Offical free dining watch 2008

We have had APs in the past with free dining. You will need to purchase (1) one day one park ticket for each person to get free dining. Then before you enter the park that day go to guest services at the park (if you need AP's) and ask them to apply those 4 tickets to whatever ticket you need (ie AP for kids etc.). We have never had a problem doing this.

You can only apply one ticket to an upgrade so he will have to buy four 1 day tickets (1 for each person on the reservation) then he can upgrade the 1 day tickets for the kids to whatever pass they need. The 1 day tickets do not expire unless you use them. You can save them and use them toward the renewal of your AP in the future or upgrade them in the future to a longer pass.

Can you apply unused tickets to AP Renewal or just full price AP?
We have AP's but had to by those pesky one day tickets for free dining.

Booked All Star Sports last year during free dining. Received email offering to upgrade to a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. Took Disney up on the offer and had a great stay at Saratoga. Anyone counting on this happening again? Disney's "value" hotels become full during free dining. Last year....Saratoga and Key West did not become full. Disney moved folks over to the two properties and opened up space at the All Stars to sell more packages. I hope it happens again! Keep an eye on those emails.

Booked All Star Sports last year during free dining. Received email offering to upgrade to a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. Took Disney up on the offer and had a great stay at Saratoga. Anyone counting on this happening again? Disney's "value" hotels become full during free dining. Last year....Saratoga and Key West did not become full. Disney moved folks over to the two properties and opened up space at the All Stars to sell more packages. I hope it happens again! Keep an eye on those emails.

Hi! :goodvibes We received that upgrade as well (chose SSR) and loved it! :lovestruc

We were to stay at AS Music (we had tried to book Pop and AS Movies in May... they were sold out of free DDP rooms) and actually first booked AS SPorts for DS, but changed when we found the main pool would be closed for repair while there.

We were there over LD week-end and from what many said... the free upgrades were offered to make room for others at the Values during that busy time. :confused3

Were you by chance there over LD week-end as well? We met a few others with free upgrades while at SSR, it was a wonderful, and unexpected, upgrade! :)

I will watch our email but am not at all expecting any offers... we are not going over the busy LD week-end and are going later in the month (the 14th - 27th). When are you booked?

Here is a bit of magic in hopes you receive an upgrade! :wizard:

Can you apply unused tickets to AP Renewal or just full price AP?
We have AP's but had to by those pesky one day tickets for free dining.

You can use the one day ticket toward renewal. I have twice.

When/if Disney comes out with AP discounts for Aug/Sep you want to see if that is a better deal for you. You can buy DDP with the 1 day tickets with AP discount on the room now.

Anybody out there booked movies for free dining. Hoping to be able to get our room switched to free dining for 8-29 thru 9-6.I will be up and calling @ 7 thursday in hopes of it!

I booked yesterday for Movies for Sept 20-27:cool1: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2: . They also said the whole week before (14-21) was open as well. ( We were playing around with dates)

I would say that the chances of this happening again this year are much, much less for the following reasons:

1) Last year, DVC had a fully built SSR resort, but the resort was only about 60% sold, so there were a lot of units in developer inventory (what DVC calls undeclared inventory into the condo association, i.e., hasn't been sold yet). This year, SSR is over 90% sold out and is expected to sell out by mid-summer. That means that there won't be near the rooms available that were there last year.

2) DVC has been selling contracts over the past year loaded with "Developer Points" i.e. "extra points" that came with a new purchase contract. These had a stipulation that they had to be used within 12 months AND did not carry home resort priority, so could only be booked at 7 months. What all that means is that most of these "extra" points are being used where there are many rooms and easy to get into times, i.e., SSR and OKW in August and September.

I would guess that if they do upgrade some people, you may have a better chance at OKW than SSR. Also, CRO does maintain about 4% of inventory at DVC resorts, so if those aren't sold out, then I suppose one could have a chance of upgrade there as well. Additionally, DVC will allocate units to CRO at 60 days out if no DVC reservations are made, so that may free up some units as well.

Good luck with this. I know that a lot of folks got quite a nice upgrade last year. The only danger of this is that it will give you the DVC Itch...

Hi! :goodvibes We received that upgrade as well (chose SSR) and loved it! :lovestruc

We were to stay at AS Music (we had tried to book Pop and AS Movies in May... they were sold out of free DDP rooms) and actually first booked AS SPorts for DS, but changed when we found the main pool would be closed for repair while there.

We were there over LD week-end and from what many said... the free upgrades were offered to make room for others at the Values during that busy time. :confused3

Were you by chance there over LD week-end as well? We met a few others with free upgrades while at SSR, it was a wonderful, and unexpected, upgrade! :)

I will watch our email but am not at all expecting any offers... we are not going over the busy LD week-end and are going later in the month (the 14th - 27th). When are you booked?

Here is a bit of magic in hopes you receive an upgrade! :wizard:
we received the free upgrade as well for a 1br villa @ ssr over the labor day weekend. we were booked @ pop. they gave my inlaws a villa too so we were very happy people! we were in the grandstand bldg. and was so glad cause we were 1st to be picked up and 1st to drop off. i didn't realize how big ssr was? did you go to the pool party? my dd and dh loved the slide and the music!! here's hoping for another dream upgrade!!!
mousiemom

I would say that the chances of this happening again this year are much, much less for the following reasons:

1) Last year, DVC had a fully built SSR resort, but the resort was only about 60% sold, so there were a lot of units in developer inventory (what DVC calls undeclared inventory into the condo association, i.e., hasn't been sold yet). This year, SSR is over 90% sold out and is expected to sell out by mid-summer. That means that there won't be near the rooms available that were there last year.

Major OT warning!

So, if SSR sells out by mid-summer, will they continue doing the DVC tours there? Or will they move the tours over to AKV (did I say that right?)? Or somewhere else? We keep meaning to go on the DVC tour (though I do fear the DVC itch you mentioned), and are just curious where that mystery machine-type van would take us. TIA!

Is the code required when i call tomorrow to get FD? I'm wondering if the same code CMK will be valid for general public, anybody know? Thanx!

Is the code required when i call tomorrow to get FD? I'm wondering if the same code CMK will be valid for general public, anybody know? Thanx!

I think the CMK code is only for visa holders....this is what I found for the General Public...

General Public Free Dining Package

Available starting: April 10
Book by: June 22
Travel dates: August 24 through September 20

Codes for Magic Your Way Packages with free dining discount:

Magic Your Way Package plus Dining --AYG

I hope it is correct...anyone seen anything in the newspaper today???

I read somewhere that, the AYG code is for travel agents only.. now not sure...
I think the CMK code is only for visa holders....this is what I found for the General Public...

General Public Free Dining Package

Available starting: April 10
Book by: June 22
Travel dates: August 24 through September 20

Codes for Magic Your Way Packages with free dining discount:

Magic Your Way Package plus Dining --AYG

I hope it is correct...anyone seen anything in the newspaper today???

Have you checked the sticky at the top of the resorts board, Entitled every thing we know about free dining 2008?

What the Phone # to call? Long Distance doesn't mater.

1(407) 934-7639 That's the number I call for everything! I make my actual room ressies through this number and I also do my ADR's through this number and I make payments through this number or online! :cool1: A few hours and counting and free dining here we come! :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo:

Major OT warning!

So, if SSR sells out by mid-summer, will they continue doing the DVC tours there? Or will they move the tours over to AKV (did I say that right?)? Or somewhere else? We keep meaning to go on the DVC tour (though I do fear the DVC itch you mentioned), and are just curious where that mystery machine-type van would take us. TIA!

Yes, the DVC tours will still be at SSR as that is where the DVC offices are, however, the models that you will see are going to be AKV and perhaps GCV that they are building in CA (and perhaps Kingdom Towers???).

It seemed to me that at least a few of the Free Dining crowd that was moved to OKW and SSR ended up buying into the program, so it was win-win for Disney last year.

BTW, the DVC tour is the most low pressure thing that you will ever be on as far as a "Timeshare" is concerned. We were ready to buy on the spot and our guide insisted we sleep on it. Have loved every minute of it...

hey! Thursday people where are you all at? By this time Monday these boards were lite up!!!!!!!!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter