******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question.. We are currently booked for 10 nights at a mod with a package. At dinner tonight we all decided to stay at Universal the first 2 nights . So am I able to modify to a free dining package while dropping two nights off my current package? I would like to wait until Free Dining release day, because I don't want to lose the modify button by doing it now.

If I won't be able to go down to 8 days from 10 AND add free dining on release day in one transaction then I might as well rebook now.

I wasn't planning on joining in this year, but I just can not stay away. It is DH and Mine 15 year anniversary this October. If I could snag FD at a value resort we might be able go and celebrate. We went for our honeymoon and I ended up incredibly sick, so sick we had to leave early and could not even take a plane back home. So I would love a redo.
Congratulations on your aniversary, it's my 15th wedding aniversary this october too. And we went for our honeymoon too. Lol. Sorry you got sick. Hope you can go this year to celebrate :love:

My wife and I are anxiously awaiting the release of free dining as well. Hoping to snag a suite at Art of Animation before our youngest child turns three and we can no longer officially fit in the suites. :-) We got it last time we went, so here's hoping. And last time, I drank way too much soda and got a kidney stone during our trip! Hoping to avoid that this time. :-)

A question.. We are currently booked for 10 nights at a mod with a package. At dinner tonight we all decided to stay at Universal the first 2 nights . So am I able to modify to a free dining package while dropping two nights off my current package? I would like to wait until Free Dining release day, because I don't want to lose the modify button by doing it now.

If I won't be able to go down to 8 days from 10 AND add free dining on release day in one transaction then I might as well rebook now.

Personally, I would wait. You should be able to go down in nights with no problem.

The reason I say wait is we don't have the dates yet. This would be crazy, but what if they offer only one week in August, and the last day of that week is one of the nights you want to do Universal? Wouldn't you want to then begin at Disney and have free dining and end at Universal when there is no free dining?

I know that's what the CM told you today, but having the dining package in advance or not really has nothing to do with getting the Free Dining, or modifying to a Free Dining package.

Just in case anyone else reads this and thinks they have to add it now!

I thought that might be the case, but I didn't want to chance it, figuring the CM knew more than me. I had never heard that before and I've tried to read everything I can on the subject.

Congratulations on your aniversary, it's my 15th wedding aniversary this october too. And we went for our honeymoon too. Lol. Sorry you got sick. Hope you can go this year to celebrate :love:
Thank you. October is a great month to get married. Congrats to you too!!

I wasn't planning on joining in this year, but I just can not stay away. It is DH and Mine 15 year anniversary this October. If I could snag FD at a value resort we might be able go and celebrate. We went for our honeymoon and I ended up incredibly sick, so sick we had to leave early and could not even take a plane back home. So I would love a redo.
Congrats on your anniversary! October is a great month to be married in! Ours is also in October and it will be 10 years!

Personally, I would wait. You should be able to go down in nights with no problem.

The reason I say wait is we don't have the dates yet. This would be crazy, but what if they offer only one week in August, and the last day of that week is one of the nights you want to do Universal? Wouldn't you want to then begin at Disney and have free dining and end at Universal when there is no free dining?
That makes perfect sense. I hadn't even considered that the offer dates might switch things around. I'll leave it as is for now. Even if I can't modify when the offer comes out, I can book a new reservation and cancel the current one right away.
Thank you. :)

Awe.....that's too bad. Here's some fairy dust for this year!pixiedust:

My wife and I are anxiously awaiting the release of free dining as well. Hoping to snag a suite at Art of Animation before our youngest child turns three and we can no longer officially fit in the suites. :-) We got it last time we went, so here's hoping. And last time, I drank way too much soda and got a kidney stone during our trip! Hoping to avoid that this time. :-)
OMG...that's awful....hope things go your way this year!

I had a question since you guys might know. Big if's here, but if they have FD available for the dates we can go in October and if we can get CBR and they're still offering the gift card deal DH and I talked about using the gift cards we received towards upgrading our tickets to annual passes. If we go again I know we'd be looking into memory maker. I know it's included with annual passes. Does anyone happen to know would that be available as soon as we upgraded if we went that route?

He says the rumors are FD being offered this month!

Any rumor of what time frame the offer will cover? What I'm hearing is really, really slim. Pretty much follows the BB offer. Some of August, first week or so of September, none of October, hardly any November, and a little December. Anybody hearing anything else?

Where is that on DAD's page, couldn't find it.
It was in an email he sent me, see below:

"Rumors are swirling that Disney is going to release FREE Dining this month. THIS MONTH. Like March. Like any day. I saw one just last night.

I don't believe it, but I can't ignore it either. I actually wish they would. That would catch everyone off guard and maybe the promotion wouldn't be so crazy. (Yeah right.)

The same rumor I saw last night had some really squirrelly dates in it. Like nothing in September at all. If that happens I'll eat my latest crowd calendar. (It's digital so it won't taste too bad.)"

I had a question since you guys might know. Big if's here, but if they have FD available for the dates we can go in October and if we can get CBR and they're still offering the gift card deal DH and I talked about using the gift cards we received towards upgrading our tickets to annual passes. If we go again I know we'd be looking into memory maker. I know it's included with annual passes. Does anyone happen to know would that be available as soon as we upgraded if we went that route?
Yes, memory maker will be available to you when you upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter