• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

We are also doing the same thing. We do not have Magic Bands. I set our FP+ up (one at approx. 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30). I assume what will happen is that we will exchange our paper tickets for RFID cards at the will call window before entering the park. I hope Disney can wave their magic Disney dust across them and make sure everything transfers correctly. I have my doubts, but I am going to try. There were no 7 dwarves mine train passes available when I booked. That is for the afternoon of 10-8
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that people with paper tickets would not be given cards and that their FPs were useless.

A few photos to help give perspective, from Sun 9/27 sold out party. The gates for party tickets at 343 pm.View attachment 126491

View attachment 126492
do not recall near this many people at either party we attended last year, Sept 12th around 5 pm and Sept 14th around 4 pm.

Lines went pretty smooth except the occasional person trying to enter with a regular day ticket. No finger scan needed. After the Mickey readers were several lines to get a wrist band.

If you wanted a photo in front of the Mickey flowers it was roped off and had photo pass photographers, but we decided not to wade through the lines to get there.
View attachment 126493

By 353 pm walking up Main Street
View attachment 126494

356 we stopped for several poses of castle pics, had a camera snafu (mine) and then we're on our way. Not crowded.

View attachment 126496

Made it to Tea Cups by 403, for fast pass that expired by 410. Didn't really need a fast pass, but since we were wonderland characters it was our desired start for photos etc.
View attachment 126497

Awesome costumes! I love seeing the whole group dress up. Especially love the Mickey Card costume!!! Did you make that? What did you use for the body to keep that shape?

That's what I've heard from many. It did not happen to me. My bag was full the the brim (not from candy but from my own stuffs, I came prepared for all possible scenerios) but did not receive a new bag. I did not ask for a new bag. Maybe that's why. Or maybe it was because the CM only gave me 2 small pieces of candy (and I mean small, half the size of a Tootsie roll)

LOL that happened to us too! It wasn't even Tootsie Rolls ... it was Nerds and the sour ones. What were they thinking??? :)

Is celebrate the magic different from normal nights? This will determine where we try to view fireworks. We don't really want to view from main street. Would rather view from behind the castle for less crowds.

CTM is the same on party and non-party nights. It varies slightly seasonally, so if you haven't seen the version with the villains, then it will be new to you (the summer version featured a beach themed sections with the little mermaid and lilo and stitch) but if you are planning on being back before it switches to winter (I assume November) then you won't miss anything

As for the rest of the plan, that looks very doable. Character lines are what will take up most of the party time. So if you aren't planning on any of those, you will be good for everything else.

- Are there other magic shots available that I'm missing?
*Cauldron (where is this at?)
*. HM carriage

I saw them doing the cauldron shot over by the wall in Fantasyland near where the Dwarfs meet. It looks like they need a fairly large and empty space for the shot to work.

Awesome costumes! I love seeing the whole group dress up. Especially love the Mickey Card costume!!! Did you make that? What did you use for the body to keep that shape?
Yes, it's actually the front of two white scrub tops sewn together and the sleeves taken off. (Bought one new and found one at goodwill). Ironed on the Mickeys and precut iron on letters. Had fun putting the costume together when oldest son was the Mad Hatter in his school musical last spring, so we decided to all join in!

I saw them doing the cauldron shot over by the wall in Fantasyland near where the Dwarfs meet. It looks like they need a fairly large and empty space for the shot to work.

They were also doing the cauldron shot in the street while it was cleared as people waited for the parade.

Yes, it's actually the front of two white scrub tops sewn together and the sleeves taken off. (Bought one new and found one at goodwill). Ironed on the Mickeys and precut iron on letters. Had fun putting the costume together when oldest son was the Mad Hatter in his school musical last spring, so we decided to all join in!
Creative, cheap, easy, AND comfortable!
Are they doing the Hitchhiking ghosts this year?
Yes, at Splash Mountain exit or trick and treat trail. I couldn’t tell the exact location but I saw it after getting off the ride. Look for a photographer with a tripod and a pile of suitcases. They do 2 shots at the same location, 1 hitchhiking and 1 where you’re frightened by the 3 ghosts.

:yay:I'm confused my 1st party ever ...and I ordered my tickets via phone with CM I never got a hard ticket. (Purchased mid August) I have magicbands so I see them linked to my MDE. I am afraid they will "deduct" one of my park days instead of my party ticket...I'm not going to MK that day before 4pm. How can I assure its the party ticket being used? :confused3.
And at Smitch425...update party night we are going to is November 1st. And costumes changed :scratchin. Now DD will be MAL (Descendants) and myself Maleficent:maleficen.
DM-undecided ( trying to convince her to be Cruella)
DS-stars Wars t-shirt (o_Oteens lol)

Thanks Smitch425 you do an amazing job!

image.jpg
:yay:I'm confused my 1st party ever ...and I ordered my tickets via phone with CM I never got a hard ticket. (Purchased mid August) I have magicbands so I see them linked to my MDE. I am afraid they will "deduct" one of my park days instead of my party ticket...I'm not going to MK that day before 4pm. How can I assure its the party ticket being used? :confused3.
And at Smitch425...update party night we are going to is November 1st. And costumes changed :scratchin. Now DD will be MAL (Descendants) and myself Maleficent:maleficen.

there are seperate entrance marked for only the party goers, (at the far right) so the mickey reader will only recognize the party ticket (watched a few people with regular tickets not get in and be redirected to the other gates).

lol)

I haven't done this specifically for MNSSHP, but I have for MVMCP. You mention that you are going to enter before 4 p.m. -- at that time they will deduct one day of your park days since party-goers can't enter until 4 p.m. Once you are in the park any time between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. you will need to go to a specially set up station (I know there is one in Tomorrowland near the exit of the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor/Across from Stitch). At that time they will scan your Magic Band to verify you have a party ticket and you'll get a paper bracelet to put on specifically for the party. I'm not sure where the second place is set up that you can get the paper party bracelet, but maybe someone else can chime in and give you that info! (I'm also pretty sure it's already in this thread somewhere between page 1 and 197 lol). I hope that gives you the info you need!

I haven't done this specifically for MNSSHP, but I have for MVMCP. You mention that you are going to enter before 4 p.m. -- at that time they will deduct one day of your park days since party-goers can't enter until 4 p.m. Once you are in the park any time between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. you will need to go to a specially set up station (I know there is one in Tomorrowland near the exit of the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor/Across from Stitch). At that time they will scan your Magic Band to verify you have a party ticket and you'll get a paper bracelet to put on specifically for the party. I'm not sure where the second place is set up that you can get the paper party bracelet, but maybe someone else can chime in and give you that info! (I'm also pretty sure it's already in this thread somewhere between page 1 and 197 lol). I hope that gives you the info you need!

Usually over by Pirates/Tortuga Tavern.

They said they weren't going to enter until 4. There is a special entrance line that will only read party tickets, so no need to worry about deducting a park day.

But for those in the park early, there is also a station in Fantasyland by Philharmagic

I'm confused about the fast passes. We are not staying on site and the party will be our only Disney time. I have e-tickets I bought from wdw for the party. We are planning on arriving at 4 and getting a head start. Are fast passes available from 4-7 for us? Do you just go to the fp kiosk? Would we be better just making our way around and not worry about the fp? We would like to ride the 7 dwarves mine train at least once through the night...what would be the best plan to accomplish this with the shortest wait (in theory). Thanks!

For 7 dwarves, the shortest line will probably be 11:59.

Do you have a magic band or RFID card from a previous visit? If not, it seems that you will not be able to access your MDE account since they are apparently not giving out hard tickets to everyone this year.

They said they weren't going to enter until 4. There is a special entrance line that will only read party tickets, so no need to worry about deducting a park day.

But for those in the park early, there is also a station in Fantasyland by Philharmagic

Oops...reading comprehension is apparently not my friend today :sad2:

Thanks, and I have you updated on the guest list thread. :)

This may have been asked before, but I'm having a tough time keeping up with 197 pages...

Scenario: We will be at WDW for seven days, so we booked a 6-day ticket and MNSSHP. This will give us access to the parks for all seven days.
On our MNSSHP day we will not be visiting any other parks.

Can I book FP+s for our party date and use them in the 4-7 PM window? Will this deduct a day off my 6-day ticket, or is it a completely different system? (I don't want to lose a park day elsewhere if I mess this up.)

Just realized today that this may be possible. (Having booked other FP+s at 90 days out, skipping this day.)

Can I book FP+s for our party date and use them in the 4-7 PM window?

Yes you can book in the 4-7 window, but the fastpasses that day end at 6:30 so you will need to do something like 3:15-4:15, 4:20-5:20, and 5:30 - 6:30.

Will this deduct a day off my 6-day ticket, or is it a completely different system? (I don't want to lose a park day elsewhere if I mess this up.)

It won't deduct a day off of your 6-day ticket. When you go to enter the park at 4:00 (or a little before ;) there are separate lines for party guests and the band reader at the entrance is set to just be for party tickets.

Yes you can book in the 4-7 window, but the fastpasses that day end at 6:30 so you will need to do something like 3:15-4:15, 4:20-5:20, and 5:30 - 6:30.
It won't deduct a day off of your 6-day ticket. When you go to enter the park at 4:00 (or a little before ;) there are separate lines for party guests and the band reader at the entrance is set to just be for party tickets.
Thank you!!

FPs for that evening were hard to get, but we managed Space Mountain 3:30 - 4:30, Thunder Mountain 4:30 - 5:30, and Haunted Mansion from 5:30 - 6:30. Pending all the characters we want to meet and their queues. (Jack and Sally have an early meet at 5:30, so I hear.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter