We had a reservation booked for POR but at the last minute changed to Poly because it is one of our dream resorts, and we won't be able to go back to Disney for a long time. I've just read a bunch of bad reviews from TripAdvisor (kicking myself for reading them). Please, someone tell me I didn't make a huge ($) mistake!!!

ok, I'm kind of freaking out. We had a reservation booked for POR but at the last minute changed to Poly because it is one of our dream resorts, and we won't be able to go back to Disney for a long time. I've just read a bunch of bad reviews from TripAdvisor (kicking myself for reading them). Please, someone tell me I didn't make a huge ($) mistake!!!

We love the Poly to the point where we won't stay anywhere else. In fact, I couldn't get FD at the Poly for our November trip, but we're still not changing. There has been a lot of drama with the pool over the last year - is that what the bad reviews are about? Seriously, you'll love it.

Stayed poly last year and loved it. It was an amazing resort. I'm staying BC this year and am a little worried I won't like it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter