• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Odds of getting early dining....HNL to YVR sailing

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
My twin sister and I and our kids are booked on the Wonder for March 1st 2024....we originally booked 2 ocean view staterooms, because our mom was going to come with us...long story short, our mom is not coming and we had two rooms still (2 in one room and 3 in another). Today we booked all 5 of us into one verandah stateroom but unfortuntely we lost our early dining. We are waitlisted for early dining....can you imagine 3 kids waiting to eat until (what feels like) eating at 2am, due to the time change? My question is, what are the chances of getting early dining? (don't worry I won't hold anyone to it lol). Thanks

For a table of 5, your odds are very good to great. Early dining is mainly assigned by request. It is not left to cruisers getting lucky when booking, because Disney knows how important it is to some families. They make some tables available for online booking and manage a majority of spots using the waitlist. Know that at this time, table assignments are made at the very last minute, sometimes on the day of the cruise, as per reports from current cruisers.

If, for some reason, you don‘t have Early when you check-in, you can still get changed onboard.

I find out odd that a sailing that's a year away would already have a waitlist for early dining. Is this a unique itinerary?

We had the same issue - I booked this cruise on opening day for CC Gold. Had to rebook to use my placeholder, and lost our main dining. We are on a waitlist too. Fingers crossed!

I find out odd that a sailing that's a year away would already have a waitlist for early dining. Is this a unique itinerary?
Any cruise that sells a good number of staterooms will have a main dining waitlist. DCL makes available only a small portion of main dining spots at the time of booking. They default most guests to late and give main dining spots to those who request them.

can you imagine 3 kids waiting to eat until (what feels like) eating at 2am,

Worst case they *can* get a late afternoon snack at one of the places on the pool deck. Or room service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter