~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Thanks so much for answering my questions about SOG I would love to stay there but I am going with my son and his family and they have never been to DW and I have been a few times. So I think we have different expectations of what this trip should look like. My son only wants to spend 3 days. I want to spend 6. So our plan B is POFQ.

Sorry to hear most of the borders are gone on the passport website :(

I totally understand what you are saying about iphones because I feel the same way about them :)

Oops, fell 4 pages behind again. All caught up again :)

I believe it was Jackie that recommended we try the smoothies at Landscape of Flavors... And I was on a mission at that moment, because it seemed a smoothie would hit the spot perfectly. ::yes::

Yep, that was me :) They are delicious (though sticky!!) and I can't wait to get my sticky hands on another one in just 16 short days!!!! AAHH!

So sorry that I am so far behind. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and the Christmas decorations look wonderful. Too funny that you saw Josh on your trip. Love V's shirt and so happy you had a nice visit at MOA with your aunt and cousin. I still have not figured out how to post pictures on here. When my daughter comes home again I will try and remember to ask her to help.
Have a wonderful day!

Hello there!
So fun just to tour FL! i wanna know what you bought out of the outlet stores?!?!

Fun you ran into BFF. I can't remember.. where they staying there?

I loved loved loved Moana!!! cannot stop listening to the music! reminds me too too too much of the poly and our first trip!!
nothing beats HeiHei as a disney character. NOTHING!

cant wait to see whatever custom order your working on? you haven't posted a bag i a long time!

Ummm... I wish I could remember - LOL... i know I got a pair of Halloween PJ pants for $4... And a bunch of stuff for Thomas and Lara - cute outfits and shirts... A few ornaments - which reminds me, I didn't put those on my tree yet. :scratchin I got a 2016 insulated cup - like the Chicago Mickey one you got for both Suzi and I (which I use all of the time). I had Cindy pick up 4 VB Hipsters for me (before I came down) - 3 Perfect Petals and 1 Midnight with Mickey - So, I'll never run out of bags. LOL I know I got more, I just can't remember what?

They stayed at FQ. :lovesruc

Yes - I don't post my bags on the Dis anymore... I don't want to get into trouble. :)

Sorry for the frustration of lack of borders. Disneyland did away with borders when they changed the program to a daily program. They recently added the weekly package back as a photopass option (right before we went this summer) but still no borders. Not as fun, but still nice to have the pictures.

Bummer - Yes - it is so frustrating to have missing borders - I just hope the ones that I have already edited with borders that no longer exist, still come with those borders on them. ::yes::

Thanks so much for answering my questions about SOG I would love to stay there but I am going with my son and his family and they have never been to DW and I have been a few times. So I think we have different expectations of what this trip should look like. My son only wants to spend 3 days. I want to spend 6. So our plan B is POFQ.

Well - I hope you do stay there one day - I think you will be pleasantly surprised. :lovestruc It's a fantastic resort! Maybe you can compromise on your park days??? I know, if I ever go back with Josh - I will have to do a lot less park days... ::yes::

That's too bad about the borders. Hopefully they will bring them back eventually.

I hope so too - these are some of the main ones... I just don't understand how they can have a border/sticker for each resort - yet the sticker that says "Walt Disney World" is gone? :scratchin It doesn't make much sense to me... ::yes::

Sorry to hear most of the borders are gone on the passport website

I totally understand what you are saying about iphones because I feel the same way about them

It is a bummer - hopefully they will bring a few of them back after the holiday borders are done?

Yes... Well, she did end up with an Iphone yesterday - I am not thrilled about it, but she seems excited, and it's her $$ - so whatever. :)

Oops, fell 4 pages behind again. All caught up again :)

Yep, that was me :) They are delicious (though sticky!!) and I can't wait to get my sticky hands on another one in just 16 short days!!!! AAHH!

Wahoo!!! This is so exciting - I can't believe your trip is so close!!! :woohoo:

Hehehehe - I hope you do!!! They were fantastic and hit the spot nicely that day! ::yes::

So sorry that I am so far behind. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and the Christmas decorations look wonderful. Too funny that you saw Josh on your trip. Love V's shirt and so happy you had a nice visit at MOA with your aunt and cousin. I still have not figured out how to post pictures on here. When my daughter comes home again I will try and remember to ask her to help.
Have a wonderful day!

No worries - It's so nice to see you Lynee... I hope you are doing well. :lovestruc

I hope your daughter is able to help you - it would be fun to see! :lovestruc

**********************************************************************************************************

Well - I worked out yesterday morning... It was a good eating day, until the M&M incident... Those are gone now and no more are coming into the house - so I should be safe. ::yes::

Allison and I ran to the store to purchase her new Iphone - she wanted the 6S+, and of course they up-sold her to the Iphone 7plus... She is happy with her purchase, so I guess that's what matters. She is technically an adult - so I try not to control what she does with her own $$... Which at times, is difficult.

Then we had a quick lunch before she went to school... Chipotle...

I came home and I worked for a little while. Then I realized I was out of one supply that I truly needed (which I had ample opportunities to purchase over the weekend)... Back to town I went & I grabbed V while I was there...

I made chicken dumpling soup for dinner... I was going to go make the dumplings and I realized I was out of Bisquick... Sigh... Back to town I went... Story of my life yesterday... Dinner was great and it sure hit the spot. I have enough soup left for the remainder of the week, I think. LOL

V and I watched a movie in our bed last night, it was a nice end to a good day.

Today - I will be heavy lifting this morning and trying hard to regain my eating momentum from last week - as my week/weekend was less than stellar.

I will be working all day, trying to make up for yesterday and the lack of work I was able to get done.

And that's all... No other plans.

Oh and a bit of Photopass editing.... I am completely done with all parks for all trips... I only need to edit the "resorts and more" section for V's trip - which is actually a lot, because of the "Greatest Stitch Experience Ever"... I should be able to get most of it finished this morning though. ::yes::

Have a wonderful day everyone! :lovestruc

D~

I can't wait to see some of those Photopass pictures of the Greatest Stitch experience EVER! The ones from FB were awesome, I felt like I could just hear the laughter :stitch2:

As you said Allison is an adult now and can do what she wants with her own money. I'm glad to hear she is satisfied with her purchase.

They say we are in for a snow storm today. I had to get a blood test done today. I decided to do it right after lunch so I would be back home again if the snow storm is coming to Tromsø. It was very windy outside and snow in the air so it wasn't fun being outside today. It doesn't sound that bad outside now, but then again I rarely hear the wind when I'm inside my apartment because of the houses in front of my house that gets most of the wind.

Glad you had a good day yesterday. That Chicken Dumpling soup sounds delicious!:goodvibes That's great you were able to make more of a dent in the Photopass pictures, I am really looking forward to hearing the whole story of the Amazing Stitch Experience!!!:stitch::goodvibes

I'm glad you were able to get all of your parks photos edited. The Photopass website is SO slow and cumbersome most of the time...I dread editing my pictures.

Glad Allison got her phone...I know what you mean, though, about trying not to control what she does with her own money. I am constantly reminding myself that Alyssa is an adult...and Brie will be one soon. I realized this weekend that next Christmas will be very different for us and it made me a bit sad. I just have to remember that different isn't bad...it's just different. And that's ok. (Her boyfriend proposed this weekend -- the proposal video is on my FB page if you want to see it -- it's so sweet!)

I have been doing ok on my eating but I've fallen hard off the wagon when it comes to sodas...Coke, specifically. I really need to stop drinking it again. I like the flavored sparkling waters (La Croix, etc.) and need to stick to those. I've noticed a definitely change in how I feel since I stopped drinking enough water and I need to address that.

I also have a weakness for M&Ms. It's not pretty.... LOL Have a good day!

I hope so too - these are some of the main ones... I just don't understand how they can have a border/sticker for each resort - yet the sticker that says "Walt Disney World" is gone? :scratchin It doesn't make much sense to me... ::yes::
Have you email photopass to ask about the missing borders.
Yes... Well, she did end up with an Iphone yesterday - I am not thrilled about it, but she seems excited, and it's her $$ - so whatever. :)

Allison and I ran to the store to purchase her new Iphone - she wanted the 6S+, and of course they up-sold her to the Iphone 7plus... She is happy with her purchase, so I guess that's what matters. She is technically an adult - so I try not to control what she does with her own $$... Which at times, is diffi
How does she like the 7+?
Oh and a bit of Photopass editing.... I am completely done with all parks for all trips... I only need to edit the "resorts and more" section for V's trip - which is actually a lot, because of the "Greatest Stitch Experience Ever"... I should be able to get most of it finished this morning though.
Glad you got most of the photo's done. Hopefully you got to finish them all today.

Just popping in to say hi D - I just realized we don't get the pleasure of seeing your bags any more; they are Disney related! But we understand, it stinks though.

That is a lot of time spent editing pictures; I don't understand why you pay that much money for a photo package and they do away with borders.

Well, I have been having the opposite D - doing really well eating but terrible at working out. I need to get back on track. I haven't been very consistent with my hormone meds and I have been really dragging.

We went to see Arrival this weekend; best movie ever D; I highly recommend it to anyone. It isn't really a sci fi movie as it is a life movie. I actually had tears at the end. If you sit and think about what all the movie was about it really moves you.

Allison and her phone; I know it is hard to see that chunk of change go towards a phone but the kiddos these days live on their phones. So, the phones are really, really expensive because they know they can sell them for a good amount of money. I hope she is enjoying it.

Have a good week D; I will be checking in; hugs and prayers always.

Hi D! I am glad you are making progress with your photopass edits. I enjoy the throwback picks here & on FB. That website is the pits, though. It has always given me a fit. I don't envy you having to do that many edits at once. It sounds like another busy week for you. Chicken n dumplins sounds so perfect right now! Yum! I made a potato soup with the hambone we had left over from Thanksgiving. It was delicious as well. It has been a difficult week here. Between cheerleading practice and games and gymnastics, having one car is proving very difficult. We can walk most places, but it is getting cold (to us, anyway). Then, I went to the dr. yesterday & found out that I have an infection in my toe :-)crazy2:) so they poked around and made it hurt even worse before they gave me an antibiotic & told me to just "wait and see". Then last evening, Quinn came down with a fever. I gave her meds and a cool washcloth bath & it went down. We went through this cycle about every 5-6 hours all night until finally just before dawn this morning, she throws up all over me and my bed. Of course, DH was already gone for PT at 0-dark thirty like a good Marine. Which left me to hobble up and down the stairs cleaning it up and trying to calm down the baby. It's been one of those days! Tomorrow will be better. I finally got her to take a nap this afternoon and decided the thing I wanted to do was come here & check on my Dis-friends. I'm looking forward to the next update and the newly edited photos! Take care, friend!

I can't wait to see some of those Photopass pictures of the Greatest Stitch experience EVER! The ones from FB were awesome, I felt like I could just hear the laughter

Me too - it was the coolest thing ever to happen to us in all of our Disney trips - so I cannot wait to share it here!

As you said Allison is an adult now and can do what she wants with her own money. I'm glad to hear she is satisfied with her purchase.

They say we are in for a snow storm today. I had to get a blood test done today. I decided to do it right after lunch so I would be back home again if the snow storm is coming to Tromsø. It was very windy outside and snow in the air so it wasn't fun being outside today. It doesn't sound that bad outside now, but then again I rarely hear the wind when I'm inside my apartment because of the houses in front of my house that gets most of the wind.

Yes - she seems to be, I haven't seen her much since then. ::yes::

Your weather sounds exactly like ours - minus the snow, but it's been terribly windy since yesterday - and bitter cold, which is the part I don't like. Well, I don't like any of it - but I really dislike the cold. LOL Stay warm out there Lillian!

Glad you had a good day yesterday. That Chicken Dumpling soup sounds delicious!:goodvibes That's great you were able to make more of a dent in the Photopass pictures, I am really looking forward to hearing the whole story of the Amazing Stitch Experience!!!

It was really good - and it sure hit the spot!

Yes - I think I have about 15 photos left to do edits on, which makes me happy! :woohoo: I cannot wait to share that - I think it happened on Day 7, so I have a couple more days to go before I get to it. ::yes::

I'm glad you were able to get all of your parks photos edited. The Photopass website is SO slow and cumbersome most of the time...I dread editing my pictures.

Glad Allison got her phone...I know what you mean, though, about trying not to control what she does with her own money. I am constantly reminding myself that Alyssa is an adult...and Brie will be one soon. I realized this weekend that next Christmas will be very different for us and it made me a bit sad. I just have to remember that different isn't bad...it's just different. And that's ok. (Her boyfriend proposed this weekend -- the proposal video is on my FB page if you want to see it -- it's so sweet!)

I have been doing ok on my eating but I've fallen hard off the wagon when it comes to sodas...Coke, specifically. I really need to stop drinking it again. I like the flavored sparkling waters (La Croix, etc.) and need to stick to those. I've noticed a definitely change in how I feel since I stopped drinking enough water and I need to address that.

I also have a weakness for M&Ms. It's not pretty.... LOL Have a good day!

I know - right?? It makes it very difficult and it's definitely something I look forward to and dread at the exact same time... And then it's so BORING - if the photos would just save and load... :scratchin

I agree - everything is very quickly becoming different here too... We see less and less of Allison, and V will follow suit soon - I am sure. It makes me very sad.

I tried to watch the video last night, but I was on my tablet and my tablet doesn't always like videos... I will try to watch it from my computer today. So exciting for her and so sweet that you were able to capture it on video. :lovestruc

Yes - definitely replace the soda with something you like... For me - it was the convenience of having it portable - so as long as I have my bottles of sparkling water, I have no desire for soda... I did have a gulp of V's the other day at the Moana movie- and it tasted so terrible to me, so I really have no desire to go back to it at all. Sending hugs - you can do this!!!

Yah - and then V and I made cookies last night - that wasn't pretty either... Grrrr.... It's my mission to get some healthy snacks in the house today - I think I am eating junk because there is nothing else for me to eat easily. ::yes::

Thanks - same to you!

Have you email photopass to ask about the missing borders.

How does she like the 7+?

Glad you got most of the photo's done. Hopefully you got to finish them all today.

I have not... but I think I will. ::yes::

I think she really likes it. I hope she does - anyways. LOL

I only have about 15 left to do - I should be able to finish them all by tomorrow. ::yes:: I hope!

Just popping in to say hi D - I just realized we don't get the pleasure of seeing your bags any more; they are Disney related! But we understand, it stinks though.

That is a lot of time spent editing pictures; I don't understand why you pay that much money for a photo package and they do away with borders.

Well, I have been having the opposite D - doing really well eating but terrible at working out. I need to get back on track. I haven't been very consistent with my hormone meds and I have been really dragging.

We went to see Arrival this weekend; best movie ever D; I highly recommend it to anyone. It isn't really a sci fi movie as it is a life movie. I actually had tears at the end. If you sit and think about what all the movie was about it really moves you.

Allison and her phone; I know it is hard to see that chunk of change go towards a phone but the kiddos these days live on their phones. So, the phones are really, really expensive because they know they can sell them for a good amount of money. I hope she is enjoying it.

Have a good week D; I will be checking in; hugs and prayers always.

Sadly - yes, they are Disney related, but more so, they are business related... To be quite honest, I am on The Dis for my friends and writing TRs - not to make gains for my business... So, when it comes down to it - I decided my friends were more important to me - and I didn't want to risk losing my time here over sharing my bags... About a year ago (maybe more) - I decided not to share them here at all anymore. I know a lot of people miss seeing them, which is a bummer - but I hope they understand that their friendship is more important to me. :hug:

I know - it's so frustrating - especially borders that are so generic - I found myself putting the "Walt Disney World" border on everything. Kind of bummed - but I think I will email them this morning and see if there is a way to get those borders back. :scratchin

I understand Carol - it's been a tough few weeks for me here too... I think part of the problem for me, is that I haven't gone grocery shopping yet - so I am out of snacks... I find myself grazing on whatever I can find - which is nothing good for me... I plan to change that today. ::yes::

I have an entire list of movies that are out right now, I'd love to see... This one wasn't on it until now... LOL It isn't scary is it???

That is true - it's not as if they don't get their $$ worth out of them. ::yes::

Thanks Carol - same to you! :lovestruc

Hi D! I am glad you are making progress with your photopass edits. I enjoy the throwback picks here & on FB. That website is the pits, though. It has always given me a fit. I don't envy you having to do that many edits at once. It sounds like another busy week for you. Chicken n dumplins sounds so perfect right now! Yum! I made a potato soup with the hambone we had left over from Thanksgiving. It was delicious as well. It has been a difficult week here. Between cheerleading practice and games and gymnastics, having one car is proving very difficult. We can walk most places, but it is getting cold (to us, anyway). Then, I went to the dr. yesterday & found out that I have an infection in my toe :-)crazy2:) so they poked around and made it hurt even worse before they gave me an antibiotic & told me to just "wait and see". Then last evening, Quinn came down with a fever. I gave her meds and a cool washcloth bath & it went down. We went through this cycle about every 5-6 hours all night until finally just before dawn this morning, she throws up all over me and my bed. Of course, DH was already gone for PT at 0-dark thirty like a good Marine. Which left me to hobble up and down the stairs cleaning it up and trying to calm down the baby. It's been one of those days! Tomorrow will be better. I finally got her to take a nap this afternoon and decided the thing I wanted to do was come here & check on my Dis-friends. I'm looking forward to the next update and the newly edited photos! Take care, friend!

Thanks! I am glad you are enjoying them - I love seeing them too! It's hard when I don't have a Disney trip in my future... Oh well - there are worse things in life, so I'll just be thankful for what I do have and the memories I've been able to make there. ::yes::

The edits are crazy - but with that many photos - I don't edit every. single. photo. like I used to... I pick the best ones out of a group and edit those... The rest I leave alone - so with that many pictures, it makes life a little easier. If I have time at the end of the week - I will go back at edit the remainder of them. ::yes:: I was most worried about our Halloween party pictures and the ones taken in MK during that week - I realized when I started editing this week, that those Halloween borders will be gone in a few weeks and I almost missed out on them. Which would have been a huge bummer! I made sure I edited those first. ::yes::

I love soup, and all comfort food this time of year... :lovestruc

What a tough day!!! I feel so terrible for you - I cannot imagine... I feel your pain though. The year Josh was in Iraq - not only was I battling the worst depression ever, but that Christmas the girls and I came down with the worst stomach flu we've ever had before or since... I remember crying while I was puking in the bathroom on Christmas day - thinking that life couldn't get much worse... Military spouses have it pretty tough sometimes - I am sending you giant hugs from around the world - praying that no one else gets sick and today goes so much better for you - I wish I could be there for you. :hugs:

Sending love and hugs!!! :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

Well - yesterday - I lifted weights in the morning...

I went straight upstairs and I worked all day... V was home, not feeling well - so I had no reason to leave my PJs for anything... So, I worked and I was able to get a lot done.

In the afternoon - V and I made cookies - which wasn't the wisest decision for me... I ate far too many of them. ::yes::

Today - I work at Target, so I need to get going...

I hope you all have a wonderful day - sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Well, it's a very good thing I didn't change Andy's room into the office/lego room. We got word Monday night that he was sent to the hospital over the weekend with his back and they are discharging him medically because of his scoliosis. Before he signed up, his doctor did xrays and said the curvature of his spine was within the allowable limits so it shouldn't be a problem. I guess he was wrong.... Andy is very down on himself about not being able to man up and complete boot camp but we keep telling him that at least he tried....his back issues are out of his control, and his doctor here should have probably done more testing to make sure his back could withstand boot camp. We're hoping they clear him through legal/medical quickly so he can be home by Christmas, but from the way it's sounding, it may be closer to New Years before he gets back home.

....so the Lego castle will remain in the box for a while longer, which is just ok.

Sorry about the borders. I downloaded my pictures last April after we got them done. But my daughter wanted to use one for a Christmas card and I was happy to go on and see there were new Christmas ones we like better this year. So I was able to edit a few more and download them. It makes me want to go back and see what else is new and maybe add a few more borders to my other pictures. It's not too bad to download just a few. Last year it took a long time to download but I have faster internet now. I'm not sure they will be able to do anything about the missing borders. At least the ones you already did are there right?

I've finally gotten all my decorating done, inside and out and am working on wrapping gifts I can put under the tree now. It's kind of funny now that I'm retired I don't feel like I need to rush. So I think I'm farther behind on my shopping than usual, lol. Most of my kids and grandkids make lists on Amazon that makes it really easy for me. I always like to find a few things they're not expecting though. The grandkids are all getting the iphone 6. My daughter really wanted to wait as the youngest is 12. She's mainly afraid they will be on it all the time, like her dh. But the oldest is 16 and really needs one, so they all get them and they got a good deal.

My husband and I are both trying to cut out snacks, good or bad. It's really become easier now and we got out of the habit of having anything to eat after dinner. It had just become a habit I think. And the usual snack was ice cream so I don't buy it. I know what you mean about eating the bad stuff if you don't have good snacks though. I should quit buying but my husband complains if there are no sweets at all. And it seems to be working for us so that's good. Trying to get in a little better shape for Disney. My sister sent me a video of making Disney cookies out of Oreos so I'm going to make them for Christmas. My mom makes a lot of cookies but these will be something different.

Hope you have a good day at Target!

home made cookies are the best ones. I'm planning on baking chocolate chip cookies either this weekend or next weekend.

I hope your day at Target goes fast.

I didn't see much to the storm yesterday. Today the are warning that a new storm is coming on Friday and it's going to be much worse than the storms we normal get here.

So glad you almost have the editing done. Hope V is feeling better. Cookies!! My mom made a half of patch of her butter cookies the other day for a birthday and they are already gone. Love a good butter cookie!!
Last night we got another coating of snow. It is melted by the afternoon, which is perfectly fine by me.
I know what you mean about Allison purchasing things with her own money. It's hard sometimes to step back and cringe. They have to learn and you just pray they make a good choice.
Have a wonderful day!!!

I'm glad you were able to have a productive day yesterday, but sorry that V wasn't feeling well. I hope she's feeling better today. It's been ages since I made cookies....I fear I would eat them all. LOL But I know my girls will want to do some holiday baking while Alyssa is home...maybe I can convince them that most of the goodies should be given to friends and neighbors and not kept for us!

Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter