• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off site Hotels with BEST Pool area?

Minnie0621

Mouseketeer
What Hotel/Resort would you say has the best pool area that is off-site. For example: a lazy river, water slides, nice pool area, tiki bar etc....and not to spread out. :beach:

That is one of my biggest hang ups with staying off-site....making sure the pool area is one that the kids will not get bored with after 1 day.:scratchin

Would love to hear your opinions:)

BEST is subjective. My kids love Gaylord Palms. Many hotels have great pool areas. What price range are you looking for? CoCo Keys (never stayed there) has an on-site water park. Do you want a standard hotel room, suite, or a condo style?

No water park, but if you're looking for a condo or townhome, both Windsor Hills and Paradise Palms have nice pool areas. Reunion has a water park, but not all condos/ villas have access to the water park

Orlando Hilton at the Convention Center off of I-Drive!!!

You HAVE to at least look this hotel up and take a look at it. It was the most amazing, beautiful hotel/resort we have ever been to. The pool is HUGE, zero-entry on one side, a twisty water slide, fountains, water basketball off the sides, a huge hot tub, an amazing lazy river, a rather large adult quiet pool where kids were not allowed at ALL, a poolside bar/restaurant where during certain hours waitstaff would bring your orders to your pool chair, enormous warm towels poolside, various beach balls, basketballs, flotation devices and life jackets for the little ones, a small arcade-type area (fooseball and air hockey are two that I remember...there may have been more - I wouldn't know...I just saw the area about 100 times as I floated down that amazing lazy river...LOL). Outside the pool area, there were basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, possibly shuffleboard? I *think* the supplies for these activities were either free upon request or rentable for a very nominal fee. There was also a very pretty walking path full of lush vegetation and flowers, and in the evenings, there were huge round fire areas that the staff lit so you could enjoy a drink or just sit and relax. Our kids were old enough to play in the pool while we sat at the fire - it was situated so that we could see the pool (and the kids) but was far enough away that kids running around and shouting in the pool wasn't bothersome.

We got the room for $79/night on Hotwire - I recently checked Hotwire's price for the hotel on the Know Before you Book section (if you are not familiar with the site, they up the price if you want to know the exact Hotel before booking) and it was $119/night. There *is* a resort fee and it is $14.00/night for parking, but I think that is pretty typical for all Orlando hotels, so you just have to pre-add that to the per night cost. Still a GREAT deal for what you get!!!!

We stayed on-site at POR this past November and we loved it there, but I would go back to the Hilton in a second if we ever go again!

I dont know, but the Mariott world center has to be in the top 5 of best pools in all of orlando

BEST is subjective. My kids love Gaylord Palms. Many hotels have great pool areas. What price range are you looking for? CoCo Keys (never stayed there) has an on-site water park. Do you want a standard hotel room, suite, or a condo style?

We like to stay in condos. Yes you are right..everyone has their own opinion. We like clean nice areas..not so much the run down ones, so I guess around 31/2 to 4 star places! Thanks!:cool1:

I dont know, but the Mariott world center has to be in the top 5 of best pools in all of orlando

Awesome! I have looked at that one many times, but have seen a lot of negative reviews on the hotel in general lately! Thanks so much for your help:thumbsup2

Orlando Hilton at the Convention Center off of I-Drive!!!

You HAVE to at least look this hotel up and take a look at it. It was the most amazing, beautiful hotel/resort we have ever been to. The pool is HUGE, zero-entry on one side, a twisty water slide, fountains, water basketball off the sides, a huge hot tub, an amazing lazy river, a rather large adult quiet pool where kids were not allowed at ALL, a poolside bar/restaurant where during certain hours waitstaff would bring your orders to your pool chair, enormous warm towels poolside, various beach balls, basketballs, flotation devices and life jackets for the little ones, a small arcade-type area (fooseball and air hockey are two that I remember...there may have been more - I wouldn't know...I just saw the area about 100 times as I floated down that amazing lazy river...LOL). Outside the pool area, there were basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, possibly shuffleboard? I *think* the supplies for these activities were either free upon request or rentable for a very nominal fee. There was also a very pretty walking path full of lush vegetation and flowers, and in the evenings, there were huge round fire areas that the staff lit so you could enjoy a drink or just sit and relax. Our kids were old enough to play in the pool while we sat at the fire - it was situated so that we could see the pool (and the kids) but was far enough away that kids running around and shouting in the pool wasn't bothersome.

We got the room for $79/night on Hotwire - I recently checked Hotwire's price for the hotel on the Know Before you Book section (if you are not familiar with the site, they up the price if you want to know the exact Hotel before booking) and it was $119/night. There *is* a resort fee and it is $14.00/night for parking, but I think that is pretty typical for all Orlando hotels, so you just have to pre-add that to the per night cost. Still a GREAT deal for what you get!!!!

We stayed on-site at POR this past November and we loved it there, but I would go back to the Hilton in a second if we ever go again!

OH MY! This sounds like exactly what we are looking for...As you can see the ages of my kids....they would love all the activites! What Hilton is it and the location?:thumbsup2

We just returned from Orange Lake. AMAZING, River Island is awesime. Huge resort though.

yes,we have almost stayed there before, but they put us in the OLD SECTION and it wa horrible! We had to move...the section around the pool area did look nice though! :)

No water park, but if you're looking for a condo or townhome, both Windsor Hills and Paradise Palms have nice pool areas. Reunion has a water park, but not all condos/ villas have access to the water park

Thanks! I am going to check these out as well...:)

Marriott world has an amazing pool. If you are looking at a full resort experience then check out the Hilton Parc Soleil. This is a newer resort and has a fantastic main pool, very large, zero entry, fountains, and a huge water slide right in the middle rear. They also have a nice infinity pool for the adults.

Hilton Bonnet Creek practically on WDW property
Huge pool with big lazy river and nice size water slide.
has nice pool bar with good food, not to crazy expensive for a Hilton.
Pool also has DJ at times and shows movies in pool on weekend nights, you can sit in pool and watch movie or in chair on pool deck.
Our son loves it more then Beach Club pool.

Hilton Bonnet Creek practically on WDW property
Huge pool with big lazy river and nice size water slide.
has nice pool bar with good food, not to crazy expensive for a Hilton.
Pool also has DJ at times and shows movies in pool on weekend nights, you can sit in pool and watch movie or in chair on pool deck.
Our son loves it more then Beach Club pool.

WOW!! BETTER THAN THE BC POOL!! must be really cool!:banana: Are the condos pretty close to all the water stuff?
Thanks so much for that information!

Marriott world has an amazing pool. If you are looking at a full resort experience then check out the Hilton Parc Soleil. This is a newer resort and has a fantastic main pool, very large, zero entry, fountains, and a huge water slide right in the middle rear. They also have a nice infinity pool for the adults.

Marriott World was one of the first places I looked at..I kept goig back to it...I also did run across the Hilton Parc Soleil....Are the rooms fairly close to the pool area.?

Marriott Harbour Lake is very nice. It has 2 pools with a pirate ship water slide at one. HUGE hot tubs and a large water play area for the kids. It is also a very compact/small resort.

Marriott Lakeshore is rated very highly. You can maybe get a better feeling for some resorts by checking out you tube videos

OH MY! This sounds like exactly what we are looking for...As you can see the ages of my kids....they would love all the activites! What Hilton is it and the location?:thumbsup2

My kids were in heaven there :)

It is the Hilton Orlando Convention Center near the Orlando Convention Center on Destination Pkwy, just off of I-Drive. Our room overlooked SeaWorld, and we could see Cinderella's Castle and Epcot in the far distance.

My kids were in heaven there :)

It is the Hilton Orlando Convention Center near the Orlando Convention Center on Destination Pkwy, just off of I-Drive. Our room overlooked SeaWorld, and we could see Cinderella's Castle and Epcot in the far distance.

Thanks so much for your post SEA333. My family (grown children) and girlfriends are flying into Orlando on our way to Fort Lauderdale. I just booked 2 rooms last night at the Hilton Orlando on points via Hilton Honors. Is there any certain location I should request? I already have high floor marked on my Hilton Honors choices. We are only there for one evening and are NOT going to any parks. We are on our way to a cruise in Fort Lauderdale. This will be our first evening of what I hope is a FABULOUS vacation. :cool1:

I'm open for all information on the Hilton Orlando. The place looks absolutely stunning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter