"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll add Club Villain Details to Post #2 when I get home. With all of this rain, DD8 softball may be cancelled or delayed for today.

You convinced me! Ha! Booked same day but @ 8:30pm. :sad: over $, but :tigger: on the inside. Cutting into custome budget since I can't sew. But WE'RE GOING TO CLUB VILLAIN! :maleficenDH said go for it. Super EXCITED! :tinker:

Why did you chose to go at 8 instead of 5, are you not going to the view Fantasmic! or the Star Wars Galatic fireworks? Maybe just not interested? That's why I chose 5pm

Is there any worries with scanning your MagicBand to enter in to the party at 4 that day vs scanning the ticket? I'm asking because We will have one day left on our park tickets and do not want that day to mistakenly get used instead of the MNSSHP ticket since we will be entering at 4 pm instead of 7pm.

But be sure to bring your MNSSHP ticket or voucher with you.

I think maybe one earlier so kids don't fall asleep? I got the 8:30 one. So excited!!!

I thought it would be cool to go early have dinner at a normal hour, party with the Villains and then later leave to catch the fireworks. Hmmm, I had hoped to see Fantasmic! but I'm not sure if we'll have time.

Still very excited to be going, first time for us!

I'm a little behind on my reading but figured I'd answer you. We were in the exact predicament as you in deciding between those two dates with Tues being our last night as well (we could have done Fri the 16th too but we nixed that a long time ago). We went two years ago and it rained a decent amount in the beginning but was fine the rest of the night. So with ponchos and comfortable clothing it really didn't effect us to much, with exception of our hair looking like we got rained on in our pictures and random wet spots on the clothes. Even with it wet, but not raining, all the festivities occurred with no issues, with some characters moved to awnings away from what would have been their backgrounds.
So in saying that, it sucks not knowing the weather but even 10 days out your really don't know. We live in Houston so any city near the gulf the weather is hard to predict as it is literally in flux constantly, especially in the warmer months.

If you want to take advantage of the FP you're just gonna have to bite the bullet and take the risk now as the window is approaching.

We chose to go Sunday to take advantage of the lower Tues crowds at the park(s) we're choosing. Most say Tues parties are the best and a few others say Sundays are. Just depends on your gut and which blogger you generally agree with IMO.

Good luck and happy planning!

Thanks - we actually just yesterday decided to extend our stay by 1 more night so now Thursday is our last day (when DH saw the concert series at Epcot and found out the BoDean's were playing the day we were leaving he got all excited). We're staying at OKW & initially it was booked for that extra night but then yesterday when I looked it was available - then I checked on changing our flights & I was able to switch days (SW) for the same price so we grabbed it. So now we've decided that Tues. is best for MNSSHP and we'll just have to hope the weather cooperates. Sunday is football so I think we may watch (Redskins play at 1:00) at ESPN then head to Epcot for the evening on Sunday.

I just booked Club Villain for September 9th at 8:30 for me and DD9! I am excited but plunking down that payment hurt a little bit lol

@FoxC63 -- Why 5:15pm for Club Villain? I may need to move some things around. :sad2:

Honestly I haven't started planning our day at HS - OMG! no I didn't just write that down! Yep, too true. I also book for 8:30 until I know what Disney's plans are for this day. But as I stated before, 5:15 is perfect timing to have dinner. We'll see.

Oh, what were you posting that you had removed? Yeah, I saw that:ssst:

Honestly I haven't started planning our day at HS - OMG! no I didn't just write that down! Yep, too true. I also book for 8:30 until I know what Disney's plans are for this day. But as I stated before, 5:15 is perfect timing to have dinner. We'll see.

This. Posted on wrong thread. Lol! Lost my mind, trying to book Club Villain. Softball.

I thought it would be cool to go early have dinner at a normal hour, party with the Villains and then later leave to catch the fireworks. Hmmm, I had hoped to see Fantasmic! but I'm not sure if we'll have time.

Still very excited to be going, first time for us!

OMG! Totally unacceptable! :sad: JK!
We are doing HS 10/27 with Fantasmic! Dinner reservations & had planned to see SW Fireworks then, guessing still going on & had thought about SW Dessert Party if it was extended through October. :charac2:

I had seen info about CV, but no info when offered again, then post on rumors thread (I think) about auditions for CV, but no dates. Then saw this --- $$$$. :sad::sad:

So we'll actually have to add PH now. 10/28 is our EP day. o_O

:maleficenJust booked for Club Villian for me and DH on Saturday, September 24th!!! So excited, it will be our first night there. Can wait to try out the drinks :drinking1

Ok, need some opinions. Should we do two Halloween parties? What is the benefit? We have never done two in one trip, but we love the parties. We have several non-park days during our trip so I was thinking of doing two back to back. We have the Halloween dessert party booked. I'm trying to decide between two Halloween parties or booking the Star Wars Dessert party when it comes open for late September. I'm not so sure we need that much dessert as that day is before our Halloween party night. Arg! Cannot decide! Another option is what we were originally doing, just the Halloween desert party on our party night, then the next day as a lounge day. Any opinions?

Ok, need some opinions. Should we do two Halloween parties? What is the benefit? We have never done two in one trip, but we love the parties. We have several non-park days during our trip so I was thinking of doing two back to back. We have the Halloween dessert party booked. I'm trying to decide between two Halloween parties or booking the Star Wars Dessert party when it comes open for late September. I'm not so sure we need that much dessert as that day is before our Halloween party night. Arg! Cannot decide! Another option is what we were originally doing, just the Halloween desert party on our party night, then the next day as a lounge day. Any opinions?

I am attending two parties with my daughter just so we have more time to enjoy everything that is offered! So one party will be enjoying the low lines for rides and watching the parades and fireworks, and then the next one we will focus on meeting the special characters they have. I am much less stressed about fitting everything in since I booked the second party :)

Wow! Glad I got room only discount instead of package deal w/free dinning, according to Disney's website "Disney dining plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event." re: Club Villain. FYI - we are light eaters and a party of 3pp. YMMV

In terms of a daily itinerary, I know what parks we'd like to visit and things we'd like to do, but I have yet to create a specific times itinerary: 9-9:15 Ride this, 9:15-9:30 Ride that. I'm still waiting for Disney to update the October calendar and confirm nighttime entertainment.
What I have done thus far is scour for specific information to help fill in the gaps when the parks get crowded and lines are long. Specific Pressed Pennies, Binder & sleeves for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards, Transportation Cards and Trading Pins. Making ADR's and reading updated menu reviews. Staying on top of refurbishments, closures/openings and transportation. Doing my daily exercise and sewing our costumes. I do have a "Take me to Disney" box that I'm slowly starting to fill: hand wipes, night light, travel size toiletries etc... but my favorite part of the day is spending time here with you.

I sincerely wish you all a very wonderful, magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter