~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

"Welcome!!! You are never late here! :lovestruc I am looking forward to sharing the rest of it - trying to go a bit slower with this TR, because as of now, I don't have another trip booked - so it's looking like the end of my Dis days are near. I am very sad about this, as I have been writing TRs now for 6 years."

Don't forget - you are planning a European trip to visit Josh's brother and family in the future. And of course you are only a train ride away from Disneyland Paris. Alison and I will both attest to the fact that the big park rehabs will be finished by then, so go ahead and start a new pre-trip report. You just have to let us know where to find it, either here on the pre-trip board or over in the Disneyland Paris board. LOL. You'll now have a legitimate reason for staying on the boards and posting!

Karen

Your sink area looks nice.

A few months ago I found this Disney Castle in Lego on the internet. And I've been debating on whether I should buy it or not. I really don't have a space for it at the moment. Well 2 weeks ago I went and looked at it again and then they where out of stock and it didn't look like they would get it back in stock. I was a little bummed that I missed the chance to buy it. Today I got an e-mail about Cyber Monday sale in the lego store and I just had to go back to see if they had the castle now. And they did. So I decided to order one for myself for Christmas. It's big but I'm sure I will figure out where to put it sooner or later :)

Here is a picture of the castle
maxresdefault.jpg

Your Christmas tree and decorations are just wonderful! I especially love the red and gold theme and the ribbons just bring it all together... very holly jolly :)

Hi D! Its great to hear you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine went very well too, it was nice to spend time with friends and family while home.

I LOVE all your Christmas decorations. Your tree and nativity look so nice and festive. I also love all the little details and decorations you put throughout your house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the shirt V bought, very classic Disney!:thumbsup2
Also, your food from the Wave looks fantastic, as usual:rotfl:That place is still on my list to go for breakfast!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures from AoA - I have been to that resort a lot (since I stayed there too), and I can never get enough of looking at pictures of the place!:goodvibes

Hope you had a good day!:goodvibes

Your Christmas décor is all so cute -- I love the way the valance turned out and I love that you decorate your kitchen! You're inspiring me to do more.

I love good homemade chicken pot pie. Yummmmmm.....

My niece that did the "carving" on the bannister is 9 years old...but she has significant impulse control issues (she is adopted and birth mom did drugs and drank a lot while pregnant...so my poor niece has issues that are caused by the prenatal drug and alcohol exposure). Anyway, I'm hoping we can sand it down and find paint that matches (it's painted wood). *Sigh*

It's back to work for me today....company is all gone (except my Mom -- she's staying in town to finish her Christmas shopping today and will leave later tonight). My husband had early morning basketball practice today so I'm hoping he might get the Christmas tree set up after work today so we can start on it.

Can you believe that, in all of our trips, we've never eaten at The Wave??? I need to add it to my list of places to try!

Thank you! I can honestly say that I've never really decorated my kitchen before - I've wanted to, but aside from the mantel that we used to have up, the decorating in that room was very minimal. I am not sure why it's so much easier now that we've done some remodeling? We still have the exact same space and set-up... :scratchin Maybe because it's better organized and brighter?

Me too!!! I love the comfort foods at this time of year... Stews, soups, pot roasts (what's for dinner tonight)... Warm and comforting. ::yes:: Sadly - a lot of the comfort part of it is grain-based, so it's difficult for me to eat it - sometimes I make allowances and sometimes I pick around it - which leaves my meals very underwhelming and unsatisfying. Sigh. I know you understand... Even though my side effects from grains are very minimal and tolerable - I still have a strong belief that they are not a good source of nutrition for any human (or animal) - so I continue to avoid them as much as possible. ::yes::

Such a sad story... It breaks my heart to hear things like that. The reality of our times. Such a lucky girl to be a part of your family though - she has nothing but a bright promise of a future now. :lovestruc I hope you are able to find a way to fix the banister easily and it doesn't hit your pocket book too hard... I'd ask for ideas in that FB group - those ladies/gents are resourceful!

It will be nice to breathe a sigh of relief once your home is back to being yours. ::yes:: I hope you were able to get a start on your tree. :lovestruc

You really should add the Wave to your list... It is a great place!

Sounds yummy especially since you had extra crust.
I was shocked at how few left over we had. Dh told me my turkey was too big. I had a 22 pound bird for 18 people ( 3 were under a year old, and one was 2 1/2 years old). I did make both my brother in laws take home the stuffed cabbage my mother in law made.

Your valance looks amazing!

We had a lazy weekend, but did run around a bit. I would up going to joann fabric on black friday. I'm going to make my girls and my 4 nephews matching pj pants. Saw the flannel was on sale, so went to pick some up. I also got some solid flannel to back the t-shirt quilt that i started way too long ago.
Saturday we went to see Fantastic beast and where to find them. I was surprised at how good it was. We go to the first showing since it is a lot cheaper. Went to a mall to return to Hot topic. My daughter bought white t-shirts that did not look good on her so need to return them. I also had a pair of jeans i had bought for her but it was a size 1 instead of size 0. They were on clearance, and I lost the receipt. Figured what did I have to lose trying to return the, now i have store credit which i think is for more than we paid for the jeans.
Sunday we went to see Moana. Then came home to watch the Giants game. After the Giants game , we cleaned up the leaves in our front yard.

Sounds like the turkey was pretty good if you had few leftovers. ;)

Thank you! I've had so much fun decorating this year... The hard part will be taking it all down - I inevitably forget something - which drives me nuts. LOL

OOooh - fun!!! I am making a pair of PJ pants for Thomas this year - I need to get to work on them... I have the fabric and the pattern - I just need to dig out my serger from the mountain of fabric that's on top of it (read that as organize my sewing room... sigh) - maybe this weekend, I will work on that? :scratchin

I really want to see both of those movies! I am glad to hear they were good - I've heard great things about Moana!

Love all the Christmas decorations. We didn't have much time to do that with the Nutcracker performance. I am just going to say I am glad it is over.

The drive to Thanksgiving wasn't too bad (less than 3 hours). The drive home was a bit worse. It took over 4 (very rainy and dark). However, the time there was very nice.

I took the kids to see Moana on Sunday. I really get baffled at people sometimes. I went online first thing in the morning and saw that there was only 1 matinee showing of the movie for the day. So, we arrived 2.5 hours early to buy tickets (day before had sold out). Then we ate lunch and came back an hour before the show to stand in line. We were 2nd family in line. They let us into the theater about 40 minutes before the show. What I don't understand are the families that come in 3-5 minutes before the show expecting to find seats together and they get upset when there aren't any. I guess no matter what time people show up, that there are always going to be ones that can't sit together. The movie was good. Not in my Top 5 princess movie list, but it was cute.

Have a great day.

It sounds like that was a crazy weekend for you - I am glad you survived it and I am sure Chelsea did great? :lovestruc

Sounds like our drive home- which Josh did in it's entirety... It was rainy and very dark - hard to see most of the time. I am a sucky night time driver - so it's in all of our best interests that Josh drove... ::yes::

I understand... Typically we don't have that problem - as we rarely see movies when they first come out... But I understand - Disney is much the same way, LOL... Gotta get there early if you want to have any hopes of getting anything done. ::yes:: I do think it's incredibly rude for people to arrive to a busy movie late and expect others to move to allow them to sit together, it's not fair to those who got there early to pick their seats and it's just rude. ::yes:: I've heard good things about Moana though and I am looking forward to seeing it. ::yes::

Thanks Shannon - it's great to have you back on The Dis! :lovestruc

"Welcome!!! You are never late here! :lovestruc I am looking forward to sharing the rest of it - trying to go a bit slower with this TR, because as of now, I don't have another trip booked - so it's looking like the end of my Dis days are near. I am very sad about this, as I have been writing TRs now for 6 years."

Don't forget - you are planning a European trip to visit Josh's brother and family in the future. And of course you are only a train ride away from Disneyland Paris. Alison and I will both attest to the fact that the big park rehabs will be finished by then, so go ahead and start a new pre-trip report. You just have to let us know where to find it, either here on the pre-trip board or over in the Disneyland Paris board. LOL. You'll now have a legitimate reason for staying on the boards and posting!

Karen

True! I am not sure the one or two days we have to spend at DLP will warrant a full PTR though? I've heard that it's a pretty easy park to navigate... I guess I should look at the maps you sent huh? LOL I"ll consider writing a PTR for it... :lovestruc Thanks for cheering me on and nudging me that direction. :)

Your sink area looks nice.

A few months ago I found this Disney Castle in Lego on the internet. And I've been debating on whether I should buy it or not. I really don't have a space for it at the moment. Well 2 weeks ago I went and looked at it again and then they where out of stock and it didn't look like they would get it back in stock. I was a little bummed that I missed the chance to buy it. Today I got an e-mail about Cyber Monday sale in the lego store and I just had to go back to see if they had the castle now. And they did. So I decided to order one for myself for Christmas. It's big but I'm sure I will figure out where to put it sooner or later

Here is a picture of the castle
maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks! I am loving having all of our decorations up - it sure is festive around here! :lovestruc

Eeeek!!! I've admired that Castle before - many times... And I envy anyone who can put it together!!! You will definitely have to send me picture of this one when you get it all assembled and I want to see where you put it too... Are you going to leave it up year round??? I am very excited for you for this one! :woohoo: I am glad you got a great deal on it too!

Your Christmas tree and decorations are just wonderful! I especially love the red and gold theme and the ribbons just bring it all together... very holly jolly

Thank you! I am super happy that I purchased so many new ornaments last year when they were 90% off - it made decorating this year a lot easier... And I love red and gold during the holidays - it's just so festive! :lovestruc

Hi D! Its great to hear you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. Mine went very well too, it was nice to spend time with friends and family while home.

I LOVE all your Christmas decorations. Your tree and nativity look so nice and festive. I also love all the little details and decorations you put throughout your house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the shirt V bought, very classic Disney!
Also, your food from the Wave looks fantastic, as usual:rotfl:That place is still on my list to go for breakfast!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures from AoA - I have been to that resort a lot (since I stayed there too), and I can never get enough of looking at pictures of the place!

Hope you had a good day!

I am so happy that you were able to be home with your friends and family... I hope school is going well for you too?

Thank you - I hope I am not boring all of you with all of my decor posts... I am pretty much done now - I have a couple of things I ordered, which I will fill in later this week, but for the most part - I am done. ::yes::

I love that shirt too - it's super cute on her and the back is just adorable too! I can't wait to share it!

Definitely need to add it to your list - quietly... We don't want it to get too busy. ::yes:: LOL

It's so fun to walk through! I do think it would be a fun resort to stay at, as well - VERY Disney like in every way!

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

********************************************************************************************************

I had a really good day yesterday...

I worked out right away in the morning and I was up to work by 9am - which is the time I try to be up there.

I took an hour and finished last week's custom order... Then I started on this week's. I am super excited about it.

I received a text from my cousin yesterday - she wants to meet up at the MOA this week for our annual Christmas shopping trip and lunch... Which means I have to take an extra day off in my sewing room this week I didn't expect. So, I will be working up there most evenings this week, as I have to take Friday off as well... It will make for an interesting work week for me... However, I am very thankful that I have the flexibility to adjust my schedule when things like this come up. ::yes::

Otherwise - I worked upstairs all day, I was able to get a lot done and I am very happy with my progress.

Last night, we sat around and watched Hallmark Christmas movies again... I think Josh is sick of them - but then I catch him watching and laughing at them - so I think he just wants me to think he is sick of them - when really he's enjoying them? :scratchin He's a man - he won't admit to liking mushy movies. :lmao:

Today is a heavy lifting day for me... My eating has been going pretty well - for the most part. No Thanksgiving leftovers to tempt me... I've had a few run-ins with some sweets we've had laying around, but I've really tried to control that as best as I can. ::yes:: I don't feel like I've made much more progress since we've been home from Kansas, though I don't feel like I am sliding backwards either - which is good. ::yes:: As much as I'd love to lose during this holiday season - I'd be equally as happy not to gain and just maintain - it's so hard this time of year!

I will also be working upstairs all day... I need to maximize all of my available time up there this week. ::yes::

I hope you all have a great day! Sending Pixie Dust out to all! :lovestruc

D~

I took the kids to see Moana on Sunday. I really get baffled at people sometimes. I went online first thing in the morning and saw that there was only 1 matinee showing of the movie for the day. So, we arrived 2.5 hours early to buy tickets (day before had sold out). Then we ate lunch and came back an hour before the show to stand in line. We were 2nd family in line. They let us into the theater about 40 minutes before the show. What I don't understand are the families that come in 3-5 minutes before the show expecting to find seats together and they get upset when there aren't any. I guess no matter what time people show up, that there are always going to be ones that can't sit together. The movie was good. Not in my Top 5 princess movie list, but it was cute.
Drives me nuts. I'm glad that most of the theaters near me has the recliner preassigned seats.we buy our tickets on line and know where we are sitting before we go.
We did see moana at an older theatre. Bought tickets the day before. Arrived 1/2 hour early. We were the 2nd family in the theatre. People came in as the previewed started.

I received a text from my cousin yesterday - she wants to meet up at the MOA this week for our annual Christmas shopping trip and lunch... Which means I have to take an extra day off in my sewing room this week I didn't expect. So, I will be working up there most evenings this week, as I have to take Friday off as well... It will make for an interesting work week for me... However, I am very thankful that I have the flexibility to adjust my schedule when things like this come up. ::yes::
Fun tradition even if you have to work extra to free up the time.
Today is a heavy lifting day for me... My eating has been going pretty well - for the most part. No Thanksgiving leftovers to tempt me... I've had a few run-ins with some sweets we've had laying around, but I've really tried to control that as best as I can. ::yes:: I don't feel like I've made much more progress since we've been home from Kansas, though I don't feel like I am sliding backwards either - which is good. ::yes:: As much as I'd love to lose during this holiday season - I'd be equally as happy not to gain and just maintain - it's so hard this time of year!
I have to get my eating back on track. After saying I was not going to have wheat yesterday, we had tortellini for dinner. 360 calories but wheat and cheese. The 2 things I wasn't going to eat.

I find it so hard to eat as a family while my DH is "dieting". He needs measured portions that he can enter into my fitness pal. Which means he vetos most recipes since it is too hard for him to track or not over eat.

It's wonderful that your work and schedule is such that you can adjust when things like that come up. MOA is on my list of places to go.... Have fun shopping with your cousin!

The tree did not get up last night...my husband forgot he had a scrimmage last night (he's a high school basketball coach) so he didn't get home until late. Maybe tonight, since he had early morning practice again today. We shall see. Otherwise, it will probably go up this weekend. I'm ready to get the tree up! Once it's up it takes me a few days to get the branches fluffed out the way I like them. Then I'll put the ribbon on and it will stay bare until the 16th when Alyssa and Andrew arrive (he's planning to officially propose to her before they come for Christmas -- so exciting!). We'll all decorate it together that night. But all of the other decorations will go up before then -- I hope this weekend! We decorate the entertainment center, fireplace, and hearth in the family room, and the strange divider railing between the living room and dining room, and the front porch...and I swap out a lot of our wall décor with Christmas items, so that needs to get done.

What is the name of the FB group? I'd love to join. I'm terrible at decorating and could definitely use some help/ideas.

Have a great day!

Hello!
Glad your Thanksgiving was great!

Quick Disney update and i loved it! There is nothing more beautiful than the Poly!!! So lush and relaxing.. CANNOT WAIT TO GET BACK THERE!

One day we will try the wave. Maybe the Tom and i run to Disney trip without kids? WHo knows.

the Tee shirt is adorable on V and i do love all 8? of your a&a bangles!

ADORE the christmas decorations!! LOVE LOVE it's all so homey and comfortable while still living in a hallmark christmas movie!

Yes i have been watching them every chance i can..

Have a great day!

It's great that you are able to adjust your schedule in the sewing room so you can do other things when needed and when you want to.

How nice that Josh is liking the Hallmark Christmas movies even if he don't want to admit it.

How great that your eating is going well.

When I find the space for the Lego Disney Castle it will be displayed all year around.

As I told you a few days ago the weather forecast said it would be temperatures above freezing point again soon and rain. Sure enough today it's raining and the temperature is above freezing point. The roads are free from snow and ice which is good. But the sidewalks and the walking road from my garage to my apartment have slush snow on it that will become slippery thick ice when the temperature goes below freezing point again. I whish it rained more today so all the slush snow would go away before the temperature gets below freezing point again. The weather forecast say I'm not going to be that lucky that the slush snow will go away before the temperature goes below freezing point again. So I guess I have to find my anti slippery things ( I know we talked about these things I put on my shoes to get a grip on the ice last winter, but I can't remember what you call them in the US) to put on my shoes so I don't fall on the ice so easy.

I hope school is going well for you too?
School is going great! I am really enjoying myself. I am being kept busy with homework and such, but the semester is practically over. I'll be taking my final exams and going home in about 3 weeks! Then I get a full month off!:woohoo:
Thank you - I hope I am not boring all of you with all of my decor posts... I am pretty much done now - I have a couple of things I ordered, which I will fill in later this week, but for the most part - I am done. ::yes::
NO of course not! I love seeing all the decorations you put in your home.:goodvibes

Did you get any Cyber Monday shopping done? A lot of stores had some great deals yesterday. I know I had good luck with Target, Amazon, The Disney Store, ect. I had to get a head start on my Christmas shopping.::yes::

Also, I meant to ask you, did your girls see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? I am not a huge Harry Potter fan, but my two friends here at school are, and I went with them to see it. It was a pretty good movie. As huge Harry Potter fans, my friends really enjoyed it!:thumbsup2

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I love your Christmas decorations! So pretty! It all looks very warm and cozy and peaceful-if that makes sense.
Glad your holiday eating went well. Mine was not great but not terrible. I did indulge a little too much. My mom made a pumpkin roll, which I love, that she left here and my mother-in-law left a huge pumpkin pie. I ended up throwing away what was left of the pie. I know that is wasteful but I couldn't give it away and since I am the only one that likes pumpkin pie here it had to go. :)
Have a great day!

So the shady shuttle is just a golf cart? Where does the shuttle transport you to? Also,. I have a question about SOG my son is military and we wondered about staying at SOG. Could we book more than one room? And do we always have to stay with him when we go back to our rooms?

Hi, D. I am enjoying the trip report so much! My daughter just started the 4th HP book and she is dying to see Diagon Alley at USO. we have been to the one in Ca but it is only Hogsmeade. Your Christmas Décor looks so great! I am looking forward to the day when we have a home of our own and our kids are big enough to not mess with everything that is out. For now, I am enjoying letting them take the reigns on decorating and having fun with it! Oh, I wanted to tell you, I ordered the Whole30 book and it finally came! My DH said if I wait to start after the holidays, he would do it with me. Right now I am reading through the book and trying to figure out what I can and can't get here. I found out that we can't get sweet potatoes here because they will not allow potatoes of any kind to be imported. Not sure why. Anyway, I am nervous but excited to find out how we do with it. I hope you have a great week and enjoy shopping with your cousin!

Your Christmas decorations look great. You are very good at getting colors and textures just right. ::yes::

How is Allison doing?

We have been really busy with remodeling the kitchen, which mostly means cleaning up the debris that rains down through the floor and into the basement, Christmas decorations, shopping and getting ready for our Disney trip which begins Saturday. It will be nice to get away from the chaos for awhile.

Hi D! Belated Thanksgiving wishes! I'm just now finishing up my insanely busy time at work. Still busy with year end and all but not the 50 hour weeks it was for the last few months.

Congrats to A! She looks so happy! Love V's art work! Love all your Christmas decorations. Congrats to Matt! How fun that you got to go see him play!!!!

Lizzy is in the midst of college applications-she submitted 5 about 4 weekends ago. She got a phone call from one 3 days later that she was in! It was great to hear so quickly and boosted Lizzy's confidence. Her top choice right now is SUNY Oswego right on Lake Ontario. They had early action-so if you got your application in by 11/15 they would let you know by 12/15. She kept checking that status online and saw it change from under review to reviewed but it said the decision would be in the mail by 12/15. She got a great big envelope in the mail from them and was all excited but it was just a "thanks for applying" letter with a shiny brochure. That was frustrating for her but the very same day she got an email from Millersville (in PA) that her status had changed and when she checked that online it linked to an acceptance letter. Then the next day she got another big envelope from Oswego and it was an acceptance letter so she's very excited. We still haven't heard from a small school in NH-they can't seem to match up her transcript, SATs and application-I wasn't impressed when we went to visit and the place has a reputation of being a big party school that she would hate. She liked that it was easy to get to and the town looked a bit like our hometown but I think we can completely write that one off now. That just leaves Penn State that she says is too big-they don't send out acceptance letters until Jan. We will likely go to the accepted student days for all she gets into just to be sure Oswego really is the place for her. All that lake effect snow should be great for a meteorologist! Plus they have a Division 1 Men's hockey team. I know she'd have a blast going to the games. She doesn't think she want to play varsity hockey (they have a women's team) but rather just a club or intramural team and they have both. Just got a text from Lizzy that the NH school called to say they don't have her transcript-guess she will have to talk to guidance about that.

I'm enjoying your trip report!!! OH...and I loved your wallet!

@lovesdumbo

Hi! I just read your post and wanted to comment that I live about 45 minutes from Millersville in Hershey, PA. It doesn't sound like MU is your daughter's first choice but it is a great school and lovely area. Good luck to your daughter as she embarks on her college years.

Sorry, D, for me interrupting your TR. I just had to comment.

Oh my gosh, and I live 45 minutes from Hershey, Pa in Williamstown! It really is a small world after all!
I don't comment much but I love reading your blog every day :)

@lovesdumbo

Hi! I just read your post and wanted to comment that I live about 45 minutes from Millersville in Hershey, PA. It doesn't sound like MU is your daughter's first choice but it is a great school and lovely area. Good luck to your daughter as she embarks on her college years.

Thanks! Great to hear! I think it's number 2 right now. It would probably be number 1 if it was easier for us to get to & if it had an rink on campus. We actually have a distant cousin (maybe 3rd) that was a professor there. Their meteorology dept has a good reputation & strong ties to Penn State. We did a visit last April. Beautiful campus and ALL the dorms are new. Really beautiful area of the country too. She liked the town of Millersville better than Oswego.

And I think it's kind of fun that Millersville mascot is a marauder.pirate:

My son will be going to Hersey this summer on his way home from a Boy Scout jamboree.

Last edited:
Drives me nuts. I'm glad that most of the theaters near me has the recliner preassigned seats.we buy our tickets on line and know where we are sitting before we go.
We did see moana at an older theatre. Bought tickets the day before. Arrived 1/2 hour early. We were the 2nd family in the theatre. People came in as the previewed started.

Fun tradition even if you have to work extra to free up the time.

I have to get my eating back on track. After saying I was not going to have wheat yesterday, we had tortellini for dinner. 360 calories but wheat and cheese. The 2 things I wasn't going to eat.

I find it so hard to eat as a family while my DH is "dieting". He needs measured portions that he can enter into my fitness pal. Which means he vetos most recipes since it is too hard for him to track or not over eat.

Yes - that is awesome when theaters do that... Most of ours don't do this yet - and I wish they would. ::yes::

It is super fun - I think we've been doing this every year - between Thanksgiving and Christmas - for at least 10 years, maybe longer? I detest MOA this time of year - so we always go during the week, it's less terrible then. LOL

I can feel for your DH - I have the same issue... I tend to stick to the same things over and over, because it's easier to log.

It's wonderful that your work and schedule is such that you can adjust when things like that come up. MOA is on my list of places to go.... Have fun shopping with your cousin!

The tree did not get up last night...my husband forgot he had a scrimmage last night (he's a high school basketball coach) so he didn't get home until late. Maybe tonight, since he had early morning practice again today. We shall see. Otherwise, it will probably go up this weekend. I'm ready to get the tree up! Once it's up it takes me a few days to get the branches fluffed out the way I like them. Then I'll put the ribbon on and it will stay bare until the 16th when Alyssa and Andrew arrive (he's planning to officially propose to her before they come for Christmas -- so exciting!). We'll all decorate it together that night. But all of the other decorations will go up before then -- I hope this weekend! We decorate the entertainment center, fireplace, and hearth in the family room, and the strange divider railing between the living room and dining room, and the front porch...and I swap out a lot of our wall décor with Christmas items, so that needs to get done.

What is the name of the FB group? I'd love to join. I'm terrible at decorating and could definitely use some help/ideas.

Have a great day!

Yes - it's nice to be able to to flexible, most of the time. Now I need to find the time, and a spare person, so I can take Dad to finish up his Christmas shopping. ::yes::

Did you get the tree up? I would love to invest in more wall decor... Maybe after Christmas, if there is anything left when it goes clearance. :scratchin

I've added you to the 2 that I like and use the most... I think you are just waiting for admin approval. :)

Thanks - same to you!

Hello!
Glad your Thanksgiving was great!

Quick Disney update and i loved it! There is nothing more beautiful than the Poly!!! So lush and relaxing.. CANNOT WAIT TO GET BACK THERE!

One day we will try the wave. Maybe the Tom and i run to Disney trip without kids? WHo knows.

the Tee shirt is adorable on V and i do love all 8? of your a&a bangles!

ADORE the christmas decorations!! LOVE LOVE it's all so homey and comfortable while still living in a hallmark christmas movie!

Yes i have been watching them every chance i can..

Have a great day!

Thanks!!!

Yes - I love the Poly - it's so awesome and that smell... Though it's way different since the remodel than what it used to be - I was a little shocked about that. As I am a very scent-oriented person. ::yes::

You should... Oooh a trip without the kids... :scratchin That's the first time I've ever heard you mention that... :woohoo:

Hahahha.... Well - I ended up with more than 8 when the trip was finally over... Yah... :scratchin

Thanks - I am having so much fun decorating... I love this time of year!!! :lovestruc

It's great that you are able to adjust your schedule in the sewing room so you can do other things when needed and when you want to.

How nice that Josh is liking the Hallmark Christmas movies even if he don't want to admit it.

How great that your eating is going well.

When I find the space for the Lego Disney Castle it will be displayed all year around.

As I told you a few days ago the weather forecast said it would be temperatures above freezing point again soon and rain. Sure enough today it's raining and the temperature is above freezing point. The roads are free from snow and ice which is good. But the sidewalks and the walking road from my garage to my apartment have slush snow on it that will become slippery thick ice when the temperature goes below freezing point again. I whish it rained more today so all the slush snow would go away before the temperature gets below freezing point again. The weather forecast say I'm not going to be that lucky that the slush snow will go away before the temperature goes below freezing point again. So I guess I have to find my anti slippery things ( I know we talked about these things I put on my shoes to get a grip on the ice last winter, but I can't remember what you call them in the US) to put on my shoes so I don't fall on the ice so easy.

Yes - it makes life easier sometimes. ::yes::

Hehehe... It's been fun to get into the Christmas spirit this year... I feel like I am more in the mood for it this year than any other in recent years. :lovestruc

Yes, you are right - we did talk about those, I know exactly what you are talking about, but I cannot remember what they are called either. LOL Be careful out there!!!

School is going great! I am really enjoying myself. I am being kept busy with homework and such, but the semester is practically over. I'll be taking my final exams and going home in about 3 weeks! Then I get a full month off!

NO of course not! I love seeing all the decorations you put in your home.

Did you get any Cyber Monday shopping done? A lot of stores had some great deals yesterday. I know I had good luck with Target, Amazon, The Disney Store, ect. I had to get a head start on my Christmas shopping.::yes::

Also, I meant to ask you, did your girls see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? I am not a huge Harry Potter fan, but my two friends here at school are, and I went with them to see it. It was a pretty good movie. As huge Harry Potter fans, my friends really enjoyed it!

Awesome!!! Glad to hear this! Good luck with exams (already!!! It's going so fast!) and enjoy your time at home, as I know you will! ::yes::

Ahhh - good... I did more yesterday - as I think you saw on FB... I am having way more fun with this than should be allowed. LOL

Not yet... We are planning to - we just haven't made it to the theater yet. We are all looking forward to it... Maybe this weekend - if we can get our schedules to coordinate... :scratchin

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I love your Christmas decorations! So pretty! It all looks very warm and cozy and peaceful-if that makes sense.
Glad your holiday eating went well. Mine was not great but not terrible. I did indulge a little too much. My mom made a pumpkin roll, which I love, that she left here and my mother-in-law left a huge pumpkin pie. I ended up throwing away what was left of the pie. I know that is wasteful but I couldn't give it away and since I am the only one that likes pumpkin pie here it had to go.
Have a great day!

Thanks! I am having so much fun putting everything together! I just love this time of year!

Oooh - I love pumpkin rolls... With cream cheese??? That would be a HUGE weakness for me too... I LOVE (love, love) any sort of spice/carrot/zucchini/pumpkin cake/bread/dessert with cream cheese frosting! Yummy!!! Ok - can't even think about that right now... LOL

I"ve been known to throw away things like that - I just cannot have them in the house and if no one else is going to eat them... I am usually fine if they are in the cupboards or out of sight - right now, Josh made a cake the other night, and it's sitting on my stove top - I am having a hard time staying out of it... It's gotta go today! LOL

So the shady shuttle is just a golf cart? Where does the shuttle transport you to? Also,. I have a question about SOG my son is military and we wondered about staying at SOG. Could we book more than one room? And do we always have to stay with him when we go back to our rooms?

Hi, D. I am enjoying the trip report so much! My daughter just started the 4th HP book and she is dying to see Diagon Alley at USO. we have been to the one in Ca but it is only Hogsmeade. Your Christmas Décor looks so great! I am looking forward to the day when we have a home of our own and our kids are big enough to not mess with everything that is out. For now, I am enjoying letting them take the reigns on decorating and having fun with it! Oh, I wanted to tell you, I ordered the Whole30 book and it finally came! My DH said if I wait to start after the holidays, he would do it with me. Right now I am reading through the book and trying to figure out what I can and can't get here. I found out that we can't get sweet potatoes here because they will not allow potatoes of any kind to be imported. Not sure why. Anyway, I am nervous but excited to find out how we do with it. I hope you have a great week and enjoy shopping with your cousin!

Thanks!!! I need to be better about Trip Reporting and less good about life reporting. LOL

I hope you do make it to U/S again... It's such a fun park - well, the HP areas are anyways. :scratchin

Thanks!!! I am having fun with it. There is a time and season for everything I guess - and I never had this much fun (or time, or $$) to decorate while the girls were younger, and I very much enjoyed letting them decorate anyways... Now that they are older - it's easier for me to go all out... I am sure, when one day I have grands, I will go back to letting them decorate - as there is nothing better in life than a tree decorated by a child. :lovestruc Enjoy these times, as they go fast - as you well know.

Yay for ordering the W30 book - it's a great eye-opening program... Congrats!!! I am very excited for you! I sure hope you are able to find the products/foods you need over there! Do you want me to add you to the W30 first timers group on FB??? It's a great (however - VERY STRICT) group... Very inspiring and a good source of camaraderie while doing the W30. ::yes::

Thanks!! I am looking forward to spending the day with her! This is our one day a year that we get to connect - and growing up together, it's a very cherished time for us. ::yes::

Your Christmas decorations look great. You are very good at getting colors and textures just right.

How is Allison doing?

We have been really busy with remodeling the kitchen, which mostly means cleaning up the debris that rains down through the floor and into the basement, Christmas decorations, shopping and getting ready for our Disney trip which begins Saturday. It will be nice to get away from the chaos for awhile.

Thanks - I really feel like I am fumbling, but I am having fun with it - so that's what matters. ::yes::

She is doing good - busy!!!! She just got hired at Great Clips a few weeks ago - as a receptionist - which is a great foot-in-the-door for her once she graduates... So, she is going to school full-time and working part time... Enjoying her friends and rarely home. LOL

I know that feeling!!! Glad it's over - you will love it when it's done... It's so difficult and stressful living in a home while it's being remodeled... I was so thrilled to go through my entire house when we were done and CLEAN it from floor to ceiling. ::yes::

If I don't see you again - have a great trip!!!! And a safe one!!! Enjoy! :lovestruc

Hi D! Belated Thanksgiving wishes! I'm just now finishing up my insanely busy time at work. Still busy with year end and all but not the 50 hour weeks it was for the last few months.

Congrats to A! She looks so happy! Love V's art work! Love all your Christmas decorations. Congrats to Matt! How fun that you got to go see him play!!!!

Lizzy is in the midst of college applications-she submitted 5 about 4 weekends ago. She got a phone call from one 3 days later that she was in! It was great to hear so quickly and boosted Lizzy's confidence. Her top choice right now is SUNY Oswego right on Lake Ontario. They had early action-so if you got your application in by 11/15 they would let you know by 12/15. She kept checking that status online and saw it change from under review to reviewed but it said the decision would be in the mail by 12/15. She got a great big envelope in the mail from them and was all excited but it was just a "thanks for applying" letter with a shiny brochure. That was frustrating for her but the very same day she got an email from Millersville (in PA) that her status had changed and when she checked that online it linked to an acceptance letter. Then the next day she got another big envelope from Oswego and it was an acceptance letter so she's very excited. We still haven't heard from a small school in NH-they can't seem to match up her transcript, SATs and application-I wasn't impressed when we went to visit and the place has a reputation of being a big party school that she would hate. She liked that it was easy to get to and the town looked a bit like our hometown but I think we can completely write that one off now. That just leaves Penn State that she says is too big-they don't send out acceptance letters until Jan. We will likely go to the accepted student days for all she gets into just to be sure Oswego really is the place for her. All that lake effect snow should be great for a meteorologist! Plus they have a Division 1 Men's hockey team. I know she'd have a blast going to the games. She doesn't think she want to play varsity hockey (they have a women's team) but rather just a club or intramural team and they have both. Just got a text from Lizzy that the NH school called to say they don't have her transcript-guess she will have to talk to guidance about that.

I'm enjoying your trip report!!! OH...and I loved your wallet!

Thanks!!! Same to you! It's always wonderful to see you Bernadette!!! And glad to hear that things are well with you and the family! :lovestruc

Thanks!!! It's been a crazy fall/early winter/holiday season - but it's been a lot of fun... We are all adjusting to our new family life... The girls off living life and Josh and I reconnecting - it's been good. :lovestruc

Congrats to Lizzy!!!! I am so excited for her!!! I've always been so fascinated with the weather - I am so excited to see where she goes and what she decides!!! Please tell her that for me! Keep me updated and best of luck to Lizzy!!! :woohoo:

Thanks!!! I need to be doing more Trip Reporting and less talking about life... It's just been so busy... I am hoping to have a bit of time this morning for another update. :scratchin

Thanks for stopping by Bernadette - it's been great seeing you here and catching up - it's hard to believe that it's been a year since we've seen eachother! :hug: Miss ya my friend!

@lovesdumbo

No worries!!! How cool!!! I'd do the same thing! lol

Oh my gosh, and I live 45 minutes from Hershey, Pa in Williamstown! It really is a small world after all!
I don't comment much but I love reading your blog every day :)

Hehehe... so many of you live so close to eachother - that is so cool!!!

Glad you are enjoying it! :lovestruc

Thanks! Great to hear! I think it's number 2 right now. It would probably be number 1 if it was easier for us to get to & if it had an rink on campus. We actually have a distant cousin (maybe 3rd) that was a professor there. Their meteorology dept has a good reputation & strong ties to Penn State. We did a visit last April. Beautiful campus and ALL the dorms are new. Really beautiful area of the country too. She liked the town of Millersville better than Oswego.

And I think it's kind of fun that Millersville mascot is a marauder.pirate:

My son will be going to Hersey this summer on his way home from a Boy Scout jamboree.

:)

D-forgot to mention earlier that I loved your nativity in the lantern!

Awwwh - thanks!!! That was a tough one to put together - I still feel like it's missing something, but I like it better than I did. :lovestruc

********************************************************************************************************

Well, I had a busy day at Target yesterday - it's the holiday season, so we are a bit crazy between freight and guests. I love this time of year there though! I am a bit sad, I just found out last week that my favorite Team Lead is leaving Target - I have been there for 10 years (as you all know) and it's pretty rare that I enjoy my TLs... I tolerate them, but rarely (or ever) connect with them... Well - this TL and I have so much in common, I was sooooo sad when she announced that she is moving on to better things. She has only been in our store for under a year, so I was a bit surprised. Oh well - I wish her the best, and she will surely be missed. At least we are now friends on FB, so we can stay connected that way. :lovestruc

In other news... Ummm.... I came home from work yesterday and worked on a quick little project... (not my idea - so I can't take credit for it)... I purchased 2 holiday placemats (the kind that are fabric backed), and I seam ripped a little hole in one of the corners, stuffed it with poly fill (or you could just purchase a cheap pillow, and use the filling from that) and sewed it back up again... Cheap and easy decor throw pillows! :woohoo: I have 2 more I'd like to find at a different Target store today. Then I will have 4 new throw pillows for under $16 total... Niiiiice huh?

20161130_154003.jpg

20161130_155137.jpg

20161130_161355.jpg

And a picture of V and I last night... We were both wearing our SCSU sweatshirts... (now you all know how "fabulous" I look after a day of working at Target - LOL)

Screenshot_2016-11-30-16-16-18.png

Josh and I had leftovers for dinner last night - nothing exciting. He watched his recorded episode of The Walking Dead - which i don't watch... So, I hung out on my tablet.

And that was about it.

Today is my MOA day... So I will be there most of the day - hoping to get some Christmas shopping done... I have very little done so far - I need to get to work on that - however, the MOA typically isn't the best place for that - as usually their prices and clearance is pretty limited. We will see, maybe I"ll get lucky? :scratchin

Have a great day all - I'll try for an update here if I have the time today... I need to squeeze in my work out before I leave too. ::yes:: Prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter