~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

I am so excited! I got a notification that I could make fast pass reservations for River of Light on the 17th. I hurried and made them and just hope it doesn't get postponed again. We hadn't planned on going to a park that day as we are leaving early the next morning. But I will just get everything done early and just go for the evening. Hopefully we will get to see it and what a great way to spend our last day. We were at Animal Kingdom yesterday and it was so hot and humid we left at 4. It wasn't very busy and we were able to do everything we wanted and some things twice.

My son goes home today to a very cold Minnesota. I hear that it's going to start warming up though. Makes it a little easier to go back. So far no one has had to come and shovel our driveways, so that's good.

Just going back to Disney Springs after the airport. We walked all over the first time, but this time we'll just stick to the Disney shopping side. We didn't get too much last time, but this time I plan on getting some things for the grandkids. I did fill a potato head box my daughter wanted for her preschool. It has been so nice with my annual pass discount. I've tried to save most of my receipts to see how much it saved me. It was worth it just for the free parking though.

How can we be at the last day already?
So happy that you got the truck back and the cost wasn't too terrible. I don't know where time goes. I was under the weather for a few days, my daughter was home for a quick visit and we celebrated Lil' Miss M's First Birthday. Hard to believe she is one! Time is flying!!!

Sorry, I didn't get to post that picture for some reason I can't get it to post and when I have time to figure it out I forget. Someday I will get it to you. LOL

Glad Allison is figuring things out. It's never easy to step back and let them take control. It is a hard lesson to learn, but that's part of life. Sometimes it takes them a little longer to figure out what they want to do. In the end what is meant to be will be for her.

So hope have a wonderful time with Myrthe. So excited that you get to spend sometime with her.

In other news, my daughter and her friends from college want to do WDW next year. Gives them time to save and I was volunteered to book the trip etc... for them. As I was told, "Mom, you make it more magical". Not too sure if I will be going, but I completely understand if she wants to enjoy it with her friends.

I am off to go help shovel out the cars. Today we are expecting at least 18" of snow and at the moment we have about 10" and it's still coming down.

The painters are finally starting today. We are having them do a lot of refinishing work on the six doors in the kitchen, bathroom and back entrance. They will put on new doorknobs too. I'll send you pictures when it is finished. :)

My real life had finally slowed down enough for me to spend some time on the Dis. It paid off, too. I had seen rumors of Rivers of Ligjt starting soon so I went ahead and made dinner reservations at Yak & Yeti. Today they released the fast passes for the show and I quickly got them. Now we are set. It pays to hang around here. ;)

I have my second and final photodynamic therapy tomorrow. It is supposed to kill all the pre-cancers on my face. It means that I have to stay away from all light for 48 hours, especially computers. :(

Good morning everyone! I don't have a lot of time this morning for replies - so I am just trying to catch up on a few - so I don't have to spend so much time on them this weekend. ;)

Good morning D, I've so enjoyed following your trip reports and especially love your house renovations. i look forward to getting up in the morning ,having my coffee and checking for updates. Is that sad? Ha! You really have a talent with your creations and your decorating style and it certainly has passed down to your girls.i'd like to say it has inspired me to get up and going with some of my own projects ... we'll see. Thanks for the great trip report. Joanne

Awwwh - I am so happy to hear that you've enjoyed my TRs and our house renos... Life is crazy sometimes - and it's been a chaotic year... It's kind of nice to have that "sigh of relief" after it's all over. ::yes::

It sounds like you and I have our coffee together most mornings. ;)

Thank you for all of the compliments - I am happy to hear that you are working on your own projects - it's fun isn't it? :)

Thanks for stopping by - it was nice to meet you! :lovestruc

That is nice to hear that Allison got a new job. It is hard to know what you want to do with your life when you have a very limited experience with what the options are. Our son has had a bit of a rough road. Our youngest daughter got a degree in one field, graphic design, worked in that field for years, and then went to nursing school and is now an RN and works in a hospital. So you never know what your kids are finally going to end up doing.

I've enjoyed your trip report. Your final evening and next morning looked very relaxing. Your resort room had a lovely view and it was nice that you could take advantage of it.

You sure got your money's worth out of that annual pass, though.
I bet she hoped all the stuff didn't crash down on her.

It is nice that your resort room had a balcony. What did you do when you stayed at POFQ?

We were always ready to go home after about six nights when we went traveled with our kids. We got tired of eating Disney food, too. We enjoyed the trips when we stayed in a villa and had a full kitchen. Being able to make a real breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice was really nice.

They sure take their own paths - don't they? Allison seems to be flourishing with working hard and having a reason for it... I think this is going to be a good lesson for her - whether she realizes it soon or not. ::yes::

Thank you - we sure enjoy staying at SoG - especially the price... Can't beat it!

When we stayed at FQ - I just sat in our room at the table and did my morning FB/Dising.... It was nothing spectacular - believe me. :) I still enjoyed it though... Even without the balcony - any morning in WDW is a great one! ::yes::

That sounds lovely though... When Suzi and I stayed at AKL - we didn't even touch the kitchen once, even though we very well could have. :)

How great that you are getting a lot done in your sewing room.

I hope you can find some time to visit your dad the coming week.

I Google Dave Ramsey and found his 7 Baby Steps. I see his advice is to have $1000 for emergency found. In Norway they recommend that you have at least 2 months worth of your salary as an emergency found. So I have at least that. They only thing on his 7 Baby Step list I haven't done is set aside money for retirement. Which I should have started a long time ago.

I practiced getting my electrical wheelchair out of the car again on Monday. It went better than the last time because I did it a little different than last time. This time I was able to practice twice before I felt that it was enough at the time. I found out that I need to get tape on the floor of the car to mark where the wheelchair has to be to be in the middle of the car so I can get out of the back door the best and easiest way. Today I went to the store to buy tape. Tomorrow the plan is to get the tape on the floor of the car so everything is ready to practice again on Thursday.

Yes - it's so nice... The week I was able to work pretty far ahead - which is always nice! It's kind of been a relief to not have a trip on the horizon - then I can just concentrate on my normal work load. :)

I think we are heading up there sometime this weekend. ::yes:: That's the plan as of now - weather and travel should be good. :)

Well - the $1000 emergency fund is only a temporary emergency fund - while you are paying off debt. Once the debt is paid off - then you build your permanent 3-6 month of expenses emergency fund. Bringing the fund so low while you are paying off debt is supposed to create an "urgency" feeling to get it done quickly - as most people (including me) don't like to have so little in funds. The program has worked out well for millions of people - so I have a lot of hope that it will work for us too. :lovestruc

Glad you were able to get some practice with your wheelchair and your van - I think the tape on the floor is an excellent idea - I hope it works out well for you! :)

i FINALLY get on the dis since i have some time to myself and find this DONE? Trip over? ugh if i could cry for you i would.
WHAT?
there is so much to comment on but i can't remember everything. your PP pictures are so cute as always, I DO like the main street ones different perspective and i love them.
You and your dis meets are a huge part of your life glad the girls don't get upset about having to stop for them! LOL.. Love your girls.
Speaking of.. Someone had red shoes with Mickey on them.. They were so flipping cute!
The last of you bags you switched are adorable!!

Chip! You had some fantastic character interactions!! makes it all worth it!!
HA! you shared your sweatshirt.. Was it that chilly out for a sweatshirt? I would like to try disney with a little cooler temps!
Like suzi just had.

The Poly.. Do i even need to comment on this?
I don't think i need to.

OH! your home.. I really want you to come and redo my house. including the organizing and cleaning..
Just sayin!

I have really been thinking of an adult trip. But HOW to get away from my kids? I doubt this very much. Still good to dream.

Yes our epic Dis meets sure fell to the wayside. Again that pesky money just gets in the way! I would LOVE to come out to you... I have been looking at dog shows in your area.. bring the crazy family and let em loose at MOA.
I need a new sweatshirt
Speaking of.. I am wearing my bubba gump shirt now!

Oh this:

My house is RIGHT THERE. i can't believe you can't see that..
straight in the middle all the way up by the lake.
Here let me zoom in on it:

See? You captured it perfectly! Looks like i need some roof repairs..

Hi MO!!!! I"ve been slacking big time too! Miss you tons!!!

The girls are usually pretty good with Dis meets - most of the people they have met before - or at least heard about - so they are pretty easy going... And I don't mind if they go off on their own once they are introduced. :) I try not to make my Dismeets last too long either - as I know that we all have stuff we want to see and do. :lovestruc

It was pretty chilly out that morning - and a sweatshirt was nice... Though later in the day - it got quite warm - but I didn't want to carry it - so I just suffered. ::yes::

We ate at Bubba Gumps yesterday - as always - I thought of you girls... Miss you TONS!!!! :lovestruc

Oh yes - I do see your house now... I agree - I think you may need some roof work done? :scratchin

I would be thrilled to come and spend your $$ to re-do your house - it would be SOOOO FUN!!! :woohoo:

Although - I would love it if we could coordinate another Epic Dismeet soon, it's been too long and I miss you girls like crazy! :cry: Though I agree - the $$ situation could be better.

Love ya, my friend! Sending you hugs - a lot of hugs today!!! :lovestruc

I understand your food overload - I feel the same way. And yes, I do want to eat at all my favorite restaurants, but we've found we just can't eat that much every trip. I've put back almost half of the weight I lost last year and I'm working hard to get it off. Found out I need to have surgery on my knee for a torn meniscus - that is scheduled for Thursday. My brother is going to take me since Charlie is working out of town. He is able to come home on the weekends, but spends all week away.

Unfortunately, we have to let our kids learn some hard lessons sometimes. I'm sorry Alison did not decide to finish her course, but as you said, its her decision.

I hope your surgery went well yesterday - thinking of you!!! Sending Pixie Dust for a quick healing!

I know the food at WDW is just too much sometimes - yet you want to fit it all in, because you don't know when your next chance will be. :scratchin

It is hard - very hard... Ahhh...

It's always sad when a trip ends, but it looks like it was a great trip overall, and that's wonderful. I know what you mean about being busy... We got home from my father-in-law's funeral at 12:30 am this morning. It was a fast trip, and so busy and draining and emotional, but I'm so glad we were able to go. I came home with a cold, which is not fun.
For what it's worth (which is nothing, LOL!), I think you're doing the right thing by letting Allison learn this difficult life lesson. She'll be a better person for it. I'm glad she found a job that she enjoys. Parenting adult/almost adult children is hard...we had a bit of a bump in that road yesterday after the funeral as we were preparing to head to the airport....and I wondered for a moment if my children were 22 and 17 or 7 and 2...LOL..... Such is life!

It was a great trip!

So sad to hear about your FIL - but I am glad your entire family was able to be there to celebrate his life.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

I value everyone's opinions here - trust me! :hug: She seems to be thriving quite well with working and having a goal to meet financially every month... Although - I am not sure I like the fact that her friends tease her for having to be on a budget... This is REAL life kids - and budget are a fact of it. ::yes::

Anyways - I hope you are feeling better and you have a nice weekend. :lovestruc

AAACK! The last day!!! So many feels! What great memories, though! I have loved all 3 of these trip reports. Funnily enough, I have never stayed at the Poly even though we have DVC points there. My DH bought them for an anniversary gift before we found out that we would be moving to Japan. So, I know someday we will be staying there. Your pictures make me anxious to make that happen! I enjoy your life updates! Your life overhauls are inspiring, and helps to know that everyone struggles with life but commitment pays off.
So, last weekend (you probably saw the pics on FB) we went to this place- it's hard to know what to call it- it had an indoor play place for kids, pool tables, stuff like that and then it had all of these small rooms where you can eat & do karaoke. It was a command function (Marines of all ranks from the office), so it was a mixed group. It was kind of strange but a lot of fun. Anyway, someone posted a horrible picture of me on FB. I didn't want to offend her by untagging myself, but ugh! I just had to let it go, but it made me really want to commit harder to working out, etc.

Unrelated, but very Disney Related- my husband starting talking about meeting my parents in Hawaii for Christmas next year. THen he talked to my brother about it & after a lot of back & forth; we have a house rented for Christmas! And we are trying to figure out a way to do 3-4 days at Aulani before or after the whole family arrives. We have the points now, but I am afraid anything we can afford will be gone at our 7 month mark. I am determined to make it happen, though. I am hoping to get some advice here on the Dis about trading points or something as I know nothing about it. So that also has me committed to getting into better shape. I am really excited about it! A bucket list trip and also, I get to see my family!!

I have to agree with another poster above about the phase 2 30Day Shred. Holy Planks, Batman! You did warn me, though, LOL!

Looking forward to the wrap up posts here & the new PTR. Let me know when to pack up for the move: I should be a pro at moving at this point, LOL. Have a great week.

Yup - we survived another trip! LOL

Oooh - yes, you NEED to use those points at the Poly! Life doesn't get much better than that resort - IMO... Although - I've never "technically" stayed there, and likely never will - staying at SoG and using the Poly as a "hub" is probably the closest I will ever get. LOL It's OK though. :lovestruc

I did not see the pictures you were referring to - I don't think... But I know exactly how you feel - I have SEVERAL of my own, all of them recent - which make me feel much the same way. At least it's motivation - even if it's hard to get past. Wishing you lots of success in this area, as I know how hard it is to overcome and see the change in yourself. :hug:

Ooooh - that is SUPER exciting!!! :woohoo: Congrats!!! I cannot wait to hear about your planning for this!

Yah - that Level 2 is murder! I hate doing it!

Thanks - have a wonderful weekend! :lovestruc

That was me!! I did level 2 for the 3rd time today and still feel like I'm flailing around like a fish out of water!! :fish:My hands even hurt from always being on the floor.....hopefully it gets better. Thankfully I have people here who understand because no one else wants to listen to me!

Yah - I've been doing Level 2 off n' on for 3 years - and I still look like I am crazy - LOL I don't think it ever gets better? LOL Though I totally understand. :lmao:

*************************************************************************************************************

Sorry guys - I'll do the rest of the replies tomorrow - I just didn't have enough time this morning...

As usual - it's been a crazy week! I've been working a lot! A LOT! I am making so much progress with work that it's very motivating to keep going. ::yes::

I am working out and eating well - most days - or at least trying... I've been terrible about entering all of my food in MFP all week - I need to get back to that asap! I detest it... I wish I could just eat intuitively and have that be the end of it - but alas, I cannot.

The girls and Josh and the dogs are doing well - nothing new to report there...

We did get to meet up with Myrthe and Machteld yesterday for lunch - something we were all very much looking forward to. Myrthe flew in to MN with her parents on Tuesday... and she leaves today - though her parents are here for a few more weeks. Her trip was a whirlwind trip and we are so thankful that we were able to spend some time with her... I am so thankful to have her as an ally and a Sister-in-Law! :lovestruc

A few pictures from the MOA yesterday... We had lunch at Bubba Gump's.

2D35FC81-56C4-4D4A-8DAA-F0C325511BC5.jpg

89F30DC5-7F62-4043-A38D-07C55585464D.jpg

1DBA7C52-D3CA-4115-AB66-CB87487E78B0.jpg

8C11FDC2-D4DB-446D-BCEB-EBF83D890CB1.png

And - as always - she brought our favorite treats from Europe... She replenished Allison's favorite tea and she brought V's favorite Lays Paprika flavored chips (called Wokkels)...

2BB702E8-EE46-4C59-97A7-453B9C864D8C.png

21DABBAE-560F-4A6F-A87B-A93BFCD7B311.png

I didn't take pictures of my favorites... but my favorites are spekulaas (it's a ginger-bread type cookie and sometimes comes in a cake variation, as well)... and Biz (lime flavor) - which are actually from Brazil - Myrthe's sister lives in Brazil and always sends extra Biz for me. :lovestruc

Josh's brother sent over a few of his favorite Belgium beers for Josh to enjoy - he was pretty excited about that! :woohoo:

As always - it's terribly sad to say goodbye to her... One of the sweetest and real people I have ever had in my life - someone I strive to model my life as - though I never seem to get it quite right. LOL :lovestruc

Today is grocery shopping day for me... It's supposed to be pretty warm here for Feb - in the 40's... So, I am thinking flip flops and capris are in order for today... I've been on winter strike for weeks - wearing my flip flops with jeans - I am so OVER long pants & shoes at this point. LOL

I hope you all have an amazing day!!! :lovestruc I will check in tomorrow to do the rest of the replies - and any new ones, and I also plan to do a few TR updates this weekend! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

I didn't take pictures of my favorites... but my favorites are spekulaas (it's a ginger-bread type cookie and sometimes comes in a cake variation, as well)... and Biz (lime flavor) - which are actually from Brazil - Myrthe's sister lives in Brazil and always sends extra Biz for me. :lovestruc

Hi,D!! My daughter Leila is going to USA in an exchange student program and we found out yesterday that she is going to Richmond,Texas. She wants to bring some Brazilian treats to her American family and I think I'm going to include some lime-flavored Biz ( we think it's funny that you like it so much, lime it's not very popular here, we like the chocolate and white chocolate versions).
I love to read your TR and your daily routine, it's not boring at all, in fact it's really comforting to see that other people struggle with the same problems that we have and that everything eventually ends up right.Please continue to write, I look forward to it everyday!:lovestruc

I'm glad you got to meet Myrthe for lunch. It must be hard having family so far away. It was nice of her to bring treats for all of you.
It's good to hear that your all caught up with your work.
I must say that you look really good in those pictures.
Not too much is going on right now, we did go to the mall on Sunday. This mall has an Alex and Ani store and a Vera Bradley store. We did get new bracelets but decided to wait until the big outlet sale to buy new Vera stuff.
I just paid my property for the year. I had budgeted for it but it still hurts to write a check that big. The weather here has been crazy. Earlier this week it was almost 60. Now it's in the teens. I'm sick of winter and winter clothes, too.
Have a good day
Liz

Looks like you had a great time at lunch with Myrthe and Machteld. How great that they had gifts for you all from Europe.

The practicing with the wheelchair went well. It was so much easier to see where the wheelchair had to be in the car to get it out on the lift when I got the tape on the floor. Crossing my fingers that the tape will stay on the floor for a while and that it not looses from the floor after just a few days. I planned to take the electrical wheelchair when shopping today, but when I came to the mall and saw how busy it was in the parking lot I decided to take my manual wheelchair. But on Monday I will take the electrical wheelchair when I go shopping. I need to practice driving the wheelchair around. I'm still not used to the electrical wheelchair since I haven't felt comfortable getting it out of the car. The mall is also a good place to practice because there is a lot of space and it's inside and warm. It's too cold outside now during winter to practice outside.

It's mother's day here in Norway on Sunday. So today I bought some scrapbooking supplies as a gift for my mother that I will give her on Sunday.

Awe.... I can't believe it's the end of the trip :(
I really enjoyed following along -- you do wonderful reporting :) Looking forward to your next!

Surgery was postponed for another month - its been crazy here - the temps were in the 60s on Tuesday and Wednesday and then Thursday we were supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow. My brother was going to take me to the surgery center because Charlie is out of town, however, he called on Wed and said he wouldn't be able to get out of his development if it snowed. So I called and postponed until Charlie is home. :o. Turns out, we had about an inch here at my house, roads were clear all the way to the city, however my brother lives a bit further out in a more rural area. I know he would have been stressed about getting out and getting to my house on time. All is good. Thanks for your good wishes!:lovestruc Have a good time with your Dad!

I am so excited! I got a notification that I could make fast pass reservations for River of Light on the 17th. I hurried and made them and just hope it doesn't get postponed again. We hadn't planned on going to a park that day as we are leaving early the next morning. But I will just get everything done early and just go for the evening. Hopefully we will get to see it and what a great way to spend our last day. We were at Animal Kingdom yesterday and it was so hot and humid we left at 4. It wasn't very busy and we were able to do everything we wanted and some things twice.

My son goes home today to a very cold Minnesota. I hear that it's going to start warming up though. Makes it a little easier to go back. So far no one has had to come and shovel our driveways, so that's good.

Just going back to Disney Springs after the airport. We walked all over the first time, but this time we'll just stick to the Disney shopping side. We didn't get too much last time, but this time I plan on getting some things for the grandkids. I did fill a potato head box my daughter wanted for her preschool. It has been so nice with my annual pass discount. I've tried to save most of my receipts to see how much it saved me. It was worth it just for the free parking though.

That is super exciting!!! I was so hoping this show would be ready while we were down there in October - as there were several rumors that it would be. I am actually surprised - with the amount of rumors we had - that it took so long for it to actually be open... I kind of expected it sooner. I am very excited for you though - I have heard great things about it already! :woohoo:

It's super nice out there now... I took the dogs out and it was actually pleasant. I didn't look at the temp, but I was surprised at how warm it felt. :scratchin I hope your son made it home OK. :)

I do like the Disney shopping side the best - in Oct, we never really made it anywhere else and didn't have much of an interest in doing so. It sounds like you were able to get some good souvies?? I totally agree - I am glad Disney finally gave some decent perks to AP holders - it sure makes the AP much more of a value. ::yes:: I sure miss mine. One day - I will get another one and again make it worth my while. :)

How can we be at the last day already?
So happy that you got the truck back and the cost wasn't too terrible. I don't know where time goes. I was under the weather for a few days, my daughter was home for a quick visit and we celebrated Lil' Miss M's First Birthday. Hard to believe she is one! Time is flying!!!

Sorry, I didn't get to post that picture for some reason I can't get it to post and when I have time to figure it out I forget. Someday I will get it to you. LOL

Glad Allison is figuring things out. It's never easy to step back and let them take control. It is a hard lesson to learn, but that's part of life. Sometimes it takes them a little longer to figure out what they want to do. In the end what is meant to be will be for her.

So hope have a wonderful time with Myrthe. So excited that you get to spend sometime with her.

In other news, my daughter and her friends from college want to do WDW next year. Gives them time to save and I was volunteered to book the trip etc... for them. As I was told, "Mom, you make it more magical". Not too sure if I will be going, but I completely understand if she wants to enjoy it with her friends.

I am off to go help shovel out the cars. Today we are expecting at least 18" of snow and at the moment we have about 10" and it's still coming down.

Yup - the truck is back and A-OK... Knock on wood. ::yes::

No worries - I look forward to it when you get the chance. :)

Ahhh - I sure hope so... It's really nerve wracking to sit here on my hands and do nothing... :scratchin

We did - she is so sweet... She made it home safely last night, which is always a relief to hear.

FUN!!! That will be exciting and how awesome that they want you to plan - it sure would be nice if they would also let you tag along... :woohoo:

Hope you all didn't get as much snow as they were forecasting... Stay warm!

The painters are finally starting today. We are having them do a lot of refinishing work on the six doors in the kitchen, bathroom and back entrance. They will put on new doorknobs too. I'll send you pictures when it is finished.

My real life had finally slowed down enough for me to spend some time on the Dis. It paid off, too. I had seen rumors of Rivers of Ligjt starting soon so I went ahead and made dinner reservations at Yak & Yeti. Today they released the fast passes for the show and I quickly got them. Now we are set. It pays to hang around here.

I have my second and final photodynamic therapy tomorrow. It is supposed to kill all the pre-cancers on my face. It means that I have to stay away from all light for 48 hours, especially computers. (

Yay!!! I cannot wait to see! I've been anxiously waiting! ::yes:: I am certain it will be beautiful!

Congrats!!! This is so exciting - many of my friends on FB have been posting videos of it - it looks phenomenal!!! I cannot wait to see it one day myself!

Good luck - I hope it all goes OK for you! And yikes - I never would have thought of having to avoid screens!!! I hope that goes OK for you and isn't too difficult - I suppose the alternative is much worse, so it's likely pretty easy to give up these things. ::yes:: Sending pixie dust your way! :hug:

Hi,D!! My daughter Leila is going to USA in an exchange student program and we found out yesterday that she is going to Richmond,Texas. She wants to bring some Brazilian treats to her American family and I think I'm going to include some lime-flavored Biz ( we think it's funny that you like it so much, lime it's not very popular here, we like the chocolate and white chocolate versions).
I love to read your TR and your daily routine, it's not boring at all, in fact it's really comforting to see that other people struggle with the same problems that we have and that everything eventually ends up right.Please continue to write, I look forward to it everyday!

That is exciting!! How long will she be here? The whole school year? Or just summer? How exciting for her though!!!

Hahaha - yah - I love Biz... I have a nice stash of all the flavors... I would have to say that vanilla is my least favorite (I honestly don't like it at all)... Though I love the chocolate and especially the lime - I think I like the lime most because there really is nothing like that over here. ::yes:: I took a picture of my "stash" for you... Hehehe... I am still working on my Biz from Christmas... I freeze them to keep them fresh longer - and since they don't actually freeze - they just get really cold - I like to eat them that way. ::yes::

490A1F7E-7A29-4AAA-9ED6-FF5FC33F1FF9.jpg

I am glad you enjoy reading my TR and my daily updates... I really enjoy doing them, so I hope that I am able to continue doing so. :lovestruc

I'm glad you got to meet Myrthe for lunch. It must be hard having family so far away. It was nice of her to bring treats for all of you.
It's good to hear that your all caught up with your work.
I must say that you look really good in those pictures.
Not too much is going on right now, we did go to the mall on Sunday. This mall has an Alex and Ani store and a Vera Bradley store. We did get new bracelets but decided to wait until the big outlet sale to buy new Vera stuff.
I just paid my property for the year. I had budgeted for it but it still hurts to write a check that big. The weather here has been crazy. Earlier this week it was almost 60. Now it's in the teens. I'm sick of winter and winter clothes, too.
Have a good day
Liz

It is hard - it's not so hard after you don't see them for a while... but it sure is hard to see them go after spending time with them. I cry every time.

Yes - I am all caught up... I was even able to do some pixie dust for a friend from home... I haven't been able to do that for a LONG time, and I'd forgotten how much joy it brings me. :lovestruc I hope to be able to do it a little more often again.

Awwwh - thank you!!! That means a lot to me! :hug:

Oooh - which bracelets did you get this time???

I would wait for VB too... I've totally stopped buying it for the time being... I prefer the Disney patterns, and I really don't like any of the current patterns they are offering from Disney, and I have quite the stock of the retired ones - enough to last me another 2+ years... Hopefully, sometime soon though - they will come out with something I like. LOL

Congrats on paying a years worth of your property!! :woohoo: That is awesome!!!

Have a great weekend Liz - I hope you are able to get to relax a little bit. :)

Looks like you had a great time at lunch with Myrthe and Machteld. How great that they had gifts for you all from Europe.

The practicing with the wheelchair went well. It was so much easier to see where the wheelchair had to be in the car to get it out on the lift when I got the tape on the floor. Crossing my fingers that the tape will stay on the floor for a while and that it not looses from the floor after just a few days. I planned to take the electrical wheelchair when shopping today, but when I came to the mall and saw how busy it was in the parking lot I decided to take my manual wheelchair. But on Monday I will take the electrical wheelchair when I go shopping. I need to practice driving the wheelchair around. I'm still not used to the electrical wheelchair since I haven't felt comfortable getting it out of the car. The mall is also a good place to practice because there is a lot of space and it's inside and warm. It's too cold outside now during winter to practice outside.

It's mother's day here in Norway on Sunday. So today I bought some scrapbooking supplies as a gift for my mother that I will give her on Sunday.

We did - it was so wonderful seeing them... We are headed to Jan and Machteld's for dinner next weekend - so we will get to see them again soon. :)

I am so glad that your practicing went better this time! I hope it gives you enough confidence to use it more often... I've never considered how intimidating it must be, until you've been talking about it - and I can totally see how it would be... Sending you lots of pixie dust! I know you will be a pro in no time!!! :hug:

Enjoy spending Mother's Day with your mom - it sounds like a wonderful gift you've chosen for her! :lovestruc

Awe.... I can't believe it's the end of the trip
I really enjoyed following along -- you do wonderful reporting Looking forward to your next!

I know - right??? It sure doesn't take long to do 10 days in Disney... Sadly.

I am glad you enjoyed following along... I still have a few updates to do to tidy up around here before I close it down and move on... So, don't run off quite yet. ::yes::

Surgery was postponed for another month - its been crazy here - the temps were in the 60s on Tuesday and Wednesday and then Thursday we were supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow. My brother was going to take me to the surgery center because Charlie is out of town, however, he called on Wed and said he wouldn't be able to get out of his development if it snowed. So I called and postponed until Charlie is home. :o. Turns out, we had about an inch here at my house, roads were clear all the way to the city, however my brother lives a bit further out in a more rural area. I know he would have been stressed about getting out and getting to my house on time. All is good. Thanks for your good wishes! Have a good time with your Dad!

Bummer that it was postponed... Things like that - I get such great anxiety from, I just like to get them over and done with... Though I totally understand the reasons why it's postponed and I agree that it was for the best.

We are headed to Dad's today - it's supposed to be very nice - so it should be a great day for travel. :lovestruc

Have a great weekend Tess! :)

*******************************************************************************************************

Well... Nothing much to update...

I did my grocery shopping yesterday... It went well - I was under budget, which is always my goal... And I have enough left over to get staples until the next trip. ::yes::

I stopped at Caribou and visited Allison yesterday... She made me a little coffee... :lovestruc

7546821F-10C6-4064-87EC-ED80EBDFBE3C.jpg

It's so nice to have my Americanos made with love again!

2D41E545-F6CA-4F31-BA3F-25ABA78CE0ED.jpg

We had a good dinner last night - nothing special, just a take n' bake pizza... I didn't have much because I wasn't all that hungry...

Josh and I had a budget meeting last night... We haven't had one in a long time - and it was so fun to be able to show him my numbers, and get his input! :woohoo: And it's even better to be on the same page! This looks to be an exciting year for us... And I am also excited to say that I will be able to make my first (of hopefully many) debt payment this week... Any of you who have carried old debt for a while (stupid of us, I know) can understand how exciting this is to be at this point and to see the light at the end from the beginning of the tunnel. :woohoo:

I woke this morning to a snapchat from Myrthe - she made it home last night - I was so happy to see that. I went to bed thinking of her still on her long flight.

59bf9874-ccfe-4167-a8a5-237914bb4d66.png

And that's it.

Josh and I are headed to Dad's today... We will visit for a while - though we can't stay too long, as we have to be home in time to take V to work this evening... Which is a bummer. I am just glad we were able to carve out time today to make the trip. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend... I am going to work on a couple of TR updates here this morning. Sending Prayers and Pixie Dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

Victoria ~Growing up Disney~ 2003​

(and a few from Sea World thrown in at the end...)

3eec7e03-b218-4f86-b7d9-4f915708b88b.jpg

IMG14.jpg

IMG02.jpg

IMG09.jpg

IMG14_1.jpg

IMG23.jpg

IMG06.jpg

gG23.jpg

IMG08.jpg

IMG06_1.jpg

IMG12.jpg

IMG07_1.jpg

IMG11_1.jpg

IMG12_1.jpg

IMG07_2.jpg

IMG17_1.jpg

IMG09_2.jpg

IMG18.jpg

g1.jpg

MG21.jpg

IMG23_1.jpg

IMG22_1.jpg

IMG20_1.jpg

IMG06_3.jpg

IMG16.jpg

She still talks about this - her Pixie Dust at Sea World - "Spinning Plates"... She was so tiny - and to her, spinning those plates all by herself was such a huge moment of pride for her. :lovestruc

IMG20_2.jpg

IMG19.jpg

IMG18_1.jpg

IMG17_2.jpg

IMG16_1.jpg

Link to Victoria - Growing up Disney - 2008

D~

Last edited:
I love the growing up Disney pics. It just goes by way too quickly. Thanks for budget updates, you have inspired me to focus a bit more on spending less. We just paid off a credit card last week that we had carried a balance on. So it felt good to have that gone. I do most of my shopping at Aldi's and now I'm really trying to do about 80℅ shopping there. And I'm trying to cut out some snack foods (costs too much, and not healthy). Have a great visit with your dad

How great that you and Josh had a budget meeting last night and are on the same page.
When are you starting redecorating the bathroom and the other stuff you want to have done before V's graduation?

I'm glad to hear Myrthe got home safe.

I hope you have a great trip to your dad today.

Today Ulf and I went and got my car weight. I haven't done this before and I wanted to know how much the car really weigh with both my electrical wheelchair and manual wheelchair in it. Well my manual wheelchair doesn't weigh much (about 17lb) The car ended up weighing 3.4 US ton with both me and Ulf in it and both wheelchairs. The car is allowed to weigh 3.5 US ton. So there is not much weight left to put more stuff in the car. I think we will leave the electrical wheelchair at home when we go on our road trip this summer. The electrical wheelchair weigh 330lb.

That is exciting!! How long will she be here? The whole school year? Or just summer? How exciting for her though!!!

Hahaha - yah - I love Biz... I have a nice stash of all the flavors... I would have to say that vanilla is my least favorite (I honestly don't like it at all)... Though I love the chocolate and especially the lime - I think I like the lime most because there really is nothing like that over here. ::yes:: I took a picture of my "stash" for you... Hehehe... I am still working on my Biz from Christmas... I freeze them to keep them fresh longer - and since they don't actually freeze - they just get really cold - I like to eat them that way. ::yes::

490A1F7E-7A29-4AAA-9ED6-FF5FC33F1FF9.jpg

I am glad you enjoy reading my TR and my daily updates... I really enjoy doing them, so I hope that I am able to continue doing so. :lovestruc

Wow,that's a lot of Bis,you must really love it!! LOL
Leila is going to stay a whole school year, she's really excited about it! I don't know how I'm going to survive, she'll be 17 in May so we won't be together in her 18 th birthday, or Christmas, it will be tough but she's really looking forward to go...and her American family seems to be really nice, she'll have 6 brothers and sisters!
I really love your update, so many wonderful memories at Disney!!!:love:

I loved looking at all of your old Disney pics. Now I want to go look at some of my old Disney pics, lol. Thanks for sharing.

I love the growing up Disney pics. It just goes by way too quickly. Thanks for budget updates, you have inspired me to focus a bit more on spending less. We just paid off a credit card last week that we had carried a balance on. So it felt good to have that gone. I do most of my shopping at Aldi's and now I'm really trying to do about 80℅ shopping there. And I'm trying to cut out some snack foods (costs too much, and not healthy). Have a great visit with your dad

I know - it all just seems like yesterday. I miss these years so much!

That's awesome! WTG!!!

I love Aldi's so much! Typically - I walk straight past all of the packaged food when you first walk into Aldi's and I don't start putting things in my cart until I hit the produce area... What blows my budget though isn't the produce - it's the bread items - though I don't typically eat much of it, the rest of the family does... So, I buy a lot of French bread, Italian bread and ciabatta rolls - and that gets pretty expensive. ::yes::

Thanks - we had a great visit with my dad! :lovestruc

How great that you and Josh had a budget meeting last night and are on the same page.
When are you starting redecorating the bathroom and the other stuff you want to have done before V's graduation?

I'm glad to hear Myrthe got home safe.

I hope you have a great trip to your dad today.

Today Ulf and I went and got my car weight. I haven't done this before and I wanted to know how much the car really weigh with both my electrical wheelchair and manual wheelchair in it. Well my manual wheelchair doesn't weigh much (about 17lb) The car ended up weighing 3.4 US ton with both me and Ulf in it and both wheelchairs. The car is allowed to weigh 3.5 US ton. So there is not much weight left to put more stuff in the car. I think we will leave the electrical wheelchair at home when we go on our road trip this summer. The electrical wheelchair weigh 330lb.

Yes - it's great to be on the same page! :)

I am not sure yet? Josh and I decided to take most of the bathroom budget and put it towards debt... However - we do still plan to re-do the floor tile and paint in there. We have about 2 months worth of debt that we really want to attack hard before we revisit the bathroom remodel. Believe me, it's still on our radar, but I do not have a time frame as of now. :)

We had a very nice visit with dad yesterday. :)

That makes total sense! I am glad you were able to get it all weighed and now you know what to pack for your trip! :)

I hope you have a nice day today! :lovestruc

Wow,that's a lot of Bis,you must really love it!! LOL
Leila is going to stay a whole school year, she's really excited about it! I don't know how I'm going to survive, she'll be 17 in May so we won't be together in her 18 th birthday, or Christmas, it will be tough but she's really looking forward to go...and her American family seems to be really nice, she'll have 6 brothers and sisters!
I really love your update, so many wonderful memories at Disney!!!

Hahaha - I do love it - however - I didn't realize that I would get it quite so often, so at first, I savored it.... Now I have so much - I am trying to get it eaten. LOL Which is NOT good for my waistline. :lmao:

That is so exciting for her! My foster-parents take in exchange students, and they have told me many times, the first months they are there, until Christmas time is the hardest for the kids - as they really miss home and it seems to be the worst at Christmas time (obviously)... Then after Christmas, they open up, because Christmas tends to be approx the half-way point... So they have their "down hill" time after, and they tend to miss home less and focus more on enjoying their last months here. So, keeping that in mind - she will likely have a harder time at first. I have no idea how it is for the parents... From my own experience of having Allison gone for "only" 10 weeks - it was torture for me as a mom... Especially when every natural disaster there was seemed to follow and find her. ::yes:: There was never any greater relief for me, than to see her step off of that flight - sick as a dog no less - but man, I cried tears of relief that night. And now I get to do it all over again in a few months with V - I am not looking forward to it - at least I will have Allison here, who has experienced it all first hand, to keep me sane. :lovestruc Sending you GIANT hugs!!! And also... Get Skype on your phone - and any other apps she uses frequently (my girls use Snapchat a lot - I've become pretty adequate as using that particular app) - so you can keep up contact in any way you can. She will be fine though - and it sounds like she will be staying with a wonderful family!

I am glad you are enjoying the last of my updates... It goes by way too quickly!

I loved looking at all of your old Disney pics. Now I want to go look at some of my old Disney pics, lol. Thanks for sharing.

I am so glad that you enjoyed them! I love looking back and I love showing you all the "befores" of my TRs... I think many people have gotten to know our family here, so - I think most people enjoy seeing the girls when they were little. :lovestruc

Have fun looking at your own "old" Disney pics... Believe me - I love reliving those trips!

Have a great weekend! :lovestruc

**********************************************************************************************************

We had a nice day yesterday, and we had a good trip to see Dad. :)

He took us out for lunch at a local restaurant, one which we had never been to before, and I think it will become our new place to eat out when we are at Dad's... It was easy to get to, not far away from where he lives and it was easy to get him in and out - which is a huge plus. And the food was good too. ::yes::

Of course - he had ambitions of doing LOTS of shopping - but he tuckered out after the first store... So the remaining stores - I just ran in with his list and shopped for him... It worked out in the end.

It was a good visit and again - Dad was in very good spirits. Sadly - I wasn't thinking and I didn't take any pictures for you all. Sorry about that. :)

Otherwise - Josh and I were home just after dinner time... So we ended up going back into town to have dinner - since it was our scheduled night to eat out... Josh chose Arby's - I was OK with this - I haven't eaten at Arby's in YEARS... I ended up only eating half of my meal - it was just too much for me... I laid on the couch after we got home and very much regretted the Arby's decision. :( Lesson learned. I am feeling just fine this morning - so I am certain it wasn't anything food poisoning wise - I think it was just my body. ::yes::

Today... No plans. Being on the road all day yesterday - and getting dad situated with all of his errands really takes a lot out of us - then on top of that, not feeling well last night... I prefer to visit my dad when I have the option of a day off the following day.... Which is exactly how it worked out this time. :)

I will do a bit of cleaning this morning, and then spend the day relaxing and being lazy. I think Josh is grilling dinner tonight. :)

I also plan to do a quick 2008 trip update here.

I hope you all have a great remainder of your weekend - sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

How great that you found a local restaurant to have lunch with your dad that was easy to get into and had good food.

I'm glad to hear your dad was in good spirits and that it was a good visit.

I'm so sorry to hear about you not feeling well after eating at Arby's.

Sounds like a good idea to visit your dad when you have a day off the following day.

The weather has been so nice the last week. It has been cold and no ice outside. Today it is raining and of course it's now ice outside. It's no problem driving on ice. The problem is walking on ice. They say it's going to rain all next week. I don't know if I told you but about 2 months ago a couple from the UK contacted me through geocaching.com telling me they were planning a trip to Tromsø to see the Aurora Borealis. They had some questions about Tromsø and geocaching in Tromsø. I told them all I knew about the things they were asking about. Well They are coming to Tromsø on Wednesday. We are having a geocaching event at a local pizza place. After they had booked everything they contacted me again and told me that the nearest cache from where they are staying is one of mine. When I heard where they are staying I had to smile and tell them that it's not that odd that the nearest cache is mine because they are staying right up the road from where I live through AirBnB. I do hope the weather gets better than the forecast predict so they get to see the Aurora Borealis.

Victoria Growing up Disney - 2008​

I tried to upload some pictures from our old trips that I've never uploaded before - so you wouldn't all have to look at the same ones again.

image292.jpg

image758.jpg

image643.jpg

image257.jpg

image186.jpg

image144.jpg

image300.jpg

image103.jpg

image007.jpg

CIMG2991.jpg

CIMG3172_1.jpg

CIMG2982.jpg

CIMG2876.jpg

CIMG2726.jpg

CIMG2739.jpg

CIMG2723.jpg

CIMG2567.jpg

CIMG3214.jpg

CIMG3386.jpg

CIMG3205.jpg

CIMG3192_1.jpg

CIMG3194.jpg

CIMG2130.jpg

CIMG2173.jpg

CIMG2119.jpg

CIMG2147.jpg

CIMG2023.jpg

CIMG3674_1.jpg

CIMG2926.jpg

Link to Victoria - Growing up Disney - 2012

D~

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your old Disney pictures. it's fun seeing how the girls have grown and pictures of things that are no longer there. I loved the picture where Victoria is scowling about something. It just looks so real.
I'm glad you and Josh were able to drive up to see your dad. Lunch at a local place sounds nice. Arbies doesn't like me either. It much be so seasoning they use.
When I go to Aldi I rush by all the junk food by the door. It's hard to get by the people that stop right there. I buy yogurt, fruit and veggies and salad there(not the iceberg lettuce kind, though) . the produce aisle is always full of people which makes it interesting.
I got the Aztec bead bracelet at Alex and Ani. My daughter got one with a tie dyed peace symbol. I'm always overwhelmed when I go into one of there stores. There's just too much to choose from. I'm not too fond of the new Vera patterns either. The outlet sale usually has older patterns and a few that are only for the sale but you never know which ones will be there until you get there.
Enjoy you day
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter