"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

We're going to 2 parties in October. For one I'll be Angel (from Lilo and Stitch) and for the other I'll be Sadness. :)

If I were to get in line for the 7 dwarves meet n greet at 6pm how long past 7pm would I be waiting to see them?

I need some costume help.
We are a group of 8 (4 adults, 3 kids, 1 baby) and we want to do a group costume. We are thinking of doing the Little Mermaid--Ariel, Prince Eric, King Triton, Sebastian, Ursula, Flounder. We need 2 more costumes, probably for my parents. Any ideas? We thought about Flotsam and Jetsam but have no idea what we would do for costumes.

If I were to get in line for the 7 dwarves meet n greet at 6pm how long past 7pm would I be waiting to see them?
In 2013, we got in line at 6pm for the 7 Dwarves and a line had already formed, but it was not too bad. We were through it by about 7:08pm and on our way! I would not wait more that 6pm to get in line if you do not want to waste party time. The line behind us started getting very long fast after we got in line.

We are a group of 8 (4 adults, 3 kids, 1 baby) and we want to do a group costume. We are thinking of doing the Little Mermaid--Ariel, Prince Eric, King Triton, Sebastian, Ursula, Flounder. We need 2 more costumes, probably for my parents. Any ideas? We thought about Flotsam and Jetsam but have no idea what we would do for costumes.

Hmm, two more characters could be Scuttle and Grimsby (Eric's servant)

Flotsam and Jetsam would be great! All dark grey or dark green clothing and paint one eye yellow on each of them. People would get it. Lol! How are you going to do Triton?

ETA: or fish with instruments. One could be scuttle and one could be a fork. So many options...

Last edited:
You can look up flotsam and jetsam from the Little Mermaid broadway production to get an idea. Its pretty much black costumes with shiny yellow piping in eel patterns.

Flotsam and Jetsam would be great! All dark grey or dark green clothing and paint one eye yellow on each of them. People would get it. Lol! How are you going to do Triton?

ETA: or fish with instruments. One could be scuttle and one could be a fork. So many options...

You can look up flotsam and jetsam from the Little Mermaid broadway production to get an idea. Its pretty much black costumes with shiny yellow piping in eel patterns.

Thanks! I will take a look at what we can do for Flotsam and Jetsam. I am not crafty or creative in any way...

For King Triton, we'll probably go pretty simple--maybe green shorts, a nude color shirt or muscle t shirt, white hair and beard and maybe build a trident somehow.

Also, thinking about doing an Alice in Wonderland or Beauty and the Beast group costume. Alice will be easier but more common. Beauty and the Beast might be a bit tougher.

Is there any advantage of printing tickets at home vs having them shipped to home address? When are they available in my MDE account? I just hit my 60 FP+ window today.

I didn't do either, I'm picking them up there. It linked up to my MDE as soon as I bought them. I just didn't want to lose it or forget it. Figured it'd be easier to pick up the day before.

I didn't do either, I'm picking them up there. It linked up to my MDE as soon as I bought them. I just didn't want to lose it or forget it. Figured it'd be easier to pick up the day before.
If you are using a magic band, there is really no need to pick them up since they are linked to your MDE.

Someone asked about this in another thread. From what I’ve read, if your party day is a non-park day, it’s a good idea to use the MNSSHP hard ticket to get in. If you scan your Magic Band, it might count that as a park day. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

It's looking more and more likely that we'll be there for the September 20th party! Possibly with the morning spent over at F&W. I have no clue what, if anything, we'll dress up as. I did the DLR version as a blue crayon a few years ago. We've thrown around a few ideas already, vikings, mr & mrs incredible, various super heroes, or just getting halloween t-shirts. We just can't land on anything.

Someone asked about this in another thread. From what I’ve read, if your party day is a non-park day, it’s a good idea to use the MNSSHP hard ticket to get in. If you scan your Magic Band, it might count that as a park day. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
There were issues with this in the beginning (2013), but things went well last year. There are specific entry gates for party goers to avoid confusion.

Since there are 8 of you why not do Snow White and the seven dwarves

That's my plan. I'll be at MK Monday. I'll pick up my party ticket (for Tuesday), have a resort day Tuesday Morning and then use the hard ticket to enter at 4pm Tuesday afternoon.

It already attached to my MDE so hopefully I'll be able to get FP+ for 4-7 on Tuesday afternoon.

I could just use my band but honestly I'm still leery of the multiple ticket on the band thing. Which I know is stupid. I've done bands 4 or 5 times now and never had any problem with the ticket portion of the process, but better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
We're taking our 2-year old for the first time this year! He'll be nearly 3 so I'm hoping he'll stay awake! He's going as Christopher Robin.

For those that have been before, what time should we start looking for a spot for the first parade? The parade is the number one reason we're going so it's definitely our biggest priority. We might do a few rides but we're not bothered about meeting characters or the trick or treat lines (my weird kid hates candy!) I'm also dying to see the new Hocus Pocus show!

We're taking our 2-year old for the first time this year! He'll be nearly 3 so I'm hoping he'll stay awake! He's going as Christopher Robin.

For those that have been before, what time should we start looking for a spot for the first parade? The parade is the number one reason we're going so it's definitely our biggest priority. We might do a few rides but we're not bothered about meeting characters or the trick or treat lines (my weird kid hates candy!) I'm also dying to see the new Hocus Pocus show!

Last year we showed up only about 15 minutes before the Headless Horseman was set to ride, and it was already pretty crowded. We got lucky and found a spot that was right on the end next to a walkway (we were literally right next to the tape that marks where you can stand and where you have to keep moving). Not sure if that's likely to happen often, so if the parade is really important to you I'd recommend 30 minutes ahead, maybe more. Also if where you view it from is important to you, I think the atmosphere on Main St. is awesome but it is also popular with everyone else :) We snagged our spot in Frontierland close to Liberty Square and thought it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter