"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

be forewarned though, If they keep it as last year though there won't be a mingle part to the mix and mingle.
Yeah that's why I'm considering skipping it. I'm afraid my older son will be sad he can't meet Hook after the show. At least at the dance party you have the opportunity to interact with the characters. So maybe we'll go with that, even though he's not as familiar with the characters that will be there...

Yeah that's why I'm considering skipping it. I'm afraid my older son will be sad he can't meet Hook after the show. At least at the dance party you have the opportunity to interact with the characters. So maybe we'll go with that, even though he's not as familiar with the characters that will be there...

If you really want to meet Hook, you might look into the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage - you meet Hook, Smee, and Peter Pan during it. I think it's his only guaranteed meet, although he does show up at DHS characterpalooza from time to time as well.

be forewarned though, If they keep it as last year though there won't be a mingle part to the mix and mingle.

I have a feeling it will be like last year. The soiree seemed to be a big hit.

The wdw website now calls it "Villains Castle Show".

I think that changed last year AFTER the announcement that there wouldn't be a mingle.

My son has sensory issues and could not stay for more than 5 minutes because it was very loud, lights were blinking and moving and there was smoke effects. So my husband took him out while I lingered to get a better idea of how it worked. The characters were in nearly constant movement. Guests tried to make lines when a character would stop for a picture. It was a frugal attempt, because as soon as the picture was taken, the character moved to another location. The stepmother and stepsisters were a riot. A video camera would have been better than the regular camera I had. So keep in mind, the characters "roam/dance". Be prepared to take a quick picture.

We really missed the mingle part of the show. A couple years ago, we had lucked out and got a picture with all the characters after the show, inside the castle, when it was raining and a show was cancelled.

If you really want to meet Hook, you might look into the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage - you meet Hook, Smee, and Peter Pan during it. I think it's his only guaranteed meet, although he does show up at DHS characterpalooza from time to time as well.

We are going to be doing Pirates and Pals for the first time this spring!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but when do the tickets go on sale? I am planning to go on Sept 20 (my 40th bday!). If you don't have a park hopper ticket, can you still purchase this add on if you were in another park that day? I'm assuming this is completely stand alone and no other admission is required?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but when do the tickets go on sale? I am planning to go on Sept 20 (my 40th bday!). If you don't have a park hopper ticket, can you still purchase this add on if you were in another park that day? I'm assuming this is completely stand alone and no other admission is required?
Completely separate ticket, so you can use your regular park ticket earlier in the day. You can get into MK as early as 4pm with just the party ticket, and they go on sale sometime in April.

My 40th birthday is September 27th, and I'll be celebrating at WDW as well! :bday:

I haven't decided yet if we will go to the MNSSHP, but good to know that tickets go on sale in April - thanks! There are 2 possible dates we could go during our trip.

For those who have attended MNSSHP, has anyone ever done 2 parties during one stay? there are 3 dates available during my stay. I was actually thinking it might be wise to split the party into 2 nights since my little one will only be 2.5 during our visit & will most likely not make it very late. We arrive 10/21. I woul most likely do Thurs & Sun (22rd & 25th)

For those who have attended MNSSHP, has anyone ever done 2 parties during one stay? there are 3 dates available during my stay. I was actually thinking it might be wise to split the party into 2 nights since my little one will only be 2.5 during our visit & will most likely not make it very late. We arrive 10/21. I woul most likely do Thurs & Sun (22rd & 25th)
Yes, we did two parties last year. One for mostly party stuff in full costumes...
image.jpg

And one mainly for rides (and a few characters) in simple costumes...

image.jpg

I think that is exactly what i am going to do. Jackson is free since he is only 2 so it is not a huge expense (it is just a mom/toddler trip) edited to add: your costumes are great

I think that is exactly what i am going to do. Jackson is free since he is only 2 so it is not a huge expense (it is just a mom/toddler trip) edited to add: your costumes are great
Thanks, and yes, two parties would be great while he's free. Lol

It's impossible to get everything done in one party. I recommend two parties. And it's bonus, since you don't have to pay for your little one!

@smitch425 Love your family's costumes!

Will the actual on sale date be announced anytime soon?? I want to make sure i have the money the day of because that is the whole reason of our trip is to go to a party...and has anyone seen any prices?? It will b 2 adults and 2 children ages 6&7

Im 32 M from NJ and planing my second solo trip this yr. I plan to go either late Sept or early Oct. I really excited to be going to MNSSHP. Im planing right now to go 2 nights to MNSSHP.

Will the actual on sale date be announced anytime soon?? I want to make sure i have the money the day of because that is the whole reason of our trip is to go to a party...and has anyone seen any prices?? It will b 2 adults and 2 children ages 6&7

No date has been announced yet. Hopefully, it will be announced ahead of time when it will start like the BOG breakfast was announced for starting today.

Does anyone know if they will have the Villains Soirée this year?

I'm curious about soirée as well...

No word yet on Soirée. But based on the popularity of it last year, I can't imagine it wouldn't continue.

How much difficulty will I have getting a resort bus to get TO the event if I don't get there before it starts? Will there be far fewer shuttles since it's a special admission event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter