October visit - a good choice?

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I hadn't been planning to go back to the world until after the FL expansion was complete.....but after a DL trip last fall, during which I really missed WDW-only attractions, I am planning to head back this October.

I'm really excited to see the Halloween party and decorations (do they decorate the parks?), and to be there in warmer weather.

Is October a good time to visit re crowds and humidity?

Are any attractions normally scheduled for refurbishment in October?

Does anyone know if the electric light parade is still in the MK, or when it will switch back to Spectro?

thx so much!

We went in October of 2010 (22-28) and it was a great time to visit. It wasn't crowded, we got to go to MNSSHP and the weather wasn't too bad. It got very hot at the end of our trip, though.

IASW had just opened back up after the queue was redone, teacups was closed, though.

I can't help with the rest of your questions, but I would definitely go back during October.

I am going Oct 8 to 16. I've heard good things about the crowds but also that it can still be quite hot.
I'm really looking forward to having MSNSHP and F&W to enjoy, along with crowd levels that are bound to be MUCH MUCH lower than the ones we're going to deal with President's week!

Hi All,

I hadn't been planning to go back to the world until after the FL expansion was complete.....but after a DL trip last fall, during which I really missed WDW-only attractions, I am planning to head back this October.

I'm really excited to see the Halloween party and decorations (do they decorate the parks?), and to be there in warmer weather.

Is October a good time to visit re crowds and humidity?

Are any attractions normally scheduled for refurbishment in October?

Does anyone know if the electric light parade is still in the MK, or when it will switch back to Spectro?

thx so much!

October is absolutely fabulous!! MNSSHP was so awesome that DH and I wound up going 3 nights and our friends ended up going twice. Well worth the $$. The parade and fireworks were by far the best we've ever seen! Even better than Christmas. Don't forget about Epcot's food and wine festival!! We spent 5 days sampling the offerings and going to some of the seminars!

The weather was stunningly perfect. Low to mid 80's every day except the last 2 days when it was close to 90. Didn't see a gray sky of single drop of rain the whole 10 days we were there.

Crowds weren't bad at all. Many things were walk on. We did have to use FP for some rides, but not nearly as many as we do during other times of the year.

Not aware of any attractions that are normally down that time of year. Planned refurbs happen and we understand that, but many of them seem to take place in Jan/Feb during the slow and cooler times of the year.

Don't know the answer to that one. MSEP is still at MK and there has been no official word if or when Spectro will be returning. The bus driver/CM rumor mill this past Oct. alluded that Spectro has been moved and is not expected to return.

Overall, this was one of the best trips we've taken and we will certainly be going in Oct again.

October is our most favorite time of the year to go. It just didn't work out for that this time around. The weather is usually wonderful and we have never found it too crowded. It is good swimming weather without being too humid.

I hope you have a great trip!

Went in Oct of 07 great loved MNSSHP colors up and down Main st. awesome.Most people in costume,parade great,Headless Horseman very cool weather very warm.DW and I going in Oct for anniv.

DH & I have gone several times in October an it is my favorite. The weather has ranged from low 70's to mid 80's and sunny. We have never had rain during the 4 trips either. MSSHP is a lot of fun and Food & Wine is a lot of fun.

Other than the MK, NONE of the other parks or resorts really decorate for halloween.October is great though

I've been five different years the first of October. Three of those years were very pleasant, with temps in the mid-80s and low humidity. Two of those years were hot as Hades and very humid. The first week of Oct. 2009, had record temps for central FL.

I love October, and it's still my favorite time to go. The decorations at the MK are awesome! We only have the first week of October as an option because that's when our fall break is. If you have the option, I'd wait until the 2nd or 3rd week of October for cooler temps.

We'll be there the first week of Oct. also and are very much looking forward to it.:goodvibes

I'm really excited to see the Halloween party and decorations (do they decorate the parks?) - Just the MK except for F&W decor at Epcot

Is October a good time to visit re crowds and humidity? low crowds but can be very hot (it was last year - broke high temp records 3 day in one week)

Are any attractions normally scheduled for refurbishment in October? none scheduled except the huge Fantasyland refurb

Does anyone know if the electric light parade is still in the MK, or when it will switch back to Spectro? Spectro last year, special Halloween parade on MHSSHP nights

We were at WDW last week of Oct. 2009 and it was great. I think Space Mountain was the only closure... and the weather was perfect. Only a little bit of rain that was short lasting (hour, then passed) and the temps were in the eighties during the day -- plenty warm but not so hot to be dripping with sweat.

Planning our next trip for October to enjoy the water parks as part of our visit. Might pick an earlier week to be sure we have plenty warm temps, but worried about getting more rain.... (guess that doesn't matter if in a water park, since getting wet anyway).

We love going in October! The only thing I dislike is the F&W crowds with little kids. We plan to go during October again when the kids get a bit older, so we can really enjoy F&W.

October is a great month to go. I'll be there the second week; just missing Cee!!
I love the fact that it's still nice and warm during the day (some years it was darn right HOT) and comfortable at night. Plus the Food and Wine Festival is going on!! Oh and don't forget Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party!! That is so much fun!!!

October is our favorite time of year to head down as well ... we've been down every October since our anniversary trip in 2003 (usually the 2nd and 3rd weeks of October). As others have said it can get quite warm and humid, and if it does rain, it will rain late afternoon/early evening and only last for about an hour. Last year was the first year it was cooler, especially in the evenings (I ended up wearing jeans and a hoodie most evenings).

Crowd wise, we've noticed a steady increase in crowds over the years, and EPCOT seems to always be the busiest with the Food and Wine Festival going on. However, saying that, crowds are manageable.

B

We went 10/16-10/23 in 2010 and loved the F&W Festival, the fall decor at MK, as well as the more comfortable, but still warm, temps. We found the crowds to be busy though, certainly more than we anticipated. We'd go again in October in a heartbeat.

We have gone in October (mainly the second or third week) the last 10years.
Most years the weather is warm and not too humid, but we were there in the record temps on 2009 and one year we wore light weight jackets. It is not as humid as during the summer. Remember, this is hurricane season. We left 18 hours before the storm came to Orlando one year.
Each and every October has been busier than the previous year. It is no longer a quiet time of year. MNSSHP and the Food & Wine fests bring crowds. Also various areas of the country have fall break this time of the year.
I don't think the crowds are as bad as mid summer or the holidays, but it is definitely busy.
Enjoy.

We went Oct 9-15 last October. The weather was mid 80s every day, sunny, and not humid. We loved the Halloween party and had a fantastic time, but it was crowded. We didn't have really bad crowds every day of our trip, but it was much busier than what we had expected given the predictions. I think most of our days, the crowd levels were predicted to be about 4 or 5 and turned out more like an actual of 7 or 8. For example, the day we went to Hollywood Studios, the calendar predicted it to be a 4.5 and it was actually a 9.1 :scared1:, so we left and went to Epcot.

We're hoping for a much lower crowd level during our trip this November...no, we're not going during the Thanksgiving crowds. :)

We usually go in April and have been in June once (never again if I can help it!) But last year we went in October... the kids and I were talking about how much we loved going in October on our way home for school today! It was perfect. Temps were great, crowds were low, the decorations were very impressive, and the Food and Wine Festival was our favorite part. I have tweens who really like to try new foods and this was a wonderful way to sample food from around the world. Their favorite was the escargot in France. If the school calendar cooperates we will go again in October whenever possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter