• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October park hours updated again (9/16pm)

With shorter hours on party days, could be people are skipping ADRs for lunch in the parks and doing a late dinner elsewhere.

If they are extended hours, it will be very busy. How it can be busier than it usally it is and with all the reports of less guests due to Zika/Brazil/exchange rates is beyond me.

I thought maybe that was the case so I looked at availability across all the parks and there was a lot of ADR availablity at all of the parks!

I love doing "brunch" at Crystal Palace. We used to do PPO, but we've switched to that 10:30-10:45 window the past few trips. It's really great on the days the park opens at 8 am. We even have a 7 am opening one day during our October trip. Those early morning park hours are the best. And then a late breakfast hits the spot!
I don't disagree with you, but have you ever seen those t-shirts that say "I'm Sorry For What I Said When I Was Hungry?"

Sums up my daughter pretty perfectly. And on day one of the trip, her clock is going to be messed up -- we have to be on our way to the airport at 6AM :crazy2: the day before. And a time zone change.

I'll probably keep the early breakfast on the basis of:

1. I love Pooh.

2. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

3. If I make my kid wait 2 extra hours for a full breakfast, I will regret it, which is not the way to start a week-long trip.

Sigh.

I thought maybe that was the case so I looked at availability across all the parks and there was a lot of ADR availablity at all of the parks!
Interesting! Know it usually seems easier to get an ADR in Epcot during f&w. This year seeing tons of eat to beat open my dates
Wonder if people are still going to wdw but cutting back to room only or CS dining pkg due to exchange rate issues?

Interesting! Know it usually seems easier to get an ADR in Epcot during f&w. This year seeing tons of eat to beat open my dates
Wonder if people are still going to wdw but cutting back to room only or CS dining pkg due to exchange rate issues?

Who knows?! The other interesting piece is that there are lots of reports that the resorts are packed for October. So extended hours and packed resorts, but lots of ADR availability!? We put our plans in place assuming it will be busy, so that's what I'm gonna go with and then be pleasantly surprised if it's not lol!

With shorter hours on party days, could be people are skipping ADRs for lunch in the parks and doing a late dinner elsewhere.

If they are extended hours, it will be very busy. How it can be busier than it usally it is and with all the reports of less guests due to Zika/Brazil/exchange rates is beyond me.

This is the point that has me completely baffled. :confused3

Wow. I assume buses will be operating to get us to MK by 7 am!! Will have to drag mine out of bed .....

Who knows?! The other interesting piece is that there are lots of reports that the resorts are packed for October. So extended hours and packed resorts, but lots of ADR availability!? We put our plans in place assuming it will be busy, so that's what I'm gonna go with and then be pleasantly surprised if it's not lol!

Me too! The Disney spin I read is raising the day ticket price will allow for less guests in the park while still earning the same revenue to satisfy the bean counters. I've heard better fairy tales lol.

So many people book so far out to obtain the best airfare, etc. perhaps they are keeping to the plan to avoid eating non-refundablecosts, but cutting corners where they can.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I don't buy for a second that the lower summer and September crowds will continue into October. The last few Octobers have been crazy busy in the parks and I expect next month to be the same. Too many fall breaks, too many people love F&W/MNSSHP and the weather finally cools off a smidge.

Wow, it seems they extended the MK hours every day! Good for getting your money's worth, bad sign for crowds.

Ugh! This is nice but quite frustrating. Every time we have gotten a PPO Crystal Palace breakfast, they extend the hours! This year I was hopeful, but we have had THREE reservations where they extended the hours.

The day of my PPO CP breakfast MK now opens at 8 and other MK day I have planned is the day they didn't extend opening hours and I can't get a PPO that day. I really wanted a picture on Main Street while its empty. This is our once in a life time trip so I'm a little sad

The day of my PPO CP breakfast MK now opens at 8 and other MK day I have planned is the day they didn't extend opening hours and I can't get a PPO that day. I really wanted a picture on Main Street while its empty. This is our once in a life time trip so I'm a little sad
Keep looking, an ADR can still open up, even as late as the day before. People will cancel to avoid the no-show fee.

Where are you seeing those changes? I don't see them on Disney's site.

ETA: I see changes the first week of the month on the TA calendar.
I can't find my bookmark for the TA calendar. Would you mind telling me where I can find this please?

Count me as yet another person whose PPO BOG ressie is rendered useless. My DH thought I was crazy for booking both a breakfast and lunch ADR for BOG on the same day, but now I'm 99% sure that our 8 am ADR will get cancelled since the park now opens at 8. Remind me again why Disney encourage ms me to make my plans 180 days in advance when they end up changing the hours less than 45 days before the trip actually takes place.

our dates Oct 29 to Nov 5 Animal Kingdom Is opened from 9am to 830pm anyone knows what's going on there

We usually go in October so we're used to those crowds. Is it really going to be spring break/Christmas level crowds this year? That's the only time I've seen so many 8am opens!

Count me as yet another person whose PPO BOG ressie is rendered useless. My DH thought I was crazy for booking both a breakfast and lunch ADR for BOG on the same day, but now I'm 99% sure that our 8 am ADR will get cancelled since the park now opens at 8. Remind me again why Disney encourage ms me to make my plans 180 days in advance when they end up changing the hours less than 45 days before the trip actually takes place.

They change park hours all of the time, and that can include while you are on your vacation. If they think the crowds will be larger than first expected, they will extend park hours.

For the most part I stopped making pre-park opening ADRs when they rolled out FP+. First off, now I don't need to be at the parks at open to grab a FP for a ride I want to get on, I can sleep in if I feel like it. Second, when they make these hour changes I'm not affected and stressed out by them. I make my ADR for 10 am or so. That way I can still get breakfast, and I can sleep in or hit the park at rope drop and not have to worry.

When I do make a pre-park opening ADR it is for the food, and not to see a sort of empty park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter