• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We did the Pirates league this morning and it took almost an hour. BTW- I had read that they did a photograph in the secret room or something but they didn't do any photos earlier
It took an hour or like you waited 30 min and then it took 30 min?
My hope is if we show up before 4:30 and they say they're running 20-30 min behind they'll let us run and do our Peter Pan FP and come back...

A week from tomorrow I'll be at my first MNSSHP with my 3 year old DS.
He's a night owl so he may make it to the end and I think I'll bring a stroller in case he's tired.
I have a Wendy costume and my son will be a pirate.
I have a general plan but am going to try and stay flexible and follow his lead. This hopefully will not be our last party!

We have 4:30 Pirates League.
Then planning to do some rides, have a chicken waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow, meet Cinderella and Aurora (before she leaves fairytale hall. My son loves her!)

Right before party starts maybe line up for Pooh and friends if my son is interested.
If possible also meet Daisy/Donald/Minnie and Belle/Gaston.
Do rides in FL.
Then head over towards Diamond Horshoe area to get spot for first parade (what time do we need to arrive? 7:45? 8?)
Then do Adventureland rides and maybe meet Tarzan etc, Aladdin etc, and/or Captain Jack.
Try to catch Cadaver Dans!
Then head towards hub for Celebrate the Magic/fireworks.
After snack at Main St Bakery.
Head to Tomorrowland for rides and trick or treating.
Maybe back to FL?
Oh and of course need to ride Haunted Mansion during party so will sneek that in somewhere!
Maybe catch a Hocus Pocus show but not sure it will hold DS's interest.
Maybe meet Mickey on our way out.

How does the plan sound?

I decided to not even try for Jack/Sally or Dwarves. No way will my son wait over an hour. Maybe when he's older!

I will print off my confirmation that Disney sent when I got tickets to MNSSHP, but they will scan my magic band when I go sign in and get wristband, right? I will be in the park already that day.

I sent two emails on the 6th (as we were driving back home) and another one on the 7th. I haven't heard anything yet either.

All I did was call on Sunday, Oct 9, from our room at the Airport Hyatt. (Our Sat flight was cancelled and we couldn't get another until Monday morning). The CM told me it might be 7-10 days for it to go through. On Thursday I got an alert from my CC company saying a large credit was posted to my account.

Hoping to go on the 27th. Haven't bought tickets yet, just going to play it by ear & see how the trip is going to see if this will work into the plans or not. Love seeing all of the pictures. Keep them coming!

Hi guys!! Can I get some pointers on my plan for tomorrow (Oct 16th)? Most concerned about when 7 dwarves come out.

4-530 - Rides/Snacks
5:30- In Line for 7 Dwarves (start meeting at 620?)
6:30-7:00 - Half of group to Fairytale Hall, other half to Donald & Daisy (can we line up before 7?)
8:00 - Trick or treating in tomorrowland, Meet Lotso
8:30 - Trick or Treat in Adventureland & Frontierland. Meet Tarzan / Jane if line is short.
9:45 - get spot for castle show and fireworks
10:00 - Celebrate the Magic
10:15 - Fireworks
10:40 - Hocus Pcus
10:45 - Get spot for 2nd parade (should we sit in frotnierland or main street? When does the 2nd parade arrive to main street?)
11:35 - Head to Seven Dwarves Mine Train OR Tweedles
12:00 Hocus Pocus again? (or if earlier enough, meet Mickey)

Thanks everyone!!

Hi guys!! Can I get some pointers on my plan for tomorrow (Oct 16th)? Most concerned about when 7 dwarves come out.

4-530 - Rides/Snacks
5:30- In Line for 7 Dwarves (start meeting at 620?)
6:30-7:00 - Half of group to Fairytale Hall, other half to Donald & Daisy (can we line up before 7?)
8:00 - Trick or treating in tomorrowland, Meet Lotso
8:30 - Trick or Treat in Adventureland & Frontierland. Meet Tarzan / Jane if line is short.
9:45 - get spot for castle show and fireworks
10:00 - Celebrate the Magic
10:15 - Fireworks
10:40 - Hocus Pcus
10:45 - Get spot for 2nd parade (should we sit in frotnierland or main street? When does the 2nd parade arrive to main street?)
11:35 - Head to Seven Dwarves Mine Train OR Tweedles
12:00 Hocus Pocus again? (or if earlier enough, meet Mickey)

Thanks everyone!!

I'd be in line for the Dwarves around 5. I think the flood of people usually starts around 510-515, you'll be behind a lot of people if you wait until 530. I think they start to meet more towards 615.

Yes you can line up before 7 for Donald and Daisy.

I like Frontierland for the parade. I think the atmosphere is a bit spookier and better. The parade starts in Frontierland so it doesn't get to the end of Main Street for another 15+ minutes.

Here's what I got done at Last Friday'S (Oct 14th party.

I didn't get inside the magic kingdom until about 7:15. Not sure if exact times but this is the order I did everything.

Trick or Treating
Pooh and friends
Mine Train
Goofy
Barnstormer
Trick or Treating
7 Dwarves
Cruella
Celebrate the Magic
Hallowishes
Haunted Mansion
Trick or Treating
Boo to You
Jack and Sally
Hocus Pocus

I'd say I got a lot done and hit all the big things mostly.

Here's what I got done at Last Friday'S (Oct 14th party.

I didn't get inside the magic kingdom until about 7:15. Not sure if exact times but this is the order I did everything.

Trick or Treating
Pooh and friends
Mine Train
Goofy
Barnstormer
Trick or Treating
7 Dwarves
Cruella
Celebrate the Magic
Hallowishes
Haunted Mansion
Trick or Treating
Boo to You
Jack and Sally
Hocus Pocus

I'd say I got a lot done and hit all the big things mostly.

That seems like a pretty good list for not even getting there till after 7pm. Its encouraging! I still need to sit down and make our plan for the 23rd. Hoping to get checked in and out the door early enough to hop over and ride FEA and new Soarin' before going to the party. Its going to be a busy first day.

It took an hour or like you waited 30 min and then it took 30 min?
My hope is if we show up before 4:30 and they say they're running 20-30 min behind they'll let us run and do our Peter Pan FP and come back...
Sorry. I've been driving back home so this is the first time I saw this. We arrived about 10min before our appt and they did the name thing and then we waited for them to call us. Total time was about an hour with waiting. We didn't wait long though. My daughter was an empress however which really only requires eye makeup, nails and glitter. I saw kids getting the full facial makeup and I don't know if that takes any longer but it looked cool!

Last edited:
I wanted to come back and post that we received our refund for the cancelled Oct 6th party. I contacted them the evening of Oct 6th, received an email on Oct 12th and a refund appeared on my AmEx on Oct 14th. Very easy, painless and timely refund.

Had a blast at Friday's party. Crowd wasn't bad at all! Wristband location at Tortuga opened at 3:51pm and headed to Jack and Sally right after. We were about the 10th group for them. 2nd in line for Aladdin and Abu and had 22 pics in their session, as we sent the kids first before jumping in for a couple of pics. Got right back in line hoping to be up again after the switch and we timed it perfectly to be 2nd for Jasmine and Genie. We were done with both sets well before 8, and I think Jafar was done before 8, too. If not before, very soon after, and that was even after he stepped away for a short break. The rest of the night was trick or treating, meeting up with various family members and doing the dance party, fireworks, 2nd parade and midnight show. Didn't get the magic shots during the party, but did the the apple shot at DHS earlier in the week. About 2 hours from home now. Exhausted, but worth it! Here are some pics. They were too large to post individually. LolIMG_4551.JPG

Had a blast at Friday's party. Crowd wasn't bad at all! Wristband location at Tortuga opened at 3:51pm and headed to Jack and Sally right after. We were about the 10th group for them. View attachment 201463
Sounds like a great time and you got some great photos! Happy to hear that Tortuga location is opening a little early so that we can hop into J&S along with those coming in early from the gate. We'll be there in 1 week. Can't wait!

Had a blast at Friday's party. Crowd wasn't bad at all! Wristband location at Tortuga opened at 3:51pm and headed to Jack and Sally right after. We were about the 10th group for them. 2nd in line for Aladdin and Abu and had 22 pics in their session, as we sent the kids first before jumping in for a couple of pics. Got right back in line hoping to be up again after the switch and we timed it perfectly to be 2nd for Jasmine and Genie. We were done with both sets well before 8, and I think Jafar was done before 8, too. If not before, very soon after, and that was even after he stepped away for a short break. The rest of the night was trick or treating, meeting up with various family members and doing the dance party, fireworks, 2nd parade and midnight show. Didn't get the magic shots during the party, but did the the apple shot at DHS earlier in the week. About 2 hours from home now. Exhausted, but worth it! Here are some pics. They were too large to post individually. Lol
Great disneybounding costumes! Sounds like a fun party!

I originally posted my itinerary last week and figured it was a little heavy to begin with. However we did get a lot of it accomplished and some other things I didn't expect to do. The following we accomplished between the hours of 3:45-12:25 on October 14th. We Got my Bday pin and MNSSHP card and a couple more packs of sotmk. Then we got our bags and treat packages and we took in about 7lbs of loot by TOT thru the night. Then we saw great moments in Muppet history. We FP+ PP, Space Mtn, and Jungle cruise. Then we Rode Iasw, pooh, buzz, POTC, HM, LM, SPmtn, TTA and SDMT. We had m&g cruella de vil. We accomplished several magic shots that included the Floating Tombstone, Dancing Ghosts, Headless Horseman, Hearse and the gravediggers. Tried for the apple but just couldn't get it. Then we watched the Boo To You Parade, Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes. We also watched the Cadaver Dan's, snacked on cupcakes and ate at Casey's. And finally shopped pretty solidly at Storybook circus and the Emporium for Halloween merchandise. All in all it was a fun night for my birthday and would have liked to meet a few more characters but we weren't going to wait 30-40 minutes for some of those M&G's. We were very happy with our evening there and can't wait to get back again already.

Had a blast at Friday's party. Crowd wasn't bad at all! Wristband location at Tortuga opened at 3:51pm and headed to Jack and Sally right after. We were about the 10th group for them. 2nd in line for Aladdin and Abu and had 22 pics in their session, as we sent the kids first before jumping in for a couple of pics. Got right back in line hoping to be up again after the switch and we timed it perfectly to be 2nd for Jasmine and Genie. We were done with both sets well before 8, and I think Jafar was done before 8, too. If not before, very soon after, and that was even after he stepped away for a short break. The rest of the night was trick or treating, meeting up with various family members and doing the dance party, fireworks, 2nd parade and midnight show. Didn't get the magic shots during the party, but did the the apple shot at DHS earlier in the week. About 2 hours from home now. Exhausted, but worth it! Here are some pics. They were too large to post individually. LolView attachment 201463
Looks awesome! I'm wondering if the Friday crowds are lower than the Thursday because of the price differences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter