• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2021 Discount?

Patrick Gavin

Earning My Ears
Heading down on 10/1. Should I expect a discount? The newest one released this morning only runs until 9/29/21.

Could Disney possibly NOT offer a discount for the kickoff of the 50th Anniversary?

There is very little availability that weekend so I'm not surprised they're not offering a discount.

We are going 10/16-22...fingers crossed for some kind of discount...in the past, when have they released late fall discounts?

Discounts come out when Disney wants to rent more rooms. Right now the inventory is slim for Oct. because of 50th Anniversary, Guests missing WDW, and Halloween. So not expecting a discount for Oct/Nov. Hope I'm wrong.
Edit: I looked at Dec too. Not looking good at all, Christmas, New Years.

Last edited:
We are going 10/16-22...fingers crossed for some kind of discount...in the past, when have they released late fall discounts?

Fall discounts have been released as early as April, as late as July. But unsold room inventory dictates the discount and how many rooms are offered. Quite a few people found their room type not available to rebook during the late Summer discount.

For instance, for your trip, Oct. 16-22, ...
  • Deluxe rooms are sold out with two exceptions – the $825/night Contemporary Theme Park View or Saratoga Springs 1 Bedroom Villa (and AKL, which is still closed)
  • Moderate rooms are sold out ... every ... single ... one (Port Orleans isn't open), only the FW Cabins are available
The chances are a discount in October seem slim to none, except maybe for a Value, and I'm guessing they are running out of space as well. Yes, Disney can open 7,000 rooms at AS and PO which could affect Values and Moderates, but Deluxes are probably going to be full price.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm not seeing much availability in 2021 at all.... yet Park Reservations aren't maxed out.

Try to book a stay that includes a weekend or two and the options are very limited... My guess is Disney is waiting to see how things go, and that will determine on how they will proceed. But it sure seems like they could start adding more capacity at existing resorts and move to bring others on line before Oct 1st. But then if Disney starts running into the same issues of getting people to come back to work that the rest of the nation is having, might not be anywhere close to being able to meet demand levels.

Back in March I couldn't find a Value or Moderate and went ahead and booked Dolphin for a Nov trip... still don't see rooms at Disney, and the Dolphin is now $220 more than I booked it for. While I'd love to see them discount it below what I booked it for, or better to see Disney offer a Free Dining Package... I'm not expecting to see it.

I am going down Oct 23-30.... booked a rack rate for YC and I'm worried that the 50th Anniversary (not what I was going down for, honestly) is going to ruin my chances at getting an AP rate or a discount, but this does give me some hope about discounts after Columbus Day weekend.

It's way over the budget I initially intended, so I'm fingers crossed that it wasn't a mistake to make!

discounts after Columbus Day weekend.
I am booked end of Oct. With no discounts. I would assume there will not be a discount, and if its out of your comfort range, then book something cheaper..... if anything is available.
If a discount happens, YEA!

Not much available left! The goal was Epcot area, as it is my SO's first time on property. Had a split stay at YC/BW, but took the plunge for a full week when a rogue water view arrived :cutie: Still trying to stay positive, tho!

You could check resorts on the Skyliner route. Caribbean Beach, Riviera, Art of Animation, Pop??? Swan, Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter