Offical free dining watch 2008

I read on one of the other threads that someone was offered 30% off the DDP in August 2008. Does that mean they won't offer free dining if they're offering a discount? Sounds like it to me.:sad1:

I am new to this board. This is all fasinating to me.
I am plannng a trip with my girls 8 & 6 for August. This will be the 1st time for them.
Can someone explain this to me like I am a 6 yo?
I would greatly appreciate it. I haven't booked my trip as of yet but will be in the next several weeks.

Thanks

Well, it's great to hear that you and your girls are going down in August. Free dining is pretty simple. If it's offered to the general public all that you would have to do is call and make your reservation.
But, in past years you had to have a package which included your hotel, and atleast 1 day park tickets. And then you are entitled to the free dining which includes 1 counter service meal, 1 snack credit, and 1 table service meal, for each person in your room. In past years tax and gratuity has been included, but for 2008 that is no longer the case. Tax is included but you have to pay the tip.
HTH

I read on one of the other threads that someone was offered 30% off the DDP in August 2008. Does that mean they won't offer free dining if they're offering a discount? Sounds like it to me.:sad1:

I don't think so. It just sounds like someone lucked out and recieved a great code. They still have to offer something to the general public to fill up those rooms during hurricane season. Though alot of people have been making reservations, they know that if they don't offer some sort of promotion that many of those people will cancel. And they would rather offer a discount to get people there to spend money as opposed to having a bunch of empty rooms.
So I wouldn't count free dining out just yet.

Here's to hoping for another great year of free dining for everyone;)

I booked during the bounce back last year but I just wanted to send some pixi dust to all of you!:tinker: pixiedust:

I am trying to see if I can plan a trip for the last week of August if free dinning is offered. I just want to get a sense of how much the package would cost us. If I go to disney web site now and price out a trip without dinning option, would that be the right price if free dining option is offered? Does everyone in the package get free dining? That sounds almost too good to be true. I heard a lot about free dinning but never plugged in the numbers.

We were there last year for free dining, but weren't offered a bounceback. I wonder why we weren't offered it?? Hoping to get it this year so we can go before our cruise starts.

What happens if we already have our vacation booked and have the dining plan and it becomes available free? Can we upgrade to the deluxe dining for free or will we be credited the cost of the plan?

What happens if we already have our vacation booked and have the dining plan and it becomes available free? Can we upgrade to the deluxe dining for free or will we be credited the cost of the plan?

If you have already booked and free dining becomes available, all you have to do is call. You can either get free dining or if they do the same thing that they did with the bounce back promotion in September you will have to pay $32 per adult per day, and $10 a day for kids, for the deluxe DDP. You may not be able to keep the hotel though.

I am trying to see if I can plan a trip for the last week of August if free dinning is offered. I just want to get a sense of how much the package would cost us. If I go to disney web site now and price out a trip without dinning option, would that be the right price if free dining option is offered? Does everyone in the package get free dining? That sounds almost too good to be true. I heard a lot about free dinning but never plugged in the numbers.

If you go to the Disney website and price out the package without the dining that is what the price of your package will be. Everyone on the package will recieve free dining, unless they are under age 3.

We were there last year for free dining, but weren't offered a bounceback. I wonder why we weren't offered it?? Hoping to get it this year so we can go before our cruise starts.

Alot of people have complained about that. When we were at SSR we didn't recieve any information about the promotion. But, on the day that it started we happened to have the tv on before we went out to the park and saw that they had some sort of offer. And we were able to take advantage of it that way.

HTH

COME ON FREE DINING!!!!!!!
We had it last Sept. and hoping to get it again this year.
:cheer2:

We were at the Poly last year during the last week of August and had the free dining. We checked out Sept 1st and never heard a word about being able to book a bounce back!

From these Boards, I'm understanding that even though Free Dining started the last week of August last year, they only offered the Bounce back for dates in Sept. Its also seems that each year Disney makes the start of Free Disney later and later. Are folks thinking that this year free dining will not be offered in August at all? Only starting in Sept?

THanks,
Jill

Hoping for free dining again starting the week in August. I keep reading it may change to the 30th, which is odd because the last 2 years, it has started the final week in August. We are thinking of staying at Port Orlean French Quarter, however, if free dining, we may change to Wildnerness Lodge.

We were at the Poly last year during the last week of August and had the free dining. We checked out Sept 1st and never heard a word about being able to book a bounce back!

From these Boards, I'm understanding that even though Free Dining started the last week of August last year, they only offered the Bounce back for dates in Sept. Its also seems that each year Disney makes the start of Free Disney later and later. Are folks thinking that this year free dining will not be offered in August at all? Only starting in Sept?

THanks,
Jill

So far that's the way the evidence points, unfortuantly. But, hopefully, they will change it to include part of August - please, please.:goodvibes

Hoping for free dining again starting the week in August. I keep reading it may change to the 30th, which is odd because the last 2 years, it has started the final week in August. We are thinking of staying at Port Orlean French Quarter, however, if free dining, we may change to Wildnerness Lodge.

Actually, since 2005 when free dining began the window of dates has become smaller and smaller. We can only hope they extend the dates but IMHO I would book Wilderness Lodge if that is what you would chose without free dining because even though you book POFQ you will not be guaranteed it will be available for free dining if they offer it. If you book WL you are all set if they don't no changes needed.

We had free dining in Sept 2005, the first time it was ever offered. It was WONDERFUL. My only complaint was that I had to take a standard room at POP, it was the only thing available in values or mods when we booked. Man, it was hot and the room as sooo far away we had to hike FOREVER to get to the bus stop. Looking back, though, I would do it again in a heartbeat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter