• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

What a fun party! I love MNSSHP! We went in 2011 and still find ourselves regularly bursting out in "Boo to you and you and you and you!" That lady at the parade- I think that is going beyond invading personal space! I don't blame V at all for getting upset. It's a credit to V that she didn't let that ruin the rest of her night. The ride pics and magic shots are too cute! It makes me want to go back and do a party again. Hopefully ticket prices won't be up to $200 a person by the time I get back to the states!

I'm sorry about all the problems with your pictures. I'd thought that there was a problem with my computer which wouldn't have surprised me.
My daughter set my fitbit up so I'd get notifications for phone calls and texts. I do carry my phone around at work. It doesn't fit in my pants but does fit in my vest pocket. We use our phones to check prices to price match. Our store has free wifi or we wouldn't do it.
Your dad and brother look happy to see you. It's too bad the girls couldn't come. It's good to hear that Allison is doing well in school.
Sorry about Josh's truck. Hopefully he can fix it soon.
Taking down Christmas decorations is one of my least favorite jobs. I haven't started, yet. I might do it on my day off Wednesday after I get home from the dentist.
Have a good day
Liz

LOL - I just wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasn't their computer or the Dis - this time it was me. LOL

I do get notifications for phone calls - which is good - but so far, no texts... I'll have to go in and triple check my settings. ::yes::

We also use our phones for that purpose on the floor - however - at the moment, I can't use mine... And I'd likely forget it was there, if I put it in my back pocket - I just don't want to/can't afford to risk that... So, in my locker it stays. ::yes::

Yes - it was a bummer that the girls couldn't come. We'll make a special trip up there in a couple weeks, so the can see him/he can see them.

Hopefully - today starts the chaos! I am not looking forward to it. Who knows - maybe since I can't go anywhere - I will get lots of work done? LOL It might be good for us in the end. ::yes::

I didn't plan on taking down the Christmas decor yesterday - and then Josh had me send a text to the girls to start taking ornaments off the tree - I didn't hear back from either of them - so I just assumed they didn't do it... Which is fine with me - as I was really enjoying the tree. Then, when we got home, we discovered that Allison had taken every ornament off of the tree by herself, and packed them all away - so all that was left for me to do was take down the actual tree + the decor around the living room and haul it all to the basement. Miraculously - I was able to get all of that done by myself... However - i still have the Entertainment cabinet to de-Christmas, as I ran out of storage bins. ::yes:: That should be easy though.

Have a great day! :lovestruc

I'm so sorry to hear that getting the pictures from your trip into this trip report is so much extra work for you. I enjoy reading about your trip even if not all the pictures are showing.

Looks like you had a great time with your dad and brother. I can understand you been torn between your dad and brother been able to see each other often and have your dad near you. It's a hard decision to make

In Norway most people have their Christmas decoration up until 6th January or 13th January. I haven't decided when my decoration will go down. It will happen either this weekend or the next :)

I totally agree with V that all people will see of her phone including her is the case. So it really doesn't matter what color the phone is since no one will see it. Wise of her to get a rose gold color since that's the color she wants :)

The older car gets the more repairs the car need. So it might be wise to start looking for a new truck for Josh before the truck his got now has to have many expensive repairs.

How great that you are happy with the pedicure Allison gave you. It's great that you can help her getting some training and it's great that the price is so low that you are able to afford it even on a super strict budget.

Here everything is back to normal again from today. It's kind of nice that everything goes back to normal even if it was nice not having to go to physiotherapy 2 times a week.

On New Years Eve my dad told Ulf and I that going on a cruise isn't that expensive since everything is paid for, even the food. My parents went on a cruise for the first time in September and they liked it very much.

Yesterday I checked Disney cruise just for fun. But it was easier said than done to find out what I wanted to find out. I search the whole website to find out what exactly is included in the cruise package. But I didn't manage to find that information. I found a vague list of what is included in the price, but that isn't enough since a vague list doesn't help when you're making a budget for what you need to use money on while on a cruise.

Thanks Lillian! I was able to get all of my pictures for the next update uploaded and turned yesterday - so I am a little bit ahead of myself. As long as I can get them uploaded and turned during the week - I should be able to continue updates on the weekends. ::yes::

It's definitely tough - there is so much more to it than what I write about here... Though, for the time being - I feel it's best to leave everything as it is.

I was sort-of hoping to leave mine up until next weekend - however - we came home yesterday and Allison had already finished taking all of the ornaments off of the tree... So - I was able to spend a few hours taking the rest down and hauling it to the basement. ::yes:: It's kind of nice to have it down - but boy is it sure bare!

I totally agree about the truck - if we can find something that fits our needs - that may just be the hardest part. ::yes:: And if we rebuild this motor - it's like having a new vehicle... We'll see just what's wrong with it and go from there... Who knows - it could just be an easy repair?

Yes - it's very nice to be able to go in for cheap pedicures. :)

Ooooh - now I've never been on a Disney cruise before - but I have heard that everything is included - with exception to anything you do OFF of the boat and possibly alcohol? But food and any boat activities are included... ::yes:: I hope you are able to figure it out, so you can possibly take a trip! FUN!

Loved the updates! It is helping me get excited for our trip (which is soon, and that's hard to believe). Is The Wave at the Contemporary where you go for breakfast sometimes? I made a reservation there for DH and I just to have some time away from the rest of the family. He likes big breakfasts and this seemed like a good way to get some time together without the kids and my parents and we won't be missing park time with them.
I am so glad you got to go see your dad and brother. They are cute.
I took our tree and Christmas decorations down on Friday. I just couldn't stand all the extra clutter anymore. It was funny, though, after it was down the house seemed kinda empty.
Max and Cooper are just adorable! It's cute that they sleep close to each other like that. My dogs do sometimes but mostly they find their own spaces.
Have a great day!

Yay!!! Glad that everyone is loving them!

And :woohoo: that your trip is almost here!!! That is awesome!

Yes - we do eat at The Wave at the Contemporary... It's one of our favs! Sounds like it's a win/win if you do it! :woohoo:

Thanks! It was so nice to be able to see them too! It's hard to be so far away!

Hahaha - I was able to get our tree packed away too - Allison took all of the ornaments off of the tree for me yesterday morning, so it was fairly easy (though still very time consuming) to get the rest of it packed up and hauled to the basement. I agree - it is very empty now.... I loved our tree so much this year, I am going to miss that soft glow at night. It's just so cozy! :lovestruc

LOL - I am not sure that MM enjoys it? I think MM just gets comfy and then SC swoops in and makes himself comfy around MM. LOL They are sure cute though - when they can get along... I think MM is still a little upset with us that we found him a brother. LOL

My business partner started out as a beautician. She became a firefighter (still is) and now partner in our Scuba shop. She still cuts hair for a few of her old customers and makes extra money! So no matter what Allison does, she can always do hair/nails too!

Aren't we all. I ate everything in sight for the holidays. Back to the real world with better eating habits!

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't mention it as your girls might not enjoy the comparison (but maybe they do?)

Every time I see your dogs and your beautiful floor I wonder if you chose the color based on their fur--they match! (Probably helps hide some of the fur, too!)

I'm going to take down Christmas decorations today. I worked 1/2 day, but since all of our vendors are still closed, there wasn't much I could accomplish other than accounting stuff. It always looks so boring once the decorations are put away.

Glad you got to visit your Dad and brother. A good friend's Mother just passed away--always a reminder that we need to see and enjoy our family when we can.

That is very interesting... I agree though - it will always be a good way for her to make some extra cash. ::yes::

Yup - today it's back to everything... Heavy lifting - eating right and working. ::yes:: It was so nice to have the time off for the holidays - but it will be good to get back into my routine too.

Hahaha... they are much better with it now than what they used to be. It kind of warmed my heart to see them dressing alike on their own, instead of me forcing them (when they were little and for a few holidays since...) - I thought it was cute! ::yes:: I still do - though they give me crap about it. LOL

Hahaha! No, we did not pick the floor due to them - though it did work out pretty nice didn't it? :lmao:

I reluctantly took our Christmas decor down yesterday too... Josh had me text the girls to have them get started while we went to Rochester... When we got back - V was still sleeping (no surprise) and Allison had single handedly taken every ornament off of the tree and packed it away... So, I was forced to do the remainder yesterday afternoon. I was able to get most of it done - I still have the entertainment cabinet to put away though - which should be easy - I just ran out of bins. :scratchin

It was wonderful to see both my dad and brother - I get to see my brother way less often - though I do stay in contact with Jonathan's foster-mom, so I know how he is doing and what is going on with him. It's hard though - I know this is a natural process - I guess I just never knew how much my dad took care of for my brother and himself - and now that I am in the process of managing both of their lives - it's harder. I won't even go into the difficulty emotionally with everything... It's sad - terribly sad. ::yes::

I hope you had a nice New Years? :)

What an amazing trip this sounds like! I have to ask though... how do you store all these awesome mugs?? I have gotten rid of most of my mugs and have left only the Disney You-Are-Here ones!

Thanks! It was a lot of fun... I sure wish it wouldn't have gone by so fast though! We were there for 10 days, though it sure didn't seem like it. ::yes::

Hahaha... Well - for the moment... My daily coffee mugs are stored in my "coffee bar" cabinet - which hasn't made it to official "coffee bar" status - as my coffee pot is clear on the other side of the room on my kitchen counter. I am still on the hunt for a cabinet that can house my mugs + hold the coffee pot, as this one just wasn't working out (it wasn't deep enough to feel safe having the coffee put there) - I am not having much luck though, so it looks like Josh may end up building me one in the spring. ::yes:: The Starbucks mugs - currently are stored in my China hutch with my Grandmother's China... I am also trying to figure out a way to display them so I can use them, yet make them look nice. I am kind of holding out until we have the coffee bar thing worked out. LOL It's a process. ::yes:: I've seen some great ideas on Pinterest and also in some of my FB decor groups... It's just a matter of finding what I want and making it work for us. It is my goal this year to have it all set up though. :)

I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your Dad and your brother. I love the picture of Allison fixing Josh's hair!

Fun trip report update. The MNSSHP parade is my absolute favorite - especially the grave diggers. But that woman invading V's personal space like that -- totally unacceptable! It seems like crowds and people are getting more and more rude on each trip we go on. It's sad. But seriously -- she was absolutely and entirely in the wrong. I don't blame V for snapping at her! Alyssa is the same way about personal space and touchiness (it's so funny -- I think your girls and my girls are SO much alike in personality and temperament!). She gets pretty irritated if people invade her personal space, and she snapped at a couple of kids at the Star Wars fireworks on our trip in August. They were play fighting with light sabers and one of the kids stepped on her hand (we were sitting on the ground), and then the other kid hit her in the face with a light saber. She had asked several times for them to stop or to move -- and loudly enough for their parents to hear and tell the kids (half-heartedly) to stop or move. But when the kid stepped on her hand and then the other one hit her in the face, she really snapped and yelled. The parents scolded the kids and took the light sabers away and made them sit down...and then gave Alyssa dirty looks through the fireworks show. *Sigh*

We took down our Christmas tree and most of the interior decorations today. There are still a few to take down. But it's been raining all day so all of the outside decorations are wet, so we're going to have to wait to take those down and box them up until they dry out. It's always sad for me when we take the decorations down. And doubly so this year since we boxed Alyssa's ornaments up separately so she and Andrew will have them for their first Christmas as a married couple next year.

The wedding dress saga...oh my...We went to a huge fabric warehouse store in DC today -- we were told that if we couldn't find what we needed there, it probably didn't exist. Well, we learned a couple of things. First, lace fabric in the width Alyssa's friend said we needed does not exist. Second, lace is MUCH more expensive in DC than it is in Utah! The cheapest lace fabric we found was $90/yard....the one we liked the best was $200/yard! NO WAY. I didn't want to push Alyssa to change her mind and buy a dress instead of having her friend make it, but over the weekend she came to me and said she felt like we weren't going to find reasonably priced lace that she liked (since it's a lace dress, it's important that the lace look gorgeous) and that she felt it would be much less stressful to buy a dress, and she also said she felt like she let Emily guilt her into making the dress because of some stuff in their history. I was secretly relieved and told her that I completely supported her decision. Fortunately, we have a friend who owns a large bridal salon about three hours from where Alyssa goes to school in Utah and she said she would give us a discount on the dress if it was one they carried or could order for us. Alyssa did some looking online this weekend and found several dresses in the style she wants (fit and flare, sleeves to the elbow, all over lace, scalloped lace at the bottom, with a soft color under ivory lace). They all have V necks and she prefers a round neckline, but the salon can do alterations. We contacted our friend and she said they carry several of the dresses Alyssa picked out and so Alyssa will go down there next Saturday (not this coming Saturday) to try the dresses on and make her decision. I am very, very relieved. And it looks like we'll be able to get the dress for less than I had budgeted for it, which is great...since the photographer (Andrew's sister-in-law) is going to cost more than I expected. Oh well.....

We got so much planning done this weekend -- the wedding invitations have been selected, the food has been decided on, the center pieces have been decided on, and we found my Mom's dress for the wedding. And I found my dress. I was going to go with pink (the colors are pink and silver/gray) but we were out shopping after Christmas and Lord and Taylor was having a great sale...they had a gorgeous dark gray dress on clearance, plus an additional 40% off.....I tried it on and it fit perfectly, no alterations needed. And, if I can toot my own horn for a moment, it looked pretty darn good. Alyssa and my Mom insisted that I get it...it cost me $56. Woohoo! I absolutely love a bargain! We're trying to finalize bridesmaids attire, and Andrew's Mom has ordered the pants, vests, socks, and ties for the groomsmen. We're getting there! We also started making some of the decorations for the reception. By the time she goes back to school on Friday we should have 90% of the planning done. Yea!

I'm off this week, other than working a couple of mornings from home...trying to maximize my time with Alyssa. Mark and Brie go back to school tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Thanks! It was fun to see both of them and spend some time with them. It's too rare that it happens these days.

LOL _ I loved those pictures of Josh and Allison too... It was so cute! Even if Josh was a little/lot reluctant. LOL

I agree!!! I love so much planning the trips, and I love going... Then I get there and I remember the crowds and it's like "UGH!!!" What was I thinking? LOL I honestly think they need to stop updating the parks and just build one more park to disburse some of these people... It's getting to the point where their resorts are almost 100% capacity all year long, which in turn makes the parks so crowded - it's like they built too many resorts for the amount of park space they have - not even factoring in the off property guests. I dunno - it's probably a good thing that I don't have a trip planned for 2017 (as sad as it is...)

I ended up taking the tree down yesterday too - though I wasn't planning on it... Josh had me text the girls to start taking the ornaments off while we went to Rochester... I honestly didn't think they would. LOL Then we got home, and Allison had single-handedly taken every single ornament off and packed it away... So, I was forced to finish - it was a lot of work - though it's nice to have it mostly done... However - it's so bare in there and I am going to miss the glow of the lights. ::yes:: The glow of the lights seems to make winter a little more bearable.

Ahhh the dress - yikes!!! I do not look forward to that time in my life! Though when that times comes - I think I will look to you for advice, as it seems like you have this down perfectly! LOL I am so glad that Alyssa came to the conclusion that there is enough stress with planning a wedding - to add the stress of shopping for each individual piece of the dress and having it done on time, or if something goes wrong... It will be a relief for her just to be able to find one and enjoy that process. I think this is a good thing! :lovestruc

Enjoy your time off with Alyssa! :lovestruc And have a great week! :)

Hey D! Those are great pics of your Dad and brother. It looks like you all had a good visit with both of them. It's too bad the girls couldn't go, but Yay for leftover Chinese food!

This just goes to show how unselfishly you love them. You are showing your daughters how we are supposed to "honor our Fathers and Mothers". It seems like such a general statement until you are actually called upon to take care of someone who has taken care of you. I can't imagine what a strange feeling that must be, but you are doing a great job and being a great example.

It's true! I was little when my mom went to beauty school, but she kept all her books, and I remember being surprised at all the anatomy and chemistry she had to know. That was in the 80's, so I am sure it's much more involved now. I think this was such a smart, mature decision for her to make. It will only benefit her whether she decides to make a career of it or not!

Guurl- it is your Chicken fajita recipe, LOL! :rotfl: It's the Paleo one that I repinned from your pinterest board. I just boil the chicken and shred it instead of cutting it into chunks. It seems to make more volume-wise that way.

No worries! I would read without pictures, too. You have gone above and beyond-I'm sure I would have given up by now. You are right, though, pictures are fun. Some of V's faces just say it all, Lol. I am going back to read again after I finish this.

I actually just read a tip (maybe on Pinterest? I can't remember) that said to just take a full roll of Saran wrap and tightly wrap it around the tree- decorations and all- and store it standing up. I don't know... could work...

Day 1 went pretty well. Although, I was hungry before bed last night. I drank some herbal tea to try to stave off the hunger. I know one thing, though, I detest black coffee! That was the one thing I knew would be hard for me. I woke up with a headache this morning, so I am having a cup of black coffee now and I think I will have some Green Tea later. DH has been on board so far, but he goes back to work tomorrow, so I think that might change things. He says he is working on a work-out plan for us, which frankly, scares me. He tends to go "Marine mode" when it comes to working out which is way overboard in my opinion. Anyway, here's to day 2! Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration! I'm glad to be on this road with you.

Thanks! It was so nice to be able to spend some time with them together - and not have to hurry home because someone needed a ride to work or whatever. :) Thank you for saying that - it means a lot... I tend to carry a lot of guilt because of leaving them alone so far away, though I do feel like my hands are tied... I am doing the best I can... It means a lot that others notice that. :hug:

Yes - I am pretty proud of her... And even if she doesn't choose that carreer path - it's still an excellent way for her to make $$ on the side, should she choose to do that. :)

ROFLMAO!!!! Hahaha!!! That is too funny! When you posted that's what you were making - I was like "Hmmm, I sure do like fajitas..." I guess I better go take a look-see at my Pinterest board? :lmao: I pin like crazy and I forget half of it. ::yes::

Awwwh - thanks! I am glad to hear that most of you would read with out so many pictures. :hug: Thankfully - I was able to get the next day's pictures uploaded yesterday and turned properly... So, hopefully the next few updates go well. :scratchin

I honestly contemplated doing this... Until Allison actually took each ornament off and packed it away... Ahhh - what fun is decorating the tree though if you bring it up and it's already done? LOL Maybe in a few years, when I don't have any helpers? :scratchin

I am happy to hear that Day 1 went well for you... If you are hungry before bed, make sure that you are eating enough at your 3rd meal to tide you over... also make sure you are getting that fat and enough protein - as those are the two things that keep you satisfied the longest. ::yes:: Coffee was the worst for me... During my first W30 - I was STRICT about it... I did black coffee with a lot of cinnamon... I hated every moment of it - but I am glad I did it and was true to the program. From then forward - doing a (modified) "W30" - I"ve always cut back on the agave and half n' half I put in - but I don't take it out completely... I know I don't have any allergies from it - and it makes my day a bit better. I would never recommend doing it my way though - until you've done at least one true W30. ::yes:: Josh used to be the same way too... He would just stop eating for a week or so and start running like a mad man... That was back in his military days - I think he is over dieting now. ::yes:: I hope Day 2 went awesome for you! I can't wait to hear about it! ::yes::

What a fun party! I love MNSSHP! We went in 2011 and still find ourselves regularly bursting out in "Boo to you and you and you and you!" That lady at the parade- I think that is going beyond invading personal space! I don't blame V at all for getting upset. It's a credit to V that she didn't let that ruin the rest of her night. The ride pics and magic shots are too cute! It makes me want to go back and do a party again. Hopefully ticket prices won't be up to $200 a person by the time I get back to the states!

It was a lot of fun! We love MNSSHP! It's the best!

Yah - it was not a fun experience - it was so strange and just not right. LOL It did take a bit to snap her out of it - she was not a happy girl! Having to deal with that lady and her dress - then to go immediately into those parade exit crowds - I just hung on to her purse strap and let her drag me through.... It was like fighting to get to the top of the lake for a breath of air. - instinctively - she would get out of the crowd of people ::yes::

Yes - ticket prices are definitely getting out of hand too... It puts a damper on trips for sure! I hope you are able to go again while it's still reasonable. ::yes::

*************************************************************************************************************

So, yesterday morning, Josh and I left and headed for Rochester... I always forget what an easy drive that is - and I should go south more often... We did hit a few patches of heavy snow - where I thought the roads would be bad - but they weren't, at least not at that time - they may have gotten worse later?

Anyways - it was a good trip and we were able to get the mirrors... My cousin works for a local hotel that is doing a remodel... He knew we are always doing work on our house - so he offered me a mirror (or 4)... These things are beasts!!! He told me they measured approx 6ft x 3ft - not sure I believed him? :scratchin Those were accurate measurements! :eek: They barely fit in our car to bring them all home!

I had help loading and unloading all of them - but I was the 2nd person for each one - so I got my work out for sure! The girls each ended up with one for their room... I wanted one to go in our bathroom when we remodel -but unless we move a wall - that won't happen, the mirrors are too long. I also want one to go in our master closet, once we finish that. So, at the moment - we have 2 mirrors that are sort-of "extras"... We will figure it out.

Both girls had the perfect location in their rooms - so that is awesome! Here is Allison's...

C3BC26F9-DF7E-47C4-9886-CBB38F26CB1D.png

So, for the time being, one of the mirrors is up in the upstairs hallway... And the other is in the living room... I don't like the living room one - but we have to put it somewhere, and since this corner is now empty...

97BAB64E-8B48-4F1D-AAA7-1071B0F6BF36.jpg

I didn't plan on taking down the Christmas decor yesterday - and then Josh had me send a text to the girls to start taking ornaments off the tree - I didn't hear back from either of them - so I just assumed they didn't do it... Which is fine with me - as I was really enjoying the tree. Then, when we got home, we discovered that Allison had taken every ornament off of the tree by herself, and packed them all away - so all that was left for me to do was take down the actual tree + the decor around the living room and haul it all to the basement. Miraculously - I was able to get all of that done by myself... However - i still have the entertainment cabinet to de-Christmas, as I ran out of storage bins. ::yes:: That should be easy though. It's kind of nice to have it all done... Though I will definitely miss the glow of lights at night - it seems like those lights make winter bearable. ::yes::

I did keep this up though... So maybe that will help - even if one tree is 'summer' and one tree is "winter" LOL

EEFAB6F6-FB25-4230-8DA9-7AD5FE4498C0.jpg

Today - life resumes... It's back to heavy lifting - after 2 weeks off - D is going to be SORE tomorrow! I am also a few days into eating much better than I was... I either froze all of the goodies laying around or chucked them... I couldn't have the temptation staring me in the face all the time. ::yes::

I am also back to work... With out a car at my disposal much over the coming weeks - I hope to make HUGE progress on a few extra projects in my line-up, on top of my regular stuff. ::yes:: And also - maybe sneak in a few naps. LOL

So, that's about it for me today! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year... And your first days back to the "real world" go easy for you. :) Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

I guess sometimes it is good to be behind in a trip report. I missed the entire picture ordeal and just got to enjoy the trip report.

I am with V. I still don't like Haunted Mansion or Pirates. I still go on with my kids, but I would rather skip them. I was the screaming child when younger. The parade incident would have upset me too. It was bad enough that we had to sit in the summer while some parents let their child have a huge ice cream cone as they stood behind us. I was pretty sure we were going to be covered in ice cream. I cringed whenever they told "precious" to be more careful that they almost dropped it. But, to find myself under someone's dress?? That would unglue me. You don't find that instance covered in any of the park etiquette sections of tour guides. Although, to be fair, most tour guide books are lacking in the etiquette section.

Marissa had an ok Christmas. For whatever reason, it is a big tradition in Japan to get KFC for Christmas dinner. So, she was really excited to see Pizza Hut and KFC show up for Christmas dinner. She doesn't even like either, but she had been missing American food.

As much as I hoped I could pull off a 2017 WDW trip, I just don't see it happening. So, I guess I should make it a 2018 trip. I just am not ready to completely give up on 2107.

Hope you all have a great New Year. I best get some work done.

Hello and Happy New Year!!

Just adore the updates! Sorry you were soo squished for the parade. but you KNOW the rules. Never do the first parade!
Your right nothing beats the music for the first parade.. NOTHING! Just adore the party itself. Christmas Party is fun and beautiful. I favor Halloween!!!

Ohhh your Sleepy hallow dinner looks amazing.. I could go for all of that right now!

Your pp are always cute! Great job and getting the headless horseman!! Cannot believe you didn't make it all the way! No wheelchair races!
what are you a newbie?? LOL just kidding.
Sorry your pictures are not coming up. editing is my nightmare. Maybe A can give you a few lessons in night time photography!

I love the fact you take these mother/daughter trips! I would love to do this! sooooooooo Much cheaper then 5.

i wanted to start a work out schedule today. sadly i think i am getting sick AGAIN! stupid colds will not leave my house! some people use febreeze? I use lysol!
Have a great week!!

Just stopping in to catch up and say hello! It has been a busy for weeks with everyone home. So glad you were able to make to your Dad's even though the weather did not cooperate.

Poor V and that women. Personal space is a must. I would have flipped as well. We had a similar situation one visit to Disney where a group showed up last minute and was pushing us out of our spot. At least it didn't ruin the parade. Seeing your TR I miss going. Although, my mom did say this past Christmas that we are going away next year for the holidays. She even suggested DISNEY!!!

Loved your A and A bracelets. So fitting!

Everyone who is home today is taking a nap at the moment. Must be nice for them, as I am supposed to be working. I'm just taking a much needed coffee break.

Back to work I go. Have a wonderful day!!

Sounds like you had a good Christmas week.

We drove from New York to my FIL in Florida. It was killer driving past the i-4 exit on 95 and not going to disney. He is about 3 hours south of there. It was nice having our car while at his house. We had a week with nothing planned then 2 days of jammed packed activity. Friday night, DH, the girls, My BIL and his family went to the Orange bowl while I went out with my best friend for her birthday. Of course it was the coldest day and they hadn't planned to be outside in Florida in 50 degrees.
We had planned on going to the beach on friday, but that got pushed to Saturday. DH and the girls got home about 1 in the morning, so the girls slept in Saturday. We got moving around 12 and had to eat breakfast and check out a few stores before the beach.
Then we headed to SIL's parents house for a NYE dinner before we went to Billy Joel. Dani went back to FIL's house with them but Sydney came to the concert. Started the drive home the next morning.

I'm now in the post vacation laundry and putting everything away. Usually we due laundry at FIL's so only have a few things, but this time we were running around so much the last 2 days didn't have anytime.

We are trying to figure out our next disney trip. It is so weird to not have anything booked considering how much DVC we did last year.

For whatever reason, it is a big tradition in Japan to get KFC for Christmas dinner.
I just wanted to say that I live in Japan right now, too, and this is definitely a "thing"! My husband works with a few Japanese ladies in his office and they were talking about getting their KFC orders in for Christmas about 6 weeks ago so didn't risk being sold out,Lol! I thought it was odd, too! I am glad she got some American food- I sympathize with her greatly! Cheers!

Hey D!
I am glad your trip south proved fruitful! Those are some monster mirrors! And to come home to most of the tree being undecorated-bonus! It stinks to be without a car- I am going on 6 months without one, so I can relate. Hopefully, it will allow you to get a lot done, though.
Day 2 of W30 was kind of rough. I made a good breakfast for DH and me. He was home all day, so I took the opportunity to go into town and check out a few stores I had wanted to find. After the 2nd store, though, I started to feel weak. Not really even hungry, just kind of spacey and weak if that makes any sense? Anyway, I went to the commissary to get some more veggies bc DH said he wanted to make a big batch of soup for dinner & enough leftover for his lunch for the week. Well, I did that & he made up the soup. We went to check it 4 hours later & discovered that he hadn't plugged in the crockpot!! I had eaten lunch but had not prepared to make dinner bc he was making the soup. We ended up eating eggs with veggies and potatoes for dinner about 8 pm. Today is day 3 & I have already had breakfast and my wretched black coffee. I think that will be the 1st thing I will do on day 31 is put at least a little sugar & cream in my coffee. I am determined to stick it out for this first 30 days!

In Disney-related news- I got a notification from DVC that our Tokyo Disney trip is 100 days out! We still need to book a hotel for the other days that we will be in Tokyo and get our tickets for the bullet train, but I am getting excited! Have a great day!

I just wanted to say that I live in Japan right now, too, and this is definitely a "thing"! My husband works with a few Japanese ladies in his office and they were talking about getting their KFC orders in for Christmas about 6 weeks ago so didn't risk being sold out,Lol! I thought it was odd, too! I am glad she got some American food- I sympathize with her greatly! Cheers!

I think the entire KFC things is funny. Our KFCs aren't even open on Christmas.

In Disney-related news- I got a notification from DVC that our Tokyo Disney trip is 100 days out! We still need to book a hotel for the other days that we will be in Tokyo and get our tickets for the bullet train, but I am getting excited! Have a great day!

My daughter has been to DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland. She loved them both. She thought the parades were better in Japan. She didn't get the lottery to do a show, so she wasn't able to see that. Weird how so much is a lottery system (registering for classes to seeing a show at Disney). She is hoping to get another visit in before she comes back home in August. She sent us a picture of the train to Disney and it had Mickey heads hanging from the ceiling instead of the regular handles. You will have a lot of fun.

Hey there D; I finally got to go through and read your TR and see pics! Sorry it was such a pain in the rear to post them. It looked like so much fun, other than the parade incident. Poor V; I would have come undone. So many people are so self absorbed in their own little bubble these days. Not good.

Allison packed up your ornaments! I wish I had help like that. My husband always says if I want a tree he will put the branches on and the rest is up to me to decorate and take down. He could take it or leave it.

I am working on an e-mail to you; be on the lookout:)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

How great that your cousin told you about the remodel of the hotel so you could get those mirrors. The mirrors looks great. If you don't like the mirror in your living room but just need to have it there for storage for now why not turn it around so that you only see the back of the mirror?

How great that Allison helped getting the Christmas tree down by removing all the ornaments from it.

I hope you have a great day today and that you get everything done that you need to get done :hug:

Hi there!
I made it through the first 10 pages. Will be back tomorrow to get the rest :)

Oh it's killing me! I'm up to page 15 and you are on the bus to AoA. I'm excited for this update!

I guess sometimes it is good to be behind in a trip report. I missed the entire picture ordeal and just got to enjoy the trip report.

I am with V. I still don't like Haunted Mansion or Pirates. I still go on with my kids, but I would rather skip them. I was the screaming child when younger. The parade incident would have upset me too. It was bad enough that we had to sit in the summer while some parents let their child have a huge ice cream cone as they stood behind us. I was pretty sure we were going to be covered in ice cream. I cringed whenever they told "precious" to be more careful that they almost dropped it. But, to find myself under someone's dress?? That would unglue me. You don't find that instance covered in any of the park etiquette sections of tour guides. Although, to be fair, most tour guide books are lacking in the etiquette section.

Marissa had an ok Christmas. For whatever reason, it is a big tradition in Japan to get KFC for Christmas dinner. So, she was really excited to see Pizza Hut and KFC show up for Christmas dinner. She doesn't even like either, but she had been missing American food.

As much as I hoped I could pull off a 2017 WDW trip, I just don't see it happening. So, I guess I should make it a 2018 trip. I just am not ready to completely give up on 2107.

Hope you all have a great New Year. I best get some work done.

Hahaha - there is some truth to that. ::yes:: I still think there are a few pictures that are messed up... It will be OK though.

Yikes on the ice cream incident too... Gah!!! Some parents and their ability to parent... :headshaking:

Hahahaha! Nope - maybe I should contact Passporter and have them insert that one in their book? LOL

I am happy to hear that Marissa had a good Christmas... Is she living with her new family yet?

I am looking seriously in to January 2018 for any one interested. ::yes:: I do believe that 2017 will be the first year in several that I won't make it to WDW... However - I am still averaging a trip every 16-18 months (besides last year...)

Happy New Year to you too Shannon! :lovestruc

Hello and Happy New Year!!

Just adore the updates! Sorry you were soo squished for the parade. but you KNOW the rules. Never do the first parade!
Your right nothing beats the music for the first parade.. NOTHING! Just adore the party itself. Christmas Party is fun and beautiful. I favor Halloween!!!

Ohhh your Sleepy hallow dinner looks amazing.. I could go for all of that right now!

Your pp are always cute! Great job and getting the headless horseman!! Cannot believe you didn't make it all the way! No wheelchair races!
what are you a newbie?? LOL just kidding.
Sorry your pictures are not coming up. editing is my nightmare. Maybe A can give you a few lessons in night time photography!

I love the fact you take these mother/daughter trips! I would love to do this! sooooooooo Much cheaper then 5.

i wanted to start a work out schedule today. sadly i think i am getting sick AGAIN! stupid colds will not leave my house! some people use febreeze? I use lysol!
Have a great week!!

Hahaha - that is true about the first parade... In our defense though - I didn't think we'd make it to the 2nd parade, and I was right. Although - by the time we were walking out - I think we could have easily took up a seat on the curb of Main Street without a problem. :scratchin

Same - I do enjoy both parties - but I love MNSSHP the mostest!

I could go for ANY Disney food right now. LOL

Yah - -we were kind of babies for this trip... It was my 3rd trip in a year and I was just tired of the crowds and lines.

Maybe you should do it??? However - I am not sure I would suggest doing it in their graduation year... I would say maybe when they are 16... It's been a TOUGH year for us financially... 3 full Disney trips + 2 trips to Europe... :eek:

I hope you are feeling better soon! It's no fun being sick. I worked at Target yesterday and my entire team had terrible colds - I stayed as far away from them as possible! No thanks!!!

Have a great week and feel better! :lovestruc

Just stopping in to catch up and say hello! It has been a busy for weeks with everyone home. So glad you were able to make to your Dad's even though the weather did not cooperate.

Poor V and that women. Personal space is a must. I would have flipped as well. We had a similar situation one visit to Disney where a group showed up last minute and was pushing us out of our spot. At least it didn't ruin the parade. Seeing your TR I miss going. Although, my mom did say this past Christmas that we are going away next year for the holidays. She even suggested DISNEY!!!

Loved your A and A bracelets. So fitting!

Everyone who is home today is taking a nap at the moment. Must be nice for them, as I am supposed to be working. I'm just taking a much needed coffee break.

Back to work I go. Have a wonderful day!!

Hi Lynee!!! It's great to see you! It sounds like you had a fantastic, but wonderful holiday?

Yes - it was terrible... She was not happy about being crowded much after that - and Disney is definitely NOT the place you want to be if personal space is an issue. LOL

Yay!!! I hope you get to go back to Disney for the holidays! That would be soooo awesome!

Thanks! I really love them too! Speaking of which - I still haven't heard back from Disney regarding my "Believe" AnA bracelet... It looks like I will have to call them... Sigh. Hopefully their lines aren't too busy after the holidays.

I hope you enjoyed your coffee break! Thanks for taking the time to check in! :lovestruc

Sounds like you had a good Christmas week.

We drove from New York to my FIL in Florida. It was killer driving past the i-4 exit on 95 and not going to disney. He is about 3 hours south of there. It was nice having our car while at his house. We had a week with nothing planned then 2 days of jammed packed activity. Friday night, DH, the girls, My BIL and his family went to the Orange bowl while I went out with my best friend for her birthday. Of course it was the coldest day and they hadn't planned to be outside in Florida in 50 degrees.
We had planned on going to the beach on friday, but that got pushed to Saturday. DH and the girls got home about 1 in the morning, so the girls slept in Saturday. We got moving around 12 and had to eat breakfast and check out a few stores before the beach.
Then we headed to SIL's parents house for a NYE dinner before we went to Billy Joel. Dani went back to FIL's house with them but Sydney came to the concert. Started the drive home the next morning.

I'm now in the post vacation laundry and putting everything away. Usually we due laundry at FIL's so only have a few things, but this time we were running around so much the last 2 days didn't have anytime.

We are trying to figure out our next disney trip. It is so weird to not have anything booked considering how much DVC we did last year.

We did... It sounds like you had a fantastic break too!!! Yes - that would be AWFUL driving right past WDW and not going in... I am not sure I could do that?

I hate that laundry cleaning post vacation stuff - that is the worst! I hope you were able to get it all done. ::yes::

I am starting to look seriously at January 2018... Maybe, just maaaaybe - it might be a good time for another girls trip - depending on what V's college schedule looks like and when she begins/goes back. :scratchin

Hey D!
I am glad your trip south proved fruitful! Those are some monster mirrors! And to come home to most of the tree being undecorated-bonus! It stinks to be without a car- I am going on 6 months without one, so I can relate. Hopefully, it will allow you to get a lot done, though.
Day 2 of W30 was kind of rough. I made a good breakfast for DH and me. He was home all day, so I took the opportunity to go into town and check out a few stores I had wanted to find. After the 2nd store, though, I started to feel weak. Not really even hungry, just kind of spacey and weak if that makes any sense? Anyway, I went to the commissary to get some more veggies bc DH said he wanted to make a big batch of soup for dinner & enough leftover for his lunch for the week. Well, I did that & he made up the soup. We went to check it 4 hours later & discovered that he hadn't plugged in the crockpot!! I had eaten lunch but had not prepared to make dinner bc he was making the soup. We ended up eating eggs with veggies and potatoes for dinner about 8 pm. Today is day 3 & I have already had breakfast and my wretched black coffee. I think that will be the 1st thing I will do on day 31 is put at least a little sugar & cream in my coffee. I am determined to stick it out for this first 30 days!

Yes - it is a bummer without a car... Though, I really did try to plan ahead with groceries - so hopefully being without a car won't be too terrible.

You are likely experiencing some detox symptoms... Headaches and light headedness is quite common within the first week - especially after the holidays, when it seems that people eat more junk than what's normally part of their diet. It really serves as a reminder of the terrible stuff in our foods - although in Japan - I would guess it isn't nearly as bad as it is here? I could be wrong though.

UGH!!! Bummer about the crock pot - well, at least you have dinner for another night then? LOL

LOL - Yup that was the FIRST thing I did on day 31 too. LOL And I haven't gone back since... I just cannot do it. :scratchin

Yay!!!! That is so exciting!!! I have heard that Tokyo Disney is waaaay better than DLP? :scratchin

My daughter has been to DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland. She loved them both. She thought the parades were better in Japan. She didn't get the lottery to do a show, so she wasn't able to see that. Weird how so much is a lottery system (registering for classes to seeing a show at Disney). She is hoping to get another visit in before she comes back home in August. She sent us a picture of the train to Disney and it had Mickey heads hanging from the ceiling instead of the regular handles. You will have a lot of fun.

That sounds sooo fun!!! I hope she gets another trip in!

Hey there D; I finally got to go through and read your TR and see pics! Sorry it was such a pain in the rear to post them. It looked like so much fun, other than the parade incident. Poor V; I would have come undone. So many people are so self absorbed in their own little bubble these days. Not good.

Allison packed up your ornaments! I wish I had help like that. My husband always says if I want a tree he will put the branches on and the rest is up to me to decorate and take down. He could take it or leave it.

I am working on an e-mail to you; be on the lookout:)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

HI Carol! :) Totally OK - it was just the "perfect storm" LOL I am happy I was able to fix them so everyone could see. It's no fun reading a TR without pictures. ::yes::

It was not a fun situation with V, and I know it really put a damper on her parade experience... Though - I haven't heard anything about it since, so maybe she's put it out of her mind? LOL

Yes!!! I couldn't believe it - the entire tree!!! :woohoo: That was a HUGE task, and I was so thankful that she did it - all by herself no less. ::yes::

I received your email... Thanks for touching base with me - I so enjoy reading them... Maybe I'll get the chance to respond in a timely manner?

Thanks Carol - same to you! :hug:

How great that your cousin told you about the remodel of the hotel so you could get those mirrors. The mirrors looks great. If you don't like the mirror in your living room but just need to have it there for storage for now why not turn it around so that you only see the back of the mirror?

How great that Allison helped getting the Christmas tree down by removing all the ornaments from it.

I hope you have a great day today and that you get everything done that you need to get done :hug:

Yes - it was so nice!!! I love the mirrors a lot, and I think once we get our locations figured out - they will look great where ever they end up. ::yes:: It's a good idea to turn them around - however - the backs are really ugly, so I think I am better off with the mirrors facing out. However - if I get desperate, that is likely the first solution I will try... Thanks for the suggestion! :)

It was so nice of her! Such a relief - I sometimes have a hard time starting projects if they are too daunting, so that was just the push I needed, since the hardest part was done. ::yes::

Thanks! I did - same to you! :lovestruc

Hi there!
I made it through the first 10 pages. Will be back tomorrow to get the rest :)

SWOOOOOOOOOZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are here!!!!! :woohoo: I've missed you on the Dis, my friend and it's so great to see you! It was such a lovely surprise this morning! :lovestruc I know we talk every day on FB, but it's fun to see your smiling face here too! Love ya, my friend and miss you terribly!!! :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

I have nothing exciting to update for you all...

As most people do over New Years, I've recommitted to my health - AGAIN. The last few weeks of 2016 were mostly terrible for me... I gained 5 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas... That on top of what I gained back last year and repeatedly lost/gained - I am up about 15 - 20 lbs from where I want to be and where I feel the most comfortable... So, I am being diligent and working on that. So far, so good. ::yes:: I am planning to take it a little bit at a time.

I worked at Target yesterday - which made for an interesting day - logistically... When 3 of us need to be somewhere at the same time, 30 miles apart, and only 1 car... Yah - I foresee Wednesdays being tough days. ::yes:: We made it through unscathed - so that's good. ::yes::

Um - otherwise... Life is pretty boring...

I will be heavy lifting today...

Then I am working all day upstairs... I want to make good progress on this week's order... and also make some good progress on some extra stuff I've been working on. :)

We are having tacos for dinner tonight - at V's request - it's her favorite. Thankfully, it's super easy to make and very little time - so that makes life easy for me... And typically I can talk her into chopping stuff too... ::yes::

I've also been looking into a January 2018 trip... Let's keep that one quiet for the time being - Mmmm-kay? I will say - however, that this year - even if we do have to purchase a newer truck for Josh (his isn't paid off yet) - we will have 3 other MAJOR loans that will be paid off - so our budget is looking quite awesome this year, and the possibility of a trip next year is looking pretty good. ::yes:: We'll see if any good deals are released for either FQ or SoG... :scratchin I'll be watching. ::yes::

That's about all for now... Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Your secret is safe with me. So exciting! I'm not sure when our next trip will be. Mark is not a big Disney fan -- he tolerates it for my sake, but I've now done as many trips without him as with him, if not more without him! Brie enjoys it but it's not her all-time favorite vacation spot like it is for Alyssa and me. Mark and Brie have asked to do something different for our next family vacation, which certainly won't be this year with Alyssa's wedding, us possibly moving this summer, and Brie heading off to college. No money in the budget for a big vacation this year. Perhaps next year. Mark and the girls really want to do a cruise, but of course we'll be up to five people and would need two rooms so Alyssa and Andrew could have their own room....we shall see. Who knows.

I hope you don't catch a cold! There are several really horrible colds/bugs going around right now and I'm praying they all stay away from our house.

We were supposed to have started another W30 round this week but with Alyssa home that hasn't happened. And we still have Christmas goodies (a few) in the house, although all of us have been really good at avoiding them so it's probably time to throw them out. Whatever candy Alyssa doesn't take back to school with her tomorrow will go in the trash. All of the meals I have planned for this week are compliant, though, so that's good. Alyssa made baleadas for us for dinner last night (a traditional Honduran food -- essential like a bean burrito with scrambled eggs, avocado, crema (like sour cream), and queso duro (a hard cheese). Usually she handmakes the tortillas but she was tired last night so she bought them. It was really yummy -- definitely not compliant, but good. Tonight we're trying a recipe from the Real Plans program and I'm excited to see if we like it. I am finding that it's much easier for me to stay compliant with the dinners that I cook than lunch and dinner, but since I think we're going to do more of a Paleo approach than full W30, that may be ok.

We finally got all of the Christmas stuff put away last night, other than the front porch decorations we are still drying out from two days of rain this week. I just need to wash the Christmas tablecloths and put those away and I think we're pretty much done.

Wedding plans...oh goodness...we're actually in good shape, although the stress of planning so much in such a short period of time got to Alyssa yesterday and she had a bit of a rough day. She's matured so much...a few years ago, this kind of stress would have sent her into a meltdown. She holds it all in and it builds and builds and builds until she meltsdown. She's learned better how to deal with it and Andrew is great at helping her with it. Normally I'm her "release valve" and she vents it all at me. That hasn't happened and it's been bittersweet -- nice because it's hard to be on the receiving end of all of that, even though I know it's not aimed at me, but sweet because she's turning to Andrew for that kind of emotional support and that's how it's supposed to work. We got the photographer lined up yesterday, the invitation proofs look fabulous, and we have her appointments set to meet with the photographer, florist, cake person, bridal salon, and the reception venue all this month. Every Saturday is booked with wedding stuff for her, but then anything she has to do in person is done except wedding dress fitting and shopping for her shoes for the wedding. We've crammed so much into the time she's been home. She, like every bride, wants everything to be perfect, and of course I want it to be perfect for her. So far we're doing ok on the budget that I set...which is good and a relief...the last variable is the food budget. We've made decisions for the reception food but the ice cream float people didn't call me yesterday to talk about that, like they were supposed to, so I need to get their quote before I can be entirely comfortable about where we are on the budget. So much to think about...I really wish we had money in the budget to pay a wedding planner/director but I just don't. *Sigh*

Have a great day!

The mirrors were a great find! For some reason we don't have any full length mirrors in our house. Maybe that's on purpose?? Disney in Jan. sounds good! I've been in Jan. before and have lucked out on the weather. Such a nice break from the midwest winter weather. My DH and other family members gave me Disney gift cards for Christmas - I was thrilled! Now trying to decide when to go - I'm thinking late Sept?? I've never done the Halloween party and it seems worth it just to see the parade. Happy planning to both of us :cool1:

Love the mirrors. Now just to figure out where to put them all. I know when we added our new furniture that wasn't a sectional like our old stuff, it took me a while to figure out how I liked it best. It took moving stuff around many times.

How sweet of Allison to undecorate the tree for you. I finally finished yesterday except for my little Disney tree. I'm leaving it until this weekend. Unfortunately I have way too much stuff, even though I've committed to donating some to Goodwill every year. I have it all in plastic tubs and I have 20 tubs. Most are the 18-22 gallon, but I have a few 30 gallon too. I now have 2 empty tubs though after this year's donation. I try to get it there a few weeks before Christmas, so I usually am not done decorating when I take it in. I do not buy anything for myself anymore at after Christmas sales like I used to. And I only got one Jim Shore Disney Christmas decoration this year. That is part of my problem as I keep boxes for everything so those take up a lot of room.

Hooray for a possible trip in Jan. 2018. It's too bad that we are taking next year off as we really need new windows. I want to have a good chunk of money to put down, and then hopefully pay the rest off quickly as they have no interest for a year. I would have loved to meet you in person. We may have a possible trip to Disneyland in 2018 after my grandson graduates. He said that's what he wants as a present. We went once when he was 5. It was very warm in California in Jan. that year. He couldn't understand that it was winter and finally said "If this is winter, why don't we live here?" Good question, lol. Not sure if we will have the money for it, but I think we will have to go with if we can.

I'm surprised I'm getting all the fast passes I want for our upcoming trip. Since we're staying offsite again, I really was afraid I wouldn't be able to get Frozen Ever After. But it seems like I can get what I want, maybe just later times. But that's ok with us as we are there 3 weeks, so are pretty flexible. We are also trying Sci Fi dinner theater for the first time. We try a new restaurant every year. I hope we like it. We did the Plaza last year and weren't impressed at all. We were seated right next to the swinging door to the kitchen and the food was just ok. We're going while my son is down with us, so I hope we like it.

Hope you are able to get the truck fixed soon so you have another vehicle.

Yay for a maybe trip! I will keep my fingers crossed for you for a great deal at FQ or SoG! Have a great day!

I just wanted to say that I live in Japan right now, too, and this is definitely a "thing"!
OK, this fascinates me, so of course I googled it! FYI: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...tucky-fried-chicken-on-christmas-1-161666960/

I am looking seriously in to January 2018 for any one interested
Ohh, me! I'm going to have that AP burning a hole in my pocket! Would have loved to go this January, but no way to make it happen.

As most people do over New Years, I've recommitted to my health - AGAIN. The last few weeks of 2016 were mostly terrible for me... I gained 5 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas..
Yep. I lost 5 and gained 3 back. I'm trying to lose the rest of them and keep going. I have a goal for my birthday of 10lbs. I should be able to lose more by then, but I want to make it a very realistic goal I can stick to!

I've also been looking into a January 2018 trip... Let's keep that one quiet for the time being - Mmmm-kay?
Your secret is safe, as long as none of your family visit the Dis! ;)

We'll see if any good deals are released for either FQ or SoG.
Let me know what you see--you are better at finding them than me. January is rough for military discounts for WDW (which is the best I've seen) because they release the next year's discounts so late (if they continue them). I used the military discount for my last two FQ trips. But then I do have that above mentioned AP, so if those prices are the best, I'm willing and able to share!

Finally got around to reading your latest updates...how FUN! I am so with you on the MNSSHP...our favorite parade as well...and that MUSIC just sticks with you. It is probably the MAIN reason we upgraded to APs during our Thanksgiving trip. We tried to take the kids to MNSSHP two years ago, but we decided to wait it out and ride stuff during the first parade and watch the second one. BIG. MISTAKE. They ended up cancelling the parade due to weather, RIGHT before a HUGE thunderstorm rolled in around 10:30pm. The kids (and my in-laws) didn't know what they were missing of course...but they were still disappointed. I love it for the same reasons you do...well I remember the grave diggers but not the ghosts and that photo doesn't appear to be working for your report right now. :( Anyway it's definitely a high priority for us to return this year and make SURE we see the parade this time!

On a side note, I thought at some point I had replied to you way back a few pages ago when you got your new phone...and had to go to i-Phone. Our family is very anti Apple products but of course now you only have Josh I guess without an i-phone. I wanted to say we've all managed to buy unlocked phones that we've been quite happy with, between a few Go-Phones from ATT (they are Samsung go-phones...run around $100 each) and a few Motorola phones we've bought directly through the Motorola website (at about $200 each) we've been quite happy with all of them. I love not having to be locked into a contract for paying for the phone any longer...and when we need to replace them they aren't terrible expensive. The Motorolas have been quite nice for all of us and they continue to get better with the new phones...and are so affordable buying unlocked.

Ok side note over, very excited to hear about your possible January 2018 trip!

Marissa moves in with her new family the end of January. She has lined up friends to help transport her stuff on the train. The homestay program offers no help with moving.

January...that is an idea. Colleges don't go back till next week. Chelsea was supposed to go back this week, but it snowed. Although, the beginning of January might be too crowded still. I have been hearing that it is crowded. I want to go at least one more time with all the kids before we have to start not only juggling school schedules but multiple work schedules. Jacob said he is on board to pay his share of the trip, so late August / early September might still be a go. We shall see. I really want to have my mind made up before the 180 day mark.

3 major loans being paid off? That is great. I need to go through stuff that I have hung on to in order to sell and actually make an effort to sell them. Have a great rest of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter