October 2017 - SO EXCITED!!

Megara84

Earning My Ears
We booked a trip to Disneyworld for October 2017 aaaages ago and we were so excited to be visiting at Halloween. Then a few months later my lovely boyfriend proposed and we were even more excited!!

We planned the wedding for this July and made the tough but sensible choice to push the disney trip back to April 2018, so we could afford both a little easier.

Fast forward a few months and some very good fortune has meant that we are able to go to in October after all! We'd totally made our peace with going in April 2018 so this now feels like a huge bonus holiday and we can't believe we now only have nine months until we go! SO much fun planning to do!!

It's my first trip to Disneyworld so I have a feeling a might have a few questions...

Sorry for the lengthy, and possibly dull, post but I wanted to share my extreme excitement with people who understand!!

DISNEY COCKTAILS. ARGH!!!!!

Very Exciting!!

What are your dates? We're out there 13th-21st October. Will be our first Halloween time trip :D

So, we originally booked to arrive at Disney on 26th October and then have 8 nights at Yacht Club. However I believe that's smack bang in the middle of UK half term so we're thinking of pushing it to the beginning of October instead. Although want to avoid American school holidays as well...

We're there 20th - 3rd - halfterm flight prices sucked a bit (and it's not even my half term, how unfair!) but it's worth it to be there on Halloween.

So, we originally booked to arrive at Disney on 26th October and then have 8 nights at Yacht Club. However I believe that's smack bang in the middle of UK half term so we're thinking of pushing it to the beginning of October instead. Although want to avoid American school holidays as well...

Sounds good! We are at Beach Club, you'll love that area of WDW :)

Don't be scared to ask questions on the resort thread, they are a really friendly bunch :)

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...rb-news-post-1.3400342/page-759#post-56946488

We're there 20th - 3rd - halfterm flight prices sucked a bit (and it's not even my half term, how unfair!) but it's worth it to be there on Halloween.

And that was another reason we decided to bring it forward a bit, the flights through Norwegian are so much cheaper towards the beginning of the year.

I don't suppose anyone knows the dates of the American school holidays in 2017? I know for 2016 it was the beginning of October, which potentially makes this a tricky time to go as well.

Columbus Day second Monday in Oct, so thats a long weekend, that will be busy. Looks like in general, the week off will be later at the end of the month.

This Crowd calendar is usually pretty good :http://**************.net/2015/10/04/disney-world-crowds-in-2017/

Columbus Day second Monday in Oct, so thats a long weekend, that will be busy. Looks like in general, the week off will be later at the end of the month.

This Crowd calendar is usually pretty good :http://**************.net/2015/10/04/disney-world-crowds-in-2017/

Ah okay, thanks so much! Currently we're planning to try and change our arrival date to Disney 12th October, so hopefully that should be a good eight days to miss the main bulk of the crowds. Fingers crossed!

This will be out first time going during Halloween and Christmas as we go 25th Oct - 15th Nov. Sooo excited too! Wish the UK would celebrate Halloween more so can't wait to experience it in the USA

Tell them at Disney that it's your Honeymoon and they will make your visit special. You can have little treats and special additions to your dining like chocolate congratulations desserts and even sometimes a free glass of champagne each with compliments of the restaurant staff. Make sure you pick up celebratory "buttons" when you check in. You can wear them for your entire stay and the CMs love to meet newly weds and Photopass CMs love to make a special photo shot for you in any park. Don't be surprised if the characters want to see your rings too they love interacting with guests. Have fun xx.

We will be there 17th to 27th October - 3 generations and first visit for our littlest littlie - not going over the top with pre-planning as we don't want it to be stressful but definitely will make some restaurant bookings as we've learnt from experience that's a necessity!

Tell them at Disney that it's your Honeymoon and they will make your visit special. You can have little treats and special additions to your dining like chocolate congratulations desserts and even sometimes a free glass of champagne each with compliments of the restaurant staff. Make sure you pick up celebratory "buttons" when you check in. You can wear them for your entire stay and the CMs love to meet newly weds and Photopass CMs love to make a special photo shot for you in any park. Don't be surprised if the characters want to see your rings too they love interacting with guests. Have fun xx.

I've just seen this, sorry! Thanks so much though, such a good tip. I'd pretty much do anything for free champagne so we'll be telling everyone we see that it's our honeymoon now! x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter