October 2015 PTR: a “Halloweenie” and her Fearless Companion conquer their first HHN!

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed in public

Whew, is it getting hot in here?!?!? :o

Careful, or this trip report might lose its "G" rating. :rolleyes1

(For the record I was thinking more along the lines of holding hands, strolling down Main Street with the moon and the stars sparkling along with all the twinkling lights, sharing a cup of hot cocoa as you gazed into each other's eyes and fondly recalled the days of yore........did I mention I'm a hopeless romantic schmuck?)

Did you check out my new ticker???
Love, love, LOVE the holiday lights!!! It's gonna be here before you know it!! :banana:

Gina Gina Bo Bina - I have you beat, I am down to 4 days until I leave, 5 days until I arrive in Orlando and a mere 6 days from our first visit to Discovery Cove - thanks for all the information! I can't wait to get there, no matter how many great things I have planned for our 2 weeks in Orlando I just KNOW that DC is going to be the tops on my list!

I'm sorry.....I'm totally entertaining myself with this. That's what happens when everyone goes out and leaves me to my own devices. I should never be left unsupervised. Insert little smilie guy in hang cuffs getting carted off to jail.

Gina Gina Bo Bina - I have you beat, I am down to 4 days until I leave, 5 days until I arrive in Orlando and a mere 6 days from our first visit to Discovery Cove - thanks for all the information! I can't wait to get there, no matter how many great things I have planned for our 2 weeks in Orlando I just KNOW that DC is going to be the tops on my list!

Woohoo!!! That's so awesome!! I can't wait to hear what you think of Discovery Cove......I hope you are as blown away by it as we were. Fingers crossed you get some fantabulous weather for your special DC day, too!

I'm sorry.....I'm totally entertaining myself with this. That's what happens when everyone goes out and leaves me to my own devices. I should never be left unsupervised. Insert little smilie guy in hang cuffs getting carted off to jail.

You're a naughty, naughty girl. So you're enjoying me blushing and squirming? :smooth:

Well this has been entertaining tonight!
Trips sooooo close now-remember-need full trip reports so I can live vicariously! with lots of pictures-HHN is on my bucket list (hoping middle child will want that for her mom&me senior trip in a few years:)-she is likely the only one who will be brave enough to want it).

Good job on the FP Gina!! splash.jpg

this is how we did Splash last year-I am hidden behind my 6'2" daughter but we LOVE this ride. My middle child's face (next to me in last row) is how she looked on EVERY ride last year-Memory maker worth it just for that ( and that was-and still is- my son's OH NO! face) I used this pic on our Christmas cards...

Now you know why I LOVE pictures in trip reports. I love love love seeing the people behind the words (and hope they are as weird as my family)

Also- NO SNOW (until you are safely in Sunshine state)

Gina Gina Bo Bina - I think DC is going to be the highlight of our trip..........and that's saying a lot considering we have 2 MNSSHP planned, 1 Hallowishes Dessert party, some of our favorites meals planned including HDDR in 127 hours (not that I am counting), lots of great times for fast passes, at least 1 full day at Sea World if not some short days, a huge condo for the 2 of us to wander around it, a pool the is simply calling our names, off site meals planned for Texas De Brazil, The Melting Pot and Cheesecake Factory, throw in a little nursing education just for good measure..........what more could I ask for????

I actually had prescription goggles made for me so this will be the first time ever that I will be able to SEE when I snorkle.........that alone is making me smile!

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you have a great trip and awesome weather too!

Well this has been entertaining tonight!
Trips sooooo close now-remember-need full trip reports so I can live vicariously! with lots of pictures-HHN is on my bucket list (hoping middle child will want that for her mom&me senior trip in a few years:)-she is likely the only one who will be brave enough to want it).

Good job on the FP Gina!! View attachment 124604

this is how we did Splash last year-I am hidden behind my 6'2" daughter but we LOVE this ride. My middle child's face (next to me in last row) is how she looked on EVERY ride last year-Memory maker worth it just for that ( and that was-and still is- my son's OH NO! face) I used this pic on our Christmas cards...

Now you know why I LOVE pictures in trip reports. I love love love seeing the people behind the words (and hope they are as weird as my family)

Also- NO SNOW (until you are safely in Sunshine state)

What an awesome pic. I love the way it showcases the personality differences in each of your kids!! :goodvibes

Your daughter is 6' 2? Man, am I jealous! ::yes::

Fear not, I plan to have lots of pics in my TR, pending any camera calamities of course!! I always figure its the pics that keep a report interesting....otherwise, its just a whole bunch of babble on my end (and I'm simply not fascinating enough to hold anyone's interest with chatter alone :rotfl:).

Wahoo! Got my magic band on Saturday. That means - yes, trip IS getting closer.

Checked the farmer's almanac yesterday. Says no rain during the time were are going. I hope they are right.

Starting to pack yet? LOL

Wahoo! Got my magic band on Saturday. That means - yes, trip IS getting closer.

Oh, yay!!! :jumping1: What colour did you pick for yourself??

Checked the farmer's almanac yesterday. Says no rain during the time were are going. I hope they are right.

I sooooo hope you (and the farmers :) ) are right!! Especially for the Halloween party & HHN nights.....if nothing else, I'm hoping for clear skies and comfy temps for the special events :sunny:.

I will admit, I've been peeking at the Accuweather long range forecast for the last few days (knowing full well it will change 15 times before we travel....yet, I can't help myself from looking nonetheless!).

We have been so, so fortunate with our trips so far. Always lovely weather with little to no rain, even in late August. Every time we get another sparkly, sunshiny vacation, we fear the next one will be a wash-out. Its been a pretty rainy summer and early autumn in Orlando, so I'm told, which makes me fret even more. Of course, fretting is one of the things I do best :o .

Starting to pack yet? LOL

Not really, but kind of :) . I have all of our Halloween costume stuff set aside in a box, as well as a few items we have purchased especially for the trip (new socks, new undies, camera batteries, that kind of stuff). The suitcases aren't out just yet, but the pre-packing organizing has definitely begun :thumbsup2 . A little more will get accomplished when I flip my closet from summer to winter at the end of the month....instead of putting the shorts away until next spring, I'll be tossing 'em in the luggage.

How about you....are you packed and ready to rock?

I can't believe how close we are getting!!!! 19 days for me!!

@sk8jdgca , are you still out there? I have been thinking of you, and wondering how your trip went. I hope your health was good for the duration of your vacation, and that you and the kiddos all had a marvellous time. I am hoping you still plan on doing a trip report of your adventures!

I wanted to tell you.....I took your advice, and purchased the Conair steamer for our pirate costumes (rather than have to take them to a dry cleaner once we arrived in Orlando). We did a test steam of Steve's pirate shirt last night (probably the most wrinkly of all the pieces).....and it worked AWESOMELY! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for the recommendation! Its a little bigger and heavier than I pictured, but nothing insurmountable. As a person who despises ironing, I think we'll more than get our money's worth from that little unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter