• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

yes that is what I meant. I have 7 day park hopper tix and also bought MNSSHP tix for sunday 10/25/15. Just did my ADR's this morning. A bit more stressful than I had hoped for LOL. But I got BOG for 4pm on the night of the party I'm very excited.

Is there anywhere that gives a timeline for events at the party? I want to see the parade it will probably be the first one and is there a villain show?
See my post to you earlier on this page. :)

Eta: previous page now lol

Last edited:
Thanks Guys :) I want to work for Disney's costuming department. I'm all self taught so I'm hoping to use these costumes as application pieces since I have my college degree in business not fashion or costuming... I'm working on Mine currently.. Sleeping Beauty with Fiber Optic Fabric. Fiber Optics are woven through the fabric and the ends are connected to LED lights. I also have hidden speakers, I made sound clips from the movie of the fairies fighting over the color of her dress and so the sound effects board triggers with like "Oh No! Not Pink! Make it BLUE!" And the dress changes colors :) Fabric was expensive so I'm doing a shorter dress instead of the traditional long one but other than that same style. I figure it cant hurt if the costumes draw attention since my dream is to work for Disney! But I still want to get Pictures in be our guest... I'm signed up for Dinning Buddy trying to snag a reservation. As a last resort I'll still try walk up. Maybe if the cast members see my kids amazing costumes they still might try and squeeze us in.

We went in 2012 my kids where cinderella and prince charming. It was midnight and party was closing. We walked by Pooh and his friends where my daughter points and goes "MOM! Its Pigglet! Just like my Pigglet I sleep with!" (one of those stuffed animals given to her since birth) the cast members where were guarding the entrance. The characters were meeting with their last kids. My DD walked up and they were like "Sorry sweetheart its time for Pooh and his friends to go to bed. But you look addorable" She looked at them with big doe eyes and said "Thank you, I understand." The cast member held her hand looked around said you know what and grabbed her brother walked them both up the exit. The photographers when nuts and so did the characters. They stayed out late just for my kids. And then a man was there NOT in uniform. Directing my kids and the photo pass photographer. Then had the photopass photographer step out of the way and started taking photos of his own with a Really nice camera. He also had the characters go ahead and leave had my kids pose for pictures with just them in it as well. The cast members and the photographers walked out with us and I asked who the guy was. They said all they could tell me was that he worked for Disney and that do not be surprised if I see pictures they took used anywhere blogs or advertisements. Never have see them used but still an awesome experience.
Here are a couple of the photos I had about 75 from those 30-45 mins lol Pooh was twirling her they asked her about her glass slippers. It was definition of MAGICAL! (they were ages 5 & 6. This was our first visit to DW. So when people ask if its worth is.... NOTHING compares to the memories and we can't wait to go back)View attachment 89138 View attachment 89137 View attachment 89136 View attachment 89135

Oh my gosh, just how precious! I can't at all this. Also, I can't wait to see your Sleeping Beauty! I'm attempting to do that costume myself, and hopefully make it pink and blue, like the paint mess the fairies make at one point.

Watch the fireworks and then immediately head to Frontierland for the second parade. Tons of front row spots and you get to see the Headless Horseman ride a long time.

Is there a particular spot in Frontierland or anywhere we ca nfind space? There's 11 of us, so what time should we stake out a spot? We're going on a Sunday night (9/27)

We can go either September 15 or 18. I was planning for the 15th since I figured it'd be less crowded but seeing the posts on here I'm nervous about how many are booked for the 15th. Is the 15th still the better plan or should we do the 18th instead?

Also, budget would prefer we wait till late June to buy tickets. We're pretty much guaranteed they won't sell out right?

We can go either September 15 or 18. I was planning for the 15th since I figured it'd be less crowded but seeing the posts on here I'm nervous about how many are booked for the 15th. Is the 15th still the better plan or should we do the 18th instead?

Also, budget would prefer we wait till late June to buy tickets. We're pretty much guaranteed they won't sell out right?

I'm no expert but I've heard weekends are busier. (locals tend to also go on weekends) And I wouldn't think you would have to worry about selling out. I've heard October dates usually sell out. But your talking about September so I'd think your safe. I'd just check it often and if one of your dates sell out I'd make it a priority to buy the date that's left ASAP.

Hello
I just bought our tix for Sunday 10/25/15> I was wonder what the time line fro this party is. When are the parades, villain show, fireworks??? And what are ppls suggestions with a 4 yr old and a 14 month old.

I just decided to add this party to our trip and haven't done much research on it. I was am hoping to get dinner at BOG that night, what time would you do dinner, I was thinking early.

I had everyday planned out with when and where I wanted to make dining reservations then decided to do this as well LOL. I Think I just like the planned and wanted to re do everything last minuet LOL

Couldn't tell if anyone wrote you back yet. Details for the party aren't out just yet but BOG isn't open for the parties. (found out the hard way. I am going oct 15 and 18th to parties) and Called 180 days out at phone line open. BOG was booked EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for the week i'm there already. On nights of parites they are only open 4-6 for dinner... so two hours early for dinner. Good luck for your ressie I'm still trying. I've even signed up for DisneyDiningBuddy to try and snag one!

I'm making plans for a trip Oct 24-30. We'd like to do MNSSHP on 10/29. I see that date is more expensive and see from the first page that it will probably sell out. Any ideas how long I have to make a decision before the date sells out? Thanks!

Is there a particular spot in Frontierland or anywhere we ca nfind space? There's 11 of us, so what time should we stake out a spot? We're going on a Sunday night (9/27)
We sit on the same side of the street that the Diamond Horseshoe is on. Anywhere along there is great. The other side has more lights shining in front of you that interfere more with taking pictures.

I'm making plans for a trip Oct 24-30. We'd like to do MNSSHP on 10/29. I see that date is more expensive and see from the first page that it will probably sell out. Any ideas how long I have to make a decision before the date sells out? Thanks!
What I've seen in the past early august so I would say end of July to be safe.

How crowded are Sunday nights vs. Thursday nights? Our choices are sunday 9/25 or Thursday 10/1, my original plan is sunday unless it'll be too crowded.

Has anyone done Hoop Dee Doo @ 4:00 before a party? That's where we are booked right now and I'm wondering about the logistics of getting everyone changed into costume and getting to MK afterward. We will have our car with us but I don't know that driving will get us there any faster.

I'm trying to switch us to CRT, but it's booked solid.

Has anyone done Hoop Dee Doo @ 4:00 before a party? That's where we are booked right now and I'm wondering about the logistics of getting everyone changed into costume and getting to MK afterward. We will have our car with us but I don't know that driving will get us there any faster.

That sounds like it would be a bit stressful. Hope you get into CRT

So I tried reading through the thread but it just didn't happen lol. Does anyone know how crowded the first party usually is?

So I tried reading through the thread but it just didn't happen lol. Does anyone know how crowded the first party usually is?
Not very, so much so that they are starting it later in the month than normal. It still shouldn't be too busy, even with the later start.

I posted these in the Guest List thread, but I thought I would post over here too. :)

Glad to be going back to MNSSHP this year! We went to two parties last year and also did the Villains Sinister Soiree. These nights were probably the two most fun nights we've ever had at the Magic Kingdom. Also, since my wife and I cosplay, it's a rare opportunity for the two of us to get pictures of us in our costumes with the "actual" characters and throughout the parks.

We're looking at doing two parties this year too, likely on 10/13 and 10/15. I'm looking forward to seeing if the Soiree is going to be offered again this year. It was expensive but we found it to be worth it since we did the later one so we didn't miss "party time" and we got to take pictures in a nearly empty Magic Kingdom walking out at 12:45 am!

A few pictures from last year:

5164DA3B-010D-4C6D-8B67-9CE6B553B594.jpg

C75FC3DC-3C0D-42BD-98B9-AC5B6F9EF494.jpg
5B5E5654-34F4-4F1C-990C-FC74CE5F29C4.jpg

E6A4CC0F-4DD9-46C9-8671-D034B19D3EA2.jpg

As long as you're not wanting to get to the party before the official start (7pm) you'd be fine. Hoop Dee Doo would be over by like 5:30. That would give you 1.5 hours to get changed and get to MK. I think that'd be plenty of time. But if you want to get there earlier than it would be rushed I think. Hoop Dee Doo is a blast, by the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter